PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 Steam Bound

unknown
26.10.08, 10:43
With less than a week to go before Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG Fallout 3 is released in North America, Valve Software sent word today that the title will also be hitting Steam. This marks the first time a Bethesda-developed effort has hit Valve's digital distribution service.

"Fallout 3 is one of the most important PC launches of 2008," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "Last year, we were able to deliver major releases such as Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 to the millions of gamers connected to Steam. With Fallout 3 added to the line up of great titles coming to Steam, this year promises to be an even better holiday season for Steam gamers."

At $49.99, the digital version will carry the same price point as its retail counterpart. For those interested, pre-orders are currently open, but no incentive is being given out at this time. Fallout 3 is scheduled to hit the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on October 28.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9286/fallout33aq4.jpg

Source: Fallout 3 Steam Bound - eXophase.com (http://exophase.com/ps3/fallout-3-steam-bound-8549.htm)

anon
26.10.08, 16:43
@unknown: thanks for your post, but you forgot putting the excerpt between QUOTE tags and linking to the source. Also, don't hotlink images - reupload them to ImageShack or another hoster.

I have done this for you this time. :wink:

unknown
26.10.08, 17:02
oh, thanks for that.
I am still learning ^^ next time I will do it right.

Aurion
26.10.08, 23:41
Good for them to get promoted thru Valve's promotion system....Dying to play it very soon

anon
26.10.08, 23:44
@unknown: it's no problem :smile:

@Aurion: yes, but I think Valve and their Steam is monopolyzing the video game market :biggrin:
Not so much time ago all you could find on Steam was a handful of Valve's own games, and now it has hundreds of titles from a lot of different developers...

Aurion
27.10.08, 01:13
@Aurion: yes, but I think Valve and their Steam is monopolyzing the video game market :biggrin:
Not so much time ago all you could find on Steam was a handful of Valve's own games, and now it has hundreds of titles from a lot of different developers...

This is 100% right ! you know how market's healthy if affected by monopolizing ? it raises too many market segments including the Retail departments which just leads to bigger inflation rates that on the same way take down stock shares & bonds....so yeah being a major company like that might get the produced products just into the bottle's nick ! :rolling_eyes: