PDA

View Full Version : Is Fedor’s legend enough to save Affliction?

zatoicchi
26.01.09, 01:56
ANAHEIM, Calif. – The legend of Fedor Emelianenko added another chapter Saturday night at the Honda Center.

And for the third time in his career, he appeared in trouble. And for the third time, just seconds later, he was the winner.

Emelianenko stopped former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski in 3:14 of Round 1 to retain his World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts heavyweight title in the main event of Affliction: Day of Reckoning.

Arlovski had just connected with a push kick to the chest that backed Emelianenko into the corner. Arlovski went in for one of his bread-and-butter moves, the flying knee, and while Arlovski was in mid-air, Emelianenko threw an overhand right. Arlovski went down like he was shot.

Is Fedor's legend enough to save Affliction? (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Anur.wenCDTitK98EABFh5w9Eo14?slug=dm-affliction012409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

kazuya
26.01.09, 11:55
Fedor is really the badest man on planet :cool: I like watching when he fights.

Tekrader
28.01.09, 10:39
Hi.
I screamed "NO!" when Andrei threw that flying knee. Fedor is probably the best MMA HW on the planet. You have to respect that fighting him. What a careless and idiotic move by Arlovski.

Regards

rom08
28.01.09, 12:16
I think no.An organisation can't stand only in one fighter even if he is the best ever.
I think HW division in Affliction is good but the other ones are really empty.And please change Tito I don't like him as commentator.