PDA

View Full Version : What do you prefer Nvidia or ATi???

Se7Ven
28.12.08, 19:23
i mean ist verry difficult to make a decision.......but i prefer the Nvidiacard because
they have a better perfomance and more speed..........:top:

Whats youre opinion is Nvidia or ATI better???????

Mutter
28.12.08, 19:26
ATI. Simply because NVidia bought and killed 3dFX a few years ago and the production of the great VOODOO-Cards was over...

And about the performance..its always changing depending on the model so that it is not possible to say "they are always better...".

Se7Ven
28.12.08, 19:35
NVidia bought and killed 3dFX a few years ago and the production of the great VOODOO-Cards was over... that was absolutley bad fom Nvidia!!!!

yes this is right the voodo cards was great the best cards in that time with 3dfx:top:

Tekrader
28.12.08, 20:42
Hi,
I owned nearly every 3DFX card. Nevertheless they dug their own grave with sheer incompetence (acquiring of STB, V5 too late to market to name a few things).

Regarding the topic: I do not prefer one over the other. I just buy what gives me the best performance and IQ in my price range. Also loudness is important.

Regards

Aurion
28.12.08, 23:59
Actually I didn't have any previous experiences with any ATI VGA cards that's why I can't judge their performance,but I've heard that the best combination for heavy gamers,would be an AMD + ATI monster card...anyway,Nvidia is smooth & light on resources plus having real good time-to-time core updates!

Tekrader
29.12.08, 10:18
@Aurion

Where have you heard that a AMD and ATI combo is the best for gaming? The Intel CPUs still give the best performance. The 4780 X2 is indeed the fastest gaming card (when CF works). But it is very loud under load (own experience). Why do you think nVidia is light on resources? In which way?

Regards

yoco
29.12.08, 11:41
Nvidia :top:

czullo
29.12.08, 11:55
i prefer this witch is cheaper and better at this moment ATI

aaaaab
29.12.08, 13:42
nVidia :P

Snitlev
29.12.08, 16:50
I use at moment nVidea with an asus Board with Intel-Pentium CPU ;-) I thing this is a good compination, just as the compination Ati with AMD ;-)

Se7Ven
29.12.08, 17:30
yes this is right i have the combination
Intel(R)Core (TM)2 Quad CPU@266GHz
and a Asusboard P5N32-E SLI XX
Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra

v6ph1
29.12.08, 21:39
AMD+ATi (but my old X2 3800+ is a little bit too slow for my HD3870)

And AMD+ATi has the better price-performance ratio.

best regards
v6ph1

pi_1st
30.12.08, 19:53
i prefer ati, nvidia charges as they like for their products because they think they don't have any competition on the high end market, but only to cut it down few weeks later when amd releases their products with excellent price

but i still want that quad-gpu-quad-cooled-geforce-gtx9999-ultra-premium card, sad..

Pickle
30.12.08, 22:43
i own an Intel GMA X graphic card and happy with it, i say go for ATI.

dmt
31.12.08, 01:25
i prefer nvidia & nforce because of there driver program and beta driver program

Buffybot
06.01.09, 14:29
i prefer ATI but i don't a bigger gamer, maybe Nvidia is better for game

Aurion
06.01.09, 20:52
@Aurion

Where have you heard that a AMD and ATI combo is the best for gaming? The Intel CPUs still give the best performance. The 4780 X2 is indeed the fastest gaming card (when CF works). But it is very loud under load (own experience). Why do you think nVidia is light on resources? In which way?

Regards

Actually I've tried both dude,I did with high monster Nvidia cards (owning 9800GT atm) so upon old experience,I came to a conclusion that AMD + Nvidia provides the best gaming experience you might ever have...on the other hand,I don't find ATI shitty but a bit old school to me,that's why!