FeedTheNet - FTN

This review is about the famous: FTN

URL: FeedThe.Net
    Invites: Yes, for donors
    Category: General/ 0Day
    Number of Users: ~5000
    Number of Torrents: ~15000

Some general info about the tracker:

FTN is one of the rarest, most wanted trackers out there. It was founded on 2006-04-03, which makes it 3 years now. Its community is famous for its kindness and helpfulness. Speeds are good, there are many seedbox users, some even have gbit connections.

Older torrents are slower though and sometimes even don't have seeders anymore, which traces back to the fact, that FTN only got 4500 members.
    Nonetheless FTN has some very loyal seeders who keep their torrents in their clients for years; the oldest torrents on FTN were uploaded 3 years ago.

Another important change for FTN was the introduction of a ratio-free system, the first one which was ever seen on a private tracker. This could only be achieved by the great faith of the staff in their members. It basically means, that only your upload is counted and that there's no ratio system anymore. People just have to seed their torrents for 48 hours with an open connection.

Stats:

As you can see, they have a great amount of seeders in relation to their small userbase. They used to have much less seeders but benefited from the no ratio system. The seeders doubled in no time.

Categories:

Pretty standard categories, the only interesting one is "packs".
    FTN like FSC or ScT is very famous for its huge amount of packs.
    They have packs for everything: Movies, games, apps, music
    Overall 488.

Browse:

About pretimes: They used to be better at FTN but are still nice now.
    ScT or SCC mostly beat them easily though.

Forums:

The forums of FTN can be called the heart of FTN. It's the place were all the members of FTN come together and talk about everything. FTN is a community based tracker like FSC.

General Rules

User Classes

Invites

Invites used to be given out to FTN Powers on request, nowadays only donors get invites. There were also many occasions where every FTN member got an invite...
    The staff quickly stopped those actions though, since invites were being traded or sold on ebay. The current amount of invites is shown on the stats screenie.

Conclusion

FTN is surely a very good tracker. But it just can't fulfill all the high expectations from members who want to join it- they often forget that FTN is also just a tracker. In this aspect FTN is overrated. But it can't be denied that it has everything a good tracker needs:

Good speeds, good pretimes, nice members etc.

I really like it much... especially for its community. People who are looking more for the torrenting aspect should rather take a look at ScT.
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Finale (02.12.11) , Lucius (05.08.11) , Hunter (29.06.11) , illusive (13.05.11) , ieseanul (17.04.11) , Würfelzucker (01.02.11) , Vuze-Sbi (28.07.10) , Extraterrestrial (24.07.10) , hearthrob (23.07.10) , darkside (14.11.09) , leyla (10.10.09) , mufty (18.09.09) , atlantis (13.07.09) , Mihai (30.06.09) , bolero (23.06.09) , Blocker (11.05.09) , Kyllyee (25.04.09) , kelly (22.04.09) , anonftw (17.04.09) , vDD+wR (17.04.09) , Se7Ven (17.04.09) , anon (17.04.09) , SBfreak (17.04.09) , kazuya (17.04.09) , shoulder (17.04.09)

P2P Client
    Deluge,Utorrent,Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss243
    If you have ScT then FTN is totally useless / overated
    I am on trackers for better speeds and ftn doesn't fulfill my needs - downloading at faster rates
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    If you have ScT then FTN is totally useless / overated
    I am on trackers for better speeds and ftn doesn't fulfill my needs - downloading at faster rates
    No doubt ScT is better in torrents. Just hang around on FTN IRC, and you will see that it is a very good community, and it does matter.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Deluge,Utorrent,Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss243

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by classyboy View Post
    No doubt ScT is better in torrents. Just hang around on FTN IRC, and you will see that it is a very good community, and it does matter.
    Who cares about community at FTN
    I am glad that i am member at SB-I and i only love community here..
    I know how hard i was trying to get into FTN(why other forums wrote that FTN is best)
    But when i made into FTN i was highly disappointed to see just few seeders..

Who told you that FTN has a very good community??
    SB-I has better community

I going to trade FTN account for HDbits.org Account with my friend
    Last edited by Hellboy; 30.06.09 at 19:05. Reason: ftn sucks
    Thanks

6. Who Said Thanks:

atlantis (13.07.09)

TBH I just love the icons
    Thanks

8. Who Said Thanks:

(10.04.20) , Musique01 (05.12.09)

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    Who told you that FTN has a very good community??
    SB-I has better community

I going to trade FTN account for HDbits.org Account with my friend
    I am not comparing communities here. SBI definitely has a great community, better than any other I have known. All of us enjoy here, being a part of it. But just being on SBI doesn't mean you suddenly forget old friends you made on other trackers.

FTN have good people around, including the staff. I have got most of my higher tracker invites from there. I have quite a few friends on FTN, whom I regularly meet on IRC. The last time I downloaded from FTN must be many months ago. No doubt I agree FTN is overrated when it comes to torrents, but that is not the only thing that matter. Torrenting is definitely substandard there.

But again, it's an individual opinion. If you dont like it, well and good. Your opinion is highly appreciated. But all may not think the same.
    Good to see you are going to trade FTN for HDbits. Better for you. And better for FTN too.

EDIT: (removed)
    Last edited by anon; 30.06.09 at 20:04. Reason: -
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Deluge,Utorrent,Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss243
    Quote Originally Posted by classyboy View Post
    I am not comparing communities here. SBI definitely has a great community. But just being on SBI doesn't mean you suddenly forget old friends you made on other trackers.
    FTN have good people around, including the staff. You must not be hanging around in IRC. I have most of my higher level trackers, as people there gave me invites for free. I have quite a few friends on FTN, whom I regularly meet on IRC. The last time I downloaded from FTN must be many months ago. No doubt I agree FTN is overrated when it comes to torrents, but that is not the only thing that matter.
    Good to see you are going to trade FTN for HDbits. Better for you. And better for FTN too.
    No body is going to change your mind
    Hang in FTN irc and i'll Leech the trackers dry and will leave them crying for donations
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39433
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
    Hang in FTN irc and i'll Leech the trackers dry and will leave them crying for donations
    Calm down. By the way, why do I think I have heard that phrase before?

And from what I know, FTN may have few seeders but some of them are seedboxes.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Deluge,Utorrent,Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss243

Cool lol

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Calm down. By the way, why do I think I have heard that phrase before?

And from what I know, FTN may have few seeders but some of them are seedboxes.
    I don't know why people support FTN
    I have tested same torrent from FTN and ScT and I was getting more speeds from ScT.
    We must Threw FTN on ground
    There are also other trackers That are a lot better than this Fu**ing Tracker like IPT etc
    Last edited by Hellboy; 30.06.09 at 19:52. Reason: lol
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39433
    Well, ScT is full of seedboxes, but FTN is ratio-free, meaning which unlike at ScT, you actually have a chance to survive on a home connection - just keep the torrent seeding.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    Vuze Extreme Mod
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss171
    Anon, Sorry for all this altercation. I think the previous few threads by me and Hellboy are not at all helping this review thread at all (except increasing our both's post counts, lol!)and really feel they should be deleted. Both of us have our own reviews and way of putting it in front. Anyways, they are not needed in this thread, I think.
    Last edited by anon; 30.06.09 at 20:05. Reason: -
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39433
    Having a relatively off-topic discussion doesn't matter as long as arguments are laid out in a correct manner.
    Thanks

16. Who Said Thanks:

Hellboy (30.06.09)

Activity Longevity
    3/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss4827
    As long as you're talking about FTN I see no problem.

About FTN itself, I've never been a member till now but it should be clear it isn't the best one if we're speaking about the torrent aspect.
    But for sure it's safer to download something from a small, community-orientated tracker than from some big tracker with huge userbase.

------------------------------>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<------------------------------

Thanks

18. Who Said Thanks:

Hellboy (30.06.09)

P2P Client
    Deluge,Utorrent,Vuze
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss243
    The whole discussion is not useless as it might help other users,as people give everything for FTN,like i am getting Tranceroute+HDbits.org accounts
    Last edited by Hellboy; 30.06.09 at 20:10. Reason: ha ha
    Thanks

20. Who Said Thanks:

(10.04.20)

Activity Longevity
    7/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    3/5 ssss39433
    Old username removed.

Quote Originally Posted by shoulder View Post
    But for sure it's safer to download something from a small, community-orientated tracker than from some big tracker with huge userbase.
    I agree. For someone that needs security, TL, for example, and its 150000 users are pretty much a public tracker with invites.
    Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast