PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Mr. Gates, Hello Vista Woes

Snitlev
20.12.08, 16:20
Despite the troubles with Vista, Microsoft noted some remarkable milestones in 2008

What went wrong? This was supposed to be the year of Windows Vista. Instead, it turned out to be another banner year for Windows XP in 2008.

Quelle: InternetNews Realtime IT News - Goodbye, Mr. Gates, Hello Vista Woes (http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3792306/Goodbye+Mr+Gates+Hello+Vista+Woes.htm)

best regards

yoco
20.12.08, 20:17
Good thing I didn't try Vista :tongue:

Aurion
26.12.08, 01:28
lol they just announce it publicly now...what a mess MS is :S

pi_1st
27.12.08, 23:21
i use vista for quite some time, i think it's ok

i don't think it worse if compared to my XP system. overall the stability is improved
you just have to make sure to install the lastest service pack to increase the performance and do the latest update to secure the system

dmt
04.01.09, 03:01
besides the memory usage vista isn`t all that bad. i have 8 gig`s memory so gaming not a problem. what i dont like it the user account control. i disabled that

surgat
04.01.09, 03:36
i have xp for many years no problem , i had used vista but cause problem with my hardware , i become again with my windows xp and now never problem , i think that vista was a big flop

pi_1st
07.01.09, 14:25
vista have new driver architecture that is different with xp that's why your hardware have problem with vista. you should contact your hardware manufacturer or try to find the new driver for vista that support your hardware. but if it's a very old hardware then.. i have no comment..

the good news is windows7 uses the same architecture with vista so it will supports the ever increasing hardwares that vista used to support compared to the aging xp