PDA

View Full Version : SoftMP3 to go nordic

shoulder
27.02.09, 03:10
2009-02-26 - (New) IMPORTANT: Softmp3 will turn completely nordic

To achieve the goal off turning Softmp3 into a more cozy community and a much safer place we will begin shortly to make som radical changes that will affect some of our users. We are having some problem with making a good multilanguage community and the owner of Softmp3 has received multiple threats from Record Labels wich are some of the reason to this matter.

* The removal of all languages except Swedish
* Deactivation of user-accounts with unsecure account activity and countries
* Only accepting new invited users from nordic countries
* Make this site feel alot more safe, secure and controlled
After SweDVDR now they're also allow only new members with nordic IPs, beside some other changes.

Let's see what an account allowed to have non nordic IPs becomes worth soon. :tongue:

SealLion
27.02.09, 05:55
Here's what I'm reading on the site's forum:

softDonor (SysOp) says:
I can guarantee that you wont be pruned.

that is what I believe he means when he says the current user's won't be having thier accounts pruned if they are non-nordic.

So you think that non-nordic user's will have accounts that may be valuable?

Is that what you mean, shoulder??

shoulder
27.02.09, 13:17
Yes, that's what I mean. :wink2:

Aurion
01.03.09, 13:58
Well,the existing user base won't be pruned as long as they behave good,on a side note,every suspicious or bad behaviour of any new,existing or upcoming member might lead to global ban for his range of IPs ----> that was reviewed in their forums,so watch out guys

nishant
06.03.09, 04:22
when is this in effect?

shoulder
06.03.09, 14:43
I'm not sure since I'm no member there but I think it is already.

nishant
06.03.09, 22:16
Not yet it isn't, I was just invited and became a member 10 minutes ago.

shoulder
06.03.09, 22:25
Ah, I see.
Isn't there a forum thread linked where such things are discussed?

Would be interesting for everyone trying to get an invite, and not having a nordic IP, to know if they still could get in.

Aurion
06.03.09, 22:41
That amendment isn't applied yet,it was just a heads up for existing & new members to let them know where they stand.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
06.03.09, 22:48
On The Other Hand i'm asking if it's any good cheating method to cheat overthere because it's pretty hard to me to get one good since the low numbers of leeched - seeded torrents.

shoulder
06.03.09, 23:08
That's pretty strange since I already saw some german users getting their accounts disabled.

Maybe they're in the "Pruning Phase" right now, and after that they only allow new signups from nordic IPs.

Snitlev
06.03.09, 23:19
I don't understand that, I think shoulter use Musik for his sport? Thats my Musik if I run once a week 10 km.

mfg

nishant
07.03.09, 05:45
it just went into effect

Aurion
07.03.09, 16:39
@Noob Saibot: Well I cheated there for quite several times on popular torrents without any problems,just use low speeds (something like 50~100KB/s) & you will be just fine.

Update: taken off the discussion topic where Soft himself says:

"We just performed the mass-purge.

So if you'r still here... you can be calm
Guess i'll put a news item about that soon also."

so check your accounts guys,some users have been banned & others (good stats,behavior) are still over there.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
07.03.09, 17:52
"We just performed the mass-purge.

So if you'r still here... you can be calm
Guess i'll put a news item about that soon also."

so check your accounts guys,some users have been banned & others (good stats,behavior) are still over there.

I Have been Banned .
Tanks anyway for the tips my friend .
I Have used low-speeds but i was in a hunt for promotion to get another 5 invites and post on the free giveaway topic but no luck this time..on 30GB i was out or it was because the ip don't know exactly.

SealLion
07.03.09, 18:02
This account has been disabled.

Sorry.
You are unfortunately among the users affected by recent Softmp3 changes and account deactivating. It is probably not probable to get the account back. We can be reached in our support channel:
IRC: #softmp3.support
Webchat: CGI:IRC Login (http://webchat.freequest.net/)

Ya. Me too. I guess I'm not Nordic enough.

For me, that's OK though as I did not visit the site sufficiently there in consideration of the other music accounts I own currently.

Aurion
08.03.09, 12:30
ooops,sorry for that SealLion :frown: I believe now that it's obvious enough that not only users with non nordic IPs but inactive too will get banned.

SealLion
08.03.09, 16:34
ya, that's ok, Aurion.

SoftMP3 was one of the first sites that I ever joined too. Actually, I think that it was the first music tracker that I joined alongside FilemP3 when it also had open sign-ups in the past.

Of course, FileMP3 doesn't have sign-ups any longer.

Still SoftMP3 is a fairly good site overall. I didn't really visit the site b/c it didn't really have any musical content that I look for on a regular basis.

Well, what-ever. I'm ok with having lost my account there.

Aurion
10.03.09, 00:37
Well,as long as you are satisfied with what you have as music sources,then I believe it's ok yeah :wink:

sb86
14.03.09, 12:53
my account has been disabled too .
that's not good if we need an nordic IP to login :(

Aurion
16.03.09, 13:34
were you active lately ? coz this factor affects the banning process they follow with old users too.