PDA

View Full Version : waffles bans romanian users

jolas
23.12.08, 12:29
Update: Mr.J update: Due to Romania being largely a cesspool of spam, viruses, phishing, and fraud, and phishing attempts, fraudulent donations, cheating, and the like from various Romanian IPs with zero action on the part of Romanian ISPs, Romania is hereby banned from Waffles. Please take care to not invite people if you know they're in or from Romania. We will not take action against you, but may change tune in the future.

CindyVer
23.12.08, 12:42
Another country bites the dust!

dHV4
23.12.08, 13:27
It reminds me that my country (Israel) is banned from What.CD's IRC Channel, so there is no way actually be invited to it from here.

anon
23.12.08, 17:04
Too bad for honest romanian users - a friend from there told me that 100Mbit or even 1Gbit lines are relatively cheap, and they'd enable almost everyone to have a good ratio as long as there are enough leechers... :frown:

Aurion
24.12.08, 02:34
lol same shitty part happens to good innocent users as bad actions of idiots! the thing is that Romania involved in many great high level trackers in the past few years,so it's kinda strange to see that coming!

zatoicchi
24.12.08, 04:06
im really surprised that romania is banned ....its getting to the point that no (country)ones is safe nowadays ..really sad news

rom08
24.12.08, 10:34
Isnt it a discrimination problem?The trackers are not cops to decide that romanian are all bad people.It looks like racism in a point

Manas
24.12.08, 11:52
Their tracker- their rules. It's as simple as that. I'd also be very angry if I was a romanian but I don't think that sites make such decisions very willingly.
I'm quite surprised about the ban though.

I've always known that Israels' people were bad but now Romania... that's really weird :shockkk!:

anon
24.12.08, 17:07
That's right. It's their tracker and they can do whatever they want with it. I personally think they lose it - very high bandwidth connections are relatively cheap in Romania, from what I have been told.

My guess is that all good romanian users that just wanted to download some music will now go to What.cd - the other W :wink:

labrat
24.12.08, 18:59
didn't bitmetv ban most brazilian, some israeli and some romanian ips as well not too long ago?

anon
24.12.08, 19:13
I know Brazil, Portugal and Israel are banned from BitMeTV for sure. Some polish IP ranges are also banned (thanks czullo).

They once made this statement:

Brazil continues to be one of the worst offenders in cheating ratios and setting up multiple accounts. Just 72 hours ago I spent about 2-3 hours tracking down over 100 accounts the we believe were all owned by a small group of 3-4 people. The amount of work being forced on staff by a few bad apples in Brazil far outweighs the contributions made by honest brazilian members, and staff are once again discussing adding one or two more countries to the blocklists. :-( Brazil, India, Turkey, Egypt and Portugal being the absolute worst offenders. Those countries currently make up about 90-95% of our problem members. Poland and Hungary are trying to gain access to that top-5, though, it would seem.

labrat
24.12.08, 19:30
that's mostly because it's very hard to get a static ip in brazil

don't know about romania or israel but iguess it'll be pretty much the same

anon
24.12.08, 19:35
Also, according the BitMeTV staff, brazilian cheaters/dupe accounters greatly outnumbered the amount of honest users. They can reenable your account if you were a non-cheater, and add your IP to a whitelist if it's static, but as you say getting a fixed address is difficult in Brazil...

czullo
24.12.08, 19:37
I know Brazil, Portugal and Israel are banned from BitMeTV for sure.

They also once made this statement:

Some poland IP range is also baned on BitMeTV

surgat
25.12.08, 00:49
Brazilian Isralian Romanian ban all country then , so your download is always = 0 :klatsch_3: this is paranoia guys !

Aurion
25.12.08, 02:53
Well,that's normal nowadays,we saw dummy admins deciede wither they like a bunch of members or not,then the next thing we find about another banned country added to the list...I said that before..this is way LAME decision admins got to chose...but at the end it's their own tracker...anyway,I guess it's plain fair if those admins descussed about banning a country first on forums before doing it,that at least will give real innocent members to try talking to admins about giving them certain exceptions with certain IP ranges...

labrat
25.12.08, 08:02
i bet their irc help channel will be full of people complaining/begging etc. now :(

anon
25.12.08, 20:07
this is paranoia guys !

For them it's protecting their tracker, since, taking apart whether it's fair or not, the reasons for the country blocking are based on facts - a large chunk of people from the banned country cheating/dupe accounting/etc. which they don't want.

@Aurion: scammers would beg their country isn't banned :biggrin:

Jokes apart, I agree with that. They could pre-announce country X is going to be banned, so as to give honest members the chance to speak with admins, get an static IP if possible, and be given a chance to stay inside, instead of having to do the same through the IRC, and having needed to tunnel their traffic to reach it in the first place, should the country also be banned from the chat server.

reavlin
25.12.08, 22:16
looks like they are trying to get the server running proper....yay.

anon
29.12.08, 16:36

Post deleted, because it's a 1:1 copy of CindyVer's:

GGGonk
05.01.09, 10:41
So Israel can still accept What.CD invites as long as they're personally given?

mike
15.01.09, 14:11
Heres a list I c&p from another site

* SCC: bans Israel, Poland, Egypt, Brazil and Romania
* Swedvdr: you need to be in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland (all other IPs are banned).
* ScT: Poland, Israel and Romania
* HDBits.org: Poland, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, China
* Demonoid: bans Belgium
* TorrentBytes: bans Israel
* BCG: bans (parts of) Brazil
* TorrentLeech: bans all or most of Israel (probably all).
* BitMeTV: has banned Israel, some IP ranges in Brazil, Croatia, Poland and countless others.
* India’s #1 Internet provider (BSNL) is banned by HDBits.org and many other trackers.

Se7Ven
15.01.09, 15:37
:confused: ..from whrere you take this information mike???

anon
15.01.09, 16:04
I think he took it from the FSF Romania Ban (http://filesharefreak.com/2008/12/28/private-trackers-announce-global-ban-of-romania/) article.

Pickle
16.01.09, 17:07
several show their amatour approach at cheating all romanian cheaters get banned. That seems not ok but if you have a tracker that is logical.