PDA

View Full Version : xp themes

SealLion
26.09.08, 02:46
Hello all: I found a good xp theme page that you can use to alter your themes for xp.

Themes Gallery | XP Themes & Visual Styles | Belchfire XP Themes and Vista Themes (http://themes.belchfire.net/xp-themes.html)

double click on 'msstyles'. You'll then be offered the xp theme style that you've chosen.

to use the wallpaper that comes with each theme, 'browse' to the folder that the new theme folder is placed in
{you'll have to manually move the new theme folders to C>Windows>Rescources>Themes.}...they are the '.jpg.' files inside the theme folders.

Some really good and interesting thems.

be-aware, this will also change uT's look as well as all the fonts that you've previously chosen.

user132
26.09.08, 10:09
i think the tuneup theme manager is much better. more options more themes..

anon
26.09.08, 15:40
You'll need an UXTheme patcher to apply non-digitally signed themes, if your XP's uxtheme.dll isn't already patched. There are a lot of these out there, just google "uxtheme multi-patcher".

Aurion
27.09.08, 00:48
thanks for this useful resource but I won't recommend using that patcher anon,it just messes up with your system32 .dll files & might get your stable OS hung (had those hung ups before),unless you would set a restore point interbal prior of apply those themes

anon
27.09.08, 00:51
Maybe you have tried the wrong patcher. The one I have touches just uxtheme.dll and has been applied ever since I installed my main Windows (almost 2 years). Not a single crash because of it...

Aurion
01.10.08, 22:52
nah,I used the same one you mentioned along with the auto patcher,but there was a known error msg that says something about replacing certain important system files that windows uses to be able to apply those themes,that's why I guess it went wrong for most people including me :biggrin: anyway,i'm just a classic windows theme guy now with simple icons on desktop

anon
01.10.08, 22:58
Yes, of course Windows will say an important system file has been altered and ask you for the CD - this even means you've applied the patch correctly, because if you hadn't, uxtheme.dll would have been overwritten with the copy at dllcache instead. :wink:

And if you use the classic desktop, make sure you disable the "Themes" service to save RAM! :top:

I use the classic interface too, with the... well, I don't know the english name for my current color scheme, but I do know it's called "Ahorn" in german ^^

Aurion
02.10.08, 17:50
yeah,whatever,I guess I will stay a classic theme guy for now :biggrin:

xixifrank
24.12.08, 03:49
i wonder if you know alien theme. it's a nice theme only installed on the computer of"alien"

it's cool. you can learn more at Alienware Computers - Custom-Built Gaming Desktops and Notebooks (http://www.alienware.com)