PDA

View Full Version : Who is a Cheater?

Dark Knight
25.02.09, 15:01
i Have A Question Thats Still unanswered to me:confused:

"[FONT="Book Antiqua"]How do the Trackers or Torrent Websites check or confirm that the user is cheating or faking ?

or

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]on What criteria/basis does a Website Staff decides Whether a user is cheating or not?"

What's the true procedure ?

your views are openly Welcome...:top::biggrin:

xixifrank
25.02.09, 16:16
maybe according to the data.

Some guys cheat greedy,upload speed is XXGB/S....:nene: They doom themselves..

shoulder
25.02.09, 16:27
There are many possibilities that can get you detected.

For example upload on a file without leechers, ... .

A-Day
25.02.09, 17:28
or manual announces with increased upload data per announce that doesn't take average swarm speed into account.

anon
25.02.09, 20:00
"[FONT="Book Antiqua"]How do the Trackers or Torrent Websites check or confirm that the user is cheating or faking ?

As shoulder said, there are different vectors to get detected, but here are the usual ones:

faking on torrents with a very high S/L ratio, or no leechers
using a mod/tool that doesn't send announces that are 1:1 to the original clients' [PMR, mR without the EmuDb fix]
using very high speeds (mB/s) - pretending to be a seedbox from your home connection is one of the worst things you can do
using a tool the tracker has scripts against (PMR, RM without the memory reader, uTorrent mods, etc.)
using suspicious settings, like "no report, show as 0% done" forever on the Azureus Hack, or jumping directly as a seeder on a tracker-exclusive release/pack

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]on What criteria/basis does a Website Staff decides Whether a user is cheating or not?"

It depends on the tracker. Some fully trust their scripts, which has led to banning innocent users (e.g. HD-Bits). Or they'll watch you very closely, specially if you're new (e.g. BitMeTV). Others will only ban very obvious cheating (like faking TBs of data on a small amount of time, e.g. TL), and trackers that sometimes won't ban you even if you know you're cheating, like XBox-Sky or H33t, exist. There are also those that will re-enable your account if you go to the tracker's IRC with a "convincing" argument - STB, for example.

Some aren't that nice, and if they detect your cheating, or decide you're a cheater, will ban you, grab your account details (username, e-mail address, IP) and use all their "connections" to get you banned at every tracker they have influences over, and that you could be a member of. (e.g. german TAC members)

And there are of course others that state to have scripts and staffers watching for cheaters and "suspicious upload activity", when the truth is that they don't - at all. (e.g. LL)

Tinkle
04.03.09, 05:12
It depends on the tracker. Some fully trust their scripts, which has led to banning innocent users (e.g. HD-Bits). Or they'll watch you very closely, specially if you're new (e.g. BitMeTV). Others will only ban very obvious cheating (like faking TBs of data on a small amount of time, e.g. TL), and trackers that sometimes won't ban you even if you know you're cheating, like XBox-Sky or H33t, exist. There are also those that will re-enable your account if you go to the tracker's IRC with a "convincing" argument - STB, for example.

Some aren't that nice, and if they detect your cheating, or decide you're a cheater, will ban you, grab your account details (username, e-mail address, IP) and use all their "connections" to get you banned at every tracker they have influences over, and that you could be a member of. (e.g. german TAC members)

And there are of course others that state to have scripts and staffers watching for cheaters and "suspicious upload activity", when the truth is that they don't - at all. (e.g. LL)

you surely have a hell lot of experience and i must say lot of things to learn from you guys

just a thing you said some trackers share ip information i would like to know does gazelle trackers share user info with each other and also does site like bitme elektronik TDC (namesake eg) have such provisions to do it :eek:

anon
04.03.09, 18:10
just a thing you said some trackers share ip information i would like to know does gazelle trackers share user info with each other

It's possible - since the Gazelle codebase is owned by What.cd, other trackers using it must have at least some kind of "connection" to What.

As far as I know, no one here has posted about being banned in other Gazelle trackers as well after one of them disabled their account, but that doesn't mean you should be less careful.

and also does site like bitme elektronik TDC (namesake eg) have such provisions to do it :eek:

I don't really know, to be honest. Not too many trackers exchange info (I'm not saying the ones you mentioned don't) - usually it's high-level ones that do.

Just to give some examples, PTN is connected to What.cd and Waffles. BCG has some connections as well - you'll have seen the FST thread where a What user played a bad joke on an uploader, only to find himself banned from What and BCG the following day.