PDA

View Full Version : TCP-Z - The Best TCP/IP Patcher for All Windows OSes

anon
05.01.09, 18:24
If µTorrent is bogging down your high-speed Internet connection - whereby web browsing becomes extremely slow or either stops altogether - symptoms point towards an unpatched TCP/IP half-open limit. Most patchers directly modify the TCPIP.SYS file, which usually results in undesirable MS security issues and/or false positives from antivirus software. TCP-Z is different (http://deepxw.blogspot.com/), as it alters the TCP/IP limit in memory, for a safe & fast solution under any Windows OS environment (including x64 Vista and the new Windows 7). Release the power of your network; download faster, and run more Internet tasks simultaneously - all without the side-effects of other patchers.

TCP-Z - The Best TCP/IP Patcher for All Windows OSes | FileShareFreak (http://filesharefreak.com/2009/01/04/tcp-z-the-best-tcpip-patcher-for-all-windows-oses/)

Looks like a good and easier to use alternative. The memory patching idea has been covered before by a driver called tcpip_patcher.sys that was often distributed with and loaded by some P2P programs (like Ares or KCeasy), but it often set the max amount of half-open connections to small values like 250 or 100, which was actually harmful if you had "hard" patched the TCPIP.SYS file to allow a higher number.

This tool, in turn, seems to be more customizable and compatible (it even works with Windows 7!) in that aspect. The only downside I could find at the moment is that you need to run it every time you start your PC to patch the limitation, which doesn't happen with other .sys file patchers. This can be worked around by installing the "TCPZ Virtual Driver", though. The tool also allows you to "hard" patch the TCP/IP driver file as well.

takomania
25.02.09, 18:37
it seems ok, but like you say, having to run the program after each restart would be a pain.

i'm currently using lvlord's patcher under windows xp though - works fine here :)

www.LvlLord.de - Tipps, Tricks & Utilities - News (http://www.lvllord.de)

mike
25.02.09, 18:43
lvlord's tcp patcher also works well in vista :wink:

anon
25.02.09, 18:52
it seems ok, but like you say, having to run the program after each restart would be a pain.

You can still use the TCP-Z Virtual driver, which will do the work for you on every startup :tongue:

Or "hard" patch the TCPIP.SYS file - in my opinion this is the best, but if SFC/an app/update/etc. overwrites it, your connection will have lag/timeout problems until you repatch it again...

takomania
26.02.09, 14:53
but if SFC/an app/update/etc. overwrites it, your connection will have lag/timeout problems until you repatch it again...

this happens extremely rarely though - it's usually a windows update that patches the file, but when this happens you usually find out very fast as every computer tech site broadcasts it as front page news due to it destroying the functionality of portscanners/network auditing tools/security software...

and when it does get patched, someone normally releases an updated patcher during the next 24hours :biggrin:

splicer
26.02.09, 16:58
I use TCP-Z on my Vista x64 machine and it works superbly. I definitely recommend it!

yoco
26.02.09, 17:47
Is this one any different from other pacthers?

anon
26.02.09, 17:52
Yes - it patches the TCPIP.SYS file in memory, whereas most others "hard" patch it instead.

@takomania: I find out when all the tracker arrows in uTorrent are red due to socket errors :tongue:

yoco
26.02.09, 19:26
This "TCPZ Virtual Driver", is it safe to install?

anon
26.02.09, 19:31
It should be: it does the same task as TCP-Z (patching the max half-open connections limit), but on startup, and it patches the limit in memory, which is safe considering multiple checks are made to see if it's not about to patch something it shouldn't.

Snitlev
27.02.09, 00:03
I use XP AntiSpy and it works Absolutly...

best regards