PDA

View Full Version : Possible problem with Firefox 3.0.3

divlord
18.10.08, 09:11
The problem I am having right now with FF 3.0.3 is that many times,the pages loaded show some junk gifs and pngs.
Below are the screenshots of the same page at the same time in chrome and Firefox 3.0.3. Many times this problem occurs in opera too. But it never occurred in chrome.

screenshot in FF 3.0.3
http://i34.tinypic.com/6i4t1e.jpg

screenshot in chrome
http://i34.tinypic.com/4jnwp4.jpg

And many times in FF 3.0.3 and opera after entering some URL in the adressbar,
instead of the page, only some arbitrary gif is loaded with the whole page white blank. This is not happening right now so cant post the screen but this occurred previously, so screenshot of history
http://i36.tinypic.com/6og9j8.jpg

whats the problem here?? I guess its because I keep tweaking around, like applying tcpoptimizer etc.
FF 3.0.3 and opera work perfect on ubuntu.

hitman
18.10.08, 12:17
about the image problem try to delete the cache of ff i had a similar problem a lot of times

divlord
18.10.08, 16:08
I tried deleting all. cache,cookies,history,authenticated sessions etc.But dint work

This thing messes up all positions of links and images.
For example, due to this all links like
browse ,faq,logout, profile,donate staff etc on some private trackers site get misplaced, So i click browse, but action is "logout".

for one more example, thie is what i see below this post
http://i38.tinypic.com/m83gop.jpg

how come that avatar icon is showing up in there?

SealLion
18.10.08, 21:42
YOu mentioned that you did some tweaking around.

What would happen if you momentarily went back to the default tweaks.

And then tweaked one at a time with something that you were satisfied, then??

are you able to recall what the tweaks were that you altered so as to recall to the defaults??

EDIT: by the way....TCP optimizer got nothing to do with it. Thats just got to do with yur connection.
Thats all.

divlord
18.10.08, 22:23
I dont recall. Actually for quite long time I was thinking that it was the problem with the site. So its been little long to remember what made it like that.

anon
18.10.08, 23:45
Neither I nor vDD+wR have this problem when using Firefox (nor in Opera, for that matter).
For me it looks like a cache prob, and as you've mentioned doing some tweaking...
Try this and check if it persists:

Delete all private data again, close FF, go to

%appdata%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<your profile name>
and move everything to a separate folder. Also go to

%appdata%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
and move your profile somewhere else. Same for

%appdata%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

If after doing these steps you no longer have the issue, it's most likely one of the tweaks you've applied. Try to recall all of them to see which one may have been the cause. If you can't, put for profiles back where they were, and delete/move the prefs.js inside your profile's folder inside the 3rd path I've posted. You'll lose all your settings, but the prob should be solved.

Aurion
19.10.08, 00:45
Well,I guess a couple of solutions were already dropped in here,but still I just want to say that I occasionally have such problems from time to time,just a simple Refresh click would solve it,otherwise,just try to delete all your prefrences/settings to see what happens,below are some alternatives :

1. Go to Options > delete private files/coockies

2. Go to Starts > All programs > Accessories > Systemtools > Disk Cleanup and delete everything related to caching.

3. Go to %temp% using Start > Run and delete everything inside there including any hidden files.

4. If any of the above worked then just use a system sweaper such as TuneUp to properly optimize messed up settings or just do the prefs.ini move part that anon mentioned,hopefull it solves a bit.

anon
19.10.08, 00:49
He already tried deleting private data and refreshing. Also, it's prefs.js and not prefs.ini :wink:

But emptying the TEMP folder may help indeed. :top:

Aurion
19.10.08, 01:23
He already tried deleting private data and refreshing. Also, it's prefs.js and not prefs.ini :wink:

Yeah I know,but I mean the .ini file that defines all personal infor the user who uses this specific application...I guess this also exists in FF folder or the app data folder.

anon
19.10.08, 01:26
There are a few INIs in FF's Program Files and Application Data folders indeed, but the most they hold is application and extension version information.
Users' preferences are stored at prefs.js...

Aurion
19.10.08, 01:32
Yeah,that's why I also mentioned he should check them for any altered changes that might affect the personal info for his PC...anyway,let's wait for his answer to see what happened...

anon
19.10.08, 01:34
Yeah,that's why I also mentioned he should check them for any altered changes that might affect the personal info for his PC...

Did you? When and where :tongue:

divlord
19.10.08, 05:31
Neither I nor vDD+wR have this problem when using Firefox (nor in Opera, for that matter).
For me it looks like a cache prob, and as you've mentioned doing some tweaking...
Try this and check if it persists:

Delete all private data again, close FF, go to

%appdata%Local SettingsApplication DataMozillaFirefoxProfiles<your profile name>
and move everything to a separate folder. Also go to

%appdata%Local SettingsApplication DataMozillaFirefoxProfiles
and move your profile somewhere else. Same for

%appdata%Application DataMozillaFirefoxProfiles

If after doing these steps you no longer have the issue, it's most likely one of the tweaks you've applied. Try to recall all of them to see which one may have been the cause. If you can't, put for profiles back where they were, and delete/move the prefs.js inside your profile's folder inside the 3rd path I've posted. You'll lose all your settings, but the prob should be solved.

I have some misunderstanding doing this...
If I type %appdata% in my folder's addressbar, it goes to

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
So all the paths you gave, dont work

But I deleted everything from

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

and

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

The next run started asking for importing bookmarks.with all extentiona and settings gone, but still this (http://i38.tinypic.com/m83gop.jpg) was consistent. So I guess there is something else wrong, because opera also creates troubles like this.

Aurion
19.10.08, 05:45
I have some misunderstanding doing this...
If I type %appdata% in my folder's addressbar, it goes to

So all the paths you gave, dont work

nah,you just have to write it in the Run bar located in : Start > Run > type the path you want & press enter to access that folder & so on...

or just navigate thru the address bar in any folder you are in to the specified target you want to hit...

divlord
19.10.08, 06:01
http://i38.tinypic.com/oiyoaw.jpg

See, above is what I was talking about. I enter this site's home address and it loads a gif.

And in opera
this shows up (http://i36.tinypic.com/33v2654.jpg)

But if I hit reload, then the the page actually loads and works fine.

In chrome, everything is alright.

anon
19.10.08, 17:51
@divlord: yes, I wrote the wrong path, I meant %userprofile% instead of %appdata%. Sorry for the inconvenience. :smile:

I think both FF and Opera have an option called "Enable HTTP 1.1 for proxy": try toggling (enable if disabled, disable if enabled) it and checking if the problem persists.

divlord
19.10.08, 18:00
in about:config in Firefox
network.http.proxy.version string's value is 1.1 (which is default)

You mean I should change that value to 1.0 ??

anon
19.10.08, 18:05
Yes, try doing that.

divlord
19.10.08, 19:00
@anon , I did that, Dint help.
This trouble wasnt there a week or two back.

anon
19.10.08, 19:06
Check if it happens with Firefox 2 or Opera 9.27. Portable versions are available:
FF 2 (http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/portablefirefox/Firefox_Portable_2.0.0.1_en-us.paf.exe)
Opera 9.27 (http://www.opera-usb.com/download/opera927en.zip)

divlord
19.10.08, 19:26
Same trouble in FF2 too.:mad2:

anon
19.10.08, 19:52
What about Opera? Maybe you can also check IE.

If the problem persists maybe you can ask at the Firefox and Opera support, since there are no issues with Chrome. I have kind of ran out of ideas for now... :frown:

divlord
19.10.08, 19:56
Yeah, I am also feeling to let it go. I guess thats it. I will tell you if this gets solved

Aurion
19.10.08, 21:43
What about Opera? Maybe you can also check IE.

If the problem persists maybe you can ask at the Firefox and Opera support, since there are no issues with Chrome. I have kind of ran out of ideas for now... :frown:

Well,I recall having those weird errors in my FF but I just remember that upon clicking the refresh button,everything goes normal once again...:confused:

Maybe,I need to do some of my old Digging...

anon
20.10.08, 20:52
That's exactly the same that happens to him...
Aurion, as you of course seem to have somehow solved the issue ever since, I'd be good if you could remember what you did so that he can try that out, too! :top:

Aurion
20.10.08, 21:38
Well,as I mentioned earlier,I just did a couple of refresh then closed/restarted FF for any stuck ups to go away,and it was solved....

hey divlord: maybe you can try uninstalling/reinstalling your FF after deleting anything & everything related to the browsing cache & temp folder..that might help

anon
20.10.08, 23:58
Well,as I mentioned earlier,I just did a couple of refresh then closed/restarted FF for any stuck ups to go away,and it was solved....

Of course. :wink:
But for you the problem is gone forever, while for him it's not after doing those same steps. :frown:

hey divlord: maybe you can try uninstalling/reinstalling your FF after deleting anything & everything related to the browsing cache & temp folder..that might help

He's already cleared his cache and cookies :wink:
But reinstalling Firefox is a good idea. Even though he's also tried a portable FF2 with a clean config, and had the same issue... :confused:

Aurion
21.10.08, 02:09
He's already cleared his cache and cookies :wink:
But reinstalling Firefox is a good idea. Even though he's also tried a portable FF2 with a clean config, and had the same issue... :confused:

Yeah I guess he should really try uninstalling then reinstalling his current setup...and let's say get a fresh new downloaded FF to make sure if anything's already inside your PC won't affect in backups....so try that & feed us back with results ASAP !

divlord
23.10.08, 18:24
That problem is all gone now. I dont know how it got solved. I just noticed that I had not noticed that garbage for a day or two.

Aurion
23.10.08, 19:04
That problem is all gone now. I dont know how it got solved. I just noticed that I had not noticed that garbage for a day or two.

Maybe it was a RAM glitch man,something related to caching pictures off the memory,sometimes everything seems to be stuck in your PC,and the next moment,it's all gone ! :biggrin:

Glad to hear it's solved :top: