PDA

View Full Version : Anon sharing

elephantman5
06.10.08, 08:34
I gave Anon my username. And afterwards I was banned from What.cd

After going into the irc channel. They called me by Elephantman.
I found that interesting.

The people I'm finding interesting are:
Anon,
shoulder (the last person to visit my profile here. ) (A mod on what.cd)
fireweasel. (The person on irc.)

Hmm.

hitman
06.10.08, 13:53
not again the last time someone claimed such things it ended up that it was his own fault and im sure again if they know your name they readed here your posts.....and shoulder should be a mod on what.cd?

that makes no sense for me. do you have a proof or something with that we can work?

anon
06.10.08, 14:08
Would have answered your PM, but as it seems you want it this way...

Just think about this:

1. "anon" is most likely not an unique username.
2. Would shoulder use the same nick he uses here at trackers, too? So that they get his IP?
3. There's a huge chance the What.cd staff knows about this board, and ghosts it to see "what's up".

It's true, you gave me your username. But I never got to add you to my friend list, I forgot about that. And the only visit I made to What yesterday was, in turn, before I got your PM, to make the funny screen I posted at the SB-I Experiment thread.

Would I also spend most of my time here giving users tips on how to cheat at trackers (that includes you and What.cd), and helping them solve problems with our mods & tools, if I was a What moderator?

elephantman5
06.10.08, 14:51
Would I also spend most of my time here giving users tips on how to cheat at trackers (that includes you and What.cd), and helping them solve problems with our mods & tools, if I was a What moderator?

No. Logically you wouldn't.
Anon Could be anybody. But Elephantman5 could also be anyone- Not just

"jenh3n."

I wasn't put off very much by the fact that I was banned.
It's that he called me by my original username.

Are IP's visible within these forums?
Cause if they are, I'd suggest you block them...so people aren't scanning and blocking all the ips coming from your site. Or posting content as I had.

-edit-
Yes, I scanned for your name this afternoon, and 12 of them were banned, I found that amusing.
Not really surprising either. Anon-being part of Anonymous.

2. Would shoulder use the same nick he uses here at trackers, too? So that they get his IP?
3. There's a huge chance the What.cd staff knows about this board, and ghosts it to see "what's up".

(shoulder, being a mod there as well, would be designated scanner in reporting ips to their staff.
Therefore, his ip being in these forums is inherently irrelevant, because that's his point in being here.)

not again the last time someone claimed such things it ended up that it was his own fault and im sure again if they know your name they readed here your posts.....and shoulder should be a mod on what.cd?

that makes no sense for me. do you have a proof or something with that we can work?

I can't get onto what.cd, so I can't prove it.
But he's on the IRC chatroom.

And, I don't know. shoulder seems like an obscure name. Like mine.
It's not like he was "racecar 102" or some shit.
And who the f knows, maybe he has the same name? All I know is, he's on the What.cd Staff, in the irc chatroom, one of the staff called me by elephantman, and he's the last person to view my profile here. Right around the time I was banned.

anon
06.10.08, 15:42
No. Logically you wouldn't.
Anon Could be anybody. But Elephantman5 could also be anyone- Not just

"jenh3n."

I wasn't put off very much by the fact that I was banned.
It's that he called me by my original username.

If it's that What admins are here watching you, they'd have no problem in calling you by your SB-I name - to thrill you like that.
When SealLion was banned from I-Z, the "why you were banned" message stated "www.sb-innovation.de", for example...

Are IP's visible within these forums?
Cause if they are, I'd suggest you block them...so people aren't scanning and blocking all the ips coming from your site. Or posting content as I had.

Only for 3 of our staff members. Neither shoulder nor I have access to IP information.

-edit-
Yes, I scanned for your name this afternoon, and 12 of them were banned, I found that amusing.
Not really surprising either. Anon-being part of Anonymous.

That's my point. There are lots of anons round the Net.

(shoulder, being a mod there as well, would be designated scanner in reporting ips to their staff.
Therefore, his ip being in these forums is inherently irrelevant, because that's his point in being here.)

Yes, but if it was found out that he's a mod at What.cd, he'd be banned from here and his IP shared with the world.
And we arrive at the same point as before... why would a tracker moderator spend so much time here every day helping people cheat at that and other trackers?

I can't get onto what.cd, so I can't prove it.
But he's on the IRC chatroom.

And, I don't know. shoulder seems like an obscure name. Like mine.
It's not like he was "racecar 102" or some shit.
And who the f knows, maybe he has the same name? All I know is, he's on the What.cd Staff, in the irc chatroom, one of the staff called me by elephantman, and he's the last person to view my profile here. Right around the time I was banned.

Yea, got the message. But if he was what you think he is, he wouldn't have used the same nickname. It's an extremely basic security measure not to use the same nicks at different places.

The profile-view thing could be because they watch new accounts closely... despite not having precisely the best scripts in the world, they can watch new users and detect cheating. You should have let some times pass before using the account...

elephantman5
06.10.08, 16:20
The profile-view thing could be because they watch new accounts closely... despite not having precisely the best scripts in the world, they can watch new users and detect cheating. You should have let some times pass before using the account...

Or possibly watch people from the same ISP as another banned user.

Which would be me.

They block whole countries (turkey, uk) because of this.

divlord
06.10.08, 16:31
I am backing up for anon. He wont do anything like that

anon
06.10.08, 17:16
Thanks divlord.

@elephantman5: that's also possible. It's better if you let some time pass for now. You could also see if my IP switch script changes your subnet, if you aren't behind a router.
My semi-anonymous torrenting tut could also be a good idea to conceal your IP from the tracker, but other peers can still see your real address in their clients' peerlists, which could possibly cause a ban - that would be frustrating.

elephantman5
06.10.08, 17:33
Thanks divlord.

@elephantman5: that's also possible. It's better if you let some time pass for now. You could also see if my IP switch script changes your subnet, if you aren't behind a router.
My semi-anonymous torrenting tut could also be a good idea to conceal your IP from the tracker, but other peers can still see your real address in their clients' peerlists, which could possibly cause a ban - that would be frustrating.

It's okay though. Because I'm moving. So, it's totally impossible for them to stop me.
heh heh heh.

Super dooper. I'm finding a lot of stuff off of demonoid surprisingly.
I forget to check there, and I'm finding a surprising amount of lossless.
My personal preference is to never bother trying to upload to a site with ads.
But, some people do. And to me.
:)

Ok. Well I'm glad I at least experienced that, so.
Yeah, the peerlist thing. But, that's an interesting abstraction Anon.
Because, on some levels I can leech off the peers without the tracker knowing; yet they wouldn't report my ip to the tracker originally. I believe that concept isn't true.
Unless you know otherwise. You're the smarter one so.

I'm on DSL. So the ISP will provide a different ip every time the modem is reset.
I am behind a router, but the same technique works. (At least for me.)
Yet, I believe I did it right; when I reset my IP before going back into the IRC.
Did Sealion reset his IP before going back?
I'd see it as an obvious step. But, I don't know.

If both of us reset our IP's before going back, then that's a problem.

I'm sort of afraid to go on there anymore.
Cause if I was a mod, I would have banned my ISP by now.
(maybe I shouldn't have just said that. :S )

(About your script. I remember bookmarking that. Very handy. Although I do the commands myself normally. Or just do the modem and wait, I don't really have to flush dns.)
(I've gotten banned, and gotten another account in the same day with that process)
It's sort of a hassle.

Not to say I'm not on the computer for more then 8 hours a day.

But waiting for an invite for 8 hours, is the most indescribably fun thing in the world.

I wonder how screwed I am until I move.

I will attempt another interview at a later time, and post my results.

shoulder
06.10.08, 17:46
@elephantman5:

Be sure, I'm not a mod at what.
And if I would be, I would for sure use another name.
Also, like anon said, I can't see the IPs of our users.
Furthermore, there isn't even any staff member named shoulder on what.

It's sad that you were banned but there are a lot of possibilities.

hitman
06.10.08, 19:30
we are tollerating a lot of things but pointing especially on staff members without proofs isnt a good move at all

this will be the second and last thread with such reprovals without proofs

Manas
06.10.08, 19:52
Let's call these threads what they are: outrageous.

You don't have any proofs for what you are saying but still accuse shoulder and anon of

1. being Mods at what

2. getting you banned at what

Please think about it: Anon and shoulder spend so much time here helping you guys with your probelms investing much of their freetime and the only thing which comes to your mind is that they might collect IPs to send them to trackers?

That's definitely not fair. Why don't you think about your possible mistakes before questioning staffs' credibility?

SealLion
06.10.08, 19:56
Only for 3 of our staff members. .......

Query:

Is this too many pple to know or have access to this info??

In all respects, you've got to consider the concern that pple may after having read this thread, and are concerned about visible IPs.

Would it help to alleviate concern for members to have listed here, those pple in the forums that have access to IP info??

Would this help to reduce postings such as this thread after having become aware of who has access to what??

These questions are not meant to provoke, rather to help have some concerns and questions answered.

i

shoulder
06.10.08, 20:09

I really don't understand what you mean.
But AFAIK only 3 people have access to IP infos, and I'm not one of them.

What I want to know the most is why he thinks I'm a what mod.

SealLion
06.10.08, 20:16
I'm not sure shoulder.

I think that elephantman mentioned something about seeing someone with a username such as yours on the What.CD staff. If I read correctly, though.

I"m sure that after some reflection, elephantman will see that there was just some mistake made. Thats all.

elephantman5
06.10.08, 20:42
Well come on.
We can throw mean looks over the table at one another.

Or, it doesn't matter.

Because essentially, I shouldn't even be cheating. It's a bad thing to do.
And Yeah, I got the point.
Me=bad for posting this.

But come on. What do you want, a picture? How much can I show you other then what I have?
I'll be sure to look for this "mysterious" shoulder "guy" once I get on there again.
Ok shoulder, so you claim not to be a mod. W.e

Logically, it doesn't even matter what you say, because it won't do any difference. How can I know if you're lying or not? I don't even know you.
You still haven't said anything about why you were looking at my profile?

Sure, I seem accusatory, and I apologize. But I'm not just picking stuff out of the blue.
Yeh, so it's a good practice to change your name, and shoulder "would most certainly" have a different name if he was a mod.

Or, like me, I'd just keep the same name just to Fuck with people.
No hard feelings to anyone really.

I believe Anon is telling the truth. And shoulder, I don't think you're a what.cd mod.

But, I don't think you can get all pissed off (Well the other guy is anyway) because I post something, listing simply:
What happened,
And the people that are causing my interest.

Yes, I've seen the name: shoulder in the irc channel for invites, and he wasn't just another guy like me on the list.

But really. Even if you're all lying, or I'm lying, or no one's lying. It's pretty much like the other thing, who is seba. Sealion knows this.

Me and Anon have gone back and forth with ideas about what may be causing the problem.
And yes shoulder, there are a lot of possibilities.

It's not like I started the post with an accusing statement. But yes, I was pissed off. I mean, yeah, I just gave anon my account name, and I was banned a few hours after.

Who Wouldn't be Pissed off and Wondering?

Who wouldn't wonder, about the similar nicknames, and the time frame in which it happened; and the irc channel mod calling by this forum's username?

So w/e dude. You can get all Offended. Or just...understand I guess, is what I'm trying to say.

hitman
06.10.08, 21:02
well if you had posted in your first post the content of #16 nobody would be pissed off

as i told we are tollerating a lot and we can try to find out together what the cause was but next time the person should have a clear mind and post factual that is what i only expect.

you wrote in the first post only a few things and leave the rest to our imagination. things like

The people I'm finding interesting are:
Anon,
shoulder (the last person to visit my profile here. ) (A mod on what.cd)

can interpreted quite different without a good explaination

shoulder
06.10.08, 21:13
To let you know why I was on your profile:

There was no certain reason for it, I even don't remember I visited your profile.
Just have a look, I visited a lot of profiles, and not just those of my friends.
Sometimes it happens accidently.
And, like I can see, you visited my profile too.

Also, I understand you're angry.
But like hitman said, you're writting in your first post things which sounds like facts.

Well, finally I can tell you for sure I'm not a what mod and I have nothing to do with your ban.
If you believe me or not is up to you.

If you have any questions you don't want to ask in public you can always PM me.

Manas
06.10.08, 22:01
About IPs:

The three members who have access to the IP addresses are part of SBI since the very beginning- they contributed a lot to the site and are 100% trustworthy. That's all we can ensure you. Also IP addresses won't be abused by us. If you know why SBI was founded or rather what the staffs' history is you will understand that abusing IPs is the least thing we'd do. IPs are only used to detect double accounts.

vDD+wR
06.10.08, 22:10
jusus christ, whats going on here on sb-i!?

first SeaLion with his thread and now elephantman5...:confused2:

i really hope that this isnt any new trend coming up here on the board, where everybody accuses the other being made responsible for this and that, etc...
and not that it starts with users accusing other users but moderators, that class of users who have been here from the beginning!
and resulting from that: what benefit would they have to betray the ppl who are using and therefore advertising their product and afterwards let them being kicked from the trackers!?

therefore i cant really understand why the "betrayed users" are staying with this board, if they're feel being shafted...
either i like the board and stay with it or i dont like it and leave it...

in addition i can state that anon and shoulder were just promoted to the mod status, and why should they risk this trust in them just to let some users being kicked from the trackers...

anyway i trust both of you!! :top: you guys rule!

anon
06.10.08, 22:21
It's okay though. Because I'm moving. So, it's totally impossible for them to stop me.
heh heh heh.

Super dooper. I'm finding a lot of stuff off of demonoid surprisingly.
I forget to check there, and I'm finding a surprising amount of lossless.
My personal preference is to never bother trying to upload to a site with ads.
But, some people do. And to me.
:)

Good :smile:

And for me what matters if whether the tracker itself is worth uploading to. Be it because it has good contents, friendly members, you get fast speeds there, or simply of course want to give back to the swarm that has provided you so much. Ads don't matter to me. There are several sites which I've even whitelisted in Outpost's ad-blocker, either to support them because of the many things they've helped me with, or just because. SB-I is one of them, for example.
Of course this is just my opinion.

Ok. Well I'm glad I at least experienced that, so.
Yeah, the peerlist thing. But, that's an interesting abstraction Anon.
Because, on some levels I can leech off the peers without the tracker knowing; yet they wouldn't report my ip to the tracker originally. I believe that concept isn't true.
Unless you know otherwise. You're the smarter one so.

I'm not saying it will happen, but that it can happen. I'm marking it as the possible detection vector it is. It's a possibility.
If I hadn't done it and someone got banned because of that reason, what to say? "I didn't warn you about this because it was unlikely that it happened"?
Things like these have to stay clear.

I'm on DSL. So the ISP will provide a different ip every time the modem is reset.
I am behind a router, but the same technique works. (At least for me.)
Yet, I believe I did it right; when I reset my IP before going back into the IRC.

(About your script. I remember bookmarking that. Very handy. Although I do the commands myself normally. Or just do the modem and wait, I don't really have to flush dns.)
(I've gotten banned, and gotten another account in the same day with that process)
It's sort of a hassle.

I'm on cable, and can't successfully do that "trick" unless I combine it with "flipping" my MAC address' last byte.
My OS sends the last good IP it has had to my ISP's DHCP server, so that I get the same one if available. The script works by making the last good IP 1.2.3.4 (an invalid host) by specifying it manually in the network settings, then setting the connection address settings to "automatic", so that it tries to get a DHCP IP again. It'll send 1.2.3.4 as a last IP, but as that isn't one the server can give me (again, it's invalid), it'll give a fresh one, because it can't know what my real last valid IP is.
Thanks for testing it behind a router. All this time it seemed that the script would simply not work (by design) if you're behind one...

Did Sealion reset his IP before going back?
I'd see it as an obvious step. But, I don't know.
If both of us reset our IP's before going back, then that's a problem.

"Going back"? By the looks of his post, he was banned at PTN, and some time after that, at I-Z, with the "www.sb-innovation.de" banning reason. I don't see him going back anywhere...

I'm sort of afraid to go on there anymore.
Cause if I was a mod, I would have banned my ISP by now.
(maybe I shouldn't have just said that. :S )

Yes, it's possible that they originally weren't going to ban your ISP, but now yes, as they read this. Just a possibility. Of course banning a whole provider is an aggresive measure, and I'd think it twice if I were them.

Not to say I'm not on the computer for more then 8 hours a day.

But waiting for an invite for 8 hours, is the most indescribably fun thing in the world.

I wonder how screwed I am until I move.

I will attempt another interview at a later time, and post my results.

OK. Make sure you let some time pass before cheating this time.

Query:

In all respects, you've got to consider the concern that pple may after having read this thread, and are concerned about visible IPs.

Would it help to alleviate concern for members to have listed here, those pple in the forums that have access to IP info??

Would this help to reduce postings such as this thread after having become aware of who has access to what??

These questions are not meant to provoke, rather to help have some concerns and questions answered.

I understand your concern.

Be sure our IPs are extremely safe in the hands of the staff members who have access to them.

Well come on.
We can throw mean looks over the table at one another.

Or, it doesn't matter.

Because essentially, I shouldn't even be cheating. It's a bad thing to do.
And Yeah, I got the point.
Me=bad for posting this.

There isn't any "point". There aren't any "hidden messages". If we want to say something, we say it clear. And we're saying that we think the things you've posted, like shoulder and me being What mods, me reporting your user, aren't true. Why? Because there's simply not enough proof for it. When we, in turn, do have reasons for saying what we've said.

But come on. What do you want, a picture? How much can I show you other then what I have?
I'll be sure to look for this "mysterious" shoulder "guy" once I get on there again.
Ok shoulder, so you claim not to be a mod. W.e

A pic would have been good.

Logically, it doesn't even matter what you say, because it won't do any difference. How can I know if you're lying or not? I don't even know you.
You still haven't said anything about why you were looking at my profile?

I've had more than 400 profile visits for that matter...
It's a common thing for some of us here to look at posters' profiles after they've made a few posts. To know what their interests and occupation are. Perhaps to add them as friends. Perhaps to post them visitor messages. Sometimes we do it accidentally, like shoulder said. Etc...

Sure, I seem accusatory, and I apologize. But I'm not just picking stuff out of the blue.
Yeh, so it's a good practice to change your name, and shoulder "would most certainly" have a different name if he was a mod.

Or, like me, I'd just keep the same name just to Fuck with people.
No hard feelings to anyone really.

Yes, it's a common security measure just in case trackers share information. If you're banned from one that does it, a "do you have a member called xxxxxx at your tracker" check won't show up anything (unless there's another completely unrelated member called that, too). Doing the same with e-mail addresses also "duplicates" the added security. Same goes for using different IPs on each tracker, although you of course can get caught as I've said before.

I believe Anon is telling the truth. And shoulder, I don't think you're a what.cd mod.

Good.

But, I don't think you can get all pissed off (Well the other guy is anyway) because I post something, listing simply:
What happened,
And the people that are causing my interest.

Maybe we can't get all pissed off, that's right?
But it does feel bad for our other Mods and VIPs too that you're throwing accusations at us like that, just because the What.cd mod had the "wrong" name, plus it so happened that you had PMed me your nickname a few hours before the ban...

Yes, I've seen the name: shoulder in the irc channel for invites, and he wasn't just another guy like me on the list.

Consider "shoulder" is an english word more than one person is most likely using on the Internet as a nick. One of them is of course a Mod here.
"rebound" and "hitman" are also just words for that matter, but you're not pointing a finger at them, right? And a simple Google search will show you several members of other forums completely unrelated to us, but that also have members called like that.

Note @ RB and hit: I'm not saying you guys did what he said, just giving an example of what I mentioned. :smile:

But really. Even if you're all lying, or I'm lying, or no one's lying. It's pretty much like the other thing, who is seba. Sealion knows this.

You're not lying when you post what you think, right? Well, that's what we've also done. And we think what we've posted because there are good reasons for it to be like that.

Me and Anon have gone back and forth with ideas about what may be causing the problem.
And yes shoulder, there are a lot of possibilities.

I wouldn't have done all that if I was a mod at What, either... dropping by to post an "I didn't do it" line would have been enough, if so was it.

Yet I did what you've just said, because I'm not what you seem to think I am...

It's not like I started the post with an accusing statement. But yes, I was pissed off. I mean, yeah, I just gave anon my account name, and I was banned a few hours after.

Who Wouldn't be Pissed off and Wondering?

Who wouldn't wonder, about the similar nicknames, and the time frame in which it happened; and the irc channel mod calling by this forum's username?

So w/e dude. You can get all Offended. Or just...understand I guess, is what I'm trying to say.

Think about this:
If I really were a What.cd mod, why not banning you the second I received your PM? After all, I could rely in me being a staff member here as well for "cover"...
Also, wouldn't actively posting and moderating SB-I as long as I'm in front of my computer leave no time for doing the same at What?

I understand what you're saying. But my guess is that "who" would also start reasoning soon after that.

@hitman, Manas, shoulder and vDD+wR: thanks. That's exactly how I see things, too.

Aurion
06.10.08, 22:29
HoHoHo ....! Do I miss something here guys ?? :confused2:

First,SeaLion & now you "elephantman"...Well,back then when SeaLion got banned,he didn't name anyone or even pointed any finger at any Staff member or even normal one on public...he rather just discussed the thing as a Professional p2per that accept bad chances within his journey into the Leech...I might sound a bit backing up those 2 guys,but aside from them being very good friends of mine,let me ask ya a question dude...do you think that one of them reported you as a Cheater using such boards as we have here to a Staff in What ?? OK,just tell me "Yeah",because I don't think you are that stupid to think so since it's obvious that one of a Staff's tools in any board,tracker or forum is to check whatever IPs,moves or activity of any certain member...what I mean is,if we suppose that shoulder or anon are Staff there or even have good contact with Staff in What,don't you think that after reporting you to them,that they still have their own accounts ? Let me answer that,Hell NO ! come'on guys,every time a member loses something in his life just come here blamming us that we offered Humanity the very clear meaning of -modding-...

Also another thing,what made you sure that one of them reported your IP here (if we supposed that they had access to you IP) right after shoulder visited your page ? you answer that...

One last thing is,even if it's right that shoulder visited your page,well It's OK with us here in SB-I even if you didn't like,still he is a Moderator who are responsible of revising,checking & moderating the place,so it's not a big deal he sneaked on a couple of users profile pages for a snap...

Alexallandir
07.10.08, 02:16
if i were a mod & admin of tracker i will chk forums such as sb. so i can ban %50 of cheaters in my tracker :P

elephantman5
07.10.08, 14:52
Good :smile:

I understand what you're saying. But my guess is that "who" would also start reasoning soon after that.

@hitman, Manas, shoulder and vDD+wR: thanks. That's exactly how I see things, too.

Anon.
Maybe people shouldn't go back and forth between this site and the torrent site.
Maybe torrent sites check referrer headers.

if i were a mod & admin of tracker i will chk forums such as sb. so i can ban %50 of cheaters in my tracker :P

We're not telling each other our names.

Tell me how YOU would Pick me out of 100,000 users Alex.

shoulder
07.10.08, 15:03
Maybe torrent sites check referrer headers.
Referrer headers are only sent if you click on a link on a site, not if you type the URL by hand or use a bookmark.
Also, we use the vbAnonymizer to avoid sending a referrer header to other sites.

A referrer header will only be sent if you use a plugin in your browser which removes redirectors and you click a link on this site.

Alexallandir
07.10.08, 16:23
i was talking about general. so much people use their real name or visible mail addresses.

btw i seen this nrpg forums from "elephantman5":

I was banned at What.cd four times.

Using normal settings, not uploading over 60kb (My normal upload rate)
Ports were the same as utorrents. Not running Utorrent at the same time, or having the same torrents. Having random on, and on windows.
NRPG Forums :: View topic - [Suggestion] recent bans (http://nrpg.16.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=20665#20665)

maybe you miss something? maybe you give your info on another forum or blog by mistake?

Aurion
07.10.08, 17:49
It's a bit silly elephant,you did use that NRPG mod on What for several times (you said 4 already),despite we recommended using another secured one which Shu mod/Faze mod,so I guess partially it's not our own fault here in SB-I disregarding what happened after you claimed that one of the Staff here reported you or was part of the Ban..which is also very silly...

Enough with Crap guys,It's not logical that one of the Staff here just report another member for using Illegal fakers,without getting himself a Ban ticket tho.. :redface:

SealLion
07.10.08, 19:24
Dude. Use GT and get it over with.

Never worry about bans again.

Hell, I've been leech'in and cheat'in since conception with GT. Never had probs with it.

Even on high level trackers.

Others may suggest to use FazeM or SHUMOD or whatever. I'm just lett'in you know, GT is problem free.

You can even cheat with it on What.CD. GAURANTEED!!

I'll even sign that gaurantee in blood if your that serious about gaurantees.

xarda
07.10.08, 19:38
what.cd mods are good at finding out users ips..other trackers have mods who are just as skilled ..next time look through threads to see if anyone had the same experience (cheating on a specific tracker) rather than start your own thread and end up getting banned. So to sum it up "yes" you can cheat on what.cd and "yes" you can get caught easily if you post on forum like sbi.

hitman
07.10.08, 19:49
what.cd mods are good at finding out users ips..other trackers have mods who are just as skilled ..next time look through threads to see if anyone had the same experience (cheating on a specific tracker) rather than start your own thread and end up getting banned. So to sum it up "yes" you can cheat on what.cd and "yes" you can get caught easily if you post on forum like sbi.

i dont see the connection with sbi

a lot of people are here without getting banned you should only be careful to not leave informations that could cause the bann..... else its your fault. and the same with invites....if you invite someone with 1 post that isnt trustful than you should not wonder if its someone from the tracker staff.

if you dont give the tracker staff here on sbi informations about your relation with the tracker there is no way they can find out that you are a sbi member.

Aurion
07.10.08, 19:50
Well,all available mods do the job but it's always about which is the safest & which is the worst,so using any mod is a good idea as long as you know how to use it to move around...still we here at SB-I always recommend using either Shu mod or Faze mod,and that's for a reason which is,that our coders implemented certain techniques that make it very hard if not impossible on any cheating script injected in any tracker to detect fakes...anyway,it's a state of mind on using which mod so do it on your OWN responsibility...otherwise just play with the BEST ! :top:

anon
07.10.08, 21:45
@elephantman5: all non-SBI links at our board pass through a redirector first, which removes the HTTP referer header by taking you to the linked page using a META refresh tag instead.

Also, maybe a lot of users are banned from What.cd every day, but not so many come back the same number of times you've posted and have the same IP subnet/ISP.

What Aurion said is also true, you should ideally treat every new tracker you get on as if it had the best scripts in the world... This would be where the ShuMod or Faze kick in. Based on other users' experiences and starting to test our different tools yourself, you can better know what works there or not.

Aurion
08.10.08, 18:11
Exactly anon,that's why we here in SB-I always just give alternatives but still we Recommend using the Might tool we provided for Humanity,which is Shu mod & Faze mod....so I guess now every single member here knows how to chose & what to chose from.. :top: