Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And now for something completely different.....

Retired Seal Freaky Fun Champion, Christmas Shooting Gallery Champion, Christmas Party Champion, Christmas Zombie Defence Champion, Cyberclasm Champion
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081

And now for something completely different.....

Since some of sb-i forums are in a slumber of sorts, it's time to (hopefully) revive this sub-forum ( I guess humans hibernate??) . I thought that I'd give it a hand in trying to revive this section. Please post here some of your favorite flickr photos.

I like this picture because it's such a simple yet beautiful pic. You can see the stars above which in most cases is very hard to see this amount of stars. One has to go out of the city and into the country at night to be able to see this many starts in the heavens. The reason why you can't see as many stars in the city as compared to being out in the country at night time is b/c of the light pollution.

Last edited by SealLion; 14.12.11 at 09:55.
    "God, from the mount Sinai
    whose grey top shall tremble,
    He descending, will Himself,
    in thunder, lightning, and loud trumpet’s sound,
    ordain them laws".

John Milton (1608-1674) in Paradise Lost

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Oh, oh. Better use LINUX.
    Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

BrianBosworth (15.12.11) , Instab (15.12.11)

Activity Longevity
    15/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss33835
    I take it you want the kind of nature photos that make you go "wow", and here some I have on my downloads folder. I keep all the cool images I find.

Didn't shoot these, only found them on the Net.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Thanks

4. Who Said Thanks:

BrianBosworth (15.12.11) , Instab (15.12.11) , SealLion (14.12.11)

Retired Seal Freaky Fun Champion, Christmas Shooting Gallery Champion, Christmas Party Champion, Christmas Zombie Defence Champion, Cyberclasm Champion
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081
    I love that 1st photo. It looks like lava on a body of water. The last pic of the aurora is splendid. At the top of the pic, it looks like it comes out as an initial explosion of an aurora. I recall when I used to live way up north, the normal green of the aurora was ever present pretty much every night and early morning. There was one instance where my mother saw a red aurora at night which apparently is not too common.
    Where is the waterfall, btw??
    ordain them laws".

Ripley's SealLion's Believe it or Not! ~ NASCAR car crashes and Windows have just one thing in common.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    15/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss33835
    Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    I love that 1st photo. It looks like lava on a body of water. The last pic of the aurora is splendid. At the top of the pic, it looks like it comes out as an initial explosion of an aurora. I recall when I used to live way up north, the normal green of the aurora was ever present pretty much every night and early morning. There was one instance where my mother saw a red aurora at night which apparently is not too common.
    I never saw one myself... but judging from the photos, definitely awe-inspiring, yes.

Where is the waterfall, btw??
    I have no idea, but a reverse image search says it's the Niagara falls, right in your homeland.
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I never saw one myself... but judging from the photos, definitely awe-inspiring, yes.

I have no idea, but a reverse image search says it's the Niagara falls, right in your homeland.
    You know, I had a chance to go there a few years ago but for some reason I didn't go. Blocker is coming to Montreal to study next year for a year, I believe and I think that when him and I meet later on then (we plan to), I think I might stop by there on the way and finally see it. The only big waterfall I ever saw was a waterfall called Montmorency Falls . I remember getting too close and hence pretty wet.

Here's a pic from flicr I managed to get a hold of.

See that little viewing area at the far bottom right. You can hardly see it but that is where I stood getting soaked. You might think that the water is far enough but it's the water spray from the falls that gets you surprisingly wet.

I think I have seen this pic before but I thought that I would present it here. It's also from flickr.

Last edited by SealLion; 15.12.11 at 00:42.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

BrianBosworth (15.12.11) , Instab (15.12.11) , anon (15.12.11)

Activity Longevity
    15/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss33835
    Nice pics. My father once traveled here, so I've already been lectured on how you always get wet, no matter how far from the waterfalls you seem to be standing

I've read Blocker is going to Canada in your visitor messages. That's nice, don't waste an opportunity to meet another forum member. We probably should all do a major meet-up one day.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081
    Oh, I definitely won't be wanting to miss out on meeting Blocker. You know, I've always thought that there should be a general meeting of sorts where everybody could finally meet everyone else that is on the forums. Though, you can imagine the logistics involved, eh??
    Oh, and yes. I have heard and seen pixs of the Iguazu falls. It would be fascinating to see. I would just love to stand somewhere on the edge of the water close to where they fall.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    5/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6556
    damn northern lights always kick ass
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081
    I know eh. Those plasma particles really kick ass . They just do it in so many ways. By the way, the Aurora Australis (in the Southern Hemisphere) do themselves occur somewhere around from March to Sept, I believe. Maybe anon is/was lucky enough to have seen some of them even though the auroras are mostly prevalent in the middle latitudes towards the poleward directions.
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

13. Who Said Thanks:

Instab (16.12.11)

P2P Client
    utorrent 1.8
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss278
    Meet up would be great ! Guys how about posting pics shot by you? especially nature pics. Need not be a special place , it could be your backyard as well :) Not sure if such a thread exist.
    Last edited by kelly; 16.12.11 at 16:18.
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Meet up would be great ! Guys how about posting pics shot by you? especially nature pics. Need not be a special place , it could be your backyard as well :) Not sure if such a thread exist.
    Yup. Here's a pic of my Beemer in the backyard from last summer. It's 'old-school'.

I think Instab might be a bit familiar with this since I mentioned it to him on the forum's chatbox a couple of times in the past,...eh, Instab??

ordain them laws".

Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent 1.8
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss278
    That's a sweet ride SL :)

Quote Originally Posted by SealLion View Post
    Yup. Here's a pic of my Beemer in the backyard from last summer. It's 'old-school'.

I think Instab might be a bit familiar with this since I mentioned it to him on the forum's chatbox a couple of times in the past,...eh, Instab??
    Here's my Bianchi from a park near to my home.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Thanks

17. Who Said Thanks:

SealLion (17.12.11)

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss2081
    Nice!!
    I love that reflector design on the spokes. So I take it you don't have any luggage or pouch for it, yes??
    ordain them laws".

Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent 1.8
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 17/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss278
    Yes. It's more of a performance bike which i use to cycle long distance. I use backpack while riding to carry luggage.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    utorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 13/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss27
    First one, do you have it in higher res bro ? Very good photo.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast