PDA

View Full Version : Firefox-Entwickler planen weiten Versionssprung

Snitlev
06.03.09, 15:41
Der nächste Firefox wird die Versionsnummer 3.5 anstelle der ursprünglich geplanten 3.1 tragen. Die Entwickler des Open-Source-Browsers entschieden sich diese Woche auf einem Status-Meeting für den größeren Versionssprung, um die "große Bandbreite" an Neuerungen gegenüber der aktuellen Version 3 zu verdeutlichen.

Quelle: heise online - 06.03.09 - Firefox-Entwickler planen weiten Versionssprung (http://www.heise.de/newsticker/Firefox-Entwickler-planen-weiten-Versionssprung--/meldung/134101)

Naja dann wollen wir uns als beta-tester ^^ erhoffen das die nächsten Neuerungen auch das halten was sie versprechen, so das das Grundprinzip weiterhin auf Stabilität und Sicherheit gelegt wird und jeder sich quasi sein eigenen Browser mit den Ganzen Tools und plugins selber zusamenstellen kann wie er möchte...

mfg

SealLion
07.03.09, 01:41
Snitlev: are you talking about the newer version of FF 3.5 and the fact that its going to have some newer features and improvements?

I did a quick google check and its kind of what I came up with. I noticed that you mentioned 'beta' and I also came up with this.

I did notice in my search that the new beta is going to incorporate some features that didn’t quite make the cut for Firefox 3.0.

I also noticed that the newer FF is going to have a much faster JavaScript rendering engine. That'll be good and something to look forward too, yes??

But unfortunately, FF isn't supposed to come out until later on this year. But that shouldn't be that far away, yes??

anon
07.03.09, 16:15
Hi SealLion,

The new Firefox's version number was going to be 3.1, until they changed it to 3.5 - it seems that all the new additions were too much for just 0.1 to be added to the version number, just like it happened with v1.0. :tongue:

A new tabbed browsing system, [even] better Web standards compatibility, smart folders (no idea of what this means :biggrin:), and an optimized JavaScript engine are among the things you'll see when it's out.

By the way, Firefox 3.0.7 stable has been released!

SealLion
07.03.09, 18:08
By the way, Firefox 3.0.7 stable has been released!

that's right.

It came out last week I believe.

I always try to look for the interesting security issues that were resolved. In the current version, there is fixed:

Fixed in Firefox 3.0.7
MFSA 2009-11 URL spoofing with invisible control characters

Description

Mozilla contributor Masahiro Yamada reported that certain invisible control characters were being decoded when displayed in the location bar, resulting in fewer visible characters than were present in the actual location. An attacker could use this vulnerability to spoof the location bar and display a misleading URL for their malicious web page.

I'm glad for this:

The DOM Inspector has been removed and is now available as an add-on.

I never did make use of it, though I believe that this was always an option anyways.

anon
07.03.09, 18:14
The DOM Inspector has been removed and is now available as an add-on.

Glad you pointed that out. The portable Firefox I use doesn't have that, but if I remember correctly, it came bundled with the official setup program, and couldn't be removed or disabled.

Slim
09.03.09, 15:39
naja das gute an firefox ist das das es sicherer und schneller ist als ie hoffe mal daran ändert sich nichts