PDA

View Full Version : TL Account Phishing Scam Busted

shoulder
03.03.09, 23:16
If it’s on YouTube, it has to be correct, right? Wrong. This guy fails on so many levels. First of all, if you watch closely, he hacked the screenshot to show that he has a 0.643 ratio, when in fact it’s 2.643 (88.47 GB uploaded divided by 33.47 GB downloaded is not 0.643).
Read More (http://filesharefreak.com/2009/03/03/fsf-tracker-watch-march-2009-edition/)
(You have to scroll down a bit)

Not that I personally believe someone here, or elsewhere, is stupid enough to believe in this, but I think it's better to warn people before really something bad happens. :wink2:

splicer
03.03.09, 23:21
Read about this this morning when I checked FSF; I wonder how many people he phished. Probably not many, but I'm sure there was the one or two.

SBfreak
03.03.09, 23:22
Woah that was the greatest fail I have ever seen:klatsch_3:.The uploaded ammount that he had didn't change after he used that program.

shoulder
03.03.09, 23:28
But hey, he must be very skilled if he can increase the ratio without changing the up- and download values. :eek:

kazuya
04.03.09, 00:14
And if he could do that the staff on tracker will probably see that something is wrong with ratio:smile:Well for me i wouldn't try any mods aside from SB innovation,only site and tools that i trust:tongue:

realhero
04.03.09, 00:54
Yeath very risky

ypod
04.03.09, 11:58
mwhaha, this motherfucker think that all are noobs and he isnt:klatsch_3:

anon
04.03.09, 17:03
But hey, he must be very skilled if he can increase the ratio without changing the up- and download values. :eek:

Skilled? :biggrin: Most likely all his "program" did was to edit the HTML document to show a bigger ratio - or perhaps he did it himself, because we don't see the whole browser window, just the area where your ratio, download and upload, etc. are shown.

Furthermore, if you look carefully you'll see that it's a TPB torrent that he loads in the "seedbox", and not one from TL.

In short, this video is a complete failure. I hope nobody falls for it...

Brandon_X
04.03.09, 18:25
i saw this earlier on youtube, funny guy btw :biggrin: so lame...

nishant
13.06.09, 00:33
the people who would fall for this deserves to lose their account.

anon
13.06.09, 00:38
I kind of can agree with you - not giving your account details to anyone is a basic but vital security tip these days.

SealLion
13.06.09, 00:42

I don't agree with that b/c the people who fall for this are people that don't deserve to have this happen to them.

Why would they deserve to have thier accounts lost as a result of someone's else's behaviour??

The other people that (hopefully don't) fall for this don't deserve to have something happen to them.

what did they (or would) do to deserve this??

It's this guy here who did all this that deserves to be hung by the balls for trying to even attempt to swindle others.

Black Orchid
13.06.09, 00:47

Wise man once said "common sense is not so common." This proof.

First rule of any account (e-mail too) - no share login information. Ever. Information kept private. To give to others is inviting problems.

anon
13.06.09, 00:48
Why would they deserve to have thier accounts lost as a result of someone's else's behaviour??

It's not like the poster stole their accounts - people trying this "seedbox" are giving them to him. IMO it should be clear that it's a scam for the following reasons:

you don't need to type your login details to seed something
it's impossible to change your ratio without modifying the upload and download amounts at all
how can such a small app "upload" so much traffic in just a few seconds?

Also, I remember reading that same tip about not giving your password to anyone on TL. This should be enough warning...

Dynamic
13.06.09, 02:54
I am in the camp that if I give my account information away to people than it's my fault and I need to get smarter.

I however feel bad for the guy who got phished though because they might just be noobs about torrenting and don't know for sure until they try it...

I mean when I barely started I did not know this information even about torrents belonging to sites...I was lucky enough to find info on the web and educate myself but still...its a hard pill to swallow if this happened to me.

SealLion
13.06.09, 05:56
That's right. What about the noobs who don't know enough or not very much about this sort of thing.

IMO, they still don't deserve to have this happen to them.

IMO, people like that are more than up to no-good, they spread misery and sorrow where-ever they go.

Scammers and phishers like that guy are basically lagerlouts and clotpoles. Evem if theyr're doing it to noobs who, I guess, are gonna learn the hard way.

Black Orchid
13.06.09, 08:58
Even people new to internet in general should know not to share password and username with stranger. Is same concept as not giving out SSN or credit card info to anyone. It is not that we think people deserve to suffer consequences, is that they should know better in first place. Placing implicit trust in stranger not very bright, regardless.

anon
13.06.09, 18:14
I am in the camp that if I give my account information away to people than it's my fault and I need to get smarter.

Scammers and phishers like that guy are basically lagerlouts and clotpoles. Evem if theyr're doing it to noobs who, I guess, are gonna learn the hard way.

"If you cheat me once, it's your fault - if you do it twice, it's mine"