PDA

View Full Version : What is bad about invite/account trading??

SealLion
07.10.08, 03:57
Yes, folks. I"m a complete cement head in knowing the answer to this life's perplexing question.

seriously. I could never really understand it. When I was banned from a certain high level invite forum for having affiliation with SBI {before I got banned from there----those shmucks!!:frown:--most pple here know that by now...but I don't really care. }, they dis-allowed tracker and invite trading. Apparantly, many others do as well.

I just visited FSF, and had a look at some of the innumerable invite forums that I am thinking of joining again. I"ll make up my mind later.

anyways....it mentions that a lot of forums are going away from this behavior.

By the life of me. I can't figure it out. Has the cement hardened???

i

Manas
07.10.08, 10:43
Why trading is bad?

It's easy: When you're trading your giving accounts or invites to persons you don't know- they could easily be a security risk. Invites should only be handed out to good, trusted and known people.

If I had a tracker I'd also be furious about trading. It shows that you don't care about the tracker's security at all but only look for your own profit.

My two cents :biggrin:

SealLion
07.10.08, 15:33
....... Invites should only be handed out to good, trusted and known people.

.......:

And if the invitee's turn out to be not so trustworthy after all.

Then what??

Basically, your back to square one.

Options
07.10.08, 17:13
mmm
the bad thing is if you trade with someone who isnt gonna use the tracker.
if he uses the tracker and download and seed, he is just like other members of that tracker, he is not diff with non trader members

Aurion
07.10.08, 19:14
actually it's very logical man that you don't trade or allow trades inside your play spot for some reasons,a few to mention are :

1. Trading can cause you some serious troubles as Manas mentioned that you might lose your invite/account if you offered the trade first in case that the invitee scammed you.

2. Another good reason is that if you made the deal just fine,and your invitee turned to be a spammer/scammer/trader/cheater,you will just get yourself a BAN ticket from that tracker.

3. technically,most trackers especially high level ones don't like those trading deals just for the simple reason that they don't like it to see their precious invites been handed over to duma$$ jerks (as most of them accuse)

divlord
07.10.08, 20:00
trading is bad because the people who do giveaways think that ppl will grab the giveaways invites just because they want to trade those accounts with some other tracker and so they might take the giveaways even though they dont need it.

Aurion
08.10.08, 19:08
sometimes,those giveaways also might get you banned especially if they were for high level trackers,since those trackers just assign ghost shopper who flow around inviting boards just to monitor how other members act regarding giving away their invites...anyway,it's kinda risky to trade or give away an invite for high level tracker knowing that you already got in so hard just to think to get yourself a free BAN ticket :tongue:

anon
09.10.08, 01:13
Trackers find it bad because you're supposed to invite someone you know well and think would make a good addition to the tracker itself, and not someone all you know about is that can give you X invite in return, and not precisely how much he can upload/contribute to the tracker, if at all... or perhaps even be a security risk, like Manas said. This is how I see it :smile:

zatoicchi
09.10.08, 02:53
well the way i look at it, is, no matter if you know the person or not , there is always going to be a security issues thorough an invite or a trade..if for instance if i invited a friend who used me to get into a tracker and i was not aware that he works for the Riaa and Mpaa then how could i have avoided that situation..friend or not, invite or trade no one can guarantee anything..

there are a lot of uncertainty in life...i could trade an account with a total stranger and he can turn out to be the most productive person in that tracker..

trading or inviting can be a good thing or a bad thing...it all depends on the individuals...

jolas
11.10.08, 20:54
so i understand that trading is bad, especially accounts, if youre stupid and u have a tracker whit nick X and you always use that nick on trackers, the person who know uses that account whit that nick might kill you. get you a global ban...

but trading invites could also disable your account if the invite is bad, cheater, balblabla...

so, the final point is, trading is not just bad for them, security, privacy, etc...

its bad for us cause, it may cost us our account!

i dont mind giving my account to someone if i dont use it, i prefer to give to a friend that might need it.

what i mean is dont trade help out the friends, they will eventuually help you out to.

anon
11.10.08, 20:58
so i understand that trading is bad, especially accounts, if youre stupid and u have a tracker whit nick X and you always use that nick on trackers, the person who know uses that account whit that nick might kill you. get you a global ban...

Same goes for e-mail addresses. I personally use completely different nicknames and mailboxes for every tracker, even those I don't care too much about. You can never know.

but trading invites could also disable your account if the invite is bad, cheater, balblabla...

so, the final point is, trading is not just bad for them, security, privacy, etc...

its bad for us cause, it may cost us our account!

That's also true, and why some trackers stress the fact that inviting a cheater will disable your account. So that you don't give/trade them with someone you don't know...

Aurion
13.10.08, 00:00
Same goes for e-mail addresses. I personally use completely different nicknames and mailboxes for every tracker, even those I don't care too much about. You can never know.

IMO this is the most important part of any counter measures you would apply anytime especially with very precious trackers that requires lots of caution when dealing with them & their invites too...

jolas
15.10.08, 12:47
and if u wanna survive dont use invite foruns....

pics of profile ratios might get u killed, once u get caught, exemple: a tracker someone invited me caught me cheating....

they banne me, the dude who invited me tells everyone,... everyone will see our post our ratio profile links, and this is the long hard road to hell...

Aurion
16.10.08, 21:05
@jolas: yeah that's a good point you got here buddy.....it's right that in some invite forums,you might get asked for profile links,ratio proofs and such....the bad thing is that some of those boards too have who so called "Community REP" members who are originally members/mods of other trackers,well known ones,who just roam around those boards searching for any penalties to apply on certain members they are suspicious of who used to have a couple of recent invites not used...

anon
16.10.08, 21:11
Yes, that's possible. It's better not to post your exact ratio, downloaded and uploaded amounts. You can say "I have 1GB UL and 200MB DL", for example, if you have 1.2GB uploaded and 230MB downloaded, to avoid giving exact figures which may lead to detection.

Of course a lot of people won't believe you if you post ratio proofs this way because there's no pic showing they're from the tracker (you may have just came up with them), which is suspicious... :/

Aurion
16.10.08, 21:19
That's why in most cases you have to post your ratio proofs anyway...still you can just do a full camouflage of your personal info/stats somehow just to draw away anything that can bust you up....

anon
16.10.08, 21:28
Like this, for example...
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4079/undergroundyv4.gif
(tracker is UG)

Aurion
17.10.08, 00:37
yeah I can understand what you mean,I do proofs like that one but without showing downloaded/uplaoded amounts,just the first digit of the ratio for security purposes