PDA

View Full Version : i think i got banned from iptorrents..

A-Day
24.10.07, 22:49
using UT 1.7.5 and greedytorrent. i also had ratiomaster running. i get this in the tracker status.

Failure: unregistered torrent pass

i'm still connected to the peers and downloading, but get that error.

i get this from the website,

403 Forbidden
Unauthorized.

either i'm banned or the site is down. i think i got banned. i was using low speeds too. can anyone else confirm that the site is still up, http://iptorrents.com

thanks.

Punisher
25.10.07, 00:18
Site is UP :biggrin:
and also open for Sign UP's

regard
punisher

A-Day
25.10.07, 00:35
dammit, i guess i got banned. :(

A-Day
25.10.07, 16:31
i have a theory to the anti-cheat methods that some trackers use. i was using GreedyTorrent and they detect a constant ratio on every announce interval. say you set greedytorrent to report 3MB upload per 1MB download. no matter how much you download, your upload ratio will be the same. some trackers can detect this for every interval, see your constant ratio and then ban you.

this might be the reason i was banned. a constant ratio. so users of greedy torrent beware. i got this info from the greedytorrent forums, http://forum.greedytorrent.com/viewtopic.php?t=248 we should wait for an update before using this app, because it doesn't support random ratio per interval.

to be safe, if you use an upload multiplicator mod, it will always send extra zeros in the uploaded string, "&uploaded=000". trackers might detect this and ban you. so my advice is to use an app like ratiomaster to fake and has the ability to randomly change upload speeds at every announce interval.

Snakedoctor
28.10.07, 17:42
it's strange since iptorrents doesn't have so good scripts. but i think it is coz of ratiomaster running. ratiomaster isn't a good cheating tool. or maybe your average speed was to high so you got cought.

A-Day
29.10.07, 14:51
my upload speed in RM was a random low speed of, 8kb/s-20kb/s. so i still believe that greedytorrent constant ratio might be the culprit.

twilight
13.11.07, 02:52
RM havent failed me yet...
set teh upload and download speed near the same value.
like UL:50kb/s and DL:45kb/s and then randomize it

zatoicchi
29.11.07, 22:03
got banned there also...using RM no what value i inputted only there..seems weird but they said they (IP torrents)upgraded there anti cheat software and as far as greedy torrents i think the guywho made is not going to update itanymore but that is just my guess he has not been around his for along time