PDA

View Full Version : GigaTribe

jerri
23.12.08, 20:14
GigaTribe 2.49

GigaTribe will help you create a private file-sharing (P2P) network to exchange large files with your friends. Only the users you have invited will see the files (and folders) you share.

All exchanges are strongly encrypted. Interrupted exchanges automatically resume with no data loss. Define users groups to share distinct folders with distinct groups.

This software supports multi-source download that will help you increase the download speed.

TribalWeb is also marketed as GigaTribe for English speaking users.

This name change does not change anything for current TribalWeb users, you can add people to your network that use GigaTribe and vice-versa.

The username/password info, and the friends/family you have in your network remain 100% intact.

Here are some key features of "GigaTribe":

· Easy
· Install GigaTribe, select the folders you want to share and invite your friends to join your private network!
· Share all your files (movies, pictures, documents…) no matter how large they are.
· Interrupted exchanges automatically resume with no data loss.
· All files are exchanged at maximum speed.
· Secure
· No one but the users of your network can see the files you share.
· When exchanging a file, only the sender and the receiver are aware of the exchange.
· All data exchanged on your network is encrypted (Blowfish encryption with a 128-bit key).

link (http://www.gigatribe.com/tour/gigatribe_setup.exe)

SealLion
24.12.08, 03:30
this is basically what uT also does. With uT, one can also share private files amongst one's friends.

This is something that I was always wondering about if some of us here at SBI would ever want to share private movie or music files just amongst ourselves.

I think that would be nice.

Though I have no clue if anyone would ever express any interest in it.

And some of us would probably be too afraid to let the other guy see their IPs and so forth. Personally, I could'nt care less myself.

But anyways. Nice information you've given us, jerri.

anon
24.12.08, 17:52
this is basically what uT also does. With uT, one can also share private files amongst one's friends.

That's true (it was implemented in Aurion's private tracking tutorial), but you're relying on the .torrent not being spread, so it doesn't offer real security. Furthermore, an incoming connection from a peer that needs to download something with that info_hash is enough for you to start uploading, and this hash can be easily leaked through DHT.

Private P2P/F2F programs offer more security in this matter. All traffic is encrypted, and you can choose who (not) to share this or that folder.

SealLion
25.12.08, 00:32
Ya...thats what I mean: Private P2P file sharing. I think that would be nice.

I think one problem with this is HOW would one of use here, or 2, or 3, or however many, provide thier IPs so that we could all share some nice torrents amongst each other....can't post this info. That would be detrimental.

Maybe just PM each other. That would be oK, though how many pple would really be interested in this is perhaps another question to consider, yes??

anon
25.12.08, 00:44
Yes, that'd be nice. Having one of us host/track cool torrents. This way we wouldn't put the board at risk with copyrighted material. But even if someone offered his bandwidth for this, it'd soon be saturated as requests increase. PM would be OK at the beginning, but everyone's inboxes would fill up as this progresses (the idea of putting up a "decentralized" filesharing group through private messaging is nice, though :biggrin:).

Or maybe we could host the .torrents at a free hoster, and have one of the trackers that doesn't need you to upload them through a Web interface (like tracker.prq.to) first track them. We could even set the private flag to 1 so that info_hashes aren't leaked through DHT, and reach some degree of protection (anyone that creates an incoming connection to us can still get the stuff, but if we're careful with the .torrent metadata this won't really happen). What do you think?