PDA

View Full Version : µTorrent Turbo Booster v2.0.3.0

SealLion
20.12.08, 20:49
I'm looking to get some info on this proggy.

I'd like to know if anyone has:

1. Ever heard of this proggy;

2. Its actual effectiveness or not;

uTorrent Turbo Booster is a recent plug-in designed to improve the functionality of probably the most popular P2P file sharing application around – uTorrent. This tool comes equipped with modern technology that aims at getting your download speed way up so you can grab the files you want so badly much quicker than you’ve been used to. Movies, music, games, applications, you name it - uTorrent Turbo Booster will deliver at a fast pace. It will be there doing its job in the background without upsetting any other activity you might perform on your computer...........

Another benefit you’ll gain by using this high-end module is a higher number of download sources - more seeds will be available to you than normally discovered by your uTorrent.

A crucial element in choosing a proper accelerator such as this is reaching a full Internet connection tolerating at the same time minimal requirements – well, uTorrent Turbo Booster does them both. Your bandwidth will get its highest capability and you’ll get low CPU and a happy face........

4. Any other comments or info you've come across re: this application.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/733/utboosterur5.jpg

Would I be wasting my time with this proggy??

anon
20.12.08, 20:52
1. Yes, I've heard of it,

2. It does nothing. It's just a placebo, and nothing else. In my tests, it didn't even use network connectivity at all. Again, it doesn't do anything at all. Furthermore, programs like this often (but not always) come bundled with malware, from what I've heard..

3. so yes, you'd be totally wasting your time.

(4. I have broken the link in your post to avoid giving the app more exposure.)

SealLion
20.12.08, 21:03
4. I have broken the link in your post to avoid giving the app more exposure.)

Ya. I know, thats ok.
I'm not worried about that.
Actually, I wanted to place a pic instead.

anyways....when you tried the program, did you try it on more than one torrent??

Did you also read other reviews from other users that gave thier opinions as well on this same program??

did they also say that this program is a waste of time??

anon
20.12.08, 22:11
Ya. I know, thats ok.
I'm not worried about that.
Actually, I wanted to place a pic instead.

That should be fine - so that it's possible to see how the app looks without downloading it or making it climb up in Google.

anyways....when you tried the program, did you try it on more than one torrent??

I tried probably all possible combinations: one torrent vs multiple torrents, well-seeded torrents vs very small swarms, etc. There was never a significant speed increase than if I hadn't ran the tool.

Did you also read other reviews from other users that gave thier opinions as well on this same program??

did they also say that this program is a waste of time??

Yes; 90% of reviewers said it, and that the tool didn't do anything, and the remaining 10% attributed it "speed increases" that could very well be explained as part of the BitTorrent protocol's dynamicity (i.e. less than 10kB/s in big swarms).

As if all this wasn't enough, if you google "(name of P2P program here) accelerator", "turbo booster" or "acceleration patch", you'll find hundreds of sites from companies that sell programs like this that are exactly the same, with just their name changed, and that of course don't boost anything at all.

SealLion
21.12.08, 00:42
As if all this wasn't enough, if you google "(name of P2P program here) accelerator", "turbo booster" or "acceleration patch", you'll find hundreds of sites from companies that sell programs like this that are exactly the same, with just their name changed, and that of course don't boost anything at all.

Ya. Thats what I figured too.

WEll, I take it then that the advertising in quotes is basically another form of 'economic-propaganda', then.

Well. Glad to have come across this info from you, Anon. I was about to install this thing but I wanted to see if anyone had actually come across any significant and positive results in having used this thing.

anon
21.12.08, 15:52
It's no problem - glad you haven't installed it. I was once curious like you about how these kind of tools would influence download speeds; and well, let's just say you can only gain experience by trying things. :biggrin:

That's how my old WinXP install got extremely bloated and loaded with unneeded stuff, and I've learnt from that too - my current one is as minimalistic and optimized as possible, and also I use Sandboxie way more often. :tongue: