PDA

View Full Version : Vera set for crucial test against Jardine

zatoicchi
19.10.08, 03:34
Brandon Vera is coming off a life-changing experience, but right now he doesn’t have the time to focus on or think about it.

On Oct. 4, while at the home of his grappling trainer, Lloyd Irvin, in Accokeek, Md., Irvin’s home was broken into by two gunmen at 4:30 a.m.

The gunmen pointed their weapons at Vera, Irvin, along with Irvin’s wife and young son, while demanding cash and jewelry.

While one gunmen focused on Vera, the other forced Irvin to go into the bedroom to get the family jewelry. While in the bedroom, feeling he was far enough away that he wouldn’t be putting his family in jeopardy, Irvin made a move and disarmed the gunman.

The intruder ran off, screaming to his partner that the guy had got the gun, and his partner then also ran off.

But with Vera in the final stages of training, only a few days before leaving for the United Kingdom for his UFC 89 fight on Saturday night with Keith Jardine in Birmingham, he’s tried as best he can to remove it from his mind.

“I don’t want to talk about it until after the fight,” Vera said. “We were back training the next day.”

There was little choice, as this fight is the proverbial fork in the road for Vera’s career, and he’s facing a fighter in almost the same situation.

Vera set for crucial test against Jardine (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AhTtx.bjuxy1elxfbN26SK89Eo14?slug=dm-vera101708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Tekrader
26.12.08, 18:03
Hi,
I am a huge MMA fan.

Jardine won (not to my surprise).

I think Vera is just overrated while Jardine is underrated by many. Especially after the pounding the Axe Murderer gave him.

Regards

pi_1st
27.12.08, 15:42
the gunmen just have no idea :)