PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

anon
04.03.09, 20:28
Release Date: March 17, 2009

It's been a long time in the making, but the Grand Theft Auto series is finally coming into its own on handheld consoles. Before Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories rocked the PlayStation Portable with solid PlayStation 2-level graphics and Wi-Fi multiplayer, there were three GTA games on the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance that kicked it old school from a top-down perspective and straight forward race-and-chase gameplay.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is best described as a perfect blend of the two eras, old and new GTA handheld games. The camera, for instance, remains positioned in the sky looking down on the action from an isometric view, just like the old days, except that the world is fully rendered using 3D polygons. The graphics are nowhere near as good as those featured in Vice City Stories or Liberty City Stories, but the hard-lined cardboard cutout look has a gritty pulpy charm all its own. More importantly, Chinatown Wars is set in GTAIV's teeming vision of Liberty City, and even on the tiny DS screen we spotted crowds of pedestrians, blinking turn signals, and flashing traffic lights.

f8DkCjSNB1c

boruc
13.03.09, 18:55
i seen some screeshots of this , looks like the old gta format :top:

takomania
16.03.09, 11:50
i grabbed a copy of this yesterday - it's brilliant so far, but also the easiest gta game to date...

stripperu
16.03.09, 16:48
when the game appears on market , or on a tracker , which date ?

anon
16.03.09, 18:40
You should read the first post :wink:

Release Date: March 17, 2009

Aurion
17.03.09, 13:00
The bad thing about it,that it's meant for DS only so far,so hopefully they release it for PC soon.

takomania
20.03.09, 13:28
no need for a pc release - they've added a lot of new stuff to the gta format in this game - i guess to test the water - chances are that a lot of the new additions (drugs dealing, being able to kill police to get rid of stars etc) will make it through to the next big gta game...

anon
20.03.09, 17:34
being able to kill police to get rid of stars

That will definitely introduce a twist to the usual GTA style :biggrin: