Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Disclosing information about member-only mods and tools

  1. #1

    Join Date
    23.08.10
    Posts
    10
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10

    Disclosing information about member-only mods and tools

    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    of course not. that's one reason why it is not public
    I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, though I take offense to the tone of your post. It is not my will to be combative, but I feel it incumbent upon myself to inform you that your posts make you appear smug and arrogant, specifically due to your use of "emoticons." One might hope that you find this revelation disappointing.

    Considering how disagreeably arbitrary the requisite conditions for the 'member' title are, I feel obligated to find out what this version of mRatio has to offer before embarking on a quest to ingratiate myself to the moderators, administrators, and other members of this forum. In simpler terms, I need to know that my efforts will not be wasted or otherwise in vain. Understand that not everyone has the available time to pander to or adulate those in charge, self included.

    Clearly, my chance of ever becoming a respected part of this community is now nil. Regardless, expressing myself is more important than any potential acceptance from those who may read my words. Please do not take these paragraphs as an indictment; they are but constructive criticism upon which you may feel it felicitous to construct a more complaisant persona.

    You have my sincere apologies for having wasting everyone's time. Thank you.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Instab's Avatar
    Join Date
    17.09.09
    Posts
    6,167
    Activity Longevity
    9/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6167
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    I appreciate you taking the time to answer my qüstions, though I take offense to the tone of your post. It is not my will to be combative, but I feel it incumbent upon myself to inform you that your posts make you appear smug and arrogant, specifically dü to your use of "emoticons." One might hope that you find this revelation disappointing.
    hehe, well, i think you can understand that we can't give too many details in public for good reason

    Considering how disagreeably arbitrary the requisite conditions for the 'member' title are
    would you prefer something like postcount or account age?
    not worth much i'd say don't you think?

    I feel obligated to find out what this version of mRatio has to offer before embarking on a qüst to ingratiate myself to the moderators, administrators, and other members of this forum.
    that's not how it works here and see below

    Clearly, my chance of ever becoming a respected part of this community is now nil.
    there you're wrong. unlike some other forums kissing ass dösn't work here. on the contrary one of the major differences compared to many other places is that you can actually be honest and blunt here. in fact we wouldn't have it otherwise
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

  3. Who Said Thanks:

    SomeGuy (24.08.10) , Vuze-Sbi (23.08.10)

  4. #3

    Join Date
    23.08.10
    Posts
    10
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    Quote Originally Posted by Instab View Post
    hehe, well, i think you can understand that we can't give too many details in public for good reason

    would you prefer something like postcount or account age?
    not worth much i'd say don't you think?

    there you're wrong. unlike some other forums kissing ass doesn't work here. on the contrary one of the major differences compared to many other places is that you can actually be honest and blunt here. in fact we wouldn't have it otherwise
    It is disconcerting that your initial response is "hehe." How is this a laughing matter? Regardless, I disagree with your position regarding giving details in public. If you have chosen to keep the program out of the hands of those in a lower caste (which is a more than adequate and fair term, given the discrepancy between those that are accepted and those left wanting), it does not stand to reason that you cannot summarize the product or provide rudimentary minutiae. You act as if I'm asking for source code or CIA documents on who killed JFK, which is decidedly not the case.

    As for your two quoted questions, I believe that either postcount or account age would easily be better than a non-existent, nearly unenforceable grading rubric against which we're all inevitably judged. Worth doesn't come into the equation when none of the options, be they potential or currently in use, make any reasonably worthwhile measurement of a person, their character, or their perceived usefulness to the community.

    It would be imprudent to dissect the final quoted paragraph due to time constraints on my part, but I will say this: While "kissing ass" may not help one climb the social ladder here, only a blind or oblivious man would say that it does not occur. Perhaps that is due to my admittedly loose definition of sycophancy, but the point made is no less accurate. Furthermore, I would like to know how honesty and bluntness are rewarded, because given the ascerbic nature of your response to my original queries, I'm loath to see how poorly someone with less tact and reason than myself would be received.
    Thanks

  5. #4

    Join Date
    06.02.09
    Location
    Monte Carlo
    P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Posts
    370
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss370

    Thumbs up mRatio

    Well, the newest version is full of pioneering features that we, as members, test and help to improve before they are ready for prime time and sharing with the masses. It's a responsibility, not a privilege.

    Seeing how both of you are disappointed because it is not shared with non-members, I believe even stronger that the policy of keeping such tools to members for the time being is a good one.

    New and innovative features are so new, that we might not know the extend of their impact, and so simply they are likely to get you banned because a lot of people are likely to not know how to use them correctly at first, because they have not been tested.

    You are angry and disappointed because you do not have access to the new "toy". mRatio 2.3.5 works just fine, it did not stop working because a new version is out, so you show that you are likely to be even more "angry and disappointed" if testing some innovative new tools got you banned. What if you should feel better that you do not have the access, which brings with it the extra responsibility of testing the new never-seen-before features, and risking your account at your favorite tracker to be suspended?

    Either way, believe it or not, you as non members, have access to great tools that do their job very very well. You even have access to the latest VEM, which is the grand-pimp-daddy of all cheating tools. It is the tool to rule them all.

    Remember, brother: cheating with mRatio 3 will not give you the ratio buffer or get you to PU faster than the tools you have in your computer.

    Tools help, but it is all in your brain. Use your brain well, and even PMR would be a lethal weapon.
    Thanks

  6. Who Said Thanks:

    seldom (17.09.10)

  7. #5
    jacksbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    15.10.08
    Location
    From Heaven
    P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Posts
    744
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss744
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    It is disconcerting that your initial response is "hehe." How is this a laughing matter? Regardless, I disagree with your position regarding giving details in public. If you have chosen to keep the program out of the hands of those in a lower caste (which is a more than adequate and fair term, given the discrepancy between those that are accepted and those left wanting), it does not stand to reason that you cannot summarize the product or provide rudimentary minutiae. You act as if I'm asking for source code or CIA documents on who killed JFK, which is decidedly not the case.

    As for your two quoted questions, I believe that either postcount or account age would easily be better than a non-existent, nearly unenforceable grading rubric against which we're all inevitably judged. Worth doesn't come into the equation when none of the options, be they potential or currently in use, make any reasonably worthwhile measurement of a person, their character, or their perceived usefulness to the community.

    It would be imprudent to dissect the final quoted paragraph due to time constraints on my part, but I will say this: While "kissing ass" may not help one climb the social ladder here, only a blind or oblivious man would say that it does not occur. Perhaps that is due to my admittedly loose definition of sycophancy, but the point made is no less accurate. Furthermore, I would like to know how honesty and bluntness are rewarded, because given the ascerbic nature of your response to my original queries, I'm loath to see how poorly someone with less tact and reason than myself would be received.
    dont be angry man its just in the testing mode it have its advantages and disadvantages i am testing it on various trackers,you can also try to post some good posts test various tools on trackers and report them here which will help you good rep here and you can even get the member class,post some good ideas,articles.
    Last edited by jacksbi; 24.08.10 at 04:42.
    Thanks

  8. #6

    Join Date
    23.08.10
    Posts
    10
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    It's a responsibility, not a privilege.

    Seeing how both of you are disappointed because it is not shared with non-members, I believe even stronger that the policy of keeping such tools to members for the time being is a good one.

    You are angry and disappointed because you do not have access to the new "toy".
    On the topic of strange definitions, your concepts of responsibility and privilege could use a tune-up. You, being in a different caste than I, have access to programs that I do not. That, sir, is privilege. You're under no obligation to test these programs, so there is no responsibility.

    "Both of you?" Re-read the thread, s'il vous plaît. It's just me that sees a problem here. And you want new tools to be available only to you and others of your user group because it's some kind of unintelligible status symbol among ratio cheaters. This just reeks of Manorialism, so it's no small wonder that I feel like a serf.

    You make a lot of baseless, uninformed assumptions which serve only to make you look foolish. At no point have I expressed anger (you'd certainly know if I had), and the only disappointment I feel is over the dismissive tendencies and utter disregard for understanding thus far displayed by Instab. Please, for your own sake, do not pretend to know what I feel or think, for you will be incorrect.

    None of this nonsense was my intent, so please don't think I came here with the intent to cause strife. Since this situation will remain unresolved, I propose we simply stop this line of discourse and go on as we were. There's little more to do here than defend our positions and bicker needlessly, neither of which is beneficial to anyone.
    Thanks

  9. #7
    jacksbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    15.10.08
    Location
    From Heaven
    P2P Client
    Mratio,VEM,RM
    Posts
    744
    Activity Longevity
    2/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss744
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    On the topic of strange definitions, your concepts of responsibility and privilege could use a tune-up. You, being in a different caste than I, have access to programs that I do not. That, sir, is privilege. You're under no obligation to test these programs, so there is no responsibility.

    "Both of you?" Re-read the thread, s'il vous plaît. It's just me that sees a problem here. And you want new tools to be available only to you and others of your user group because it's some kind of unintelligible status symbol among ratio cheaters. This just reeks of Manorialism, so it's no small wonder that I feel like a serf.

    You make a lot of baseless, uninformed assumptions which serve only to make you look foolish. At no point have I expressed anger (you'd certainly know if I had), and the only disappointment I feel is over the dismissive tendencies and utter disregard for understanding thus far displayed by Instab. Please, for your own sake, do not pretend to know what I feel or think, for you will be incorrect.

    None of this nonsense was my intent, so please don't think I came here with the intent to cause strife. Since this situation will remain unresolved, I propose we simply stop this line of discourse and go on as we were. There's little more to do here than defend our positions and bicker needlessly, neither of which is beneficial to anyone.
    it is not only the reason the other reason is some of the people posting these tools on their forums,blog and on other websites and telling that it is the program made by them,they are not giving credtis to the users who had put the hardwork to develop these tools,so the member status title requirement had came up.
    Thanks

  10. #8
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    30,169
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss30169
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    Since this situation will remain unresolved, I propose we simply stop this line of discourse and go on as we were. There's little more to do here than defend our positions and bicker needlessly, neither of which is beneficial to anyone.
    True.
    "That door is open. What do you want to do with your key?" -- ADOM 1.1.1
    Thanks

  11. #9

    Join Date
    06.02.09
    Location
    Monte Carlo
    P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Posts
    370
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 15/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss370
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    I'm loath to see how poorly someone with less tact and reason than myself would be received.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    You make a lot of baseless, uninformed assumptions which serve only to make you look foolish.
    I agree that this conversation will not solve anything, so it's over.

    But please, next time, have some finesse, mon gars. In a civilized conversation, it is not productive to say that others are less than you on any criteria, because that is passive-aggressive and not rational.

    I personally do not appreciate being called foolish just because I have an opinion different than yours. You will live a hard life if you did that to everyone who does not agree with you, but I guess, for someone who is critical of ass-kissing, you need your ass to be kissed on the internet or you will "get angry". I see no tact in your posts.

    You made 5 posts, half of them are to complain that you are not a member. How does that contribute to the community?

    In all cases, I want to remind you that life is unfair. We might not like it, but c'est la vie, petit, c'est la vie. We have good reasons to have the distinction between members and non-members, if you like it, then good, if not, then whether you get over that bitter feeling or not, it will not change anything.

    I wish you the best.
    Thanks

  12. Who Said Thanks:

    Instab (24.08.10)

  13. #10

    Join Date
    23.08.10
    Posts
    10
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    &
    Sir, you've obviously not made any attempt to comprehend my position whatsoever. This saddens me deeply. Since you're taken the time to repond to my post (a post in which I posited that this miserable discussion should cease, no less), it would be uncouth of me to not respond in kind, especially since youve taken it upon yourself to be a little less than complimentary in your assessment of me.

    I've been nothing but civil and rational with you (and everyone else, for that matter), and, for the record, my life is more than halfway over and it's been more or less fine thus far. I take great pride in my ability to be rational and logical both in spite and in the face of those who couldn't recognize ratioale or logic if either flew up their nose. I've not asked for my ass to be kissed, nor will I denigrate myself by doing so in order to sway the approval of people I can't even confirm exist. In my 45 years, I've never once sucked up or kissed ass, and I'll be damned if I start now. That others willfilly do so is a problem and failure on their part, and I can't help them.

    If you'll take a moment to read what I've written thus far, I stated quite clearly that I don't intend to make any attempt to "contribute to the community" unless I know my efforts will eventually count for something. If that makes me self-serving, so be it; Life's far too short to act solely in the interest of others while ignoring myself. "Look out for number one" is a motto that has served me well in my travels around the globe, and until coming here, I'd not seen anyone who thought of it negatively. Color me shocked. If that's not how you operate, congratulations. That just means that our thought processes differ, a fact for which I am very thankful. Oh, and I'm not the one who said anything about getting angry, trying to goad me into a pissing contest was unwise.

    Take note that the guidelines of good taste have forced to continue the exercise in futility that is trying to present a point of view that is obviously incomprehensible to whatever the lot of you consider yourselves individually or collectively. Once more, this was not my intent. If you could find it in your heart to let this topic die it's well deserved death, I'll be forever grateful. If not, then come prepared to read wall after wall of text explaining, in exhausting detail, why I believe you're wrong. Dealer's choice.
    Thanks

  14. #11
    Advanced User Resurrection's Avatar
    Join Date
    24.07.10
    Posts
    997
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 12/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss997
    Kool-Aid Man,

    I like that idea.

    Sort of like a changelog.It may not be feasible to reveal ALL of the features but even disclosing a FEW may be good.

    -Fixed a possible crash issue
    -Fixed some bug errors
    -Added x functionality

    or something like that...

    I'll tell you what though,the only tool you need is the Ratiomaster
    Which is available freely at moofdev forum...No fuss...No drama...No nothing...
    Thanks

  15. #12
    Moderator
    Instab's Avatar
    Join Date
    17.09.09
    Posts
    6,167
    Activity Longevity
    9/20 14/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss6167
    it's hard to post a changelog without revealing private features
    Your account has been disabled.
    Thanks

  16. #13
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    30,169
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss30169
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Sort of like a changelog.It may not be feasible to reveal ALL of the features but even disclosing a FEW may be good.
    So that seba creates a fake mRatio 3 and uses that changelog to make it look like the real thing, just like he did with eMule Toxic?
    "That door is open. What do you want to do with your key?" -- ADOM 1.1.1
    Thanks

  17. #14

    Join Date
    23.08.10
    Posts
    10
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 11/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss10
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    I'll tell you what though,the only tool you need is the Ratiomaster
    Which is available freely at moofdev forum...No fuss...No drama...No nothing...
    I use RM, but really dislike having umpteen icons in my system tray. My primary interest in mR is the "all-in-one" functionality.

    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    So that seba creates a fake mRatio 3 and uses that changelog to make it look like the real thing, just like he did with eMule Toxic?
    From what I've read, this Seba fellow isn't a coder, but a credit-taking theif. If that's the case, how would/could he immitate any other program or function? Serious question.
    Thanks

  18. #15
    Moderator anon's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.02.08
    Posts
    30,169
    Activity Longevity
    8/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss30169
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    From what I've read, this Seba fellow isn't a coder, but a credit-taking theif. If that's the case, how would/could he immitate any other program or function?
    In the eMule case, he just hex-edited 1.0 (you don't need coding skills to do this) to replace "1.0" with "1.1", and forged a changelog to make it look like the real 1.1.
    "That door is open. What do you want to do with your key?" -- ADOM 1.1.1
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121