PDA

View Full Version : protein shake recipe

soOolutions
05.01.09, 09:38
For starters .. well i am bored of drinking the protein shake recipe i usually have and am searching for some new and healthy recipe... searched the web for protein shakes and i did find protein shakes but all of them had protein powders as ingredients .. no offense but protein powder is a big no no for me ..

so if you guys could share your natural homemade recipes which contain fruits ,vegetables ,milk ,eggs ,etc but no protein powders would be wonderful ...

my protein shake recipe :

Ingredients:
1 Banana
2 range eggs
200ml Raw milk
1tbs. Uncooked honey

thanks

vDD+wR
05.01.09, 21:37
hey soOolutions,

I think protein powder is the easiest and cheapest way to ensure the intake of a certain amount of protein.
Of course natural recipies are always better (and healthier) but the mixture of carbs, fat and protein isn't as optimized as it is done in the protein powder and not to forget, not everybody like those "home made" mixtures.
I personally have no problems with my protein powder...:biggrin:
Furthermore, when I look at your recipe I notice that you put a lot of carbs into your "protein shake". Acutally, the advantage of a protein shake is that it nearly doesn't have carbs in it. So actually, I would call your shake a weight gainer, 'cause as it is, the majority of your shake contains carbs. :wink:
But there's actually nothing bad about it, unless you prepare yourself for a bodybuilding contest and therefore, you're in the final stage, the definition phase.
Otherwise it sounds very tasty! :klatsch_3:
(But make sure that every shake has at least 30grams of protein for an ongoing muscle growth.)

greetz vDD

Edit: I would also raise the amount eggs you put in the shake to make sure you'll get the 30grams per shake. :wink:

soOolutions
12.01.09, 07:34
yes i agree that it is a easy way but for some reason i find the protein powder some what not my type .. :smile:
i like taking the extra effort in making my own mix for self satisfaction or you can say i have that extra time on my hands .
and i also mentioned that my protein shake is boring and may me not so proteinatious .. :biggrin: .. and so i am asking for help ..
i am not a bodybuilder nor am i a fat dude .. i have a moderate body .. and my exercise routine was really making me look very lean so i decided to start trying protein shakes and not get into the chemical side of it . and now am in search for the ultimate protein formula ..

Question: what is body plus , mega mass powder and all of those weight gainers are they proteins ?

yoco
12.01.09, 12:44
I don't know much about these protein shakes, but can you explain what do you do with the stuff in your recipe? Do you all mix it together?

Ingredients:
1 Banana
2 range eggs
200ml Raw milk
1tbs. Uncooked honey

soOolutions
14.01.09, 13:07
yes mate put it all in a blender and mix it .. its all raw ingredients to preserve all the nutritional value ... its meant to give your body all the necessary vital ingredients your body needs to build muscle :)
its the most basic and simple and tasty recipe u can ask for but am sure there a lot more better ones out there although there are heaps of delicious recipes with protein powder as ingredient on the net :)

Cheerrs !!

yoco
14.01.09, 15:05
I'm not sure I get these two?

2 range eggs
1tbs. Uncooked honey
What's "range" suppose to mean? And how many is 1tbs? :stupid:

anon
14.01.09, 15:36
What's "range" suppose to mean? And how many is 1tbs? :stupid:

I think he means free-range (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-range_eggs), and that tbs = tabletspoon.

yoco
15.01.09, 12:39
I forgot to ask, how many times do you drink this?

soOolutions
16.01.09, 16:43
free range eggs
Free-range eggs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-range_eggs)

tbs
Tablespoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablespoon)

it all depends on your exercise regime they are basically weight gainers which help build muscle with the help of bodybuilding ..

and i would advise using one egg if u drink it everyday like i do, and also u can increase the amount of ingredients depending on how vigorous your work out is and how much energy your body needs ..

soOolutions
18.01.09, 17:30
yummy treats .. i would call em weight gainers :)
make sure u rev up your exercise regime if you intend having these formulae .. lol ..

3 cups of skim
1 cup of dry, chocolate syrup
4 tsps PB.

About 1000 cals, 70 g protein, and good as hell

1 cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp Natty PB
1 cup skim milk

Half package sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding mix
Blend with 1 cup cold water + 12 ice cubes. Eat with spoon like vanilla ice-cream.
Best before bed. (also can add 2 tbsp wheat bran for fiber, don't even notice it in there.)

yoco
18.01.09, 18:07
lol, you sure know a lot of this stuff :wink2:

soOolutions
21.01.09, 16:12
hehe yes mate you need to have all these weight gainers when you realize your body is loosing muscle .. and you start looking like a bulimic or an anorexic patient due to excess exercise .. lol ...

Spixe
16.09.10, 12:46
something quick and simple AND delicious:
cut a banana into slices or bricks, and freeze them (peeled of course!). Next day, toss them in a blender, add some vanilla protein powder (ON is the best IMHO), a pinch of vanilla extract, a dash of cinammon, and a packet of sweet n low (if you like sweets, i love sweetness), and you got yourself the tastiest and healthiest frozen banana milkshake you've ever had :)

tokiodrift1
16.09.10, 17:44
Your recipe sounds good.
However, I'm not sure about the two extra eggs. :happy:

markie88
16.10.10, 13:37
I just stick with eggs now (rocky style). and plenty of milk.

One_Piece11
17.10.10, 16:42
2 bananas
1 scoop of oats
Milk
Honey
1 Egg
5 Scoops of Açai!

ErRor
29.11.10, 23:56
your recipe is like mine except idont mix honey with it
1 Banana
2 range eggs
200ml Raw milk

ParamouR
15.12.10, 08:25
Before I just use to eat Banana and Omelet to become more healthy. I'm trying out each post recipe :)

retaehc
02.02.11, 16:47
scanning through the recipe makes me hungry ;)
just eggs and milks now, gonna try some "weight gainers" mentioned above.

shawn5
17.03.11, 08:18
Awesome protein recipes are shared here,..
All variations of chocolate. Chocolate is just too good and banana with dates shake is also my favorite one,..

mammamia11
19.03.11, 15:32
the rocky style of eggs doesnt taste anything when u mix it with other things :) , protin shakes are very effective with trainings, specielly after the gym pass when the buddy is hungry after protin kick.

hellman
19.03.11, 17:09
this might b good for me.. m workin out in gym .. but if anything goes wrong i'll kill u soolutions :ssjgoku:

Gapo
19.03.11, 20:28
Drink four raw eggs mixed with milk and some blueberries.

mammamia11
19.03.11, 23:43
take it easy with eggs lol dont take 4 eggs if you got sensitive stomik or you will end in the WC

Gapo
20.03.11, 14:22
take it easy with eggs lol dont take 4 eggs if you got sensitive stomik or you will end in the WC

Depends on the person ;)

Shelter
26.03.11, 17:49
Protein powder r ok...only if u take 2 mouch they gonna get up your azotemic value.And from eggs should be used only the white's.Becasue the red's have alots of colesterol and fat.But its better 2 make them omlet(remember salmonella)whit a drop of oil.Then extend that drop of oil all around of pan.Put the omlet,cover whit a cap ...and like this the they gonna cook alsou up.But if u wanna use shake,better not 2 mix 2 mouch stuff.Because the body process every piece of food apart...sow its take him more time to process every food that u eat,drink.And sometimes even if u eat mixt dietary food,ui will get fat(im speaking to have a high quality)

LiD3
05.04.11, 05:36
All the ingredients look ok except banana for me. It makes me constipated.

Martin
18.04.12, 07:28
Well,.....
I watch out all the posts and i agree with all the reviews.We should be take the proteins because protein
giving us good energy and fitness.I am drinking shake protein and i know about the protein shake recipe.
I am drinking daily because it keep me fit and healthier.

svartevarg
18.04.12, 23:39
For starters .. well i am bored of drinking the protein shake recipe i usually have and am searching for some new and healthy recipe... searched the web for protein shakes and i did find protein shakes but all of them had protein powders as ingredients .. no offense but protein powder is a big no no for me ..

so if you guys could share your natural homemade recipes which contain fruits ,vegetables ,milk ,eggs ,etc but no protein powders would be wonderful ...

Ingredients:
1 Banana
2 range eggs
200ml Raw milk
1tbs. Uncooked honey

thanks

Well, add almonds (blanched ones), cranberries, strawberries, remove milk due to lactose (use buffalo milk instead)

kelly
03.08.12, 22:35
Intresting recipes :)

One query - Should the egg be consumed raw or boil it and eat only the white part(egg whites) ? As shelter mentioned , the non white part of egg contains cholesterol :unsure:

yoco
03.08.12, 23:13
One question. Is it true that muscles stop "growing" when you get to certain age?

slikrapid
04.08.12, 01:02
Is it true that muscles stop "growing" when you get to certain age?

they obviously stop 'growing with the body' roughly as soon as the bone structure reaches its 'adult form' (ie. maturity), after which they can still grow but as a result of other stimuli, like weight lifting (or muscle exercise in general), after muscle damage or wear (the tissue has to be re-grown or repaired or regenerated), provided ofc that they have enough substances/material to grow muscles from (or more correctly: suitable conditions for growth) and there is a possibility of growth due to hormonal imbalance(s) - if you're talking about (very) old age, i'd say that by then the body is heading towards a more or less slow shutdown where any growth can hardly keep up with the wear & tear, let alone with many other arising complications/problems, an overall 'system' degradation & loss of efficiency

generally, it could be said that the muscles will grow (with varying intensity) as long as there are suitable conditions for growth, regardless of one's age, especially since cells or larger (muscle) structures break down over time and have to be replaced by new ones (regeneration) and this process continues throughout one's (bodily) lifespan

Renk
05.08.12, 15:18
Why Bananas and honey ? I think it would be better to replace it with guarana, spirulin, royall jelly and ginseng (but I express no opinion about the taste).

Smiths
20.12.12, 15:22
I used to buy protein powder from the supermarket but haven't been working out recently. Maybe I'll get into it again for the new year.. ahh new year's resolutons

Though now reading these posts perhaps making your own protein shake sounds like a good idea. I used to drink chocolate milk (protein + carbs) but other ideas are good maybe I'll try them out.

blacksox
14.01.13, 18:34
I just buy unflavoured protein these days so I can add anything to it depending on my mood but if I have to buy flavoured it would be ON chocolate whey.Simplest recipe is peanut butter and bannana.

coolio256
14.01.13, 19:04
Good Whey-Protein (Doppelrich-schocolade) with 200 ml milk 1,5 % and 1-2 bananas :top:

bernardosgr
15.01.13, 00:12
I don't know much on this subject but I believe I've seen stuff like this on deli.sh and bitme, you should seek info on those trackers

coolio256
15.01.13, 16:45
Google it or research in Bodybuilding Forums