PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Chernobyl

SealLion
14.10.08, 04:31
I came across a really interesting site.

I thought that yu might like the views from this site.

If you like pics of Urban Exploration, you might like these pictures.

CHERNOBYL: This should never happen again! (319 photos) **-** mdolla (http://www.mdolla.com/2008/10/chernobyl-this-should-never-happen.html)

I highly RECOMMEND that yu allow the web page to load with all the pictures that are there.

Go do something else for a few moments while the page loads with all the pics.

have a look at the military compound with all the old military equipment. Those Russian Helicoptors there are huge. The compound itself is also quite large.

enjoy.

Aurion
14.10.08, 15:35
WTF :shockkk!::shockkk!: man I couldn't believe that,a couple of posted pictures over there are taken exactly 100% from real life & put into Call Of Duty 4 (Sniper Mission)....if you played that awesome game,you will surely remember,take a look :

This one is shown in the game's trailer when you first launch the game & in the begining of the Sniper mission :

http://i34.tinypic.com/rgw0lw.jpg

Also reviewed in the begining of that mission :

http://i35.tinypic.com/9rp1eh.jpg

Another one in the begining of the mission & upon launching the game :

http://i37.tinypic.com/2yl6zvo.jpg

damn,this one is so real man,it's shown exactly with every single detail inside the mission while you will go thru the window to the tornado game outside the yard :

http://i37.tinypic.com/23ih3ds.jpg

The jumping board of the pool,also you can see it by toggling upside :

http://i33.tinypic.com/xlcylg.jpg

Shown in the begining of the game & in the end of the mission,also is the extraction point where you have to wait for like 15 minutes before the "BigBird" grabs ya :biggrin:

http://i38.tinypic.com/snoq2u.jpg

very nice find SealLion,REP added :top: reminded me with such an interesting game....it's that I couldn't imagine that those scenes are taken from live places :D

SealLion
14.10.08, 17:22
Ya. I thougth that those pictures were pretty cool, too.

did you see all the gas masks too near the end / bottom of the web page??

I still can't imagine how the place looks after complete human abandonment.

I guess one could think of Chernobyl as how the planet would look like if all humans were gone.

vDD+wR
14.10.08, 17:31
man I couldn't believe that,a couple of posted pictures over there are taken exactly 100% from real life & put into Call Of Duty 4 (Sniper Mission)

yeah i have to admit it too that those are really impressive pictures, and what came first into my mind was COD 4 :wink:
as i have never seen the real places before it looked like that they've just copied the game..:cool: (but of course i know that its the other way around :rolleyes:)

but isnt it dangerous to walk there around without a gasmask?
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6238/12101656611107ee2.jpg

Aurion
14.10.08, 18:48
did you see all the gas masks too near the end / bottom of the web page??

I still can't imagine how the place looks after complete human abandonment.

I guess one could think of Chernobyl as how the planet would look like if all humans were gone.

Complete boring to death...:eek: Surely no one would ever want to feel that way I guess

yeah i have to admit it too that those are really impressive pictures, and what came first into my mind was COD 4 :wink:
as i have never seen the real places before it looked like that they've just copied the game..:cool: (but of course i know that its the other way around :rolleyes:)

but isnt it dangerous to walk there around without a gasmask?

Well,yeah But I guess the Military facilities have assured that those ares are fully clean of any Nuclear radiations that might harm any visitors :top:

jolas
14.10.08, 21:46
the way nature is taking over chernobyl is beautifull.

its sad and we may hope never again for something like this to happen again.

Great Job SeaLion wonderfull photo documentary.

Aurion
14.10.08, 22:32
Even the Russians themselves,hope that disaster won't happen again at all...lots of people got homeless & diseased due to over radiated chemical moleculars in the thin air floating around near by countries harming hundreds & thousands of people :frown:

Manas
14.10.08, 23:25
Really shocking images... :shockkk!:

I'm honestly shocked about the real dimensions of this disaster. Of course, I knew that it had been terrible etc. but I couldn't imagine it- and seeing it now with my own eyes is a lot different.

I wonder what would happen to my place if such a tragedy happened :eek:
Theses houses in Chernobyl once also have been homes of families :eek13:

anon
14.10.08, 23:47
I'm honestly shocked about the real dimensions of this disaster. Of course, I knew that it had been terrible etc. but I couldn't imagine it- and seeing it now with my own eyes is a lot different.

I thought the same, too: it's when you see how things ended up yourself that you can have your own outlook.

Just finished seeing all the pics myself - @SealLion: saw the tank, helicopter and gasmask you mentioned. It's a bit like a mixture of old and new, seeing life grow around the places a nuclear explosion that ended it all for thousands once hit. Also remember the wind spread for most of Europe, so Ukraine wasn't the only country affected.

I think Chernobyl has shown how destructive nuclear energy can be if something goes wrong...

And talking about game related to this, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. kind of sprang to mind here.

Snitlev
15.10.08, 04:37
http://www.pixelpress.org/chernobyl/pix/home_pict1.jpgnewshttp://www.tobiasth.de/blog/uploads/paul_fusco_tschernobil.jpghttp://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~dmcmill/Images/Web%20Design/Home%20Page.jpg

I'll hope that doesn't happen in the Future Time, sorry for my English, but I hope the People all offer the World have understand this Message and he learnt of the mistake!

SealLion
15.10.08, 06:27
thanks for your comments everyone. I didn't think that the pics {I know there were lots of them. It took me about 1/2 hours or so for all the pics to load} would have such an interest.

Apparantly, from what I recall reading somewhere, the Ukranians were, are, or already have, built a second sarcophagus around the nuclear reactor that leaked radiation.

Nuclear Energy is actually very efficient and very safe. A lot of misconceptions about Nuclear Energy is based on fears. Personally, after having had some education on it in school, nuclear power is actually very safe.

In my own home country, there is some talk of building a nuclear power plant in my home province. Honestly, I hope it goes ahead. It saves the planet from the use of fossil fuels. Its also very clean.

For those of you interested in knowing where. Here is where a nuclear reactor is thought of being built. :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_sands

This is basically the place where we make money off, of the Americans...harharharharhar.
We own them.

The kind of things that happened in Chernobyl, Bhopal {INdia}, as well as 3 Mile Island {somewhere down in the states...don't know where, though.Sorry:frown:}
don't happen that often. Its just some unfortunate circumstance or error that was not supervised correctly.

I think that nuclear energy is quite safe. Like I mentioned. Its just misconceptions, lack of education, and fears brought about by fear-mongers who suffer from lack of education on the matter.....at least thats what I feel and believe.

sure. Its really unfortunate that what happened in Chernobyl and India, where about 3000 pple died {at least thats what I understood. Cant quite recall as that happened so long ago}.

But how often do you have nuclear accidents versus global car accidents where who knows how many pple die each year around the globe due to drunk driving, or pedestrian accidents, or whatever.
Or even through wars. "Which is even worse, of course.

I still feel that nuclear energy is clean, effective, and safe when used, worked with, and supervised correctly by government and supervisory agencies.

Also. Did anyone happen to see what those red vehicles were in the pictures of Chernobyl??

Were they fire trucks of some kind or were they some sort of military vehicle that had some kind of missle launcher??

Snitlev
15.10.08, 12:24
sorry, he is only of German League / 22 Jahre nach Tschernobyl: Die Atomindustrie hat nichts dazu gelernt

28.04.2008 Kurz vor dem 22. Jahrestag der Reaktorkatastrophe in Tschernobyl hat die Atomindustrie mit Verstuschungsmanövern rund um einen Reaktorunfall in Spanien von sich reden gemacht. Zudem häufen sich die Meldungen von kostspieligen Verspätungen und Sicherheitsmängeln bei den als «Flaggschiffe einer neuen Reaktoren-Generation» angepriesenen Anlagen in Frankreich und Finnland.

Atomkraftwerk (AKW) Tschernobyl in der Ukraine. Sarkophag, der den vierten Block umgibt, welcher im April 1986 explodiert ist.Aufgenommen am 15.11.1994 © Clive Shirley/Signum / Greenpeace

Am 5. April dieses Jahres enthüllte Greenpeace, dass ein Unfall im spanischen Reaktor Asco-I von der Betreiberin Endesa/Iberdrola monatelang verschwiegen worden war. Dies obwohl der Unfall eine erhebliche Kontamination der Umgebung zur Folge hatte. Erst unter einer erdrückenden Beweislast gab das Unternehmen zu, dass die Kontamination mindestens 100fach stärker war als ursprünglich behauptet.

Derweil haben in Frankreich die Inspektoren der staatlichen Atomsicherheitsbehörde nur drei Monate nach Baubeginn des Atomkraftwerks Flamanville 3 eine ganze Reihe von Problemen mit dem «European Pressurised Reactor» (EPR) aufgedeckt. Flamanville 3 ist der zweite Versuch des Atomunternehmens Areva, einen EPR zu bauen. Das erste Projekt, Olkiluoto-3 in Finnland, liegt im Baufahrplan mittlerweile zwei Jahre zurück, liegt bereits weit über dem Budget und weist gravierende Sicherheitsmängel auf.

Für Greenpeace ist Atomenergie keine Lösung im Kampf gegen den Klimawandel. Statt einer teuren und nach wie vor hochriskanten Technologie aus dem letzten Jahrhundert braucht es die Energie-Revolution mit erneuerbaren Energien und Energieeffizienz.

I hope you translate this in english...

Dagon
15.10.08, 16:08
if u go more east u found more regions like this. there are dangerous places. and if u show u are foreigner u are endangered.

Mfg Dagon

Aurion
16.10.08, 20:50
Well,the bad thing about this disaster is that lots of people got homeless,healthless & most of all diseased with Cancer related infections that affected many part of North Europe along to the western coast....hopefully nothing does happen such that again

naruto21
17.10.08, 04:05
Uh.. I feel pity for the one who suffered from the explosion.

Aurion
17.10.08, 19:10
hope no country get nuked ever since or get into such a disaster...

SealLion
18.10.08, 00:11
hope no country get nuked ....

NOw thats a whole new ballgame, Aurion.

when the threat of extremists exists that might purchase some nuclear warhead or device from some country that wants to sell it to the highest bidder. There's no telling what could happen.

I did hear a couple of years ago, before Putin came into office when he did, back in the 1990's, that there were some close calls of nuclear weapons that were fortunatly not stolen even when that weaponry was unguarded by the gaurdsmen.

And also of weaponry that was stolen, yet recovered by the Russians.

did you know that??

I think that at that point is when you saw a burst of interest from western countries in how Russia handled its nuclear storage and safety.

That all happened not long after the collapse of the Soviet state too.

when you have countries like North Korea searching for the right materials to get what they want, and then even should they go get it, could you imagine the potentials existing should some organization decide to buy some of their high grade {or low grade, I don' t know which} plutonium??

As I said, Aurion. thats a whole new ballgame.

This is only one, of the many reasons, why some governments are so very much concerned about North Korea's nuclear proliferation.

Countries like yours and mine are responsible enough to manage nuclear activities.

But when you have goverments that only exist to maintain thier own gain, rather than the country's gain, as a whole, you have elements that become desirous of wanting to stay in power regardless of what it takes.

I used to be on MSN chat. I used to chat with some pple from China. Believe it or not, the Chinese pple are fed propaganda about North Korea. They are told by thier own goverment that North Korea is thier own countrie's friend. That Kim Il Sung {I think thats his name}, is a good man. A good leader for his pple.

Have you ever seen some of the documentaries about North Korea??

I am sure that you could find some on the internet from Bitme, docstorrents.ro, or even TPB, if you looked.

I would say they are absolutely astounding if not astonishing.

Filming in that country is forbidden by journalists, of course. The film had to be smuggled out.

The capital is clean and all that. But deserted. Children eating from the mud b/c there exists no food for them. The health care system is worse than worse itself.

The people there genuinly love thier leader. Thats b/c they are fed propaganda and lies from his goverment.

Is there a possiblility of a rebellion by the North Koreans against thier own government??.....Unlikely.

ITs not fear, though thats one factor. But its mostly due to the fact that they have been fed so many untruths by thier own goverment for over 40 years that they are the only country that has paradise. AS a matter of fact, it was once studied by the US to invade that country.

Nothing ever came of it, of course. Its not so much as defeating the army that would be one problem. Its trying to defeat the people there. The people there would defend thier home country tooth and nail.

KInd of like whats happening in Iraq right now. Where you have the insurgents fighting the invaders tooth and nail with all they've got to get them out.

Could the insurgents there get nuclear weapons?? I wouldn't put it past them.

I'm getting way past the topic here, aren't I??

But anyways...some interesting conversation to pick up on. Hell. Its my thread. I can do what I want with it. Yes??

Snitlev
18.10.08, 03:13
sorry it's german :rolleyes:
Deutscher Ingenieur zu fünfeinhalb Jahren Haft verurteilt

Wegen Beteiligung an der Entwicklung einer Atomwaffe ist ein deutscher Ingenieur zu fünfeinhalb Jahren Haft verurteilt worden. Das Stuttgarter Gericht sah es als erwiesen an, dass der Angeklagte gegen das Kriegswaffenkontrollgesetz verstossen hat.
Quelle: Atomschmuggel fr Libyen (Panorama, NZZ Online) (http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/panorama/atomschmuggel_libyen_deutscher_1.1120255.html)

I hope that never use for the Terror

best Regards
Snitlev

SealLion
18.10.08, 04:47
EDIT: sorry. Decided to edit.

Snitlev
18.10.08, 05:25
EDIT: sorry. Decided to edit.

This Message will be to give a Information, that is easilly to smuggle Nuke/Atom to the countrys , where built the terrorist (they supported the Terrorist) his Post over them explain a Men where smuggle Nuke for other things...:confused:

I hoppe you understand me a little more...

best reagards
Snitlev

PS. it's eary Time I must sleeply. have a nice day;.)

Aurion
19.10.08, 06:21
NOw thats a whole new ballgame, Aurion.

when the threat of extremists exists that might purchase some nuclear warhead or device from some country that wants to sell it to the highest bidder. There's no telling what could happen.

I did hear a couple of years ago, before Putin came into office when he did, back in the 1990's, that there were some close calls of nuclear weapons that were fortunatly not stolen even when that weaponry was unguarded by the gaurdsmen.

And also of weaponry that was stolen, yet recovered by the Russians.

did you know that??

I think that at that point is when you saw a burst of interest from western countries in how Russia handled its nuclear storage and safety.

That all happened not long after the collapse of the Soviet state too.

when you have countries like North Korea searching for the right materials to get what they want, and then even should they go get it, could you imagine the potentials existing should some organization decide to buy some of their high grade {or low grade, I don' t know which} plutonium??

Well,since you opened that discussion,I just want to drop some facts,here...facts that we all know or heard about since the mighty cold war....we all know that Russia was intentionally selling guns to vietnam just to piss off americans,that's why the US decided to go for a hot shot that lead to losing most of it's well trained promoted miletary officers...another good point to add here is that Russia was too happy expanding it's Nuclear base by selling those dozens of Nuclear Heads to whomever got the money to pay it's debts...so I guess it was obvious that it sounded normal first,but then propaganda with it's magical touch just made it looks like there is a fuss going on in the same time,some homosexual kids were playing with nukes in their gardenyard...

As I said, Aurion. thats a whole new ballgame.

This is only one, of the many reasons, why some governments are so very much concerned about North Korea's nuclear proliferation.

Countries like yours and mine are responsible enough to manage nuclear activities.

But when you have goverments that only exist to maintain thier own gain, rather than the country's gain, as a whole, you have elements that become desirous of wanting to stay in power regardless of what it takes.

I used to be on MSN chat. I used to chat with some pple from China. Believe it or not, the Chinese pple are fed propaganda about North Korea. They are told by thier own goverment that North Korea is thier own countrie's friend. That Kim Il Sung {I think thats his name}, is a good man. A good leader for his pple.

Have you ever seen some of the documentaries about North Korea??

Yeah,I have a couple of them already along with other documentaries for other incents in the world...don't get me wrong here....but why do we people always look at small rats as they are sharp teethy tigers ? in other words...when it comes to BIG Daddy world just stumble on some lousey news published around the globe just to prove that those tiny rats are making a huge mistake when they decide to improve their defensive techniques by getting or even producing some nukes...let me put this way,when the US made (or whatever it got it's first nuke from) it's very first nuke,whe in hell didn't the world whined about it ? or Russia or France,UK & others...oooh & even China....why when it comes to small countries like mine & yours,they just make a fuss about it ? don't we have same rights they do ? or is it prohibited on us just to improve our Military facilities the same way they do....it's also obvious my friend that the whole story didn't just blasted up of nothing,maybe I sound insane talking like that...but Hey come'n this is truth,those documentaries didn't mention already...

The capital is clean and all that. But deserted. Children eating from the mud b/c there exists no food for them. The health care system is worse than worse itself.

The people there genuinly love thier leader. Thats b/c they are fed propaganda and lies from his goverment.

Is there a possiblility of a rebellion by the North Koreans against thier own government??.....Unlikely.

ITs not fear, though thats one factor. But its mostly due to the fact that they have been fed so many untruths by thier own goverment for over 40 years that they are the only country that has paradise. AS a matter of fact, it was once studied by the US to invade that country.

Nothing ever came of it, of course. Its not so much as defeating the army that would be one problem. Its trying to defeat the people there. The people there would defend thier home country tooth and nail.

KInd of like whats happening in Iraq right now. Where you have the insurgents fighting the invaders tooth and nail with all they've got to get them out.

Could the insurgents there get nuclear weapons?? I wouldn't put it past them.

I'm getting way past the topic here, aren't I??

But anyways...some interesting conversation to pick up on. Hell. Its my thread. I can do what I want with it. Yes??

Well,I guess it's already good for them doing that...it's not shame defending what you believe nor a sin when it comes to your home land being insulted & charged with just crappy lies beyond the whole truth of being a peaceful country that just want to defend itself from further attacks,if we can say so,so it's most likely well known that whatever happened to those countries I still believe that it wasn't a mistake from the begining when they decided to get to the next level...

One last thing,commenting your last paragraph...Well I don't like what's happening down there in Iraq,since it wasn't meant to happen that way...Iraq was never know for terrorist actions in the past,nor Korea nor Iran...those countries are just getting to the next level...why always do BIG BOSS take the first peice of the pie ? why aren't they do first.....What's happening in Iraq now is way beyond imgainations...the whole same world that took the decidion to take down Iraq is now defending it by protesting in several countries to stop that manslaughter thing....

Just want to say,it's my right to chose how to live & what to do inside my country....Also don't forget "Freedom Forever" :smile:

SealLion
19.10.08, 18:33
some pple are meant to have a bad day:

Iraqi terrorist Khay Rahnajet didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb. It came back with "return to sender" stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits

Find the link for this here {iTs near the bottom}

And You Think You're Having A Bad Day? (http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/badday.htm)

anon
19.10.08, 18:46
Iraqi terrorist Khay Rahnajet didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb. It came back with "return to sender" stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits

A bit ironic, isn't it...

SealLion
19.10.08, 18:49
Ya. I thought so too. Maybe he was from out of town.

Aurion
19.10.08, 21:46
@SealLion: LOL man,I thought you will at least comment on some of my words mentioned in my post regarding your last essay....Anyway,yeah I guess most of people around the world are just having a couple of bad days,or else...:tongue:

Snitlev
08.11.08, 03:28
On April 1986, Soviet's Union Chernobyl nuclear plant exploded
letting out a massive amount of radiation that would debate of all
Russian citizens for hundreds of years to come. At exactly 1:21 am. on
April, 1986 inChernobyl, a city near the Pripiat River the No. 4
reactor exploded and released thirty to forty times the radiation of
the Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombing. The exact causes of the explosion
are not known , however scientists and researchers, under thorough
investigation, have uncovered possible causes to the explosion.1 The
main reason why the explosion occurred was that, the operators of the
plant were attempting to conduct an experiment with the emergency
cooling system turned off, they made six fatal errors which sealed
everyone's fate. Soviet officials clamed that if the technicians,
would have avoided at least one of those mistakes, then the plant
could have been saved.

History: Analysis of the Chernobyl Meltdown (http://www.cyberessays.com/History/77.htm)

History of the United Nations and Chernobyl

this was the USA Reaction
Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, April 26, 1986- the routine 20-second shut down of the system seemed to be another test of the electrical equipment. But seven seconds later, a surge created a chemical explosion that released nearly 520 dangerous radionuclides into the atmosphere. The force of the explosion spread contamination over large parts of the Soviet Union, now the territories of Belarus, Ukraine and Russia. According to official reports, thirty-one people died immediately and 600,000 “liquidators,” involved in fire fighting and clean-up operations, were exposed to the high doses of radiation. Based on the official reports, near 8,400,000 people in Belarus, Ukraine and Russia were exposed to the radiation, which is more than the population of Austria. About 155,000 sq. km of territories in the three countries were contaminated, which is almost half of the total territory of Italy. Agricultural areas covering nearly 52,000 sq. km, which is more than the size of Denmark, were contaminated with cesium-137 and strontium-90, with 30-year and 28-year half-lives respectively. Nearly 404,000 people were resettled but millions continued to live in an environment where continued residual exposure created a range of adverse effects.

The United Nations and Chernobyl (http://www.un.org/ha/chernobyl/history.html)

I hope that will be have never thrue at future...

Pickle
08.11.08, 05:11
still there are people who suffer from C., last month a man who had colon CA said that The cause of his illness is from foods which are affected from radiation and a little time later he died. These sort of things make me badly sick.

Aurion
08.11.08, 11:45
Yeah,you're right Pickle,it's shame that lots of guys are having other illnesses tho caused by those unhealthy radaitions gazed in the air...

Still,other countries still recovering from that crisis...