PDA

View Full Version : German spy chief threatens Wikileaks

SealLion
30.12.08, 17:02
I love going to Wikileaks.org.

Its such an interesting website to go to for alternative news sources.

News there is news that you don't readily come across in other sources, unless you look far and wide.

I found this recent articele at the website.

Its actually quite interesting because it basically talks about elements in which intelligence organizations are, by law within their own country, forbidden to undertake operations within thier own country's borders.

...The BND, like the CIA, is forbidden by law to engage in domestic activities....

Here's an excerpt of the article:

.... the threats, which were made in German as well as in English, hold no legal power outside of Germany. They must be assumed to be an attempt to engage Wikileaks via its German component--or does Mr. Uhrlau suggest it is now BND policy to kidnap foreign journalists and try them before German courts?
Clearly the BND has learned nothing from the 2006 "Schaefer report" of the Bundestag which condemned illegal BND attempts to influence the German press. Indeed, an unredacted portion of the Schaefer report, which refers to BND attempts to influence Germany's Focus magazine, is one of the "files or reports related to the BND" released by Wikileaks.
The BND has disgraced Germany by engaging in the same illegal domestic interference that it was condemned for a mere two years ago....

I don't believe that this intelligence organization has disgraced Germany, more so itself as an organization.

I differ in opinion with the last statement made in that article. Thats all.

Actions do not necessarily disgrace a country, rather organizations themselves.

The link to the above article, which is a short one, is here:

check it out

German spy chief threatens Wikileaks - Wikileaks (http://wikileaks.org/wiki/German_spy_chief_threatens_Wikileaks)

Its a short read.

It does lead to another link, its in German. The secondary link at the above link, is here:

{For all you German folks out there.}

mein-parteibuch.com BND droht Wikileaks mit Strafverfolgung (http://www.mein-parteibuch.com/blog/2008/12/20/bnd-droht-wikileaks-mit-strafverfolgung/)