PDA

View Full Version : HD-Bits.Ro imposes minimum monthly traffic requirement

shoulder
09.03.09, 22:38
Since we’ve posted about HD-Bits.Ro open signups several times on FILEnetworks Blog, it’s safe to assume that there are lots of readers here who are also members of this popular HD torrent tracker. If you are an existing member of HD-Bits.Ro, you may find this news interesting. From this month onwards, HD-Bits has imposed a minimum monthly traffic requirement of 10GB. That is, your average monthly traffic (upload + download) should exceed 10GB if you are to continue being a member of this tracker.
Read More (http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/03/hd-bitsro-imposes-minimum-monthly.html)

I don't like that kind of forcing users to download/upload.
Why should I do so if there's nothing which interests me ATM?

At least it's an average value, which means if your account is for example just one month old but you already have about 50GB traffic you don't need to generate any more traffic for the next 4 months. :wink2:

anon
09.03.09, 22:50
I don't like it either. And since you can use mB/s fake speeds there, it's non-cheaters that are hurt the most - they'll have to download and/or seed things they msot likely don't even need to make it to the monthly 10GB.

Aurion
10.03.09, 00:29
Hey shoulder I really think that the 10GB download requirement is per a month,which means that if you have those 50GBs as a buffer for any given month,this won't exempt you from this new amendment,don't you think so ? I mean you still have to buffer those 10Gbs every month whatever you total traffic is.

SealLion
10.03.09, 00:42
you know I used to be on a tracker that had a similar scheme with its userbase. Sorry, but atm I wouldn't remember the name of that sorry-ass tracker anyways.

I don't like schemes that like either. They are pretty stupid and it forces one to use the site when nothing is really interesting atm for that user.

I'll bet that the most of the staff there probably don't like it either.

Most likely there may have been a debate on the issue and some staff just lost out on it. Maybe the mods were made exempt from the requirement.

Who know's right??

zatoicchi
10.03.09, 03:49
that's really ridiculous for them to impose such a rules..i guess i going to cheat there like crazy then until they banned me...

shoulder
10.03.09, 15:00
Rules: " Accounts with a cumulate traffic (download and upload) less than 10GB/month will be disabled after a 1-week warning.
This is an average value, actually you are not forced to upload/download every month. Freelech download isn't taken into account."

Receiving a warn means you have 1 week to increase your traffic to an average of 10GB/month. If you don't, your account will be disabled.

Example: for a 6 months old account, the cumulate traffic (upload plus download) should be at least 60GB.

Aurion, according to the article I'm right with my average theory. :tongue:

that's really ridiculous for them to impose such a rules..i guess i going to cheat there like crazy then until they banned me...
Good luck, you'll have an hard job there getting banned. :biggrin:
7MB/s in mR and still no ban. :wink2:

anon
10.03.09, 15:46
i guess i going to cheat there like crazy then until they banned me...

They ban you a day after you flash upload. Good luck... :biggrin:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
10.03.09, 15:56
Good luck, you'll have an hard job there getting banned. :biggrin:
7MB/s in mR and still no ban. :wink2:

Actually i have been banned overthere cheating with a 450 max speed...they don't instant banned me...they banned me after 2 mounth..i can't understand very well why..that was happened in november last year.

So i don't advice anybody to cheat with high speeds even if for now everything looks ok.

anon
10.03.09, 15:57
A delayed ban. One of the admins looked at the logs, I guess. This has happened at What.cd too - members cheating and getting disabled a month after.

SealLion
11.03.09, 01:14
Well, that ain't right!!

I won't have none-a-that now.

How dare they delay-ban someone 2 months after, and they still get to leach, leach, and leach to kingdom-come and I have to suffer all the while feeling 'oh-so-sorry' for myself because I can't leach 'em anymore.

The only thing I get to do is proudly tell everyone that I got banned from some place here or there.

People ought to be banned- right slap-dap on the spot!!

What the hell has the world got to?? (imitates some old guy that's ready to croke)

What's with these dang kids now-a-days anyways??!!

I"m gonna go on some IRC tell one of the staff there,with upmost pride, that I got banned from thier place and the fact that I got to leach 'em till they was dry, yet meanwhile, and all the while , some young pup still gets to have fun leach'in those hounds drier than I could get 'em to. And he's still cheating them!!

It ain't fair, man!!:biggrin:

..........er....that was a joke, eh??

No seriously folks.

I think that I can see one of the reasons why the site may have opted to do this. I was thinking this morning that one of the reasons why a site may opt to engage in such actions with its membership is to combat account collectors.

Account collectors, you know, just collect. Seldom if ever really make use of a site to its full potential for all that it has to offer. The forums, the torrents, the friends one makes from the site, etc...etc.....You understand what I mean??

Its one thing to collect and hold up the potential for another user who would like to get in and use the site.

And yet for that other person to collect solely to legitimately use an account (that word, 'legitimately', is used loosely here with respect to cheating at a site) . And have little, or perhaps no qualms, downloading and uploading the required amounts what the site would now require of its userbase.

Though, I certainly can understand what Shoulder means re: being forced to download material that you don't really like just so as to meet the new DL/UP requirements.

vDD+wR
11.03.09, 09:47
When I read the news about that, I first thought of those who neither don't know those cheating tool mentioned afore nor have access to a seedbox or a fast internet connection. Really poor guys.

Imagine someone who likes to dl there and now is even forced to max out his/her bandwith to reach the limit nearly the whole time...:mad:

Hopefully this won't be future trend among the private trackers!

But good to see that more and more people have the chance to use our tools in order to maintain a good ratio. :klatsch_3:

greetz vDD

anon
11.03.09, 18:40
@SealLion: you have a very good point there. Collectors could very well be using a spot another member which will really use the tracker doesn't have, and wishes he did.

But I think 10GB of traffic/mo. is a bit too much, even with the "averaging" system. Something like 150MB, 300MB, or maybe 1GB, would be a bit more reasonable, in my opinion.

Aurion
12.03.09, 00:25
Aurion, according to the article I'm right with my average theory. :tongue:

lool :tongue: maybe I slipped off your point tho,I thought you meant if you made a buffer like 50Gb in 1 month,then in the next coming 5 months you didn't download/upload anything,then you still will be banned for that,the rule is simple & clear tho,you have to do a monthly buffer for a minimum of 10GBs :biggrin:

shoulder
12.03.09, 14:43
No, you don't. :biggrin:

Take your download/upload stats and divide them through the number of months you're a member there.
If the result is > 10 you should be fine. :tongue:

Dagon
12.03.09, 15:20
boah ey, never used the tracker got sometimes logging in and now looked => desactiavted.

ok my problem, if i would use it it would be not a problem

Mfg Dagon

Se7Ven
12.03.09, 17:42
1--who needs seriousley this tracker....and for what????

2there are a million better sites fo HD material:wink2:

3please ask yourself why they need new laws....i find no reason for anything:biggrin:

4 but who is a collector and whos not...sorry but.that make me smile thats a joke,,,,,for old ladys:biggrin: