PDA

View Full Version : Yes!!! Its true. Complete and utter fools actually do exist!!

SealLion
11.01.09, 15:34
When I saw this post in the forum of one of my private trackers, I saw this guy's post.

I could not help LOL.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1492/20090111072642bs4.jpg

Look at the highlighted section

This is basically how fools lose their accounts.

And at fairly highly-rated/ high level trackers too!!

shoulder
11.01.09, 15:39
I had such a high ratio too sometimes.

Normally if you don't have any download but upload your ratio is "Inf".

But some tracker try to divide by zero and therefore you get such a weird ratio.

SealLion
11.01.09, 15:43
shoulder, I forgot to mention and display, in the image that this person's account was disabled.

Actually, I intentionally left out the part of the member's post that shows that his account was disabled.

I didn't want to intentionally give away the banned user's account name as well as the specific torrrent site that I got this post from,

Suffice it to say that his account is banned though.

But anyways, I didn't know about this here though:

But some tracker try to divide by zero and therefore you get such a weird ratio

Thats interesting.

shoulder
11.01.09, 15:52
I believe you that his acc has been disabled.

I just wanted to say that he even has a ratio is a kind of a bug. :wink2:

anon
11.01.09, 16:52
@SealLion: well, shoulder has already said this, but it's possible for some trackers to "divide by zero" when calculating your ratio, which results in weird results (like a ratio in the thousands of millions:1 when you have preseeded 200MB). HD-Bits.ro can do this. :biggrin:

If you want to see something really stupid, read articles stating you can increase your upload with Firefox without being detected (http://xyflar.blogspot.com/), or those that advertise ghostleeching as a 100% safe tracker bug (http://www.aviran.org/?p=12).

Even better, edit the "Azurues" statistics file and avoid private tracker bans! (http://www.aioforum.com/ebooks_tutorials_other_stuff/15196-azurues_ratio_hack.html)

Aurion
11.01.09, 18:01
You should clean your steps before getting out of the mud :P

SealLion
11.01.09, 18:10
Anon, I just read the first 2 of 3 links you gave.

Pretty silly, I would say the least.

Maybe one of the authors there tried it on some brand-spank'in new shiny tracker that;s only got just a whopping 2 torrrents with no scripts of any kind, let alone a script to see who's even online.

LOL. I was also reading some of the comments on one of them. Look at this:

bye the way, can you please send me an invatation to torrent leach

a beggar...!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Here's a little bit more fro the same, lame guy:

...dose it help me to fake ratio with not a privete web like mininova?

er'...scuze me, but I don't think mininova even cares about your ratio. LOL.

Also, most importantly, how do you find this out:

Get a .torrent file from a tracker that uses the torrentbits source code and add it to your client...

Now, pray tell me, how do you go about finding this out from what-ever site, and then pray and hope this cheating method works.

Do you just PM the admins and mods and ask them why and then wait for them to ask you 'why' you want to know???

Besides, the one from 'xyflar' uses a method, that (Correct me if I"m wrong), I think is similar to a method that the old RatioMater program used in its creation of .client files.

Your getting 'torrents/announce.php?info_hash' info.
I think thats what the program used in making .client files also uses.

actually, using the program that he uses to integrate into FF for cheating is not much different from using RM from what I can tell.

AT least, from what I see, that's what I can tell.

Look at the FileMP3 pic that he has on his webpage. Lots of info there.
Great give-away for an instant ban. :klatsch_3: (sarcasm)

anon
11.01.09, 18:33
Anon, I just read the first 2 of 3 links you gave.

Pretty silly, I would say the least.

Maybe one of the authors there tried it on some brand-spank'in new shiny tracker that;s only got just a whopping 2 torrrents.

Well, the "add upload with FF" has supposedly been tested at FileMP3. Same goes for ghostleeching and TL. :tongue:
But they advertise it as an extremely leet pwnage tracker bug when as a matter of fact it takes 2 seconds of looking at the HTTP request to see you're not using a BitTorrent client :wink:

LOL. I was also reading some of the comments on one of them. Look at this:

<quote>

a beggar...!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

He had to try and see :tongue:

Here's a little bit more fro the same, lame guy:

<quote>

er'...scuze me, but I don't think mininova even cares about your ratio. LOL.

It cares as much as Demonoid. :biggrin:

Also, most importantly, how do you find this out:

<quote>

Now, pray tell me, how do you go about finding this out from what-ever site, and then pray and hope this cheating method works.

Do you just PM the admins and mods and ask them why and then wait for them to ask you 'why' you want to know???

Well, it's easy to know if a tracker uses TorrentBits' codebase. You'll simply know it - it's the most widely used tracker source, and what the "TB" in TBdev and TBSource stand for. Also, as far as I know, TorrentBits was the first registered private tracker.

But this "bug" relies on simply changing the reported uploaded amount. That's essentially what the Azureus Hack does, and it works on every tracker - but you can't compare the Hack with this lame, overly detectable method. :biggrin:

Besides, the one from 'xyflar' uses a method, that (Correct me if I"m wrong), I think is similar to a method that the old RatioMater program used in its creation of .client files.

Your getting 'torrents/announce.php?info_hash' info.
I think thats what the program used in making .client files also uses.

actually, using the program that he uses to integrate into FF for cheating is not much different from using RM from what I can tell.

AT least, from what I see, that's what I can tell.

The principle is the same, but while the RM's .client control every aspect of the HTTP request that will be sent to the tracker (including the peer_id and key), xyflar's "method" will just change the User-Agent (to BitTorrent/3.4.2) and fully relies on you somehow getting the torrent's hash and a 20-byte peer_id - in his case he dumped a BitComet's announce using HTTP Analyzer. You can also get the hash using TorrentSpy.

Look at the FileMP3 pic that he has on his webpage. Lots of info there.
Great give-away for an instant ban. :klatsch_3: (sarcasm)

Yes, he forgot to conceal his join date and......... ratio...

Aurion
11.01.09, 21:29
I can't believe such a jerk can do that lol he just compromised himself real good & others stood for nothing mocking his actions :tongue:

GodY
12.01.09, 01:40
I can't believe to...This must be fake

CindyVer
12.01.09, 13:02
This is basically how fools lose their accounts.

And at fairly highly-rated/ high level trackers too!!

I don't really see why this guy is a dumbass???

He uploaded only about 20 GB and downloaded 0.
His ratio isn't important, it's the amount he uploaded and downloaded. And it's perfectly doable to upload 20GB on a tracker without downloading a single kb, if he just helped in seeding scene-releases and it wasn't any specific tracker content that can't be found elsewhere.

mike
12.01.09, 16:09
Well I think this guy takes the dumbass prize (see img)

http://i41.tinypic.com/16j57xw.jpg :smileeek:

He was trying to trade this account and was bragging he was a legend user (and only on site 147 days) on a level 5 tracker

you do the math! :biggrin:

needless to say he was banned

CindyVer
13.01.09, 10:22
Well I think this guy takes the dumbass prize (see img)

http://i41.tinypic.com/16j57xw.jpg :smileeek:

He was trying to trade this account and was bragging he was a legend user (and only on site 147 days) on a level 5 tracker

you do the math! :biggrin:

needless to say he was banned

A perfect example to show extreme bufferng will get you kicked.
The key-word to succesfull cheating is 'moderation'. Don't be greedy and build your buffers slowly and gradually :cool:

Aurion
17.01.09, 14:39
@mike: damn,that was HUGE man :shockkk!: I couldn't believe the figure tho ... anyway,I guess he was dummy enough to get himself a free ban ticket!

mike
19.01.09, 15:05
Actually he was banned two places for this, first from his tracker and second from a tracker invite site because of suspected ratio cheating LOL poor guy :tongue:

divlord
19.01.09, 15:53
I dont see anything wrong.
Cant you upload 25 GB without downloading nothing?

greener
05.02.09, 08:22
high ratio would catch somebody's eyes

CindyVer
05.02.09, 12:10
high ratio would catch somebody's eyes

That statement is far from accurate. You can build a huge buffer by seeding scene-releases downloaded from tracker A, and seeding on tracker B.

That way you download nothing on tracker B and have only upload and create a huge buffer/ratio, without catching anyones eye. Off course you can only do that with identical scene-releases and not with tracker-packs that are only released on one tracker.