PDA

View Full Version : NOD32 Student version Vs Business version

soOolutions
16.01.09, 18:09
:smilie_switch:

i was surfing the web searching for antivirus software's and came to a halt at eset nod 32 .. but i later learned it had a student version and a business version .. now the name itself distinguish the two software's .. but i am very inquisitive to know which of the two is better and if there are any differences between the two ?

anon
16.01.09, 18:19
According the info I have found, the Business option has features which are useful for companies (like definition mirroring or remote administration), while the Student version seems to be the same as the Home one, but with a reduced price:

NOD32 Educational Licensing

Students can purchase NOD32 at NOD32 Discounted Student rate (proof of student status will be required to process your purchase).

Educational Establishments and Students both qualify for NOD32 Academic Pricing - more details available upon request.

NOD32 Student Discount: You must be able to provide proof of student status. Your Proof of student status will need to be emailed or faxed to us within 7 days of your order being placed!

soOolutions
16.01.09, 18:38
Okey definition mirroring and remote administration .. hehe .. is that English ..:digo:

so which one is better protection safer for my computer irrespective of where i am using it at a business or home ?

is the business edition more heavy kind does it require more ram ??

anon
16.01.09, 18:45
Okey definition mirroring and remote administration .. hehe .. is that English ..:digo:

In other words, you can create multiple copies of the AV definitions and control NOD32 from far away :tongue:

so which one is better protection safer for my computer irrespective of where i am using it at a business or home ?

I couldn't really tell. Perhaps the business edition can detect more threats, but you can imagine that home users won't be happy to know they aren't being offered the most effective protection despite also paying.

is the business edition more heavy kind does it require more ram ??

I'm sure it does because of the extra features...

Dagon
16.01.09, 18:45
ähm i have the student version ;-) and i think u will not need a business version of this software.

think mirroring and remote administration is english. mirror is an english word, the same as remote and administration ... mean u can change settings or start a scan on computers on the pc over internet or lan.

Mfg Dagon

SealLion
17.01.09, 02:47
With business you get firewall component. Works great for me, I might add.

Never had anything get past it yet.

You also get email protection with Thunderbird, if you use that.

VEry easy to set up, too.

Here's a few screen shots I got if you wanna know what it looks like:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/6128/55260639lh5.jpg

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2792/98135573us6.jpg

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4071/44073415kr4.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9527/51948765zs3.jpg

soOolutions
18.01.09, 16:23
@ anon : in that case i presume business edition is better .. so i better be getting it already :)
and i don't think it would squeeze out more than 50mb of ram so it should be ok !

@Dagon : man i was just being ironic :biggrin: & i still think i should try out the business edition it sounds cool .. lemme see all the perks all the business e guys get .. lol ..

ps: mate i heard of dogon .. what does dagon mean :smile:

@sealion : i think u can get the firewall with the student edition also ?

Btw what software do u use to get those screen shots ?

SealLion
18.01.09, 16:27
faststone capture

anon
18.01.09, 21:14
@ anon : in that case i presume business edition is better .. so i better be getting it already :)
and i don't think it would squeeze out more than 50mb of ram so it should be ok !

I don't know... do you usually need to keep multiple backups of the virus definitions or control NOD32 from other PCs? :tongue:

But if you do, don't worry about the resource usage. A small footprint and fast engine are two of the advantages it's noted for having.

ps: mate i heard of dogon .. what does dagon mean :smile:

He already said in the german nickname thread that he named himself after the semitic deity :tongue:

Aurion
19.01.09, 20:41
I guess you're eligible to access extra features using the Business Edition (like when you use the PRO editions of a software) in a bit different environment that suits business entities more than home use activities

soOolutions
21.01.09, 16:41
Hey thanks for all the replies guys .. now i have both the versions :tongue:

'll use the business version because of the extra safety features even though i don't exactly know what they are .. lol ..