PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Origins: Wolverine

kazuya
24.01.09, 13:30
Release MAY 1st 2009

YouTube - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Official Trailer [HD]

yoco
24.01.09, 17:06
Trailer looks kind of good! Definetly gonna go watch this!
Big Wolverine fan, plus Gambit's gonna be in it as well! :top:

zatoicchi
24.01.09, 19:50
its really amazing that there are many marvels comics that are coming out as movies..
i guess no one has good imagination in hollywood nowadays..
but still im a fan of wolverine..cant :biggrin: wait to see it...

kazuya
24.01.09, 22:50
Yea i like wolverine to,my favorite in x-men,and i think this will be best x-men for now

yoco
09.03.09, 13:11
New trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je2MFXDr7xw

SBfreak
09.03.09, 23:43
First impresion: GREAT MOVIE.It shows the beggining of my favourite character..wolverine and some other like the freaky guy with big teeth and Gambit.Can't wait:eek3:

yoco
01.04.09, 18:04
A copy of a movie was leaked today. Anyone watched it yet?

splicer
01.04.09, 19:03
Yeh I got a copy; very decent quality, apparently some psecial effects are missing, but I haven't watched it, I got to study!
For those who don't know, it's a WorkPrint, so as I said some special effects are missing, but picture is virtually DVD. It was leaked onto P2P networks, and then re-encoded multiple times by both Scene and P2P Scene groups.

kazuya
01.04.09, 19:15
A copy of a movie was leaked today. Anyone watched it yet?

I know but i rather wait for dvdrip.Its workprint only.on some spots you can see even ropes that hold characters in air:biggrin:

Snitlev
01.04.09, 19:23
Yeah, waiting for the geman Start ^^

best regards

splicer
01.04.09, 19:39
I know but i rather wait for dvdrip.Its workprint only.on some spots you can see even ropes that hold characters in air:biggrin:
Not only will you have to wait one month for the movie to come out in cinemas, you will probably have to wait atleast 2 and a 1/2 months more for DVDRiP. Obviously the final choice is up to you, but don't pass this off as some CAM or TS.

kazuya
01.04.09, 19:53
I never download CAm or TS.I can't enjoy in that.I rather wait for quality movies

yoco
01.04.09, 22:37
Well I'm waiting to finally come in theaters :biggrin:
I think this movie is worth my money :tongue:

kazuya
01.04.09, 22:45
Well I'm waiting to finally come in theaters

when i think about it i was maybe 1-2 times in theater watching movie:frown: maybe i should go watch something

yoco
02.04.09, 11:53
when i think about it i was maybe 1-2 times in theater watching movie:frown: maybe i should go watch something
You mean so far? I go every year with my friends a few times. :biggrin:

kazuya
02.04.09, 11:56
You mean so far?

yes.btw how much costs one ticket by you?in a good theater i mean,by us in best theater about 7 EUR

yoco
02.04.09, 12:01
The one I'm going the ticket is just a little over 5€.

splicer
02.04.09, 13:07
My local cinema charges £4, but they get movies like 4 months late. Anyone remember the Borat movie? Well, when it came out in cinema in my town, you could actually have bought it on DVD. Hence, wait for the cinema release, is just not worth it for me.

yoco
02.04.09, 13:42
That sometimes happens here too. Like my sister wanted to go see Friday the 13th new movie, it was out in february, but there still nothing here. I even asked about it and they responded that nobody has any interest in the movie! :mad2:

john.terry666
02.04.09, 18:24
The trailer looks awesome and i have to wait to see the movie in HD quality because it is more fun to watch highdefinition rather than cam. I think is the best movie from the X-Men.:)

hammer
06.04.09, 16:29
it's good thing comic character where brought to live action. .
so we could feel more the writers superb imagination. . . great job guys. . .

Se7Ven
06.04.09, 19:07
oh yes ..i must see it ..i am a big fan of this Marvellcomic chrakters

all of themSILVERSURFER HULK SPIDERMAN SUPERMAN BATMANN FANTASTIK 4

i like all X MEN heroes and fighters :klatsch_3:

yoco
01.05.09, 09:34
Watched the movie last night in theater. Blow me away, I really liked it! :top:

alpacino
01.05.09, 11:33
Nice to know yoco, I will watch tonight, premiere here. Wolverine is one of my favorite characters, so I have high hopes for this one. I had downloaded the workprint version before, but it sucked to much imo for no having the special effects and stuff, I think it kills this kind of movie. Anyway, in my are I pay something like 5 U$ for the ticket and students pay 50% off. So I think it is worth it.

yoco
01.05.09, 16:53
The only thing I didn't like in this movie was, that characters like Gambit and Deadpool didn't have bigger screen time.

DarkSaint
06.05.09, 02:30
Not a bad movie, love e last fighting scene .. top of e tower.

slikrapid
06.05.09, 17:23
i will have to disagree with many here on the movie:

- i saw the workprint and putting aside its inherent flaws as a workprint (some: visible ropes, computer models, untextured backgrounds, visible camera timers,...) it just didn't feel right - compared to the first two (which were great) this one feels like a cartoon - not enough character development and the action is many times just overblown or doesn't make sense so ultimately i was quite disappointed

warning - spoilers ON:

- the wars shown in the beginning passed way too quickly so they didn't feel real enough
- nice scenes where Wolverine's brother jumps like an animal
- the attack on the african high-tech building (must be somewhere in the future) was kinda dumb, not really entertaining, just for showing off their skills; also: they all use the same elevator to get to the top!!!
- adamantium from a meteor should in reality be available just in traces, yet they seem to have an abundance of it
- killing off those civilians - just a lame excuse for Wolverine's departure - didn't think about setting a perimeter as any military unit would (also: with so much adamantium around you just can't miss it :mad:)
- Striker collecting skills from all mutants he could find, yet he leaves some of more powerful ones walking around freely
- tragedy with Wolverine's girlfriend becomes a happy end becomes a tragedy again, that was cruel and annoying :baeh:
- to 'kill' the girlfriend you have to first pull her out of the car, drag her a bit further in the woods and then do the deed, even if she is helplessly sitting in the car and no one is around :rolling_eyes:
- to kill Wolverine you have to first sniper shoot the two ordinary people he is talking to and pose no threat whatsoever (they are like 70 years old) but not him who is the primary target, also: only after effectively warning him with those shots they use a helicopter with ordinary missiles instead of heavy bombing in the first place (it was a small farm in the middle of nowhere) :stupid:
- only after the super-marksman Agent Zero is killed Striker's conclusion is: riiight, i have to use adamantium bullets only on Wolverine :rolling_eyes:
- Wolverine walking in the sunset with his dead girlfriend in his ams, or walking away from the exploding helicopter = such cliches, i don't believe it
- Wolverine seconds away from killing his brother but Gambit starts involving for no apparent reason; also Gambit appears in the end fight at the very end of it, so what was he doing during the fight, sat back and enjoyed the show?!
- Striker being questioned about some general he killed - there were no cameras and no one else in the room! - they must have brought CSI to figure out the killer
- nuclear reactors are a way to hide an island from everybody :rolling_eyes:
- a reactor is surely going to explode after all that fighting in the end scene, but no mushrooms or radiation, must have been some other nuclear non-radiating material used :rolleyes:
- professor X appearing from out of nowhere: come children, you will be safe with me, and they follow him no questions asked (like: what about my candy, mister :shockkk!:)

spoilers OFF

- the list just goes on and on, and i wasn't even trying :icon_angry[1]:
- today's movie script writer's abilities are really speeding down the toilet

regardless of all these downsides any fan of X-men should watch it - i would even if i knew all this before, but don't keep your expectations too high

yoco
06.05.09, 17:31
lol, man, you really didn't like the movie :tongue: :biggrin:

slikrapid
06.05.09, 17:54
i actually enjoyed it to some extent (maybe because i like x-men in general) while watching, but there were so many moments when i just couldn't believe the decisions they made or how some of them just didn't make any sense

i think the studios should be more careful about whom they hire to make the movies (at least the big ones)

anon
06.05.09, 21:10
warning - spoilers ON:

I have put your list between SPOILER tags :wink:

slikrapid
06.05.09, 21:19
thx anon, now i know there is a spoiler tag available when posting messages :redface:

yoco
07.05.09, 09:54
i think the studios should be more careful about whom they hire to make the movies (at least the big ones)
Actually I think the studio is one to blame. I read all kind of things, how they changed the sets just because they didn't like it, it was too dark etc. and that kind of things.
:rolling_eyes::eek13: