PDA

View Full Version : One of the members here is a skulking spy!!

SealLion
21.09.08, 02:23
I figured I posted this in the right section: "You have a question to the community?"

Ya. I do.

ONe of the mods here is a spy. If its not one of the mods, then its someone else who has access to people's IPs.

I've been banned from PTN as well as from I-Z. Invite Zone, that is.

Heres their URL.
http://www.invite-zone.com/login.

They don't like it that other people mention their name or IP. Who cares??!!:baeh:

Here's the message that I got after I tried to login:

You have been banned for the following reason:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I don't care about being banned from that place as there's nothing there except a bunch of juveniles there, anyways. The posts there are posted by people who live there. Believe it or not!

Ptn may be a different story, though I can always get back in via some invite and a BRAND new IP.

I got banned from one place while simultaneously being banned from the other as both sites have links to one another and are partners.

The main point is that someone here, most likely a moderator or one of the admins for this site, gives away people's IPs to other sites. Thats the main point.

Show yourself, you skulking-insecure-who has to hide and not tell anyone who you are-weak-knee'd-yellow bellied-skunk.

I have some ideas as to who the skulking low-life is.

I don't care about being banned. Ban me if you want for speaking my mind.

YOu know as well as I do that its easy enough to get back in to ANY site.

I was under the impression that my IP is secure. Evidently not!!
Its shared with other sites and admins.

Rebound
21.09.08, 03:14
I can insure you that nobody of our staff team, gives ip addresses to other boards, trackers or other places. The permissions to view ipīs have only 3 staff members and they are trusted!

It makes me sad, that you think sb-i send ip adresses to other sites or boards, because we have a very security system.
And this is the first time that a member say to us, that we are sharing ip adresses!

shoulder
21.09.08, 03:26
SealLion, I'm also pretty sure nobody here shared your IP.

It would be helpful if you tell us who you think is the spy.
If you don't want to tell us in public you can drop me or Rebound a PM. :wink:

SealLion
21.09.08, 04:57
Rebound. If its not you guys on the staff level, then all I can think of is that its one of the regular members here who either saw me post the fact that I have an account at PTN or IZ or are ALREADY a member there {as well as here} and decided to report me directly to either I-Z and/ or PTN, ...or both.

Having thought things out, my guess is that I was mentioned about at one place, then was also banned at the other. Again. Thats because the 2 places are partners with one another.

by the life of me,,,,I can't figure it out why that was done as I've no idea what wrong I've done to anyone here to be back-stabbed like that.

What a yellow-bellied, scoundrel that person is.

If its not you guys on the staff level, then .......well, I can express my suspicions in private.

Shoulder:
Re this:
It would be helpful if you tell us who you think is the spy.
If you don't want to tell us in public you can drop me or Rebound a PM

I just would like to know how and what you guys would do??

I'll just ask that you please be open about it as I may decide to name, names here. Either in public or private. Better in private, I guess.

I've got so much that I'd like to express here in this post. Though its probably best that I don't.

I may not have proof of all things, but I have suspicsions.

shoulder
21.09.08, 13:47
If you didn't use the same username there, no normal user could have reported you to them unless he knows your username/s there.

I just would like to know how and what you guys would do??
I don't know, but I'm sure it would be good to know.
Maybe have a closer look at him or ask him directly and have a look at his reaction.

hitman
21.09.08, 14:10
Show yourself, you skulking-insecure-who has to hide and not tell anyone who you are-weak-knee'd-yellow bellied-skunk.

I have some ideas as to who the skulking low-life is.

I don't care about being banned. Ban me if you want for speaking my mind.

YOu know as well as I do that its easy enough to get back in to ANY site.

I was under the impression that my IP is secure. Evidently not!!
Its shared with other sites and admins.

i would never expect such words from you. you should cool down from my experience with the scene i can tell you that usually the user itself gives the trackers informations that can cause the bann

i mean comon we are germans we dont give a sh...t to english trackers. give me a reason why one of our team member should work with them? for a special account there? comon give them our own ips for an account that is monitored? no way

the 3 persons that have ip overview spent so much time in the forum every day do you really thing that they risks their account at sbi for trackers that usually hate us? no way

i can understand your anger but talking like this with us is the wrong way you should take a deep breath and check your pns an posts if you wrote something that could reveal you to the tracker

if you have someone that is suspicious tell it to us i think that we can talk about the problem thats why we are here

sbi loves his own community and would never share a piece of information with a tracker

Rebound
21.09.08, 14:15
@SL: You should know that here are a lot of staff members, which try to get the ipīs from the users. It can be possible that you have traded with a member and the member was a staff member. So itīs very easy to get your ip address and share it with other boards. In the past come here more staff members. At the moment the trade area are not very secure, you should know this. Trading is every time at your own risk!

But we are working on a new secure area and a safer trading system.

best regards

RB

kazuya
21.09.08, 14:21
I dont think that someone of moderators do this.Rebound knows my user name that i am using on some sites and i have no problems.if they would do that then this site would be empty in a second.

Yeah and Germans are disciplined guys.:top:

@SL: You should know that here are a lot of staff members, which try to get the ipīs from the users. It can be possible that you have traded with a member and the member was a staff member. So itīs very easy to get your ip address and share it with other boards.

its probably that

SealLion
21.09.08, 15:09
HI Everyone.

First off. Its a good thing to see all the mods here in this thread.

I will say this, and that is that it probably wasn't anyone of you. My first thought was that it was one of you who shared my IP with some tracker.

I believe you when you say that it wasn't. I do.

This I say after having reviewed all of your posts here.

Official Apology: Sorry. My bad. :frown:

But I think that you'll understand my initial disappointment and the reasons for my belief in that and my being upset about it all.

Anyways..thats 'water under the bridge, now' as they say.

Secondly. I haven't traded in ages. So I would rule this out.

All I can say after having mentioned the above, is that its then a regular member here who is also a member there at IZ. This is my strongest belief.

I won';t mention at this stage who or how many people. What I will say is that there's more than one member here who is also a member at I-Z.

Not that I care about that site, more so at PTN. As I mentioned before. One site has connections with the other.

Hitman: Thirdly. Believe me. I wouldn't use the same username here and at some torrent site. I've been cheating for some years now and I am aware of the changes necessary to ensure security.

Anyways. You've read my 'Official Apology' above.

What can we do next??

PS: HItman: I just finished reading your sig:
cheaten - wieso kompliziert wenn's auch einfach geht.!

LMAO. Thats hilarious. Thats actually the first time that I read your sig.

hitman
21.09.08, 15:18
But I think that you'll understand my initial disappointment and the reasons for my belief in that and my being upset about it all.

Anyways. You've read my 'Official Apology' above.

you know we are here to talk and yes we understand you at all

:top:

Dagon
21.09.08, 15:50
hey there is another possibiblilty. if u had sbi open and change to another site there is often the "referer" (dont know if this is only a german-english word or an english word) which sents a website the last website u have visited ;-)

even if i normaly dont cheat, i usually open a new window for another website ;-)

Mfg Dagon

shoulder
21.09.08, 16:01
AFAIK the referrer is only sent if you're linked to the site, not if you access it via bookmark or type in the URL by hand.

Manas
21.09.08, 16:17
I'm honestly shocked and sorry about your loss SealLion...
But I can only repeat what the other staff members already said: Nobody of us would have done such a graceless action- the trust and the safety of our members have always been highest priority.

There must be another reason but the most probable thing is that you provided information without noticing it- that can happen very easily and even the best cheaters do such mistakes... :frown:

SealLion
21.09.08, 18:23
Hello all:

Here's what I am thinking of currently:

Within my posts here on SBI, I've mentioned about being on PTN {But so have a few others }. I am beginning to think that someone here at SBI read one of my posts here about being on PTN; knew of the fact I was on IZ or made a wild guess about it, knew also that I've been on PTN as per one of my postings here on this forum; called someone there at IZ about me being here; and someone else made a banning decision at both places then.

The only person that knows of me being at IZ is one of my friends here at SBI. I won't reveal his identity for obvious reasons.

There is one other person that I am aware of that is at IZ. And he's viewed my profile.

EDIT:

EDIT: He's not even listed in the last 10 visitors who've viewed my profile.

I am wondering why he's not listed there anylonger. Is there a limit to having listed the number of people who view your profile??

Is 10 the maximum?? Or can the number of people who view one's profile go beyond 10??

All I could think of is that there lurks a silent little rat here in the forums that doesn't post or posts very little or hasn't been online for some time.

.....just lurks to see who he can recognize and then makes decisions about his account at some tracker that the user has made mention of right here at SBI.

Enter: The Virtual Spy.

I've been thinking of this and that there are probably admins {or administrative helpers} from other sites here at SBI.

They just lurk around.

Thats my opinion and that is not improbable either.
As equally as its not improbable for us to be at one of their trackers.

Manas: Yes. Your right. I don';t believe any longer that a mod here would have done something like that. Not after having reviewed the above posts.

There is another way that someone here discovered who I am. I've made mention of that above.

shoulder
21.09.08, 18:34
I'm pretty sure that admins, or at least staff members, are here.

I know about german tracker staff here and I also know the consequences one mistake can cause.
And since we're popular there's no reason why international staff members shouldn't be here.

It's sad but we can't do anything against it. :frown:

e//

Is there a limit to having listed the number of people who view your profile??
All views are counted, you can see the exact number.
Only the last 10 users who visited your profile are listed. :wink:

anon
21.09.08, 19:17
I'll post my outlook of the situation.

First of all, nobody was going to ban you from here having exposed your arguments for thinking about the "spy" thing clearly, and without breaking rule 8, like you've done. Here at SB-I your opinion will always be respected at the very least - even if others don't agree with it (having reasons for that, like in this case, or not) -, if you give yourself grounds to be respected. :smile:

It's bad that you've lost two accounts, man. :frown: I understand your frustration.

When I first read about you thinking someone from here could be a spy, I thought you meant a 0-poster or someone with very few posts looking at your (and others') posts (after all, we're quite known in the tracker "scene", and I can assure you tracker admins drop by here every now and then), but not a VIP or Moderator. Bear in mind that, like Rebound said, only a very few select staff members in a position of trust have access to others' IPs - it'd be stupid to let all the effort they've done to achieve this go to hell to snitch on a tracker/invite board, right? And our Mods have pretty much started the board and keep it running, so I could say the same about them "reporting" you and countering their own forum's efforts.

It could be possible that such a "spy" with no posts has seen yours and compared your posting style with the one you've used at I-Z's - have you done the same things as with your posts here (for example, using {}'s and italics inside them) at that board?
If you'd rather don't disclose this in public, you can PM me.

hitman has also posted a true fact - the vast majority of trackers hate us, so why reporting on you? To get something that if the "spy" used, could be traced to him for sure?

I'm glad you've embraced these points and posted an "official apology", though. :smile:
It could possible that there's a spy at this board - but it's not one of our VIPs/Mods. Really. For sure.

@post #9 PS's: well, it is. :biggrin:

@Dagon: shoulder is right, the HTTP referer (yes, you've written it the right way :biggrin:) is only sent if you click a link in the same page to another one. Just checked this with smsniff, and manually typing a site's URL or visiting it through a bookmark doesn't send the referer header.
Plus, our redirect.php makes sure links stay anonymous (like with anonym.to), by using a META REFRESH tag, which avoids a direct link to other sites and again, doesn't send such header.

@post #14: after seeing the two "tips" you've given, I think I know who you mean - and it could be possible for him to be the "spy", but I'm not pointing a finger to anyone.
Plus, at the time of this writing, he's between your last 10 profile-visitors, and you've stated: "he's not even listed in the last 10 visitors who've viewed my profile".

Ten is the maximum. Your profile can be of course viewed more than 10 times by anyone and overall, but only the last ten people that have viewed it appear in the list.

And of course tracker/other sites' admins are always around here. Like shoulder said, it's unavoidable.

CindyVer
21.09.08, 20:28
Separate your cheaters life from your tracker life at all costs and you won't have to wonder who could have ratted you out when you get banned.

Aurion
23.09.08, 20:06
Well,first of all I'm very sorry & disappoined for what happened to ya on both sites and wish that the person who did that just rot in hell for that silly unpolite action of his,on the other hand I would like to assure you on all of my accounts over there around the web (I would bet them on those words,some people here know I can do that) that whoever did that isn't one of this great great family,never never think of that again SL,you might get confused sometimes,uncertain some other times too but not suspicious about any of hte responsible guys here @ SB-I,we are one family my friend,you already knew that from day 1 I guess,you still can question what happened to ya,that's your absolute right,but don't think that mods/staff did that,never do that,we will help including myself to be dedicated to know about that guy,and if necessary (on mods approval),punish/ban him for doing that since he's a global threat on all of us.....at last I just would like to say sorry again for your loss,and assure you as other mods/VIPs mentioned earlier that by somehow that guy managed to do that on his own & without the help or intention of any member of SB-I.........

If It turned to be one of the Mods/Staff (which is would assume way way way impossible to imagine or happen or even believe),you got my word,that I will give away all my current/future accounts on all trackers I'm in...that's it :mad2:

DarkSpirit
01.10.08, 14:59
Hi all
:smile:

After reading wat appened to SealLion, I am thinking... well... it could be a idiot question... but...

Hmm, Is it possible to other site to open and get info from the Cookie "xxx@sb-innovation.txt" or, at last see if it exists in the user's PC?

Could it be a way to ban a user from some tracker site?

anyway is better to logout here and delet Cookies before accessing tracker sites.

v6ph1
01.10.08, 15:29
After reading wat appened to SealLion, I am thinking... well... it could be a idiot question... but...

Hmm, Is it possible to other site to open and get info from the Cookie "xxx@sb-innovation.txt" or, at last see if it exists in the user's PC?

Could it be a way to ban a user from some tracker site?

anyway is better to logout here and delet Cookies before accessing tracker sites.
Normaly not. Your browser allow only the visited site to see their own cookie.

Maybe one out of the tracker stuff read here without registration.

best regards
v6ph1

Aurion
01.10.08, 17:38
@DarkSpirit: that's not possible unless you got a Malware,Spyware or Trojan that sends personal tracking coockies to certain targets...so it would be an IP stealthing part if well said,that got SeaLion busted

SealLion
02.10.08, 06:40
No. Its none of the above mentioned that got me banned. I know what it was.

Is it possible to close this thread??

I can't seem to do it in 'thread tools'

anon
02.10.08, 17:46
Is it possible to close this thread??

I can't seem to do it in 'thread tools'

Only VIPs and Mods can close threads.

Anyway, it's now closed. :top: