PDA

View Full Version : What happened??

SealLion
08.10.08, 03:52
I made a couple of attempts to login.

This is what I got. Don't know if your able to see this, though.

IF you've got trouble seeing what the image says, click on the BAR, not on the IMAGE.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2849/20081007171452qu1.png (http://imageshack.us)

...couldn't figure what I did. Don't think that I did anything.

and I kept thinking: " And I don't even cheat on SBI"

i

LongbowArcher
08.10.08, 08:16
Yesterday at 11 p.m. i got this, too!
I think it was an error by the provider of the domain, not by the admin.

hitman
08.10.08, 13:33
well its nothing to worry about we are planing to change the server because the one where we are now cant hold the site anymore due to the from day to day faster growing user number. that was what yesterday happen the run to the site was to big :biggrin:.

SealLion
08.10.08, 16:30
Oh, I see. OK.

Aurion
08.10.08, 18:41
Congratz hitman...Good move my friend,Well Done ! :top:

anon
09.10.08, 00:35
I got desperate and had nothing to do when the board went down, too. :biggrin:

SB-I grows and grows... can you imagine the server load if we were linked to at Slashdot or Digg, for example? :klatsch_3:

SealLion
09.10.08, 01:34
@longbow: what is communitydark.com??....from your sig.

OPenDNS wouldn't let me go there. Its just blocking it, thats all.

But I'd be curiuos to know whats there, though.

yoco
09.10.08, 11:10
New server allready :klatsch_3:
I see really bright future for this community :wink2:

anon
09.10.08, 14:36
@longbow: what is communitydark.com??....from your sig.

OPenDNS wouldn't let me go there. Its just blocking it, thats all.

I haven't been able to access the site either, at school and both behind and not behind a proxy. Maybe it's down...

fromas
09.10.08, 17:08
I haven't been able to access the site either, at school and both behind and not behind a proxy. Maybe it's down...

yes it is

it was an emule leecher forum, i think...

Aurion
13.10.08, 00:01
Well,I guess that there is a serious problem over the server since I got multiple "Connection timed out/Reset/Suspended" errors constantly in less than 5 minutes...

anon
13.10.08, 00:13
I haven't had any of those connection timeout issues so far, but I'm getting the "account suspended" messages right now :S

LongbowArcher
13.10.08, 06:45
Oh communitydark was a leecher community but this site is down for years. My skills in photoshop are to bad to remove communitydark from my signature :/ Sorry about this :(

hitman
13.10.08, 13:42
Well,I guess that there is a serious problem over the server since I got multiple "Connection timed out/Reset/Suspended" errors constantly in less than 5 minutes...

the definition of this problem is that if the total counted user number per day is way over the limit you will see the suspended error for 1 or 2 hours. actually it is a good sign but we have to take care and resolve the problem with maybe a new powerfull server and better server provider

anon
13.10.08, 18:11
Yes, it's good since it means we have a lot of visitors :biggrin: But in the meantime the server dies because of the excessive traffic :frown:
A bit like the Slashdot effect :tongue:

Aurion
13.10.08, 18:13
but isn't it supposed to hold as much users as we like ? I mean there is no daily limits for users visits either for the forum or thru the server,isn't it ?

anon
13.10.08, 18:15
There isn't a user limit, but a bandwidth limit. :wink:

Aurion
13.10.08, 18:42
oooh,it's OK that way,I guess that's why the server always times out & gives the "Account Suspended" error msg when there isn't enough bandwith for the surf..

anon
13.10.08, 18:46
Yes, when it runs out of daily bandwidth. :top:
The SB-I index itself (without any images), for example, is ~220KB and downloaded all the time...

Aurion
13.10.08, 18:54
yeah but shouldn't that be uncapped ? I mean we surely pay for monthly expenses for their server rent,so it's not ethical at least to cut down bandwith even for a couple of hours daily,we pay to have full access whenever we like to...beside that all forums have more excessive usage during the day without having those time-out errors :redface:

anon
13.10.08, 19:00
Yes, of course, but understand that every hosting plan has its different limits according the cost, and you're assumed to accept this when signing up under that plan; Servage's cheapest plan offers 5010GB of monthly transfer for USD 6.45/mo, for example.

And if we had infinite bandwidth, we'd need to pay the same amount of money to the hoster. :biggrin:

Aurion
13.10.08, 19:04
yeah,I can understand that,still it's kinda nagging to have that suspended service msg all the time in periods of day that we really need to have the forum working...

anon
13.10.08, 19:05
Yes, of course it is. I didn't have anything to do when SB-I was down yesterday, either.

But those suspended messages will be gone soon :wink:

Aurion
13.10.08, 19:09
LOL not ONLY you,RB himself can't do nothing about it :biggrin: Hopefully we get this wiped out soon

anon
13.10.08, 19:11
LOL not ONLY you,RB himself can't do nothing about it :biggrin:

Nice double negative :biggrin:

Aurion
13.10.08, 19:46
should I do a double positive instead ? :biggrin: something like :

"If ONLY you,then RB will do something regarding it " :tongue:

anon
14.10.08, 00:51
No! :tongue:
I said "nice" because if Rebound can't do nothing about it, it must mean that he can do something about it. :biggrin:

Aurion
14.10.08, 16:01
I know what you mean,but grammatically It means that he can't do a thing about it :tongue:

anon
15.10.08, 23:08
Maybe :wink:

Now, back on topic. :wink:

SealLion
16.10.08, 05:05
Er.....scuze me, but what was the topic??..laughing to himself hilariously after reading thier posts. ---Disregard the damn grammer will ya.

anon
16.10.08, 18:13
Er.....scuze me, but what was the topic??..

The "account suspended" error message :wink:

laughing to himself hilariously after reading thier posts.

Yes, we went a bit far this time :biggrin:

Aurion
16.10.08, 20:59
Er.....scuze me,Disregard the damn grammer will ya.

LOL OK got it :biggrin:

Aurion
19.10.08, 03:06
now,is it normal what just happened ? anybody got that too ?! because I got |403 Forbidden" page for like 15 minutes shot...tried refreshing,reloading page,still that error page with the Host logo in the upper right side of the page :confused:

anon
19.10.08, 16:32
And with something related to "Apache server" at the bottom? Yes, I got it yesterday night, too.

But the new server is coming... :klatsch_3:

hitman
19.10.08, 16:46
now,is it normal what just happened ? anybody got that too ?! because I got |403 Forbidden" page for like 15 minutes shot...tried refreshing,reloading page,still that error page with the Host logo in the upper right side of the page :confused:

this was caused from us with reasons to not be shutted down for hours from the provider. 15 minutes is better then 2 or 3 hours :wink:

Aurion
20.10.08, 02:25
this was caused from us with reasons to not be shutted down for hours from the provider. 15 minutes is better then 2 or 3 hours :wink:

Yeah,RB discussed that with me yesterday...Now I guess we have to just wait & NJoy this new Booty :biggrin:

anon
20.10.08, 19:54
We're now on the new server! :top:

Aurion
20.10.08, 21:40
Yeah,guys now I think we all feel the Ultimate Speed within our mouse Clicks :biggrin:

So just NJoy Riding SB-I :top:

anon
20.10.08, 23:54
It feels a lot faster here too, even with Azureus and Ares uploading at full speed. :biggrin:

Aurion
21.10.08, 00:41
LOL yeah,I never shut down Azureus since I do have dozens of accounts to buffer,so I won't judge it while it's running...Still I was a nice speedy experience for me :cool: