PDA

View Full Version : launchy 2.12 problem

divlord
30.09.08, 21:14
I am using launchy 2.12

The problem is when i do a fresh install of it..and then run the launchy.exe..
the process opens.but it happens just once. After this if i try to open launchy.exe
it shows a process corresponding to launchy but launchy doesnt launch :smile:.
the process in task manager stays like that.
Now if i uninstall it and remove launchy.ini amd launchy.db from application data
and then do a fresh install and then open again, it opens.

I really like it. So u got ne idea , whats the problem here?
Also suggest some good launchy like application (if any).
thanks

http://www.launchy.net/

anon
30.09.08, 21:29
I have the same issue too. But it doesn't disappear, it just goes behind all open windows and because of the way it registers its, it doesn't show a Taskbar button you can bring it back with. Do the following (it worked for me):

1. Go to its settings, and tick "Always display Launchy window".
2. Run any app using it.
3. Close the app. Launchy will have "disappeared" again.
4. Press Win+D, or click "Show Desktop". If you have fast reflexes, you'll see Launchy's window flash for a fraction of a second.
5. Go to Start -> Run... -> type calc, and press ENTER. The Windows Calculator will appear, and just behind it, Launchy's window.
6. Close the Calculator, and you can now use Launchy again. :smile:

You'd need to follow steps 4 to 6 every time after running an app through Launchy...

Oh, and by the way, thanks for linking to it! I didn't know about it and it seems to be a nice program, perhaps even a Windows shell. :top: Another proggie like this is QuickRun (http://www.partridgesoft.com/quickrun.htm/), although it's not as featured. :smile:

divlord
30.09.08, 21:42
thanks anon very much.

I just did step 1 and its working all fine.
Now I dont even have the problem that u have.

Aurion
01.10.08, 17:50
didn't know about this tool,but as described in the mini-feedback for it on the main home page,I guess it worths the try...also good to hear your problems are solved

anon
01.10.08, 18:14
@Aurion: yes, it's an awesome tool. You just have to type the name of the app you want to run, and it'll show the most probable option. Then you can hit ENTER to open it.

If they fixed this issue it'd be perfect as a Windows shell - in the meantime you couldn't access the Run... dialog but through the Task Manager.

Aurion
01.10.08, 22:49
hmm..yeah maybe they should do that but at least for now we have this nice arranger to play with :tongue: