*: Fix/Change

╔═══════════════════════════╗
Password:
╚═══════════════════════════╝

PrE-Mod

xixifrank
26.09.08, 02:43
i've seen something like anti-upload protection in ZZ-R mod. it sets 1800KB

what's upload protection??anyone can explain?? Thanks a lot!

sarutobi
26.09.08, 11:02
Hi to all.
First of all, I want to say that this is the first place on the net where this mod has been posted.
Second, I forgot to say that PrE Mod is based on NeoMule 4.55. So it has all its features plus the ones in changelog.
Third, about the upload protection, i've not the source code with me at the moment, so I don't remember well, anyway upload protection gives upload kick related to your queue position in other clients. But i will be more precise in future.

4th, Sarutobi was also the coder of UniATeam Mod (project now abandoned).

GoRdiE
26.09.08, 15:10
... about the upload protection, i've not the source code with me at the moment, so I don't remember well, anyway upload protection gives upload kick related to your queue position in other clients. But i will be more precise in future.

Yes, I think so. When your queue remote position is low then you upload a little amount. And if your queue remote position is higher then you upload more data.

i've seen something like anti-upload protection in ZZ-R mod. it sets 1800KB

what's upload protection??anyone can explain?? Thanks a lot!

You donīt gain credits unless you upload more than 1800KB.:shockkk!:

I use SNAKE RC3 and the upload is very refined. But Iīll test the new eMule0.49b PrE-Mod v1.0 based on NeoMule 4.55:klatsch_3:

Thanks a lot elettronvolt:top:

rom08
26.09.08, 16:22
Ok seems to work well I'm testing it right now.The thing you can make for next release is change the reask timers so we can reask more often.:top:

sarutobi
26.09.08, 16:39
Ok seems to work well I'm testing it right now.The thing you can make for next release is change the reask timers so we can reask more often.:top:

Yes, in Neo source settings ... there is settable value for reask timers ... but it's limited!
Thanks, this limit will be removed on next release ... added to TODO list :smile:

rom08
26.09.08, 17:17
Ok thanks
2 things more
_ An ip to country auto update will be good
_Could you make a tuto for all features(was thinking of neo ones essencialy) like for shu mod?

sarutobi
26.09.08, 17:40
About ip to country autoupdate I think it can be done.
In a first time I was of idea to do this (an option page for both updates )... then i did only for ipfilter cause ip-to-country is not updated very often (even for ipfilter I've not found a static link for download). Anyway added to TODO list for next version.

About a tuto for neo mule futures ... well, if you click on any option you can see below a short description of them. The same is for Phoenix features.
Also, about neo, I found this small wiki on the net
Category:NeoFeatures - EMule Wiki (http://wiki.emule-web.de/index.php/Category:NeoFeatures)

rom08
26.09.08, 18:08
Ok thanks for the answer about ip filter you have this one I let you check if it's ok but this is the one I'm using http://upd.emule-security.net/ipfilter.zip
:cool2:

anon
26.09.08, 21:53
http://emulepawcio.sourceforge.net/ipfilter.zip
is also another good one :wink:

rom08
26.09.08, 22:06
Hello first stats

eMule PrE v1.0 by: Sarutobi Statistics [rom08]

Transfer
Session UL:DL Ratio: Waiting...
Session UL:DL Ratio (Friends UL excluded): Waiting...
Cumulative UL:DL Ratio: Waiting...
Uploads
Downloads
Session
Downloaded Data: 297.00 MB
Completed Downloads: 0
Active Downloads (chunks): 4
Found Sources: 1190
Download Sessions: 83
Gained Due To Compression: 425.88 KB (0.1%)
Lost Due To Corruption: 0 Bytes (0.0%)
Parts Saved Due To I.C.H: 0
Total Overhead (Packets): 2.29 MB (58.80 k)
Cumulative
Downloaded Data: 2.14 GB
Completed Downloads: 39
Download Sessions: 621
Gained Due To Compression: 15.71 MB (0.7%)
Total Overhead (Packets): 13.10 MB (354.06 k)
Connection
Session
General
Reconnects: 4
Active Connections (estimate): 14 (Half:0 | Compl:2 | Other:12)
Average Connections (estimate): 85
Peak Connections (estimate): 475
Max Connection Limit Reached: 0
Upload
Upload-Speed: 0 B/s
Average Uploadrate: 0 B/s
Max Upload Rate: 0 B/s
Max Average Upload Rate: 0 B/s
Download
Download-Speed: 16.1 KB/s
Average Downloadrate: 82.0 KB/s
max. Downloadrate: 488.3 KB/s
Max Downloadrate Average: 84.4 KB/s
Cumulative
General
Reconnects: 10
Average Connections (estimate): 75
Peak Connections (estimate): 518
Max Connection Limit Reached: 0
Upload
Average Uploadrate: 0 B/s
Max Upload Rate: 0 B/s
Max Average Upload Rate: 0 B/s
Download
Average Downloadrate: 108.2 KB/s
max. Downloadrate: 712.3 KB/s
Max Downloadrate Average: 143.1 KB/s
Time Statistics
Statistics last reset: 26/09/2008 12:31:51
Time Since Last Reset: 9:32 Hours
Session
Runtime: 1:02 Hours
Transfer Time: 59:33 Minutes (95.4%)
Current Server Duration: 2:28 Minutes (4.0%)
Total Server Duration: 1:01 Hours (99.1%)
Cumulative
Runtime: 8:52 Hours
Transfer Time: 3:55 Hours (44.3%)
Total Server Duration: 4:06 Hours (46.2%)
Projected Averages
Clients
Servers
Shared Files
Number of Shared Files: 0
Average file size: 0 Bytes
Largest Shared File: 0 Bytes
Total size of Shared Files: 0 Bytes
Records
Disk Space

I like this mod work very well for now
:klatsch_3::klatsch_3:

GoRdiE
26.09.08, 22:51
Not working for me. It seems freeze at two minutes. No up, no find sources... only time is running:eek13:

anon
26.09.08, 22:55
It works fine here, even sandboxed. What security software do you use? NOD32's Internet Monitor can be the cause, among others.

GoRdiE
26.09.08, 23:03
It works fine here, even sandboxed. What security software do you use? NOD32's Internet Monitor can be the cause, among others.

I use NOD32 but I exclude the .exe and all the paths. Itīs extrange. It woks for two minutes. Upload, find sources... and then all upload to zero, no more sources and nothing matters except the time is running

anon
26.09.08, 23:27
It's a bit as if your connection went down, but of course this isn't the case.
You can try a clean install, it's what I've done - extracted just emule.exe from the archive to a separate folder.

GoRdiE
27.09.08, 01:32
It's a bit as if your connection went down, but of course this isn't the case.
You can try a clean install, it's what I've done - extracted just emule.exe from the archive to a separate folder.

I tried a clean install and nothing. It works about 20 seconds. Iīve turn on some options in the phoenix window. Itīs upload only to emule clients, upload protection and all the leecher options.

I donīt undestand it. Itīs a pity :confused2:

Other emule clients are running well.

rom08
27.09.08, 10:16
Maybe you should try to disable all settings related to bandwich control and network adaptater,disable all of these:
-network adaptater feedback control
-pinger settings
-upload control settings(none)
-download control settings(none)
Neomule is the hardest mod to configure try this and tell me if it have done something

delaspain
27.09.08, 11:40
Hi people!

First of all I introduce miself. I'm DelaSpain :biggrin: ( </joke may be from Spain? /joke>)
Thanks everybody for this great forum!

I'm testing this great mod (it's really a very interesting mod). I want to report a message error in verbose log. It begins when you activate the option "don't share with non mule clients".

The error string is "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss: Unknown exception in CUploadQueue::UploadTimer" and dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss: Unknown exception in CUploadQueue::UploadTimer -1".

Any solution? it's critical?

Thanks in advance,
delaspain (sorry by my poor english)

anon
27.09.08, 19:26
@GoRdiE: try what rom08 said, disabling NAFC is specially a good idea. Also disable NAT traversal if you don't need it (have forwarded the ports in your router or have a direct connection).

@delaspain: Welcome :smile:
I have enabled that option and don't get such messages. Maybe you can try a clean install? (close eMule, rename your current config folder and re-open the PrE-Mod)

delaspain
27.09.08, 22:39
@anon
Thank you very much for your answer (breaking forum rules ?? :biggrin:). I'd tried a clean install (really really clean install) but the same error message. The error begans when the option is activated and ed2k a kad network connection are enabled.

anon
27.09.08, 23:06
@anon
Thank you very much for your answer (breaking forum rules ?? :biggrin:).

No :wink: Saying thanks itself isn't forbidden, but making a whole new post just for it is.

I'd tried a clean install (really really clean install) but the same error message. The error begans when the option is activated and ed2k a kad network connection are enabled.

I tried using the preferences.ini you posted, and I didn't get the error :confused2:

You can try disabling NAFC (also disable it in Bandwidth control -> Upload control settings), the pinger, and NAT traversal...
I don't know if the error message is important or not, but "exception in upload timer" makes it sound like it is. We'll have to wait until elettronvolt gives us a response about this :smile:
In the meantime, you can toggle the verbose log tab off if you don't want to see the messages. This can be achieved by setting the following INI values to:

VerboseOptions=0
Verbose=0
FullVerbose=0

GoRdiE
27.09.08, 23:15
Hi people!

First of all I introduce miself. I'm DelaSpain :biggrin: ( </joke may be from Spain? /joke>)
Thanks everybody for this great forum!

I'm testing this great mod (it's really a very interesting mod). I want to report a message error in verbose log. It begins when you activate the option "don't share with non mule clients".

The error string is "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss: Unknown exception in CUploadQueue::UploadTimer" and dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss: Unknown exception in CUploadQueue::UploadTimer -1".

Any solution? it's critical?

Thanks in advance,
delaspain (sorry by my poor english)

@GoRdiE: try what rom08 said, disabling NAFC is specially a good idea. Also disable NAT traversal if you don't need it (have forwarded the ports in your router or have a direct connection).

Yeah, It woks now. Only turn off upload only to emule clients. Definitely itīs a bug.
Now on test.

Thanks a lot to all :klatsch_3:

@elettronvolt:

Can you add remote queue and colors related to the remote queue?

Really I am an idiot. Emule still works but is invisible. How do I see it?:eek3:

anon
28.09.08, 19:55
Really I am an idiot. Emule still works but is invisible. How do I see it?:eek3:

Invisible? Do you mean you can't see its tray icon or...?

sarutobi
28.09.08, 20:54
Hi all
Thanks for pointing the bug in "upload only to emule clients". I think I've found it ... It will be fixed for next release. Sorry for that, but for now do not use that feature.

About colors in remote queue, i think you intend something like morphxt with color depending on queue in download list. If so, Ok.
About emule disappeared, I don't know what may be happened...are you sure you did not enable invisible mode in Gui Settings? Or maybe it's a rare ms windows problem...

anon
28.09.08, 21:03
About emule disappeared, I don't know what may be happened...are you sure you did not enable invisible mode in Gui Settings?

Most likely he did...

@GoRdiE: the default invisible mode hotkey is CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+E, try hitting those after you minimize eMule to see if you can bring it back.

Edit: you can also disable invisible mode outside eMule by opening & editing preferences.ini:

InvisibleMode=0

mskvorc1
29.09.08, 05:38
eMule PrE v1.0 by: Sarutobi Statistics [mskvorc1]

Transfer
Session UL:DL Ratio: 1 : 2.92
Session UL:DL Ratio (Friends UL excluded): 1 : 2.92
Cumulative UL:DL Ratio: 1 : 2.92
Uploads
Session
Uploaded Data: 641.38 MB
Uploaded Data to Friend Slots (Session): 0 Bytes
Active Uploads/Needed to fill Bandwidth: 5
Total Uploads: 6
Waiting Uploads: 1274
Upload Sessions: 103
Total successful upload sessions: 97 (94.17%)
Total failed upload sessions: 6 (5.83%)
Average Uploaded Per Session: 6.61 MB
Average upload time: 43:21 Minutes
Total Overhead (Packets): 18.08 MB (267.85 k)
Cumulative
Downloads
Session
Downloaded Data: 1.83 GB
Completed Downloads: 5
Active Downloads (chunks): 4
Found Sources: 380
Download Sessions: 431
Successful Download Sessions: 294 (68.2%)
Failed Download Sessions: 137 (31.8%)
Average Downloaded Per Session: 6.37 MB
Average Download Time: 19:01 Minutes
Gained Due To Compression: 80.30 MB (4.3%)
Total Overhead (Packets): 16.18 MB (373.22 k)
Cumulative
Connection
Session
General
Upload
Upload-Speed: 16.0 KB/s
Average Uploadrate: 16.0 KB/s
Max Upload Rate: 23.3 KB/s
Max Average Upload Rate: 16.1 KB/s
Download
Download-Speed: 15.5 KB/s
Average Downloadrate: 46.6 KB/s
max. Downloadrate: 142.6 KB/s
Max Downloadrate Average: 63.1 KB/s
Cumulative
Time Statistics
Statistics last reset: 28.9.2008 18:17:44
Time Since Last Reset: 11:22 Hours
Session
Runtime: 11:25 Hours
Transfer Time: 11:25 Hours (100.0%)
Current Server Duration: 5:30 Minutes (0.8%)
Total Server Duration: 11:23 Hours (99.7%)
Cumulative
Projected Averages
Clients
Known Clients: 1649
Software
Network
Port
Firewalled (Kad)
Low ID: 420 (25.5%)
Secure Ident (OK : Failed ): 1571 (98.0%) : 32 (2.0%)
Problematic: 0 (0.0%)
Banned: 9
Filtered: 99
Servers
Shared Files
Disk Space

delaspain
29.09.08, 06:55
@anon
NAFC off, all bandwith references off. Doesn't run. I'd tried it all night. :smile:

@elettronvolt,
I have seen this bug mark al people in the queue as banned when this option is on. Nobody uploads from me, and I don't download too. I'm waiting the next release :klatsch_3:

d.Bane
29.09.08, 23:34

Hi to All,

not only invisible mode makes mods based on Neo invisible, at least on my PC

i encountered this since 0.48a NeoMule v4.50

when activating in 'Options>>Mod>>GUIsettings' the option 'Static tray Icon' the tray icon does not appear so when you click to minimize mule it dissappear, the process still runs ofcourse

my workaround is to first minimize mule(before you activate the option), then right-click on mule tray icon and open the 'options' and THEN activate the 'Static tray Icon'

the same with PrE :wink:

sarutobi
30.09.08, 12:49
Hi to All,

not only invisible mode makes mods based on Neo invisible, at least on my PC

i encountered this since 0.48a NeoMule v4.50

when activating in 'Options>>Mod>>GUIsettings' the option 'Static tray Icon' the tray icon does not appear so when you click to minimize mule it dissappear, the process still runs ofcourse

my workaround is to first minimize mule(before you activate the option), then right-click on mule tray icon and open the 'options' and THEN activate the 'Static tray Icon'

the same with PrE :wink:

Yes, that's right. I've taken a deep look at static tray icon code ... there is a small bug that creates that problem.
It will be fixed in next version.
Thanks to all for your reports, suggestions, ecc.

delaspain
08.10.08, 07:01
@Sarutobi

I'm using this mod and it's really fast and accurate. Files with few sources download faster - faster - faster (and everything too :top:). I'm very happy.

Question:
Are the upload to the clients set to some size? (like 1.1 in Dazzle's mod?)
I remember that Argos control ban clients that unloads only 1.1MB (it's posible that I'm wrong).

Feature:
If this is true, do you think that we can gain faster credits if the mod upload randomly 1.1 - 1.5 MB to each client?

thanks

sarutobi
09.10.08, 12:47
@Sarutobi

I'm using this mod and it's really fast and accurate. Files with few sources download faster - faster - faster (and everything too :top:). I'm very happy.

Question:
Are the upload to the clients set to some size? (like 1.1 in Dazzle's mod?)
I remember that Argos control ban clients that unloads only 1.1MB (it's posible that I'm wrong).

Feature:
If this is true, do you think that we can gain faster credits if the mod upload randomly 1.1 - 1.5 MB to each client?

thanks

The upload is not set no any size. The PrE credit system works in inverse way. So it upload more to clients who do not upload to us ... so to gain credits from this. So the amount uploaded is dynamic. Anyway I'll be more accurate in future about this. I've not the source code with me now.

Info: the new version is in a beta state. I hope it'll be released in one or two weeks.

edit: but if you enable upload protection the max upload to client is limited depending on queue position. But you won't get banned by neomule :)