PDA

View Full Version : Gates Bans iPods and iPhones from His Home

anon
04.03.09, 20:30
You would think that being the offspring of a multi-billionaire, and a man who has spent more than a decade in the no. 1 position of the world's most affluent businessmen, would by synonymous with having everything you want. Well, you would be wrong. Bill Gates has banned iPods and iPhones from his home, a mansion on the shores of Lake Washington, and has forbidden his children to use such devices. And don't think for a moment that "banned" is an exaggeration, because it is not. Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft, currently pseudo-retired and focusing on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, is actually considering iPods and iPhones as tabu in his household, according to his wife.

"There are very few things that are on the banned list in our household," Melinda French Gates revealed to Syle (http://www.style.com/vogue/feature/2009/02/gates-of-heaven/). "But iPods and iPhones are two things we don't get for our kids." Bill and Melinda gates have three children together: Jennifer, Rory, and Phoebe. In all fairness, the children are indeed rather young, and undoubtedly not yet dying for some Apple accessories. The two daughters are six and twelve with the boy just nine years old. Still, despite the decision not to allow the children access to iPods or iPhones, the Gates are trying to ensure a normal life for their progeny.

Gates Bans iPods and iPhones from His Home - Forbids children to use them - Softpedia (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Gates-Bans-iPods-and-iPhones-from-His-Home-105854.shtml)

SomeGuy
04.03.09, 22:19
I don't know why by this story makes me feel negative.

anon
04.03.09, 22:20
Same here. Talk about monopoly...

slikrapid
04.03.09, 23:04
its interesting how it's all revolving around and confined to the rules of business/capitalism/economy, even their private lives

if they asked him about competition he would automatically agree that it's a good thing, well how about openly respecting a quality (overpriced too) product from the competition, lets face it, a good product is a good product, no matter who manufactured it, i imagine Bill Gates would earn more respect by admitting that than with this silly ban policy

looks like Bill has the upper hand in this family, could it be because he is the big money maker, her last sentence sums it up nicely when she longs for gadgets like the iphone

it would be interesting if the interviewer asked them whether their children (or his wife :wink:) are allowed to use any mp3 players or cellphones, this question looks quite obvious to me

oh yeah, and the comparison to Paris Hilton is unexpected coming from 'caring' people with a noble foundation, guess they didn't have their PR adviser present at the interview

kazuya
04.03.09, 23:17
Well he can ban many stuff from home but i think they still live fuc.... better then all of us.With six i even didn't know what a damn TV is:redface:,only thing that we care about was where to get something to eat.
And now is strange when somebody bans some stuff from house,but i think that we all don't allow some stuff at home,i mean when we all asked our fathers to buy us something i don't think they have listen to all our wishes:tongue:

Aurion
05.03.09, 00:46
lool this is silly,he just wats Microsoft's based technology devices to be used even in his own house :tongue: