PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3.0.3 cookies problem

divlord
09.10.08, 20:15
The problem is everytime I close firefox all the cookies get deleted. So I have to relogin on all the sites when I open firefox again.
The cookies and clearing settings are alright as u can see below

http://i35.tinypic.com/2m6uxw6.jpg

I know there is very little scope of help in this case, but still if any of you might have faced it.
So any suggestions?

anon
09.10.08, 21:21
Yes, your settings look fine.

How do you know cookies are deleted? It can happen that they simply become invalid after you close your browser, and that's why you have to relogin.

Aurion
09.10.08, 21:25
yeah,that might happen for some weird reason,but don't you have any cleaning tool that wipe out coockies every now & then installed & running in the background ? also check if you just have any trojans/spywares in your machine...if not any one of those..then just do a clean install then restart (delete files + hidden ones located in the %temp% path before installing).

divlord
09.10.08, 22:18
@anon : after i open firefox and go to "show cookies" it just shows google.com cookies which is my homepage

@aurion : I checked the services and task manager processes, all look good

anon
09.10.08, 22:29
Try closing FF, going to the %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<your profile's name> folder, and deleting the cookies.txt and cookies.sqlite files.

divlord
09.10.08, 22:42
Try closing FF, going to the %appdata%MozillaFirefoxProfiles<your profile's name> folder, and deleting the cookies.txt and cookies.sqlite files.

I did that and it worked 100% fine. Problem got solved by deleting them.
:quote3: anon .

Aurion
10.10.08, 17:20
good to hear that problem got solved,anon just love Googling for solutions,Well Done :top: