PDA

View Full Version : Linux Leecher mod

.anakin.
25.02.09, 01:53
Is there anything like that?
I mean, i know Azureus can be run under linux, but i'm interested in a native linux client like rTorrent or Transmission. I couldn't find any up until now.
I wanted to create one, unfortunately i only understand a little of C++.

So Does any mods exist based on those clients? If not is there a reason? cause I'm thinking this would be the most simple thing since they're open source clients.

anon
25.02.09, 17:58
rtleech (http://code.google.com/p/rtleech/) is the only Linux BitTorrent leecher mod I know of (apart from the multi-platform Azureus Hack).

.anakin.
25.02.09, 22:57
thats one more than what i know of
unforunately quite old version of rtorrent
but maybe i'll be able to start off on this
thank you very much!

.anakin.
10.03.09, 02:36
So i've started to mess around with an update rtorrent Source.
My Goal is to create a mod that doeas the same as Shu mod's No Report show you as leech function.
I'm thinking that i change the tracker announce "download=" to static 0 and "left=" to downloaded+left. (which is total size so everything's left /hence i want to appear as 0 downloaded/)
I also change "state=completed" to stopped (thinking of the Don't send completed flag function)

MY question:
Will this be enough or is there something other i'm not thinking of and i'll be detected with this??
I'd appreciate any ideas, or the experience of leecher mod/tool coders around here.

Aurion
10.03.09, 11:35
I'm not aware of all the techniques used in coding such mods,but I'm sure that you have to apply your cheating engine correctly on which no tracker can detect you & that's the whole idea,but anyway,you can always ask our talented coders in here,they will surely offer help if they can.

.anakin.
10.03.09, 16:06
yeah well I'm not much of a coder either, that's why I'd like to have some guiding

anon
10.03.09, 16:07
My Goal is to create a mod that doeas the same as Shu mod's No Report show you as leech function.
I'm thinking that i change the tracker announce "download=" to static 0 and "left=" to downloaded+left. (which is total size so everything's left /hence i want to appear as 0 downloaded/)

The Hack's "No Report, show as leech" setting sends the announce like this:

upload=0
download=0
left=full size of the torrent

I think it's better if you code it like that, since using downloaded+left probably won't survive a client restart properly.

I also change "state=completed" to stopped (thinking of the Don't send completed flag function)

I think you mean event. It'd be OK to replace it with stopped, as long as the torrent itself is also stopped - you don't want to claim to have stopped it but make another announce 45 minutes after that, anti-stealth scripts would catch you.

You could also simply remove the event, but some trackers aren't compatible with this.

.anakin.
12.03.09, 01:32
The Hack's "No Report, show as leech" setting sends the announce like this:

upload=0
download=0
left=full size of the torrent

I think it's better if you code it like that, since using downloaded+left probably won't survive a client restart properly.

well, unfortunately the download_info table,array thingy, doesn't include the size data, and i cant figure out how to get it. For now i'm gonna use left+downloaded.
But it's gonna run on my router so rarely restarted.

I think you mean event. It'd be OK to replace it with stopped, as long as the torrent itself is also stopped - you don't want to claim to have stopped it but make another announce 45 minutes after that, anti-stealth scripts would catch you.

You could also simply remove the event, but some trackers aren't compatible with this.
yeah i meant event. sry. your right, i havent thought about the next announce.
Unfortunately my coding skills prevent me from making the torrent stop but i think i can overcome this problem.
My thinking:
every announce has the event tag, its "started" until the point download is complete and it changes to completed, right?
So i put started in the place of completed, this will report started so it'll be just another announce like the ones before. Only thing different is the tracker will never get a completed event ever. (which is my goal)
Am i right?

Otherthing:
upload=real upload
download=0
left=0
Would go for downloading not reported, but leaving it to upload?

anon
12.03.09, 16:08
well, unfortunately the download_info table,array thingy, doesn't include the size data, and i cant figure out how to get it. For now i'm gonna use left+downloaded.
But it's gonna run on my router so rarely restarted.

Perhaps you can get the torrent size in bytes from the .torrent? (can't check this at the moment since I'm not at home) Because using downloaded+real left would also make you send a size that's higher than the torrent's if you have some hashfails in the first 30-45 minutes.

My thinking:
every announce has the event tag, its "started" until the point download is complete and it changes to completed, right?

There are also periodical (30-45min) tracker updates without an event, for when you're in the process of downloading:

Started ---> (no event) ----> (no event) ---> Completed

&event=started is also always sent when starting a torrent, and &event=stopped when it is stopped.

So i put started in the place of completed, this will report started so it'll be just another announce like the ones before. Only thing different is the tracker will never get a completed event ever. (which is my goal)
Am i right?

Yes, that could work.

Otherthing:
upload=real upload
download=0
left=0
Would go for downloading not reported, but leaving it to upload?

Yes, that's how my Report-Seeder uTorrent mods work. :smile: Just make sure &event=completed is never sent.

.anakin.
09.04.09, 02:44
Okay, i had troubles compiling for my router (asus wl500gp) my own libtorrent package, but now its up and testing.

I went with the second method, coz my router is on 24/7 so why not upload too.

Yes, that's how my Report-Seeder uTorrent mods work. :smile: Just make sure &event=completed is never sent.

Since you should have quite a lot of experience, i'm interested if this solution works on bitmetv. I'm testing it on czone right now, but i'm very afraid of loosing my bitmetv account.(3 year old PU account) Although it would be the whole point of doing this. (I'm a tv junkie)

anon
09.04.09, 17:13
It shouldn't be able to detect it, since you jump directly as a seeder. The problem is, a lot of BitMeTV's torrents are tracker-exclusive releases you can't find at other trackers, so there's no way to explain how you got to have them.

Also, there's the problem of the tracker returning only other leechers' IP addresses if you send &left=0, which will reduce speeds. But the method itself should work perfectly for scene releases at trackers like TL, RevTT, etc.

And by the way, it's great that you're coding an rTorrent leecher mod. :top:

rom08
09.04.09, 23:51
Yes it is a great thing.A leecher linux mod is one of the only two things preventing me to switch to linux

ghostfucker
10.04.09, 00:12
A leecher linux mod is one of the only two things preventing me to switch to linux

Azureus? :rolleyes:

.anakin.
10.04.09, 16:58
It shouldn't be able to detect it, since you jump directly as a seeder. The problem is, a lot of BitMeTV's torrents are tracker-exclusive releases you can't find at other trackers, so there's no way to explain how you got to have them.

That's no problem for me since the ultimate goal (for me) is to to download the just-released 720p episodes though RSS. Those are scene releases.

Also, there's the problem of the tracker returning only other leechers' IP addresses if you send &left=0, which will reduce speeds. But the method itself should work perfectly for scene releases at trackers like TL, RevTT, etc.

Yeah, that's a disadvantage.

And by the way, it's great that you're coding an rTorrent leecher mod. :top:
Well, I'm merely modifying text, not much of a coding, but working on it. :)
I'm also messign around with Transmission. It seems easier to access information about the torrent file itself in it's code.

Yes it is a great thing.A leecher linux mod is one of the only two things preventing me to switch to linux
As ghostfucker pointed out, for a desktop linux user Shumod (or now plz prefer Vuze extreme mod ;) )is the was to go. These command line applications are for headless computers or linux based network devices where there's no X window system, or even java virtual machine.

anon
10.04.09, 17:59
That's no problem for me since the ultimate goal (for me) is to to download the just-released 720p episodes though RSS. Those are scene releases.

You should be fine then - BitMeTV's pretimes aren't the best :biggrin:

rom08
10.04.09, 19:28
yes but the second point is an emule leecher mod for linux and it can be long to wait for something like this

anon
10.04.09, 19:37
I remember having heard about an "aMule leecher edition", but can't find it anywhere...

.anakin.
10.04.09, 20:06
Noreport leecher Transmission also looks good :)
With Transmission i could get total size from torrent to report to the tracker.
(As you suggested anon)

Now i'll have to think of some name for my mods and some place to upload them.

anon
10.04.09, 20:09
Noreport leecher Transmission also looks good :)
With Transmission i could get total size from torrent to report to the tracker.
(As you suggested anon)

Great to hear :top:

Now i'll have to think of some name for my mods and some place to upload them.

You could upload them here at SB-I - we'd be delighted to have two brand-new rTorrent and Transmission mods, something a lot of people want. :smile: That could be in the "other mods" section, or maybe create subforums for rT and Transmission...

Regarding the name, I'm not very creative :biggrin:

Tinkle
10.04.09, 20:15
I remember having heard about an "aMule leecher edition", but can't find it anywhere...
hey anon if i am not wrong isnt emule leecher edition at specialmods(eu) since there are tons of emule mods at specialmods so i think it can be there too
though i havent checked there

anon
10.04.09, 20:16
Edit: there are only two aMule leecher mods there, and no ratio is all they have...

hede
03.11.11, 03:44
Hi i know this is old thread but can you upload amule leecher edition please if you still have it?

anon
03.11.11, 13:27
I don't if you're talking to me. Just try to run any of the Windows mods with Wine. eMule has been proven to run fine that way, due to being generally well-coded.