+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Al Jazeera Englsih: Britain raises terror threat level

Retired Seal
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2079

Al Jazeera Englsih: Britain raises terror threat level

in light of the ongoing international terrorist's saga, I present to you here:

Britain has raised its international threat level to 'severe', its second highest level of terror alert, the home secretary says.
    I can understand the belief in an increase in feeling that there are international tensions that have global repercussions.

"The Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre has raised the threat ... from 'substantial' to 'severe'. This means that a terrorist attack is highly likely," Alan Johnson said in a statement on Friday.

"But I should stress that there is no intelligence to suggest that an attack is imminent," Johnson said
    I take it that they just want to take precautions.
    Though he might feel that it could be b/c of this here, even though he doesn't state specifically:

He refused to say whether the change in the threat level, which takes it to the fourth highest level out of five, was linked to the failed Detroit plane bombing on December 25.
    There are many ideas and theories as to why terrorism exists in today's times.
    This is for sure.
    We all have opinions.

If you dig around, you'll find your own answers and come to conclusions that you feel are stronger than others.

Keep in mind also that such countries who sponsor threat levels also potentially and unwillingly provide threat fatigue.
    Constantly having to hear about threat levels and having suggested by your government that you've got to be vigilant could become fatiguing, I imagine.
    I think that I would if I had to constantly have to hear such warnings of danger.
    Would you also??

Now if your country constantly has to provide threat level statements, what does that portend for it's civilian population, other than potential threat fatigue??

In my opinion, if your government has to constantly provide for such statements, eventually, do you feel that, that might lead to a police-type of state in which, in order to control outside threats as providing danger to your country, you find yourself going from a country that espouses (to a point, that is), democracy to a police state that illustrates strong control over it's populace b/c the government fears challenge over it's position in office??

Here's the link to the news;

enjoy
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

slikrapid (24.01.10)

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    I take it that they just want to take precautions.
    these official 'mind games' just keep going on, playing with people & their emotions, like pushing buttons to get reactions, always making sure the anxiety level is high enough with a constant sense of insecurity further supported through various sources (media reports, raising levels of danger, attacks & failed attacks, bogus organizations with unbelievable resourcefulness and a strange cavemen appearance...) - and you pointed out (fatigue) that this kind of repetitive scenario surely cannot be beneficial in terms of emotional/psychological stability - and then they want ordinary people (in such a mental state) to report suspicious things - its only logical they would see all kinds of suspicious activity

meant people should remain on alert for danger, including looking for suspicious bags on public transport.
    thats how this 'terrorist threat' gets embedded into human psyche and is then perceived as a real threat...an external fabrication creating an internal reality

In my opinion, if your government has to constantly provide for such statements
    well, if one has enough free time or curiosity, he might be inclined to check the matter more thoroughly as opposed to the shallow media level, so the best way to avoid that is to keep one's mind/life/time filled with various tasks, his knowledge of the world filled with media-driven info/enter-tainment, because as the following proverb noticed, if the tension/stress levels are low enough, if there is enough clarity/awareness, free time to explore,... the many carefully constructed houses of cards are in danger of collapsing, revealing another side of our 'reality'

an idle mind is the devil's workshop
    or
    idle hands are the devil's workshop
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (24.01.10)

+ Reply to Thread