PDA

View Full Version : MPAA Wants ISPs to Cut Off Pirates

anon
02.09.08, 22:33
Following on from the IFPI-inspired Italian blockade of The Pirate Bay, the MPAA’s President has been in Italy offering ideas on how to deal with the ‘problem’ of unauthorized file-sharing. Not wanting to flirt too much with originality, Robert Pisano is backing a 3 strikes-and-you’re-out policy. Just how far will the Italian government go in its currently tough anti-piracy mood?

MPAA Wants ISPs to Cut Off Pirates | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-wants-isps-to-cut-off-pirates-080902/)

Well, I'm not surprised he took a nice trip to Italy to "collaborate" :shy:

Aurion
03.09.08, 23:20
I think it's a matter of time till the Italian gov just gives up the whole damn thing,since other orgs won't affect local ones that easily IMO unless they do have something touchy regarding illegal filesharing movements taking place in their own country,so just forget about that jerk "Robert Pisano",he is just a loser who wants to spread out his silly policy outside his country (no doubt that he internally failed to convince them over there with his views)

anon
04.09.08, 00:28
I think it's a matter of time till the Italian gov just gives up the whole damn thing

Hopefully so it'll be :smile:
They have stated that "[their] goal is not to punish anyone but rather to give them a reason to do the same downloading, but through legal channels"... sounds better than cutting down and jailing filesharers to me.

Aurion
04.09.08, 15:37
even with authorizing those downloads,do you think that users would stop torrenting ?? I don't think so,dude it's about freedom of Inet experience whenever users like it to happen so they got to stop that sh**

anon
04.09.08, 20:37
Of course not :wink:
Anyway I have tried those "legal P2P programs" and they're a disaster... the UI is so bloated, they take a long time to start, you have to register to use them, it's impossible to find even popular tracks and all MP3s are of very low quality (64kbps or worse), speeds suck and peers disconnect all the time. :redface:
Compare this with the "illegal" programs that start instantly, have a straightforward GUI, and a wide selection of mostly high-quality tracks which take just a few minutes to download, mostly at full speed... :wink:

Aurion
05.09.08, 18:01
Yeah sure,I was mentioning that they just want us to use Legal tools instead of using out Illegal ones which just make us comfortable with whatever we do,this sux man

anon
05.09.08, 21:25
P2P deemed as "illegal": you can max out your connection, there's a huge variety of content and most of it is of acceptable/good bitrates.

"Legal" P2P: slow/terrible speeds, and very restricted, low-quality content. <- THIS IS WHAT THE RIAA WANTS YOU TO USE

I think the message is clear :biggrin: