PDA

View Full Version : Fake speedtest.net?

Pages : [1] 2

haxx
22.01.09, 18:43
The first posts in this thread are old. As of November 2012, there are ways to fake a speed test. Look in the last pages.

Hi

I was just wonder if there is a program to make fake speedtest.net's with?

So i can do a crazy upload on a speedtest? :)

shoulder
22.01.09, 18:45
No there's not.

You can photoshop the picture but most guys want direct links.

haxx
22.01.09, 18:47
Yes i can do that, but as you say people want direct links!

It can not be impossible to create a program to cheat speedtest.net 's servers?

anon
22.01.09, 18:48
There isn't such program, and it wouldn't be possible to make one. Hacking Speedtest.net's servers to achieve that would be illegal anyway. What you can do is asking someone with a fast upload from your same country, and ideally using the same ISP, to do a speed test and give you the link.

shoulder
22.01.09, 18:51
How should such a tool work?

Your speed is metered, it's not you sending your speeds like for example sending announces when using torrent.

SealLion
23.01.09, 01:45
Why the frak would you even want to fake your speedtest??

MOst people who offer torrent invites or accounts just want to see what your speeds are.

Personally, I am of the opinion that they are just asking for it b/c 50 million other pple are asking for the same info on torrent invite sites.

They don't have any real reason other than just to see it and see what your upload speed is. As long as your seeding and let them know about the fact that you will, there shouldn't really be a problem.

How many pple in the world do you think have crappy upload speeds??
Probably about half the world's population.

What could one possibly do about that??
NOt much, and I am certain that your potential inviter know this too.

supermarrioh
23.01.09, 13:44
With a 100 mbit server, awesome coding skills and ip-spoofing it should be possible...

anon
23.01.09, 15:54
Why the frak would you even want to fake your speedtest??

He could have overfaked, and therefore the tracker's staff asking him for a speedtest showing he really has the (fake) upload speed he used, for example.

Butcho
23.01.09, 19:53
I've opened a threat in the past where you can ask other users for speedtests...
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=212
I think if you post your request their (or open a threat in the english section) other users with the same provider will help you...

Aurion
24.01.09, 18:38
I'm just wondering why you would do that ? personally,I think it will be way funnier than ever,I need myself,some fast speedtests sometimes,but you know what .... it's just safer as the guys mentioned to use some one's test instead!

MrCheat
08.01.10, 20:32
well there is a way to spoof it actually but not to any random number you want, you can basically clone another person's speedtest and have your ISP on it. I won't be going into detail on how its done though, but its possible.

Edit:Sorry to bump such an old thread. Didn't realize how old it was.

anon
08.01.10, 20:32
Nice bump. At least tell us how to do it if you're replying to a 1 year old thread. :tongue:

arnold
08.01.10, 20:37
Its hard to fake a speedtest but its not hard to rent a speedtest and some screenshot of ur mates at SBi Seedboxes's :biggrin:

MrCheat
08.01.10, 20:40
god damn you reply fast! 1 second before my edit lol. I will try and put a guide on how to do it with screenshots and stuff later on but then im afraid tracker admins will start to come up with ways to detect fake ones, since it is kinda detectable unless done right.

arnold
08.01.10, 20:57
MrCheat, I have found a method to fake a speedtest from my ISP BUT!, the problem lies with that most people here have slow speeds on speedtests thus!! no use for this method "For me". Is that the same case with your method?

anon
08.01.10, 21:05
it is kinda detectable unless done right.

If it involves Photoshop or showing a proof that's not hosted at Speedtest.net, it won't work.

MrCheat
08.01.10, 21:07
Well if it is cloning another person's speedtest, then yes it is same method. I'm not really sure what your method is though lol.

If it involves Photoshop or showing a proof that's not hosted at Speedtest.net, it won't work.

no its not a photoshop it would be a direct link.

anon
08.01.10, 21:08
I have no method other than using Google for hunting for good speedtests, and hoping the tracker's staff will fall for them :biggrin: Getting one from your country and ISP with this method is very difficult.

no its not a photoshop it would be a direct link.

Nice!

cheatos
08.01.10, 21:10
i used to fake speed tests in Torrent-Invites using a simple vb program that increases the number in speedtest.net's url,
i picked a popular ISP and always do that when ever i apply to giveaways :biggrin:

MrCheat
08.01.10, 21:15
i used to fake speed tests in Torrent-Invites using a simple vb program that increases the number in speedtest.net's url,
i picked a popular ISP and always do that when ever i apply to giveaways :biggrin:

This I do not know how to do lol. I dont know how you managed to fake it either lol.

Edit: Misread. So you didnt fake it, but found random speedtests?

cheatos
08.01.10, 21:33
Edit: Misread. So you didnt fake it, but found random speedtests?

yes by random thats why i selected a popular ISP from a popular country to increase the chance of getting the speedtest it want.

Blocker
08.01.10, 22:37
yes by random thats why i selected a popular ISP from a popular country to increase the chance of getting the speedtest it want.

cheatos please make a a tut!

anon
08.01.10, 22:38
He'd have to release his program first :tongue:

arnold
08.01.10, 23:48
Tell me if this works for you in getting a test from your isp
Try that link guys (http://speedtest.net/results.php?ria=0)

Choose In: View Results For : All (Your ISP Name) Tests

Instab
09.01.10, 00:19
i don't have 'all results'. only my ip

vvtwx
09.01.10, 01:46

only my isp appears.

arnold
09.01.10, 07:00
only my isp appears.

Nevermind, I think this trick fails!

cheatos
09.01.10, 09:23
cheatos please make a a tut!

you need to try different numbers, until you get to "Today's Date"
When you get a blank speedtest, lower the numbers until you get results again
keep doing that until you get to "Today's Date" then use the small attached program to make browsing speedtest easier :cool:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=5531

banneduser
09.01.10, 10:47

got that
ur links correct

vvtwx
09.01.10, 15:50
keep doing that until you get to "Today's Date" then use the small attached program to make browsing speedtest easier :cool:

image (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/cheatos-albums-misc-picture3195-untitled.png)

im stuck @ step 3 and how to provide a direct link from speedtest.net lolololol

cheatos
09.01.10, 15:54
http://www.speedtest.net/result/<TheNumberHere>.png

Instab
09.01.10, 17:18

VERY nice :top:
always changed the url manually. had a plan for a script to grab me a few pics but never found the time to do it :tongü:

FreeFiles
10.01.10, 08:53
Very nice work again cheatos, this will help with getting speedtest proofs. I used the thing for about 2 min and found a great speedtest was taken about at the same time that i was reading this thread here, nice. :)

vvtwx
10.01.10, 13:13
what bothers me now is people asking for 2 speedtest..lol

Instab
11.01.10, 19:24
what bothers me now is people asking for 2 speedtest..lol

yeah, like one to new york and one to paris. that's gonna be hard then but imho speedtests are useless anyway.
let's say i invite a guy with a fat line. dös that mean he'll seed a lot and be a good member? no! maybe he'll avoid the site after a few days for some reason ...

anon
11.01.10, 19:25
let's say i invite a guy with a fat line. does that mean he'll seed a lot and be a good member? no!

Unless you invite him from an invite forum, in that case he won't want to be disabled for you to tell the forum's staff. :tongue:

Instab
11.01.10, 19:29
Unless you invite him from an invite forum, in that case he won't want to be disabled for you to tell the forum's staff. :tongü:

i've seen a lot and that's included :tongü:

nperversion
12.01.10, 00:45
Thanks cheatos, pretty useful app. Although I prefer going legit on the speedtest in case you are asked for some proof.

vvtwx
12.01.10, 04:42
Thanks cheatos, pretty useful app. Although I prefer going legit on the speedtest in case you are asked for some proof.

its totally legit speedtests, but it just isn't yours...

FreeFiles
12.01.10, 08:44
Unless you invite him from an invite forum, in that case he won't want to be disabled for you to tell the forum's staff. :tongue:

This is true, i am part of such an invite forum and have seen people get banned from a tracker that they got a invite from member of the forum. The member then complains to staff, and the user that got banned from the tracker then gets banned from the invite forum. He then comes to irc to plead his case and complains as to why he is now banned on 5 to 7 other trackers, can we say staff had something to do with that.? :eek:

And since we are on the subject of speed tests, i have a "Here's Your Sign" moment from said forum that i spoke of earlier, here goes.

A while back i came across a giveaway on the forum that included some high level trackers, 1 of which i did not have. So i said, hey, i will apply for this tracker, i have heard good things about it. So i proceeded to read the rules of the giveaway. 1 rule and 1 rule only, provide 2 ratio proofs from your highest level trackers and wait for an answer. I receive said answer, "I will need a speed test from you before i give you this invite". So now, i'm like what :eek13:, but i supply the speed test. I then get a reply that i have been denied the invite because my upload speeds are to low, :shockkk!: wtf. I say to myself, how could this be? :eek:, my upload speeds are too slow?, I'M APPLYING FOR A F***ING RATIO FREE TRACKER YOU F***ING IDIOT.:stupid: "Here's Your Sign" Sorry to spam, but the speed test topic just reminded me of that story and i had to get it off of my chest.:smile:

BTW, certain things were changed to protect me from said idiot in-case he comes across this post and decides to report me, oh wait, if he does, he will be banned too for being on this forum, ha-ha, screw you a**hole. :tongue:

anon
12.01.10, 17:39
This is true, i am part of such an invite forum and have seen people get banned from a tracker that they got a invite from member of the forum. The member then complains to staff, and the user that got banned from the tracker then gets banned from the invite forum. He then comes to irc to plead his case and complains as to why he is now banned on 5 to 7 other trackers, can we say staff had something to do with that.? :eek:

The funniest part is that they ask you not to use the same nickname on trackers at the same time they share their IPs. :rolling_eyes:

A while back i came across a giveaway on the forum that included some high level trackers, 1 of which i did not have. ... my upload speeds are too slow?, I'M APPLYING FOR A F***ING RATIO FREE TRACKER YOU F***ING IDIOT.:stupid:

Did I hear FTN? :biggrin:

BTW, certain things were changed to protect me from said idiot in-case he comes across this post and decides to report me, oh wait, if he does, he will be banned too for being on this forum, ha-ha, screw you a**hole. :tongue:

Heh, yes, the sole fact of visiting SB-I while not shielded against the CSS Leak seems to be enough to get you banned these days. Things aren't what they used to be...

ciccio
02.05.10, 15:43
Anon i've seen there's a thread about SpeedTest here

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=212

It's possible make the same one here in the english forum or there's another already?

hellman
02.05.10, 16:21
can'y u borrow a speedtest from a internet friend mates??
once i was caight too and admin said that he wants to see my speedtest coz i uploaded 100 gb in 4 hours and i ignored the mesg and did'nt replied and after few days he again send the msg cometo help desk for scrrenshot... i ignored again and he never asked again and i was never banned and after a month i recieved 3 invites..
happy ending

anon
02.05.10, 17:42
It's possible make the same one here in the english forum or there's another already?

Feel free to ask there - and you two keep this in mind: you'll need the speedtest to be from your same country and ISP if you want to fool the staff, and you're very unlikely to find one that complies with those requirements, specially if your country doesn't offer 7MB/s speeds.

ciccio
02.05.10, 18:23
I have to find a person with 10 Mb/s for to have a chance to get into Linkomanija......

Nokki
10.05.10, 21:11
Its faking the UPLOAD that's most important! :D

Any chance of doing that by delaying or jumping ping, packet bursting or something?
Coz I'm supposed to be getting around 15-20Mbps but when I do a speed test it goes really slowly until it reaches the half way then it jumps to the end and shows 110Mbps!!! lol
I don't know why this happens, if I knew I would try to replicate it for when it measures the upload speed....

P.S Thanks for the useful tool Cheatos!

anon
10.05.10, 21:23
Any chance of doing that by delaying or jumping ping or something?
Coz I'm supposed to be getting around 15-20Mbps but when I do a speed test it goes really slowly until it reaches the half way then it jumps to the end and shows 110Mbps!!! lol

Choose another server that's still geographically close to you. Otherwise, no cake. maniak posted something with Cheat Engine I haven't tried, though.

Nokki
10.05.10, 21:46
I searched the thread and there's no one named "maniak" lol

anon
10.05.10, 21:47
Why don't you search the member list? :huh:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/maniak/

C3PO
11.05.10, 01:16
How to spoof your speedtest.net results | Tuts4Tech (http://tuts4tech.net/2010/04/30/how-to-spoof-your-speedtest-net-results/)

Here's something that I found. Sounds really complicated but perhaps some1 will find some time to check it out and tell us if it really works.

Instab
11.05.10, 01:25
How to spoof your speedtest.net results | Tuts4Tech (http://tuts4tech.net/2010/04/30/how-to-spoof-your-speedtest-net-results/)

Here's something that I found. Sounds really complicated but perhaps some1 will find some time to check it out and tell us if it really works.

okay, that's neat. basically you're acting as one of their test hosts.
however, if somebody wants you to use a specific location it's useless

C3PO
11.05.10, 01:27
So it's pretty useless then huh? Everybody asks for a specific location :)

Instab
11.05.10, 01:28
no, wait, it says something about faking the ip as well ... haven't read through all of it yet :P

Nokki
11.05.10, 03:56
I wonder if it will show the actual ISP you're using (for when you're debating a BAN with a tracker admin) and if you could slow down the speed a lil coz the speed on there is way to unrealistic! lol

anon
11.05.10, 13:57
I wonder if it will show the actual ISP you're using (for when you're debating a BAN with a tracker admin)

It probably does, as far as I can see the method consists on downloading from yourself, and you're still part of the same ISP.

and if you could slow down the speed a lil coz the speed on there is way to unrealistic!

NetLimiter?

C3PO
11.05.10, 18:36
So has anyone tried the method SUCCESSFULY?

anon
11.05.10, 18:55
You can be the first one!

C3PO
11.05.10, 19:08
Well I would but I don't have debian...

Instab
11.05.10, 19:13
Well I would but I don't have debian...

this can be done under any os

mangathala2002
12.05.10, 05:33
Hi

I was just wonder if there is a program to make fake speedtest.net's with?

So i can do a crazy upload on a speedtest? :)

Well there is a way,but its illegal. You would have to make changes to your modem/router config file. But if you get caught,your ISP will take you to jail :tongue:

shoulder
12.05.10, 08:38
I think he meant to cheat speedtest.net, not his provider. :P

Nokki
12.05.10, 16:43
I would love to cheat my ISP and get more data/month!!! :D But thats for a different day a different thread! lol

anon
12.05.10, 18:00
But thats for a different day a different thread! lol

On a different forum, because modem uncapping is theft of service and thus illegal.

win32
14.05.10, 16:44

image (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/cheatos-albums-misc-picture3195-untitled.png)

I downloadad that "stest.rar" but how to fill blan speedest and make link to speedtest site!?

anon
14.05.10, 17:39
how to fill blan speedest

Enter a random number (you can start with 814445000) and increase or decrease it until the program gets speedtests from today.

C3PO
14.05.10, 17:47
And then just copy the number from the program and paste it in combination with the link for the blank speedtest and there it is :)

cheatos
15.05.10, 18:53
if someone wants to research further
pics from me ~3 months ago, but now i found it and decided to share it,

http://i43.tinypic.com/25gs96c.png

Nokki
20.05.10, 14:17

The only problem with this is that I don't think the actual test result will be hosted on speedtest.net! Or will it?

Owyn
20.05.10, 14:43
i don't need faking, it's giving me fake results anyway :D

i have only 35mbps symmetric

http://www.speedtest.net/result/361925842.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

anon
20.05.10, 16:00
The only problem with this is that I don't think the actual test result will be hosted on speedtest.net! Or will it?

I think yes.

shoulder
20.05.10, 19:31
i don't need faking, it's giving me fake results anyway :D
Without any action on your side? :P

Owyn
20.05.10, 19:34
Without any action on your side? :P

yes :tongue:

shoulder
20.05.10, 19:48
Then you can consider yourself lucky. :biggrin:

Vuze-Sbi
12.06.10, 20:54
http://www.speedtest.net/result/844823319.png

is this speed possible?

anon
12.06.10, 20:55
is this speed possible?

Yes if the test server is geographically close to you and you have a 100Mbit plan or something.

If you thought it was impossible, I have seen 400+Mbit OVH speedtests :biggrin:

Vuze-Sbi
12.06.10, 20:59
Lol i thought 100Mbit is the highest speed :D

anon
12.06.10, 21:01
1Gbit (1000Mbit) seedboxes exist. Most of them are shared plans, since a gigabit line has its cost.

vvtwx
13.06.10, 04:18
I think even home connections of 1Gbit speeds exists too - fibre optics.
Korea, Hong Kong are using it, I think.

C3PO
13.06.10, 09:55
Russia, Ukraine etc, too

anon
13.06.10, 17:40
I think even home connections of 1Gbit speeds exists too - fibre optics.
Korea, Hong Kong are using it, I think.

Ever heard of that Swedish grandma with a 20Gbit line? :eek13:

And they say it was merely to test a new communications infrastructure or something...

saebrtooth
14.06.10, 07:52
Ever heard of that Swedish grandma with a 20Gbit line? :eek13:

And they say it was merely to test a new communications infrastructure or something...

Not until now :biggrin:
They gave it to her cos they thought she would not max it out and run it 24/7. they should have given it to a real p2per to test driver it haha

anon
14.06.10, 13:16
I was wrong, it was 40Gbit :shockkk!:

memcached discards stuff in a LRU basis so it took me some effort to find the thread here:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=5442

saebrtooth
14.06.10, 14:11
anon when u talk about mem cache I thought u "simply" meant search feature but u do have a good memory lol

anon
14.06.10, 15:38
Yeah, that's the point. A combination of search and good memory. :shifty:

ironace
19.09.10, 00:11
Just to make it a bit easier to find results from today. Do a speedtest find your link number and count down from there it works like a charm although many of them are slow speeds.

anon
19.09.10, 00:12
find your link number and count down from there

That's what cheatos' program helps you do. :unsure:

ironace
19.09.10, 00:13
No I mean to find the numbers from today. As a starting point.

anon
19.09.10, 00:14
Yes, of course you're going to need to take a speedtest for that.

Or you can check all the fresh ones posted on FST daily and take it from there. :wsmile:

Instab
19.09.10, 00:36
Or you can check all the fresh ones posted on FST daily and take it from there. :wsmile:

lol, a bit obvious, no?

anon
19.09.10, 00:37
"take it from there" = beginning to decrease/increase the speedtest ID based on the one you steal from FST. :shifty:

Großmutter
19.09.10, 00:55
yes, the test does crazy sometimes

xyzsmurf
21.10.10, 18:24
http://www.speedtest.net/result/998658971.png

My new ISP. :tongue:

Freak69
22.10.10, 00:39

OMG - what a speed... I have of the Day from DSL 6000 down of 2000... DSLAM is down for more speed -.-'

Vation
22.10.10, 01:03

You are from France so it is just a fake

xyzsmurf
22.10.10, 03:34
You are from France so it is just a fake

Of course it's a fake, the thread is about fake speedtests! Mon Dieu...

hessler
22.10.10, 05:27
yes but how come my speed become this huge uploading speed is fine but downloading speed is changed from genuine
http://www.speedtest.net/result/999818829.png
its not fake its real

soso
22.10.10, 15:21
i find some kind of method make download speed faster than usual i still working on find way to fake up speed

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1000270398.png

C3PO
22.10.10, 15:31
this can be done under any os

And how's that gonna happen?

Gapo
22.10.10, 15:31
How'd you do it?

uzair
22.10.10, 17:54
do a speedtest, than keep on chging your last digits of ur link till u get good speed link

anon
22.10.10, 17:55
do a speedtest, than keep on chging your last digits of ur link till u get good speed link

Or just use the program available in this very thread that does it for you. :pinch:

soso
22.10.10, 19:24
Or just use the program available in this very thread that does it for you. :pinch:

they might ask you to give a print screen to match the time if you change the last numbers they will find out because the the speed test didn't match the time with your pc or they will find out about you from your isp
so this method is more safer for you !
anyway when i find any way to play with upload speed i will post it here

Gapo
22.10.10, 19:27
You still haven't told us how to fake our download speed.

anon
22.10.10, 19:32
they might ask you to give a print screen to match the time if you change the last numbers they will find out because the the speed test didn't match the time with your pc or they will find out about you from your isp

Nobody said it's a perfect method, but between both evils it sure is better to do it with cheatos' program. :gtongue:

anyway when i find any way to play with upload speed i will post it here

A "teaser" of what the fuss is about would be nice... you have yet to give us some details.

soso
22.10.10, 19:33
You still haven't told us how to fake our download speed.

i was gonna post it when i find out how can i play with the up speed :)

anyway it's all about playing with ping
run cmd start the test while speedtest.com testing your download speed go back to cmd and paste ping localhost repeat the same command 2-3 times at the last command close cmd now
the speed should change to something about 40 -20 mg/s

i still try to play with up speed but i didn't come with anything yet :(

13.12.10, 16:56
i have read the whole thing but still i cant find the way to fake speedtest result via cheatengine ,
-i do know photoshop method but it only work on noobs as everyone sees the link is from some random image upload site
- im using cheatos #28 method for couple of weeks now and works but it fails when you got to send 2 speed tests atonce to verify your result..

so i want to know if you can fake via cheatengine or any other app like its done here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHB8We7W1zw&feature=player_embedded

C3PO
13.12.10, 16:59
I think with CE u can only fake download.

13.12.10, 19:04
atleast download would be a start... but i cant even manage that..
but if download speeds can be tweaked than i think upload speeds can be too

ghostfucker
13.12.10, 19:28
but if download speeds can be tweaked than i think upload speeds can be too
nope, not with ce...

C3PO
14.12.10, 13:31

That isn't working for me anymore. It shows that it can't connect to the site.

hessler
14.12.10, 14:15
we definitely need the way to fake the speedtest

C3PO
14.12.10, 14:17
we definitely need the way to fake the speedtest

It isn't working for u 2?

tokiodrift1
14.12.10, 21:20
It's pretty much impossible to fake the speedtest.net test.
They have a really great detection system,

They even enhanced their systems lately, iirc.

Although, we should always hope... oO

colousit
17.12.10, 16:37
Ok at the risk of asking stupid question :

Why not just use the Speedtest link of someone (may be friend, or practically anyone ) who has the High-End Speed ? - Surely that particular link won't change over time, na ?

C3PO
17.12.10, 17:24
Ok at the risk of asking stupid question :

Why not just use the Speedtest link of someone (may be friend, or practically anyone ) who has the High-End Speed ? - Surely that particular link won't change over time, na ?

It's a bit fishy when some1 sends u a speedtest from last year...don't u think? And if u send speedtest to tracker staff with another provider, is a bit fishy, too.

anon
17.12.10, 17:25
Why not just use the Speedtest link of someone (may be friend, or practically anyone ) who has the High-End Speed ?

Because if they ask for a speedtest from today made to server ABC, you're screwed.

colousit
17.12.10, 20:46
Yep... forgot that Speedtest consists of 'date' as well.. :|

Kanthaswamy
19.12.10, 00:58
Its hard to fake a speedtest but its not hard to rent a speedtest and some screenshot of ur mates.

21.12.10, 07:34
why you want to go in that much trouble... use the app that cheatos provided, before that you do yourself a speedtest, copy the number and paste in cheatos small app and start adding 1 or 2 till u find a perfect one.. you can do that manully in broswer too but its really a slow and hard working process...
NEVER use a screenshot of speedtest as many of them can see the link and ask for new fresh speedtest which have speedtest link and then you got to send them speedtest link that have similar stats as of your faked screenshotted speedtest

C3PO
22.12.10, 12:32
why you want to go in that much trouble... use the app that cheatos provided, before that you do yourself a speedtest, copy the number and paste in cheatos small app and start adding 1 or 2 till u find a perfect one.. you can do that manully in broswer too but its really a slow and hard working process...
NEVER use a screenshot of speedtest as many of them can see the link and ask for new fresh speedtest which have speedtest link and then you got to send them speedtest link that have similar stats as of your faked screenshotted speedtest

His app doesnt work for me anymore :(

illusive
22.12.10, 14:32
Hard !! Not impossible ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFGUJNohu8s

this tutorial for Linux advanced user which mean that I didn't understand anything.

anon
22.12.10, 18:02
I can't see the video in your post, but if it's that trick to install a Speedtest server in your own PC, then it's already been posted.

oscariano
27.12.10, 02:23
weird, its my first time here... and I had already posted this (but either I used the wrong button, or it got silently deleted)

But just wanted to say that its really easy to fake the results, by just "POSTing" em directly to the speedtest server, theres just a simple MD5 hash "protecting" em

A pic of my speed :)
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1085052235.png

and just another lil 1....
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1085918676.png

I don't plan to stay around!, just wanted to say that its really possible! :P

Resurrection
27.12.10, 04:47
weird, its my first time here... and I had already posted this (but either I used the wrong button, or it got silently deleted)

But just wanted to say that its really easy to fake the results, by just "POSTing" em directly to the speedtest server, theres just a simple MD5 hash "protecting" em

A pic of my speed :)
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1085052235.png

and just another lil 1....
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1085918676.png

I don't plan to stay around!, just wanted to say that its really possible! :P

Hi Five !!!

:quote3:

Repped...

Why don't you plan on staying around?

C3PO
27.12.10, 10:10
And what means posting them?

oscariano
27.12.10, 21:35
I might work on a more detailed guide, but here's a little treat...

*NOTE* The data sent is "protected" by the "hash", thus you won't be able to change the values so easily. I've already computed the MD5 hash for this example, so thats why it works with the given values (which are a little bit evil :P)
Again, my only intention is to show ya all, that its possible, and that its very simple.

1. Run at least once the original speedtest, so that all the necessary cookies are set.
2. Open notepad, and copy the following html code:

<form method="post" action="http://www.speedtest.net/api/api.php">
<input type="hidden" name="hash" value="62137f792d87ad6a22cd87d13b3953c5" />
<input type="hidden" name="serverid" value="612" />
<input type="hidden" name="download" value="666000" />
<input type="hidden" name="upload" value="666000" />
<input type="hidden" name="ping" value="666" />
<input type="submit" value="Generate" />
</form>

3. Save it as something.html (if you have problems with notepad adding the .txt extension, use quotation marks around the name, like "name.html")
4. Open that file with your web browser
5. Click the generate button
6. It will open up a new page, now look for the "resultid" value (which is a number...) and copy it (it is between "resultid=" and "&date")
As you may have guessed, this is your "image" number... now just replace the "number" on a normal speedtest link (http://www.speedtest.net/result/1086954930.png)

Enjoy it

Resurrection
28.12.10, 06:46
How did you get the server id?

BTW dude,you DO realise all this is pretty sensitive data right?Should you be posting it in the open ?

Unschuldig
28.12.10, 17:55
more important for me is: how u hash the values?

oscariano
01.01.11, 23:34
@Resurrection you can get the server id with very basic "packet sniffing". My favorite program to do so is Wireshark :D ... Btw, the server id isn't part of the hash, thus you can easily change it, without "ruining" it.

@electromoe I'm not planning to reveal how the hash is calculated, it would do more harm than good. But I'm encouraging people to try to figure it out! its not that hard :P

@combine I can't answer to your PM, as I need 10 posts ... but heres your hash: ******** . (http://www.speedtest.net/result/1093299867.png) Enjoy it! :P

I'm planning to calculate 3 hashs more :P for anyone (probably for the first 3 petitions), as a present for the great new year thats starting!

Happy new year every1!

Unschuldig
02.01.11, 17:12
just tell me the tool ;)

oscariano
03.01.11, 05:12
@SealLion how come the calculated hash is "personal information"?

@electromoe google for "md5 online generator" and any result from the first page should do the job :)

guitar111
03.01.11, 19:57
@oscariano Pls tell the string you used for computing the hash and how dd you triggered http://www.speedtest.net/api/api.php. Thanks

anon
03.01.11, 20:07

Looks like this thread's already rocking a little :naughty:

Unschuldig
03.01.11, 20:18
@oscariano Pls tell the string you used for computing the hash and how dd you triggered http://www.speedtest.net/api/api.php. Thanks

@oscariano
yea, finding a hash encoder is not the problem ...i searched a decoder to see your string ...to know the format

ghostfucker
03.01.11, 20:22
World Fastest MD5 cracker BarsWF : Svarychevski Michail Aleksandrovich (http://3.14.by/en/md5)

dickcheese
05.01.11, 18:54
i don't get it, how do i change the my location part?

anon
05.01.11, 18:57
You can't change your location, as far as I know. That's determined by your IP.

dickcheese
05.01.11, 19:01
yeah, but if i do it by the html code he posted i get a mexico location ?

anon
05.01.11, 19:03
Nope. You get a Mexico server. That's determined by the serverid value.

dickcheese
05.01.11, 19:08
yeah but u cant change the ID and then think that it will work... first, i dunno what id i have. and if i just try a random id, it won't do it. so i figure that i need a hash string that is "meant" for me...

anon
05.01.11, 19:09
The ID isn't the problem, just do a real speedtest to the server of your choice and get its serverid with a packet sniffer.

The issue is that the other values are pretty useless. No one has a symmetric connection to gives exactly 666Mbit on both directions.

dickcheese
05.01.11, 19:35
i tried a wireshark sniff but i cant find what im looking for. i dont know where to look ;(

anon
05.01.11, 19:35
Wireshark is for geeks. If you don't want to complicate your life, use SmartSniff.

Instab
05.01.11, 19:51
Wireshark is for geeks. If you don't want to complicate your life, use SmartSniff.

wireshark is also platform independent but yes, you gotta know what you're doing :P

dickcheese
05.01.11, 20:28
i found the serverid part and upload/dl /ping and there is a hash string before all this but that one doesn't work.. :( i can change the server id to the own i have. but the 666Mbit/666ping i cant change. when i change it, nothing works. so that sucks..

anon
05.01.11, 20:33
i found the serverid part and upload/dl /ping and there is a hash string before all this but that one doesn't work.. :(

Of course it doesn't. We already know that. You'd have known, also, if you had read oscariano's posts.

guitar111
06.01.11, 16:21
Here is the server list with all the servers ID's and thier names. :wink2:

Now what just we now need the original stings using which hash is calculated so that we can change the up/dl values {Any one here who can do this ? } Bcz we cannot even decode the hash which he provided in his post, then change the values and again make the hash of it or wait for the oscarnio to get alive here:wink2:

anon
06.01.11, 16:40
Now what just we now need the original stings using which hash is calculated so that we can change the up/dl values {Any one here who can do this ? }

I have the will to buy a lottery ticket, now all I need to know is which numbers will win tomorrow.

Thanks for the list, I wonder why graciano doesn't tell us more about the hash, but well, we have to respect his wishes.

ghostfucker
06.01.11, 18:10
Here is the server list with all the servers ID's and thier names. :wink2:
http://speedtest.net/speedtest-config.php

oscariano
06.01.11, 20:33
Yay, its great to see that some of you have already started working on this

Btw, as I've stated before, I'm not planning to reveal how the hash is calculated. Just think about it for a second, it would be publicly available, and everyone would be able to "fake" their speedtest. The web would be over saturated with very incredible speedtests.Who would trust speedtest results then? At the moment, some people know that its possible, but can't really "exploit it"

So what's next? Try decoding the hash, its isn't that difficult, really! (btw, I used a decompiler, instead of brute force)

Or if you have access to a fast connection, try "sniffing" the hash from real speedtests. Gather at least 10 hashes with their corresponding ul/dl and ping! values ... then you can reuse those with your own connection and even change the server.

And finally, my offer for 3 hashes is still open! Just tell me the ul/dl/ping you would like, and I'll hash the first 3 :D (from different users)

dickcheese
06.01.11, 21:17
i whant a 86,4mbit/78,7mbit ping:18 :)

seldom
06.01.11, 21:50
i whant a XX,x/XX,x ping:YY :)
You better PM your request to oscariano. Just in case you did not know trackers' staff read this forum. Can you imagine what would happened if you presented openly requested speed test to them?

ADDED: Oh, I see, you don't have 10 posts yet, so can't PM. Anyways, try to find a way to request it privately (if you really need it).

guitar111
07.01.11, 12:24
@oscarnio .....
I Find the some hashes around 10 to 12 using wireshark...
here are some they look like

hash=591579d9c7518b774cd2563c7ad99853&serverid=612&download=412&upload=1287&ping=143
hash=081273cb1bd2b389084cd197911e3728&serverid=612&download=1801&upload=689&ping=286

But i Still not able to decode the hash how did you do that, u said using a decomplier but which type of decompiler thier are many or is it specific to MD5, or u have used swf decompiler to decompile the speedtest.net flash file. Please name your decompiler. Also have u decoded the existing hash to change the values or u used the strings which u got compiled.

I have understood your html code. But not able to decode the hash or find its orginal strings pls name your decompiler.

Thankyou

CallMe
08.01.11, 00:47
<html>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.onicos.com/staff/iz/amuse/javascript/expert/md5.txt"></script>
<form method="post" action="http://www.speedtest.net/api/api.php" onsubmit="document.forms[0].hash.value = MD5_hexhash(document.forms[0].ping.value + '-' + document.forms[0].upload.value + '-' + document.forms[0].download.value + '-lol'); return true;">
<input type="hidden" name="hash" value="Autofill" />
Server: <input type="text" name="serverid" value="612" /><br/>
Download: <input type="text" name="download" value="0" /><br/>
Upload: <input type="text" name="upload" value="0" /><br/>
Ping: <input type="text" name="ping" value="0" /><br/>
<input type="submit" value="Generate"/>
Made by: monitur
</form>
</html>

Or: http://data.fuskbugg.se/dipdip/__asd.html

Made by monitur

Neutronium
08.01.11, 01:14
That was fast. I saw the solution posted somewhere else, but it didn't have a page thrown up. Also, is the formula specific to speedtest.net or does it apply to all ookla meters?
EDIT: apparently the one I found was monitur's original post.

CallMe
08.01.11, 01:37
That was fast. I saw the solution posted somewhere else, but it didn't have a page thrown up. Also, is the formula specific to speedtest.net or does it apply to all ookla meters?
EDIT: apparently the one I found was monitur's original post.

Just Speedtest :biggrin:

ghostfucker
08.01.11, 01:59
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=24057

hf :)

anon
08.01.11, 02:24
Stuff

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=24057

hf :)

That's some cool shizzle there, you two. Let the era of "tracker wants a speedtest from me, what can I do" end, so that the era of "omg nice how do i us it thx" and ridiculously high speeds on invite forums begins. :wgrin:

No offense meant, and I've updated the first post to reflect the existence of those two things.

Neutronium
08.01.11, 02:33
Well, now I've got a safety net for cheating, just in case, or at least until speedtest changes their string order or salt.

Instab
08.01.11, 07:40
Well, now I've got a safety net for cheating, just in case, or at least until speedtest changes their string order or salt.

what do you think how long speedtest.net tests will be reqüsted from now on? :P

anon
08.01.11, 07:45
what do you think how long speedtest.net tests will be requested from now on? :P

Well, I'd say that's partly a good thing. On filesharing/invite forums, you shouldn't pick your invitee just because he has awesome ratio proofs and speedtests. CallMe's code and ghostfucker's tool may very well be a slap on the face for people to keep that sort of stuff in mind. They're attacking the BT capitalistic world dominated by high-speed connections and seedbox whores to make it a better place. :O

Instab
08.01.11, 07:47
Well, I'd say that's partly a good thing. On filesharing/invite forums, you shouldn't pick your invitee just because he has awesome ratio proofs and speedtests. CallMe's code and ghostfucker's tool may very well be a slap on the face for people to keep that sort of stuff in mind. They're attacking the BT capitalistic world dominated by high-speed connections and seedbox whores to make it a better place. :O

would be nice but it might be more likely that just another speedtest provider will be chosen :dry:

anon
08.01.11, 07:51
ghostfucker said most of the others were very easily hackeable, and he usually knows what he's saying.

That or Speedtest.net may just change their code a bit so that his tool doesn't work anymore. Same stuff as with trackers' anti-cheat scripts and cheaters, anti-copy schemes and crackers, etc.

dickcheese
08.01.11, 09:39
i was just gonna post the solution from flashback forum! me so happy now! ;:D

oscariano
19.01.11, 06:18
I've brought a little new treat for ya all... its funny to see how speedtest just adds a new security check (the referrer) and it ruins both cheating methods. But wait, they are not completely ruined, at least not the web based one.

As it has been already made public, I see no harm in posting the following guide:

If you want to get the monitur web page working again, just fake the referrer to speedtest.net as "http://cdn.speedtest.net/flash/speedtest.swf?v=330847"

For mortal people:
1) Install the refcontrol firefox add-on
2) Open the RefControl settings window, under tools
3) Click "Add site"
4) Site: speedtest.net
Custom: http://cdn.speedtest.net/flash/speedtest.swf?v=330847
5) Click Ok

and you are all set, now you can use the web based faker again! :P

Unschuldig
19.01.11, 23:08
I've brought a little new treat for ya all... its funny to see how speedtest just adds a new security check (the referrer) and it ruins both cheating methods. But wait, they are not completely ruined, at least not the web based one.

As it has been already made public, I see no harm in posting the following guide:

If you want to get the monitur web page working again, just fake the referrer to speedtest.net as "http://cdn.speedtest.net/flash/speedtest.swf?v=330847"

For mortal people:
1) Install the refcontrol firefox add-on
2) Open the RefControl settings window, under tools
3) Click "Add site"
4) Site: speedtest.net
Custom: http://cdn.speedtest.net/flash/speedtest.swf?v=330847
5) Click Ok

and you are all set, now you can use the web based faker again!
don't works :(

oscariano
20.01.11, 02:52
@electromoe Hmmm it should be working... http://www.speedtest.net/result/1119145434.png

Make sure you didn't make any typo, and that refcontrol is running correctly on firefox... I would recommend sniffing a real test, just to check the "referrer". Probably its a bit different than mine, specially on the last part v=330847. Also sniff your fake "attempt" to make sure refcontrol is correctly sending the referrer

averre
20.01.11, 15:16
@electromoe Hmmm it should be working... http://www.speedtest.net/result/1119145434.png

Make sure you didn't make any typo, and that refcontrol is running correctly on firefox... I would recommend sniffing a real test, just to check the "referrer". Probably its a bit different than mine, specially on the last part v=330847. Also sniff your fake "attempt" to make sure refcontrol is correctly sending the referrer

It works great.

List of servers with ID and name of the city:

http://speedtest.net/speedtest-config.php

or

http://pastebin.com/UsexyCsb

It was posted on 10th page.

Use html code from 11th page and than method with ref (it works) from 11th page (bottom).

Thnx and look:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1119788607.png

Unschuldig
29.01.11, 20:07

ok..now i guess they fixed that :( it doesn't works anymore

can you confirm that?

cheatos
29.01.11, 20:27
By the way,
the test:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1119145434.png

Has been deleted, I suppose stest.net admins/webmasters/coders aren't idiots and are monitoring this forum or any other forum which tries to manipulate results, because only some people with some privileges can delete speedtests, no? ;)

either we've reported to them by angelic dudes from those who try to "save the bittorrent from cheaters", - who are usually traders/scammers/cheaters themseleves-.
or its a frequent action by stest.net to monitor things around them

haifa
15.02.11, 08:46
If you want to check the speed test means you can check the speed test here ip-details.com and also get the ip address,ip details,internet speed test,etc.....

anon
15.02.11, 16:37
If you want to check the speed test means you can check the speed test here ip-details.com and also get the ip address,ip details,internet speed test,etc.....

You don't appear to know what this thread is about.

Khanna
20.02.11, 05:11
What do I type in the server & ping boxes.
In the server I copied a server address from here : http://speedtest.net/speedtest-config.php
don't know if thats right
But what about ping

anon
20.02.11, 05:17
The higher the ping, the better... no, wait, it wasn't like that...

Anyway, that page doesn't work anymore. So don't waste your time. I'll remove the links in the first post.

Khanna
20.02.11, 07:42
So currently there isn't anyway to fake a speedtest ??

anon
20.02.11, 07:42
:noes:

And you'd have known that if you had read the thread a bit.

Khanna
20.02.11, 07:59
:noes:

And you'd have known that if you had read the thread a bit.

I actually read the whole thread, before posting, I thought that refcontrol addon made it work.
anyway thanks.

I found this speedtest faker, http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=24057
I assume it's the same thing and it doesn't work either, right?

anon
20.02.11, 17:47
I found this speedtest faker, http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=24057
I assume it's the same thing and it doesn't work either, right?

I'd check the last post on that thread if I were you. That and the fact there's no attachment on its first post anymore...

averre
08.03.11, 14:09
It is still working man.

http://speedtest.net/result/1125063993.png

MiCRON
08.03.11, 17:53
It is still working man.

What tool did you use?

Unschuldig
10.03.11, 13:16
It is still working man.

yea, plz tell us how u do that, the old method (with refcontrol) don't works anymore for me :(

ParamouR
10.03.11, 13:29
What tool did you use?

yea, plz tell us how u do that, the old method (with refcontrol) don't works anymore for me :(

I don't think it for real any tool he used, guys look at the date and you would come to know how much fake can he be :wmad:

MiCRON
11.03.11, 19:09
Ah yeah, didn't see that. :/ So has anyone found a new method?

Prince
11.03.11, 20:50
Why do you want to fake your speed? is your own this slow?? I guess the best way would be to hack the website with HTML

anon
11.03.11, 20:51
Why do you want to fake your speed?

To compensate for something. In this case, slow network speeds.

In case you don't know, people with good speedtests have better changes on invite giveaways on other forums. It's a bit stupid, since an image file can hardly determine whether someone will be a good invitee or not, but that's how it is.

LuluShoutX
19.03.11, 05:47
Yeah, there are still several private fakers. Just google for it. When you have a speedtest, you can cheat upload higher and speedtest will protect you from ban.

anon
19.03.11, 06:11
Yeah, there are still several private fakers. Just google for it.

If they're private, how come they're in Google?

LuluShoutX
19.03.11, 07:27
If they're private, how come they're in Google?

You can find topics or articles, then send PM to the owner. No direct links to download and its paid services in most cases.

anon
19.03.11, 18:10
No direct links to download and its paid services in most cases.

Paying for a fake speedtest? Screw them.

LuluShoutX
20.03.11, 15:56
It's great to have 20-30mb/s prooflink. Even if I did sometimes bad (like uploading 1-2gb quick), no ban. Such things shouldn't be in public or eveyone will use it and speedtest change something.

anon
20.03.11, 17:57
It's great to have 20-30mb/s prooflink. Even if I did sometimes bad (like uploading 1-2gb quick)

No 20-30Mbit connection can upload 1-2 gigs in a few seconds. It takes time for the speed to "puff up".

Such things shouldn't be in public or eveyone will use it and speedtest change something.

That has already happened. :gfrown:

MiCRON
20.03.11, 18:03
It would be great if SB-I has a private one too. :D

Dr.house
20.03.11, 18:44
i can do fake speedtest with a number as i want , i'm afraid to explain how to do that , but as long as its work i just give you a little tips ..
download a server from speedtest from here : Speedtest.net - Speedtest.net Mini (http://www.speedtest.net/mini.php)
download apache this release : appserv-win32-2.5.10
they will ask you for a network name make it"localhost"
put any password you want
extract the (mini.zip)
go to : C:\AppServ\php5 ,and copy past the file you extracted here
searsh for this two file's (php.ini-dist & php.ini-recommended) you need to modified on them ,open both of then with Notepad and search for this word :cgi.force_redirect = 1 change to cgi.force_redirect = 0 and then save it and closed
restart your pc
go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
follow the image :
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4162/22122010041226.png
and this image explain to you how to get the ip of your server who you have
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1545/22122010043014.png

most important and the last thing open the speedtest site with a firefox and do test as the test in progress watch down browser to grape a link of your server you do testing for keep it and ping it with cmd to get an ip to put it in your localhost as i said

i hoe that i helped you ..

anon
20.03.11, 18:47
The local speedtest trick. That was good, but as far as I know it had a certain drawback.

Dr.house
20.03.11, 18:56
The local speedtest trick. That was good, but as far as I know it had a certain drawback.

hmmm , the only drawback its express a very large number of test you can reduce it with decrease the value of your memory RAM the only way would be control with its by using Vmware virtual machine it is easier to control you virtual ram .. or you couldn't getting any were

cheatos
20.03.11, 19:29
hmmm , the only drawback its express a very large number of test you can reduce it with decrease the value of your memory RAM the only way would be control with its by using Vmware virtual machine it is easier to control you virtual ram .. or you couldn't getting any were

I don't think its the RAM that matters, (ok, it does have a small impact but not fully),
to limit the speed to something you want, then use this program:

net limiter

now the only problem/detection vector is the ping, if your ping sucks then it would be suspicious to have such high-speeds with a bad ping (bad ping means a high ping value, i know you all know that but just drawing attention).
:smile:

anon
20.03.11, 19:55
High latency doesn't mean you can't have good speeds, but yes, if you claim to have 25Mbit up with a ping of 900, that will raise a few eyebrows.

If I remember correctly, one of the drawbacks was that if they ask you for a test done on server X or Y, you can't achieve that with this method...

Dr.house
20.03.11, 21:07
I don't think its the RAM that matters, (ok, it does have a small impact but not fully),
to limit the speed to something you want, then use this program:

net limiter

now the only problem/detection vector is the ping, if your ping sucks then it would be suspicious to have such high-speeds with a bad ping (bad ping means a high ping value, i know you all know that but just drawing attention).
:smile:

its not about your internet connection cheatos .. when you use apache everything you do related to your pc , that server of speedtest now on your pc now forget about internet ... the good equipment of your pc the high speed test you get ..

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

High latency doesn't mean you can't have good speeds, but yes, if you claim to have 25Mbit up with a ping of 900, that will raise a few eyebrows.

If I remember correctly, one of the drawbacks was that if they ask you for a test done on server X or Y, you can't achieve that with this method...

i can tell its easier than you imagen , just firstly do a normal speedtest and then flow the server link belw while you do test and then pin it to get the ip copy/paste to your lacoal ip as i said before ... i can test wherever server you want

cheatos
20.03.11, 22:16
its not about your internet connection cheatos .. when you use apache everything you do related to your pc , that server of speedtest now on your pc now forget about internet ...[COLOR="Silver"]

Yep, I know, Apache will run (listen) locally, but netlimiter will also limit local apps (which make local connections (loopback)),
try it,

Example:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/netlimiter/megamp3n/SUB%25204/NetLimiterProv20101.png

So select Apache and put the speed you want.
(for example, if you want to fake a 2MB line, you put 200kB/s upload speed limit on apache.exe)

---
If that didn't work, there is a better solution and more complex solution here:
http://bwmod.sourceforge.net
---

the good equipment of your pc the high speed test you get ..

This is True, I didn't deny that,
you said: we need to lower our RAM to get a little slower speeds but I replied that this isn't the only way to get lower speeds, and then I suggested limiting speeds using a more controllable app like netlimiter or the "Bandwidth Limiter For Apache " mod if netlimiter didn't work.

---
I can't test netlimiter now, and if you can't test it as well for some reasons then give me sometime to try tomorrow or after tomorrow.

MrAir
22.03.11, 02:03
Dr.House, Can you reupload the pics, please?

Cheers

anon
22.03.11, 02:07
I don't see why you'd want him to do that. They work fine.

handakes
10.04.11, 00:01
[LIST=1]
[

so let me get this straight, i will have a different ISP from mine, and that's ok on torrent-invites?

anon
10.04.11, 06:19
i will have a different ISP from mine

Unless fate smiles upon you, that's extremely likely to happen.

and that's ok on torrent-invites?

If I were staff there and noticed the providers (and location vs. distance) don't match, I'd question your honesty.

gorp
25.04.11, 06:11
got my script to work again. they changed the salt in the hash from 'lol' to
substr(md5_hex('or4ng$'), 0, 8)

and they are also now checking the referer header.

http://speedtest.net/result/1267298331.png

Resurrection
25.04.11, 06:15
again.

Where did you post this script of your earlier?

gorp
25.04.11, 06:40
Where did you post this script of your earlier?

i'm not posting it for the speedtest folks to find. the information i provided can be used in conjunction with previous posts from this thread.

GymTanAndLaundry
25.04.11, 07:04
i'm not posting it for the speedtest folks to find. the information i provided can be used in conjunction with previous posts from this thread.

I replaced the lol key with your finding, while spoofing the referer it just keeps telling me "resultid=0". Damn it.

anon
25.04.11, 13:40

But they can still search this thread and patch it anyway. Don't take that the wrong way, though. It's nice that you share this with us, but it's not bound to last long.

And they were originally using "lol" as a salt? :unsure:

Okaim
01.05.11, 13:44
got my script to work again. they changed the salt in the hash from 'lol' to
substr(md5_hex('or4ng$'), 0, 8)

and they are also now checking the referer header.

http://speedtest.net/result/1267298331.png

really nice discovery..
how did you get the salt?
I didn't succeed to Reverse engineering the SWF file..
it's have disguise "encrypted"..

ghostfucker
02.05.11, 05:25
I didn't succeed to Reverse engineering the SWF file..
it's have disguise "encrypted"..
google helps:
Google (http://www.google.com/#q=swf+decrypt)

Okaim
02.05.11, 17:38
google helps:
Google (http://www.google.com/#q=swf+decrypt)
dit it before, NVM.

gorp
05.05.11, 04:48
ShowMyCode.com (http://www.showmycode.com) is a great free online swf decompiler.

And for those who want the script, it's on github (https://github.com/gray/dotfiles/blob/master/bin/fake-speedtest.pl).

ParamouR
07.05.11, 09:56
what scripts, I don't know any scripts isn't there an easy hack to fake speed-test yet?

anon
07.05.11, 19:10
what scripts

Try reading the last pages to have an idea.

nothingbutupload
09.05.11, 05:16
arnold, could you share that method you have?

SealLion
09.05.11, 05:27
arnold, could you share that method you have?

What??!!
Who's 'arnold'??
There ain't no 'arnold' around here, my friend.
Secondly, have you a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y read the thread??
Or are you just as I see, spreading your name around on just about every thread I see on the 'new post' section so that you can get post counts to your name??

anon
09.05.11, 16:45
arnold

What??!!
Who's 'arnold'??
There ain't no 'arnold' around here, my friend.
Secondly, have you a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y read the thread??
Or are you just as I see, spreading your name around on just about every thread I see on the 'new post' section so that you can get post counts to your name??

ROFL :lol:

Thank you both for bringing me a smile on this stressful day.

SealLion
10.05.11, 02:03
No problem.
It's my self-proclaimed job around here.

Solution for the 'nob-related problem" at times found on this forum with new-users who spam the whole place over............Put it this way. I'm a huge fan of water-boarding myself.

06.06.11, 03:05
i am trying to get this trick work since yesterday.. what is the word that they changed from "-lol" .. i have tried "or4ng$" and it didn't work

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

does anyone have any clue.. please pm me or post it here

ghostfucker
06.06.11, 04:12
substr(md5_hex('or4ng$'), 0, 8) = 607b435a

WTF
06.06.11, 06:35
What??!!
Who's 'arnold'??

I think he means "anon" lol

06.06.11, 06:44
substr(md5_hex('or4ng$'), 0, 8) = 607b435a

thanksssss a ton....... you are most helpful :)

Resurrection
06.06.11, 06:57
ghostfucker posting in the fake speedtest.net thread???

Be still,my beating heart.... <3

anon
06.06.11, 16:34
thanksssss a ton....... you are most helpful :)

The Thanks button is there just for looks, make sure you don't use it.

Miz
03.10.11, 21:12
If people will not mind, I can share with my small app for faking results ( written in c# includes source and pre-compiled exe(under SpeedTestForger\bin\Debug directory) )

Small example:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1514934277.png

cheatos
03.10.11, 21:36
If people will not mind, I can share with my small app for faking results ( written in c# includes source and pre-compiled exe(under SpeedTestForger\bin\Debug directory) )

Small example:
stesturl

Hi there,
thanks for sharing that with us, :wavey:
while I (we) appreciate your work, you shouldn't have done that monstrous test,
now stest.net will awake (again) and change their hash and/or increase their security measurements.

Thanks again!

anon
03.10.11, 21:57
It's a vicious circle. Whatever gets posted here will stop working after a few days. That's why ghostfucker didn't update the Speedtest faker app.

Miz
04.10.11, 06:24
Hi there,
thanks for sharing that with us, :wavey:
while I (we) appreciate your work, you shouldn't have done that monstrous test,
now stest.net will awake (again) and change their hash and/or increase their security measurements.

Thanks again!

Hey, but until they make it server side ( witch is possible but lots of work with current infrastructure ) I don't think they can do much to prevent this.

Reanimation
14.10.11, 23:00
SpeedTestForger dead :(

anon
15.10.11, 04:57
...and so speedtest.net goes back to being somewhat reliable.

pepe1
01.11.11, 13:48
ShowMyCode.com (http://www.showmycode.com) is a great free online swf decompiler.

And for those who want the script, it's on github (https://github.com/gray/dotfiles/blob/master/bin/fake-speedtest.pl).

How do I run it, please? Thanks.

anon
01.11.11, 14:07
With a Perl interpreter, I guess. But chances are it doesn't work anymore (unless it's been updated ever since).

gorp
07.11.11, 01:58
The script on GitHub has been updated. Took only a couple of minutes to find the new salt.

ufree
16.01.12, 20:40

Small example:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1514934277.png

Hi
can anyone release this as exe?

anon
16.01.12, 22:41
Hi
can anyone release this as exe?

( written in c# includes source and pre-compiled exe(under SpeedTestForger\bin\Debug directory) )

:idunno:

ufree
17.01.12, 11:51
:idunno:

what you mean ?
i read all the thread but i can't find anyway to spoof my test.
can you help me for this?
pls pm me if you can;)

cheatos
17.01.12, 14:41
what you mean ?
i read all the thread but i can't find anyway to spoof my test.
pls pm me if you can;)

you can read above that Miz's program has already been busted,
use gorp's script found in the previous page (on github)
I see that it's been updated on 9.1.2012, so it should be working fine

anon
17.01.12, 18:16
pls pm me if you can;)

I'd be delighted.

Anyway, just do what cheatos said. I'm surprised there's still a working tool for this!

ufree
17.01.12, 18:45
you can read above that Miz's program has already been busted,
use gorp's script found in the previous page (on github)
I see that it's been updated on 9.1.2012, so it should be working fine

tnx
i dl Miz's program when i click on GET i got this:
resultid=0
whats the problem?
and can you pls help me to gorp's script ? should i have a host?

cheatos
17.01.12, 23:19
i've updated Miz's noob-friendly program (code copy-pasted from both Miz's/gorp's programs, so credits goes to them)
i've set some limits though

anon
17.01.12, 23:55
I tried the binaries but it tells me no such host is known. Argentina region, Marcos Paz server in case it's relevant.

cheatos
17.01.12, 23:58
I tried the binaries but it tells me no such host is known. Argentina region, Marcos Paz server in case it's relevant.

I used the old Servers.xml from Miz's release, either I need to update them or retrieve them real time (can be copied from gorp's code), I will try now.

Other servers work, right?

anon
18.01.12, 00:24
Other servers work, right?

Tried other countries, same problem. The error appears right after pressing Request, so it could be a problem in my side.

ghostfucker
18.01.12, 00:29
I used the old Servers.xml from Miz's release, either I need to update them or retrieve them real time
you wouldnt see a "unknown host" exception/message with an invalid url... just check your Host: xxx parameter.

//edit
...or the socket address of course :)

cheatos
18.01.12, 00:46
ghostfucker, the code is working fine on my end, and I did test it before releasing it,
here's a test from the released exe to Argentina, Marcos Paz
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1713782081.png

Also i've got an updated servers.xml, I'm trying to find the bug,give me just a few minutes/hours lol

cheatos
18.01.12, 00:59
...or the socket address of course :)

I've changed it,I think it should work now.
Thanks!

anon
18.01.12, 01:40
It works now!

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=12308

Your lower and upper bounds for speed are reasonable, but the minimum ping is a bit too high. It's easy to get ~10ms if you're close to the server, I've even seen single-digit pings in some USA tests. I guess this shouldn't be a factor unless the app goes massive.

ParamouR
18.01.12, 15:44
Its working cheatos thanks. Hope it last long :wink2:

The speedtest doesn't even show the browser currently used then why is user agent required at all :confused:

anon
18.01.12, 17:46
The speedtest doesn't even show the browser currently used then why is user agent required at all :confused:

Good question. My guess is that it's there so it's not terribly obvious that you're using a faking tool.

perpec
27.02.12, 08:54
I just tried this and everything is fine but why this shows my original ISP? It's simple to check that this is fake when you have 10x bigger speed then is max with your ISP:confused: