PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome (FINAL)

Pages : [1] 2

anon
02.09.08, 21:53
Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.

One box for everything
Type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and web pages.

Thumbnails of your top sites
Access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab.

Shortcuts for your apps
Get desktop shortcuts to launch your favorite web applications.

DOWNLOAD PAGE (http://www.google.com/chrome)

Yep, Google's web browser :tongue:

vDD+wR
02.09.08, 22:37
looks pretty nice i have to admit, but i've never heard that google' developing a browser...:rolleyes2:
but i rather stay with the rock solid opera :top:
who knows what google implemented to know what p0rn sites you're currently opening...:biggrin:

greetz

anon
02.09.08, 22:55
looks pretty nice i have to admit, but i've never heard that google' developing a browser...:rolleyes2:

Well, here you are :top:
But they have already developed [private] operating and file systems, so a browser doesn't surprise me :tongue:

but i rather stay with the rock solid opera :top:

Me too :wink: But I'll have to say, that new "V8" faster JavaScript VM sounds interesting... hopefully it'll be implemented in current browsers too :tongue:

who knows what google implemented to know what p0rn sites you're currently opening...:biggrin:

The browser itself is open-source (http://code.google.com/chromium/), so such "call homes" would be spotted instantly :biggrin:

rufus0815
03.09.08, 03:29
The browser itself is open-source (http://code.google.com/chromium/), so such "call homes" would be spotted instantly :biggrin:

Google Chrome Privacy (http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/privacy.html) :frown:

Nobody
03.09.08, 07:41
Firefox + Ubiquity is the future I think. Command-line internet manipulation is just awesome sauce.

vDD+wR
03.09.08, 08:30
Google Chrome Privacy:frown:

didn't read the whole article, but what i read souds unproblematic to me... nearly every option thats sends information to google can be disabled, and they provide the how-to for disableing too. never thought that google would do such thing.:wink:
but as anon said, that its open source, i think they have to provide such features, otherwise they can never get over the prejudices about calling-home techonlogies..:biggrin:
(youtube.com/watch?v=AuRzIxereSg - YouTube - Google Documentary 1/5 if you dont the google documatary,a little old already but still a pretty good one)

EDIT:

just found those benchmarks: (winfuture.de)

But I'll have to say, that new "V8" faster JavaScript VM sounds interesting...
http://screenshots.winfuture.de/1220441825.jpg

http://screenshots.winfuture.de/1220440707.jpg
so, googles new browser is rockin a little (and its only b3ta) :rolleyes2:

the whole article can be read there: WinFuture.de - Google Chrome: Leistungsvergleich mit Firefox & Co. (http://winfuture.de/news,41981.html)

english source for the benchmarks. pretty much the same, i think :wink: :
Speed test: Google Chrome beats Firefox, IE, Safari | Business Tech - CNET News (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10030888-92.html)

Aurion
03.09.08, 15:43
nice to see Google's first browser in a life scene !! Installing...... Testing.....

Sounds great tho :top:

anon
03.09.08, 18:31
@Aurion: it seems to be unable to work Sandboxed (doesn't connect to anything), so you'll have to test it in a VM or another Windows install.

IMPORTANT

I think all of you need to know this!

So, are you enjoying the snappy, clean performance of Google Chrome since downloading yesterday? If so, you might want to take a closer peek at the end user license agreement you didn't pay any attention to when downloading and installing it. Because according to what you agreed to, Google owns everything you publish and create while using Chrome. Ah-whaaa?

Here are the juicy bits in question:

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

Google Chrome: Google Chrome EULA Claims Ownership of Everything You Create Using Chrome, From Blog Posts to Emails (http://gizmodo.com/5044871/google-chrome-eula-claims-ownership-of-everything-you-create-using-chrome-from-blog-posts-to-emails)

:eek13:

Logitech
03.09.08, 18:54
Google's Chrome one step forward, two steps back.

anon
03.09.08, 18:57
Really, huh?
And Google's slogan is "don't be evil" :redface:

vDD+wR
03.09.08, 20:12
Google Chrome: Google Chrome EULA Claims Ownership of Everything You Create Using Chrome, From Blog Posts to Emails

geez, how could they do such stupid thing?! :stupid:
as Logitech said, the only good thing about chrome so far, is the greatly improved javascripting engine.
everything else, ...:twak_2:

And Google's slogan is "don't be evil"
lol, seems like they love some irony :rolleyes2:
--
just watching tv and they showed an article about chrome, and all they metioned was that its the fastest acting browser available, very slim install, no need to upgrade ram or the processor (wtf), bla, bla, bla... nothing about the negative side...very one-sided :eek13:

Logitech
03.09.08, 20:18
Really, huh?
And Google's slogan is "don't be evil" :redface:

You didn't posted the whole slogan:

"Don't be evill, because we're and you can't stop us:baeh:"

anon
03.09.08, 20:39
geez, how could they do such stupid thing?! :stupid:
as Logitech said, the only good thing about chrome so far, is the greatly improved javascripting engine.
everything else, ...:twak_2:

I think the same. Glad V8 is open-source, so it could be added to current browsers without having to use Chrome and give Google rights over everything we do with it!
Unless it's in the EULA that the "we own everything you do" also applies to any browser with V8, etc... :redface:

just watching tv and they showed an article about chrome, and all they metioned was that its the fastest acting browser available, very slim install, no need to upgrade ram or the processor (wtf), bla, bla, bla... nothing about the negative side...very one-sided :eek13:

Here you also can't find anything about this EULA point in at least the first 10 Google search pages when looking for "google chrome"...
Oh well :eek13:

Edit:

The Chromium source code is released under a BSD licence. Users of the Google Chrome executable code version must accept Google Chrome Terms of Service instead. A Slashdot news item has drawn attention to a passage in the EULA reading

"By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services."

The passage in question is inherited from the general Google terms of service. The Register summarizes the passage as "Your copyright goes up in smoke".

A user who doesn't want to be bound by this "Service Agreement", can bypass it by downloading the source code, and building it oneself (or using a version built by someone else). Building from the source code, although, requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Such self-built executables should be properly named Chromium, not Chrome.

So hopefully we'll be seeing Chromium builds around the net soon :smile:

0ldboy
03.09.08, 21:24
WOW, i've tested it a lil' bit, WOW

Its really fast, faster than Firefox 3 for me (!) with my DSL 16k connection!

It didn't crash and the look-and-feel is okay!

Well done GOOGLE (REMEMBER, ITS JUST A BETA)

edit: Also good "import-functions", good security-features, BUT more RAM as firefox needed cause' it loads every TAB like a single browser-window (reason: to avoid global crashes)!

anon
03.09.08, 21:27
And Google now owns that post you've just made. :wink:
If someone could compile a Chromium build for us this wouldn't be a problem. :biggrin:

edit: Also good "import-functions", good security-features, BUT more RAM as firefox needed cause' it loads every TAB like a single browser-window (reason: to avoid global crashes)!

Like the IE8 beta, but how much RAM does this use after opening a few tabs?
IE8 would reach like 80MB per tab :eek13:

vDD+wR
03.09.08, 21:35
Well done GOOGLE (REMEMBER, ITS JUST A BETA)
yeah... but you read the posts from anon above?:wink:
hope you just installed it for testing purposes!

A user who doesn't want to be bound by this "Service Agreement", can bypass it by downloading the source code, and building it oneself (or using a version built by someone else). Building from the source code, although, requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Such self-built executables should be properly named Chromium, not Chrome.

So hopefully we'll be seeing Chromium builds around the net soon

lol, right, can't be really that hard to build such an application, if the whole source code is available, right? but a good idea, looks like google dug its own grave, by making this project open-source :top: (hope there will be such apps:wink:)

anon
03.09.08, 21:48
but a good idea, looks like google dug its own grave, by making this project open-source :top: (hope there will be such apps:wink:)

Heh, when it comes to owning everyone's posts, they did :wink:
But remember that between their objectives was making the Web better, and that's why they made it open-source... :smile:

Here's (http://dev.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/build-instructions-windows) how to build Chromium on Windows, by the way...

vDD+wR
04.09.08, 14:57
good news though, for all who wanted to use the new google browser but refused bcause of the licence agreement!

Google said on Wednesday that it plans to alter contract terms that gave the search provider broad rights to use anything entered into its new Chrome browser.

they have changed the section 11, which said, that they can use your information typed into the browser as they want, into:

"11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services."
source was cnet.com: Google backtracks on Chrome license terms | Beyond Binary - A blog by Ina Fried - CNET News (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10031703-56.html)

looks like google came back on the right course again..:rolleyes2: but there are still issues with google's new feature called Omnibox..

Privacy advocates are starting to sound the alarm over a feature in Google's Chrome that sends anything typed in the browser's Omnibox back to Google.
the source here: EFF: We're concerned about Google's Omnibox | Webware : Cool Web apps for everyone - CNET (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10032047-2.html)

but it is said that this feature can be easily diabled, so that no data is sent ot google.
another option of avoiding that google gets your data, is that you switch over into incognito mode, so that you data (history, cookies, ...) is stored on your hard drive only and will be erased once you close the incognito window.

even if google changed the EULA slightly, i would wait for a cleaned up chronuim though without any calling-home functions:top:

maybe someone will use the guide anon provided one post earlier!:smile:

But remember that between their objectives was making the Web better, and that's why they made it open-source...
and they were right with making the web better, when it comes the coparison of the java engine. and another good thing google did was to unite nearly the whole internet against themselves, lol :klatsch_3:

0ldboy
04.09.08, 17:40
I changed (back) to FIREFOX, because TS-Tracker doesn't allow Google-Chrome ^^

AND, i almost forgot, Chrome doesn't have integrated RSS-Feed-Reader :-(

Despite a good browser (RC 1 or so even could do better)

vDD+wR
04.09.08, 20:11
I changed (back) to FIREFOX, because TS-Tracker doesn't allow Google-Chrome ^^

lol, u know why chrome isn't allowed there?
because of the data thats sent to google?
but since nearly every tracker implemented an encryption option, there could be nothing wrong with that cause the data has to be decrypted first...

anon
04.09.08, 21:51
Thanks vDD for the info :top:

and they were right with making the web better, when it comes the coparison of the java engine.

You're right with that: it scored pretty much better than any other JS machine out there.

and another good thing google did was to unite nearly the whole internet against themselves, lol :klatsch_3:

Yep, they almost did :biggrin:
(as they had to change the EULA because point 11 didn't go unnoticed :wink:)

Rebound
04.09.08, 22:04
At the moment we are talking about a chrome ban. Perhaps we block the chrome browser completely from our forum.

The reason is easy: Every chrome version have his own identity number, with this number the browser sends informations to google. That means google know what are you doing in the internet!!!

best regards

Rebound

anon
04.09.08, 22:19
It's things like that that make me hope a Chromium build comes out soon, without all the call homes and tracers: just to stay safe while still being able to take advantage of Chrome's new features :smile:

vDD+wR
05.09.08, 12:40
At the moment we are talking about a chrome ban. Perhaps we block the chrome browser completely from our forum.

blocking/banning chrome would be the right step since the security consciousness has gotten a big theme and the hydra google tries to grab all of the available data with its many arms...hehe:rolleyes2:
and i dont see the problem if sb-i improves its security like many other websites will probably do so too or already did!:wink:

It's things like that that make me hope a Chromium build comes out soon

yeah, i hope so too!:top: but we'll have to wait till the final is released though, cause, when a chrome clone is released now, all the bugs that go with the chrome b3ta would be implemented into the chronium too..:frown:

just to stay safe while still being able to take advantage of Chrome's new features that would be the ultimate combination though!:klatsch_3:

EDIT:

just a solution on a website of how to remove the individual id number that is sent to google when using chrome. just found a german site, but the on the it can be seen what has to be removed.
maybe, if someone finds an english website he could post it here :top:

site: http://winfuture.de/news,42040-5.html#id

to be a little more secure, if you use chrome! :wink:

anon
05.09.08, 22:37
blocking/banning chrome would be the right step since the security consciousness has gotten a big theme and the hydra google tries to grab all of the available data with its many arms...hehe:rolleyes2:

I think the same too, until the unique ID is no longer generated, or made an optional process the user is told about.

and i dont see the problem if sb-i improves its security like many other websites will probably do so too or already did!:wink:

If we block Chrome from our board and then a lot of other sites start doing it too, it'll become widespread and a "warning" to Google about this privacy concern.

yeah, i hope so too!:top: but we'll have to wait till the final is released though, cause, when a chrome clone is released now, all the bugs that go with the chrome b3ta would be implemented into the chronium too..:frown:

that would be the ultimate combination though!:klatsch_3:

That's right. It'd be awesome if someone could release a Chromium build for us, without the user tracking or call homes, but it's still beta, and people doing this probably don't have as much time to merge their modifications to the latest codebase, then compiling and releasing after every new version is out like Google's developer team has :frown:

EDIT:

just a solution on a website of how to remove the individual id number that is sent to google when using chrome. just found a german site, but the on the it can be seen what has to be removed.
maybe, if someone finds an english website he could post it here :top:

site: WinFuture.de - Google Chrome: Die wichtigsten Tipps und Tricks (http://winfuture.de/news,42040-5.html#id)

to be a little more secure, if you use chrome! :wink:

Extremely nice find, vDD :wink: This is really useful for current Chrome users concerned about their privacy.
So I have made a quick, small translation of the article's text so that our non-german speaking users can also understand it:

We have recently reported that Google's new browser has the unpleasant habit of phoning home, regularly getting in contact with their servers. It also will, during instalation, generate an unique user ID number.

In order to prevent Google from tracking your online activities, you can delete this ID: open the file "Local State" (no extension) with a text editor. In Windows Vista, this file can be found in the directory:

C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data

and in XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USER NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data

http://screenshots.winfuture.de/1220613431.jpg

Now look for the area beginning with "user_experience_metrics", and delete the values "client_id" and "client_id_timestamp", as highlighted in the picture. Save the file and write-protect it (file properties).

After starting Chrome, it will create a file in the same folder called "Local State.tmp", in which the above-mentioned changes also need to be made.

Have fun :smile:

vDD+wR
06.09.08, 18:18
Extremely nice find, vDD This is really useful for current Chrome users concerned about their privacy.
So I have made a quick, small translation of the article's text so that our non-german speaking users can also understand it:
thanks for translating it! :top:
i didn't had the time to translate the whole article, and so i just copied the link into my post. :rolleyes2:

If we block Chrome from our board and then a lot of other sites start doing it too, it'll become widespread and a "warning" to Google about this privacy concern.
i really, really hope that this will help that other sites begin to ban chrome users from their websites too, and that google stops bullshitting the people who are using their applications. :mad2:

anon
06.09.08, 18:39
thanks for translating it! :top:
i didn't had the time to translate the whole article, and so i just copied the link into my post. :rolleyes2:

No problem :wink:

i really, really hope that this will help that other sites begin to ban chrome users from their websites too, and that google stops bullshitting the people who are using their applications. :mad2:

In the meantime, we'll have to resort to workarounds like doing all the browsing in incognito windows and removing the unique ID with the method you linked to if we want to use Chrome without being bugged... :redface:

Update:

A DoS attack vulnerability has been discovered in Chrome:

Software:
Google Chrome Browser 0.2.149.27

Tested:
Windows XP Professional SP3

Result:
Google Chrome Crashes with All Tabs

Problem:
An issue exists in how chrome behaves with undefined-handlers in chrome.dll version
0.2.149.27. A crash can result without user interaction. When a user is made to visit
a malicious link, which has an undefined handler followed by a 'special' character,
the chrome crashes with a Google Chrome message window "Whoa! Google Chrome has crashed.
Restart now?". It lies in dealing with the POP EBP instruction when pointed out by the
EIP register at 0x01002FF4.

It's already acknowledged and fixed in the SVN version:

Issue 122 - chromium - Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=122)

Aurion
06.09.08, 19:51
LOL 2 weeks release old & major security bugs found :tongue: this is LAME !! can't believe that Google with it's incredible development teams can't create a tight browser empty of bugs

anon
06.09.08, 19:58
Yeah, and think, the auto-download bug had already been fixed in Safari (whose engine Google's browser uses) before it was re-discovered in Chrome! :tongue:
At least this new one has already been fixed in the SVN repository...

Aurion
07.09.08, 17:22
Well,I guess some one has intentionally managed to do such a bug in their core system tho !! since Google developing team ain't that n00b to mistake like this

anon
07.09.08, 19:55
since Google developing team ain't that n00b to mistake like this

Well, I don't think they did in purpose...
But as you said before, it's still in beta :wink:

vDD+wR
08.09.08, 22:05
But as you said before, it's still in beta:wink:

btw as i can remember, it was nearly the same with safari, when it was launched for the windows OS..
first they had some really bad security holes in it.. don't know if the majority is fixed now, but i hope..:wink:

so time is our best friend at the moment.:biggrin:

anon
08.09.08, 22:49
btw as i can remember, it was nearly the same with safari, when it was launched for the windows OS..
first they had some really bad security holes in it.. don't know if the majority is fixed now, but i hope..:wink:

Well, my guess is that Google's working right now at full speed to solve Chrome's bugs and vulnerabilities too :smile: This project has earned a lot of attention around the Net, because it's their attempt of a browser people will want to use -with several proponents for that :wink:- so they can't screw up :smile:

so time is our best friend at the moment.:biggrin:

Yes, we'll have to wait and see. :biggrin:

vDD+wR
09.09.08, 10:57
with several proponents for that
yep, but can't be that much..:rolleyes2:
all of my friends who used/tried it already switched back to whatever, immediately.. :wink:
(not only because it's b3ta still :biggrin:)

just read in an article about and it said that you can't choose another installation folder during the installation.. and i just thought wtf lol
but maybe it has something to do that the program itsself is still in beta phase that it isn't able to run properly when you install it in another folder....
maybe someone can clear this up for me.:top:

greetz

EDIT:

Google Chrome version 0.2.149.29 was released on 5 September 2008
with this update google closed 4 security holes, whereas 2 are classified as critical and 2 as less critical. every chrome user should be updated automatically due to the update feature, if it's activated.

source:
http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/

anon
10.09.08, 00:16
yep, but can't be that much..:rolleyes2:
all of my friends who used/tried it already switched back to whatever, immediately.. :wink:
(not only because it's b3ta still :biggrin:)

Well, it could be a bit more extensible... like Firefox! :biggrin:
But for a beta it's a good start :wink:

just read in an article about and it said that you can't choose another installation folder during the installation.. and i just thought wtf lol
but maybe it has something to do that the program itsself is still in beta phase that it isn't able to run properly when you install it in another folder....
maybe someone can clear this up for me.:top:

Yes, there's some of that: if you copy/move Chrome out of its folder at "Documents and Settings", it won't start anymore - when opening Chrome.exe, your cursor turns to the "arrow with an hourglass" icon for a second, then goes to normal, but the browser itself doesn't run at all.

EDIT:

with this update google closed 4 security holes, whereas 2 are classified as critical and 2 as less critical. every chrome user should be updated automatically due to the update feature, if it's activated.

source:
Google Chrome Releases (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/)

Thanks for the tip :top:

Change the default Downloads directory if it is set to Desktop, and ensure that Desktop cannot be the default. This mitigates the risk of malicious cluttering of the desktop with unwanted downloads, which can lead to executing unwanted files.

That sounds like a workaround to the vulnerability instead to me... they could make it so that certain extensions (like EXE, COM, ZIP) can't be downloaded, or that they're the only ones that can (HTML, PHP, etc...). These could come as default, and more extensions set by the user.

The vulnerability is based on an IFRAME downloading the potentially harmful file, so they can't block everything, as that'd break functionality.

But Google probably knows what it's doing :smile:

vDD+wR
18.09.08, 17:30
just read that 2 new beta releases are out. until now the new release 0.2.149.30 can be downloaded via auto-update only.
a changelog isn't out so far (Google Chrome Releases: Beta updates (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Beta%20updates)), so it can't be said what's fixed in this version.

besides to this, another the version 0.2.152.1 can be downloaded & tested.
a requirement for using this version is that you login into the dev-channel first and then use the auto-update feature.

Note: Dev channel releases are less stable than Beta channel releases. Expect the occasional "sad tab" or even browser crashes (if you turn on 'Help make Google Chrome better..' in Options, we'll get the crash reports so we can fix the bugs).
Automatic updates of new Dev channel releases are published every 1-2 weeks
a detailed step-by-step guide can be found here:
Dev Channel: Early Access to Features and Fixes (Chromium Developer Documentation) (http://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/getting-involved/dev-channel)

all changes so far were made "under the hood" and can be looked up here: Release Notes (Chromium Developer Documentation) (http://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/getting-involved/dev-channel/release-notes/)

Most of the changes in this release are behind-the-scenes changes to support the Mac OS X and Linux versions of Google Chrome. We're re-writing the HTTP network layer and the browser's tab/window manager to make these features more portable across operating systems. In addition, there have been quite a few bugs fixed since the Beta release (0.2.149.29) was built.

greetz :wink:

anon
18.09.08, 21:30
Thanks vDD :wink:

Update:

The newly released Google Chrome Web browser beta is a completely open source solution and a potential challenger to Microsoft's proprietary-code Internet Explorer browser, but Microsoft's Senior Program Manager Scott Hanselman found a little bit of irony in Google's browser as well.

Hanselman looked at Chrome's source code and made an interesting discovery: there's Microsoft code in it!

It turns out that Chrome uses Microsoft's Windows Template Library (WTL), which was released as open source code in May of 2004. Hanselman documented the finding in his blog post on Thursday.

Redmond Developer News (http://reddevnews.com/news/article.aspx?editorialsid=10196)

So Chrome has MS code, heh! I find it OK since the library Google has used is open-source and helps make their browser smaller and faster :wink:... but it seems they've had to disassemble the Windows kernel to add a security "hack" to the WTL library, so we can expect an "answer" from Microsoft soon :wink:

Also, MS has predicted everyone "will embrace IE8 instead [of Chrome]", but now I'm not surprised about this anymore... because either way everyone choosing between the two will be somehow running Microsoft code! :tongue:

vDD+wR
20.09.08, 18:56
np anon! :biggrin:

i like the idea that google uses a libary which is efficiency-proofed already, helps to make the coding cycles of Chrome very short because the ms code they use dont have to programmed from the beginning but "adjusted" only.:wink:
so, if its that good, lets hope MS uses it too for the IE8! :biggrin:
but which is a google typical behaviour since the privacy intrusion of chrome, i think, is that they stole some kernel codes of windows...

so we can expect an "answer" from Microsoft soon
cant wait till MS joins these discussions :wink:

__EDIT__

just found an article about the issue that says generally the opposite..:rolleyes2:

Rumors said that googles using ms code which wasnt published by MS. so, the conclusion was that google did a bit reverse engeneering to in order to get the code.
a comment inside the source code said that this feature isnt documented by MS and can be seen when using a dissambling the kernel32.dll of Vista SP1.
Google refused the recriminations and claimed that the knowledge about it was freely available in the internet. (Uninformed - vol 2 article 4 (http://www.uninformed.org/?v=2&a=4))
In addition they said, dissambling is a common method when it comes to the software engineering to ensure the compatibility.

Source: News: Google - Kein Reverse Engineering | Internet | Software | News | Hardware | GameStar.de (http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/news/internet/1949316/google.html)

because either way everyone choosing between the two will be somehow running Microsoft code!
lol, right
even a "whois"-service might get confused :biggrin:

greetz vdd

anon
20.09.08, 23:32
np anon! :biggrin:

i like the idea that google uses a libary which is efficiency-proofed already, helps to make the coding cycles of Chrome very short because the ms code they use dont have to programmed from the beginning but "adjusted" only.:wink:
so, if its that good, lets hope MS uses it too for the IE8! :biggrin:

I think the same too, everyone benefits: Chrome would be small and fast, and Microsoft would benefit of the "advertising" one of Google's products that's using their library creates. :wink:

Yes :biggrin: Or else it'd be a bit funny that MS makes a lightweight library but releases a bloated version of their browser...

but which is a google typical behaviour since the privacy intrusion of chrome, i think, is that they stole some kernel codes of windows...

Google went a bit far this time now: they've disassembled Microsoft's code, in an attempt to make their browser bypass DEP - it's OK, DEP isn't perfect (it thinks CS is a harmful program), so if it was interrupting the browser's functions, hard-disabling it would be the only way to make it work... but now I'm less surprised Chrome doesn't work sandboxed.

cant wait till MS joins these discussions :wink:

I can say the same, specially after what follows...

__EDIT__

just found an article about the issue that says generally the opposite..:rolleyes2:

Rumors said that googles using ms code which wasnt published by MS. so, the conclusion was that google did a bit reverse engeneering to in order to get the code.
a comment inside the source code said that this feature isnt documented by MS and can be seen when using a dissambling the kernel32.dll of Vista SP1.
Google refused the recriminations and claimed that the knowledge about it was freely available in the internet. (Uninformed - vol 2 article 4 (http://www.uninformed.org/?v=2&a=4))
In addition they said, dissambling is a common method when it comes to the software engineering to ensure the compatibility.

Source: News: Google - Kein Reverse Engineering | Internet | Software | News | Hardware | GameStar.de (http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/news/internet/1949316/google.html)

Thanks for your translation, I'll add this to our Chrome blog article today or tomorrow. It's an important update... Google disassembling a core Windows DLL to bypass data execution protection, while using lightweight code they claimed was free but isn't.

lol, right
even a "whois"-service might get confused :biggrin:

C:> whois google.com
google.com [72.14.207.99] = MICROSOFT CORP.
:tongue:

vDD+wR
25.09.08, 23:01
breaking news:

Because Chrome is based on an Open-Source project called "Chromium", it is free to everyone to edit an existing version or to build a modified version of the Chrome browser.
So did Stefan Ries with its firm SRWare. He programs a Chrome-clone, called "Iron", which has the same functionality as Chrome but comes without any of the privacy-breaking "enhancements".

Client ID

Chrome
Chrome creates a unique ID through which a user can potentially be indentified.

Iron
In Iron this doesn't exist

Timestamp

Chrome
Chrome remembers the exact time and date it was installed up to the second.

Iron

Suggestions

Chrome
Depending on your settings, every time you type something in the address bar it is sent to Google to show search tips.

Iron

Alternate error pages

Chrome
If you mistype a site's address, this is sent to Google and you receive an error message from their servers.

Iron

Error reporting

Chrome
Depending on your settings, details about crashes or errors are sent to Google.

Iron

Release tracking

Chrome
This Chrome function sends encoded information to Google, like when and where Chrome has been installed, between others.

Iron

Google Updater

Chrome
Chrome installs an updater that starts with Windows and runs constantly in the background.

Iron

URL Tracker

Chrome
Depending on your settings, it calls the Google home page five seconds after Chrome is launched.

Iron
In Iron this doesn't exist.

source:http://www.srware.net/software_srware_iron.php

anon
25.09.08, 23:16
THX as always vDD :wink:

So finally the call-home free, clean build we've been expecting came out! :wink:
Good job Stefan Ries. :top: We can now enjoy Chrome's engine and new features without feeling exposed as long as it's running... :redface:

I'll install and test it in my test Windows ASAP - it also doesn't work sandboxed :frown:

Aurion
27.09.08, 00:37
so now they are just giving uses rights for determining which settings they want to use in order to just cover the cloaked stealthing ID tracking ?? nah,won't buy that :redface:

anon
27.09.08, 00:58
I don't know what you mean... Iron actually removes the unique ID and other tracking features instead :wink:
I have tried it in my test Windows today, and it works perfectly. :top:

Aurion
30.09.08, 01:09
lol my words were very clear dude,I meant they already knew about those guys who just released that Iron thing to remove their injected ID tracker...still a lousey cheap idea to use it

anon
30.09.08, 14:14
OK, I understand you now, but...

still a lousey cheap idea to use it

Why is that? Now Chrome has been "disinfected" it's a nice idea to use Iron :wink:
Although you of course may be more used to your main browser and want to keep on using it instead, and I fully respect that.

vDD+wR
03.10.08, 18:17
some new news about CHrome:

it seems like that CHrome has even gotten more pupular since the issue with the privacy appeared.
it even left opera (2.17%) behind (with 6.23%) when it comes to the comparison of the number of users accessing webpages with one of the browsers.

the statistic: after
http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/chrometc.jpg
Source: Google Analytics Now Tracks Chrome. Our Share: 6.23% (http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/09/04/google-analytics-now-tracks-chrome-our-share-623/)

also interesting is the chart that was taken two days before the 2nd where it can be seen that the amount of IE users went back in the same time as CHrome was released. (with almost the same percentage:eek3:)

the statistic:before
http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/tcvisits.jpg
Source:GetClicky Analytics Service Tracking 2% Google Chrome Usage (http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/09/02/getclicky-analytics-service-tracking-2-google-chrome-usage/)

anon
03.10.08, 18:32
Thanks for your update! :wink:

As you've said before, Google's new browser is already rocking a little. Must have been its revolutionary new and fast engine/features that led to it, plus all the privacy invasion, unique ID, tracking "drama" that started just after a few days it was released, in my opinion.

Although it could outnumber Opera -which has been around for years- in popularity, in just a few weeks. That's to be respected...

Mutter
03.10.08, 18:42
It has a big name everybody recognises so thats mainly the reason...Opera is still my favourite, I just dont like a browser from a big information-kraken like google.
(same goes for M$-products, so Im not just a google-basher...)

anon
03.10.08, 20:16
Thanks for sharing your opinion, too. :smile:

You're right about Chrome being backed up by having the name of an Internet icon (Google) behind. I forgot to write that in my previous post - was in a rush when writing it, and also lost all of it because the computer I was working at wasn't working properly, so I had to re-do it once again... :redface:

I'm staying with Opera too, hehe :top:

Aurion
04.10.08, 21:16
@anon: yeah you are kinda right...it seems that people loved using that browser since a well known trade mark such as "Google" is injected in the "About Chrome" window which actually sux since a great firm as Google shouldn't have made such a lousey browser in the first place just to monitor users movements...still I guess I'm happy with my FireFox :top:

anon
04.10.08, 21:28
Well, that's right. The browser's also called Google Chrome. :tongue:

And they finance Firefox for that matter :biggrin: But have stated Chrome won't "interrupt" with their FF funding or something like that. Good to know :smile:

Aurion
11.10.08, 16:05
hehe,yeah I guess franchising or retail selling & promotion is a one sided approach that cann't be over mixed with other products...to be simple,one product is way different than another regarding features,functions,quality assurance & integreity which eventually lead to customer satisfaction... :top:

anon
11.10.08, 23:02
A move from Google leading to customer satisfaction would be removing all call-homes in the official version :wink:

Aurion
12.10.08, 00:47
yeah...but we all know that won't happen any time soon since,I guess the folks over Google love that silly Idea very much..still more promising stable less buggy versions are to come soon :top:

anon
12.10.08, 00:50
That's true, it's not likely to happen. :frown:

In the meantime we'll have to count with SRWare to always update their Iron to the latest codebase; that sounds like they'll soon have lots of pressure on them with each update, as Iron gains more exposure...

Aurion
12.10.08, 18:33
That's why more & more Chrome users will notice how bad they got themselves into when they decided to depend on such a LAME browser...:redface:

anon
12.10.08, 20:16
The browser isn't lame. The privacy intrusion is ^^
Iron all the way...

Aurion
13.10.08, 18:26
nah,for me it is...I didn't like the main frames,browsing engine at all...sounds a bit Rockie :rolleyes: Still it got lots of credits tho since it's release date

vDD+wR
13.10.08, 19:05
Iron update!! :klatsch_3:

as it said in the article Stefan Ries updated recently his version of Googles Chrome Browser, called Iron by integrating an ads-blocker.
With that Stefan Ries reacted on the user wishes, which mostly hinted at a missing function to supress advertisment on websites.
So, Iron is one step ahead of Chrome again by implementing an adblock function.
The filterlist can be found here: http://www.srware.net/downloads/adblock.ini and is applied by simply putting the .ini file into Irons root directory. :top:
(but be aware that adblock works with the updated version of Iron only )

as always, the source :wink: : SRWare.net &bull; Thema anzeigen - Neu: Werbe-Blocker in Iron integriert (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=80)

the updated portable version can be found here: http://www.srware.net/downloads/IronPortable.zip

greetz vDD

Aurion
13.10.08, 19:12
So officially we have an Ad-Blocker root file that would perfeclty suit Chrome...isn't it obvious that Google didn't even try to do something good for the users by at least stealing the idea of Iron & implementing it into a newer updated version so that users feel that there is a follow up done by Google's team regarding the same problems users already reported for before...

vDD+wR
13.10.08, 19:31
So officially we have an Ad-Blocker root file that would perfeclty suit Chrome...isn't it obvious that Google didn't even try to do something good for the users by at least stealing the idea of Iron & implementing it into a newer updated versio

of course it wouldnt be the best way of implementing new features into CHrome by stealing the ideas of others, but thats the problem when 2 similar products are developed under the open source licence...
maybe this is even what Google has hoped to happen - that someone would program a copy of it so that they just have to apply the useful functions and take the credits for it...
but nevertheless you dont have to use Chrome because you have the choice between the two, and even if you use Chrome (because of whatever reason :wink:) you can always use tools as unchrome at first in order to disarm Chrome! :biggrin:

Aurion
13.10.08, 19:36
Yeah...whatever,still Google are too smart to pull grips into such a Successful product as Chrome for it's first annual birth...so I guess leaving the source code opened is the best way for them to just get a full functional browser empty of bugs & tracking IDs :tongue:

anon
14.10.08, 22:11
Thanks vDD!

That's good to hear. Ad-blockers are quite necessary these days as a lot of pages have a lot of advertising, which slows down browsing and disrupts reading the content itself - I'm personally fine with Google text ads, layers and maybe normal size banners, but not with pop-ups/unders that are as big as my screen or "flying" ads, annoyances that seem to plague quite some of my daily-visited sites. :redface:
Adding such a feature to Iron when Chrome doesn't have it means another proponent for using it instead of Google's version, even if it isn't too customizable from the browser's GUI at the moment. :smile:
Now, having it in Chrome's next update will be less of a surprise... lol :tongue:

but nevertheless you dont have to use Chrome because you have the choice between the two, and even if you use Chrome (because of whatever reason :wink:) you can always use tools as unchrome at first in order to disarm Chrome! :biggrin:
That's true, but remember UnChrome can't remove some of the privacy intrusions that are hardcoded in Chrome's EXE (like URL-tracking) - the unique ID and timestamp are stored as plaintext in a separate text file. :smile:

@Aurion: what? Remember it was Iron that came up with the ad-blocker first... and regarding a "fully functional browser empty of bugs and tracking IDs", that's what Google would less want right now in their Chrome. :wink:

Aurion
14.10.08, 22:19
hey anon,don't you understand jargon ? my words were local US english man,I meant what you just said,I know for sure that creators or Iron are the first who offered such a cleaning wizard for bad Chrome's tracking IDs left behind due to browsing...

anon
14.10.08, 22:24
isn't it obvious that Google didn't even try to do something good for the users by at least stealing the idea of Iron & implementing it into a newer updated version

This is what "remember it was Iron that came up with the ad-blocker first" was addressed at, Google hasn't yet stolen Iron's ad-blocker...

so I guess leaving the source code opened is the best way for them to just get a full functional browser empty of bugs & tracking IDs :tongue:

And this is what "that's what Google would less want right now in their Chrome" was addressed at: Google doesn't want a tracking-free browser :wink:

zeroc00l
14.10.08, 23:33
Yeah, Chrome is nice & easy, but for me it doesn't outweigh the new Firerox. : )

anon
14.10.08, 23:50
Firerox? Well, it rocks indeed :biggrin:
I'm staying with my old browser (Opera) too. But I may consider switching to Chrome/Iron because of its speed when more features are implemented. For now it isn't as tweakable as FF or Op :wink:

Aurion
16.10.08, 18:54
This is what "remember it was Iron that came up with the ad-blocker first" was addressed at, Google hasn't yet stolen Iron's ad-blocker...

damn man :shockkk!: I can't believe that you don't understand what I say...it's plain english dude...I didn't mention anything related to Google stealing Iron's Idea....

And this is what "that's what Google would less want right now in their Chrome" was addressed at: Google doesn't want a tracking-free browser :wink:

Also didn't mean that Google do want a tracking ID engine...

All I meant that Google is very happy having other people implement & fix bugs that they failed at removing them....get the Job Done without moving a finger

anon
16.10.08, 19:01
damn man :shockkk!: I can't believe that you don't understand what I say...it's plain english dude...I didn't mention anything related to Google stealing Iron's Idea....

So officially we have an Ad-Blocker root file that would perfeclty suit Chrome...isn't it obvious that Google didn't even try to do something good for the users by at least stealing the idea of Iron........

Also didn't mean that Google do want a tracking ID engine...

That's right:

just get a full functional browser empty of bugs & tracking IDs :tongue:

All I meant that Google is very happy having other people implement & fix bugs that they failed at removing them....get the Job Done without moving a finger

Yes, I'm sure this is what you meant :smile:

It's just that by the looks of your other posts it didn't seem so, that's all...

Aurion
16.10.08, 21:26
it's OK man,here :

isn't it obvious that Google didn't even try to do something good for the users by at least stealing the idea of Iron

I didn't mean that Google did steal,but instead they should have stolen that idea to enhance their new product...

and here :

just get a full functional browser empty of bugs & tracking IDs

I meant,that they should have learned from Iron & implemented the both sweaping ID tracing & ad-blocking engines also to enhance & get a better version of Chrome

anon
16.10.08, 21:41
I didn't mean that Google did steal,but instead they should have stolen that idea to enhance their new product...

Yes, put that way you're right. :smile:

I meant,that they should have learned from Iron & implemented the both sweaping ID tracing & ad-blocking engines also to enhance & get a better version of Chrome

Or even better, the tracking ID should have never been there in the first place... :biggrin:

OK, now we have understood each other, I suggest we go back to the original topic. :wink:

Update

Chrome's Dev Release 0.3.154.3 is out. Only the source code is available ATM.
This is the full changelog:

Release Notes 0.3.154.3
Oct 15, 2008 5:04 PM posted by Mark Larson

Reminder: please file (or update existing) issues at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues .

The release contains mostly bug fixes for 0.3.154.0, but it also introduces a new behavior for downloading files that could be executable content:

r3285 Changes the download behavior for files that could execute code (exe, dll, bat, etc.). These files are now downloaded to unconfirmed_*.download files. In the browser, you're asked if you want to accept the download. Only after you click Save is the unconfirmed_*.download file converted to the real file name. Unconfirmed downloads are deleted when Google Chrome exits.

Other Notable Changes

User Interface

r3177, r3207 Enables sorting columns in the password manager, the list of URLs to load at startup, and the Google Chrome task manager. (Issue 2949, 95)
r3180 Adds a command line switch to start the browser in incognito mode. Thanks to Yarin.Kaul@gmail.com for the contribution. (Issue 1790, 2012)
r3189 Fixes the new bookmark bubble so that pressing enter with focus on the Edit button actually opens the editor. Thanks to developer0420@gmail.com for the fix. (Issue 2863)
r3209 Changes the text in the About dialog to link to credits for other open source software used in Google Chrome and to the Terms of Service.
r3264 Adds support for extended validation (EV) certificates issued ssued by Comodo using the AddTrust root. (Issue 2170)

Plugins

r3211 Fixes a problem with videos stopping after 1 second (Issue 115)
r3272 Allows plugins to post forms (for example, Adobe Reader forms). (Issue 629)
r3276 Adds better support for Windows Media player, specifically improving detection for that plugin at bloomberg.com. (Issue 2846)
r3327 Runs plugins at a normal priority so that they do not cause the browser to become unresponsive.

JavaScript/Web API

r3198 Optimizes the content-type detector ('MIME sniffer') to do fewer, more reliable checks based on data collected during the Google Chrome Beta.
r3231 Fixes a problem with page content disappearing behind plugin windows. For example, when you type a search on a page playing a YouTube video, the search suggestions stay visible instead of going behind the video window. (Issue 1788)
r3269 Change the minimum timer resolution for setTimeout() to 4 milliseconds (up from 1ms). At 1ms, some pages would spin in tight loops and consume 100% of CPU.

Crashes in 154.0

r3172 Fixes a crash when using the spell check Add to dictionary... function. (Issue 3039)
r3278 Fixes a browser crash on tablet PCs running Microsoft Windows Vista.

Aurion
16.10.08, 21:44
Good we did :wink: Btw,nice fast find...the Log looks a bit better than the old one,also a couple of crash courses are resolved I guess that already reported by most users when the very first release got out :top:

anon
16.10.08, 22:06
The unconfirmed_*.download addition is specially a good security feature: this way they make sure that even if executables were downloaded transparently to the user's computer, they become harder to run as you couldn't click the Save button to rename them to .exe/.dll/.bat.

Aurion
17.10.08, 00:49
That sounds a nice feature covering their last butthole :biggrin: so hopefully nothing goes wrong with such a new implementation since sometimes,a downloaded excutable might work in some weird ways operating in the background while the Victim (PC user) i shaving a nice bath :cool:

anon
17.10.08, 01:05
You're right with that:
Say you were downloading a 300MB SFX rip of a game, but as you had other tabs open/things to do, forget to click "Save".
The game keeps on downloading in the background. But you have to leave your computer for a while/etc.
Since Chrome deletes unconfirmed_*.download files you haven't clicked "Save" for on exit, say you come back and the 300 MBs have been downloaded, but you again forget about this and close Chrome. You'd lose the whole download and have to start all over again...

Aurion
17.10.08, 01:30
Well,that's why the main core engine needs a bunch of fix up procedures just to suit Inet user's experience the best way...you see with that deficiency people who might forget about downloadable files will surely lose all their wishes when the (X) button is clicked...I guess with that last change core update...certain bug fixes should be implemented before the final release...otherwise users will start hating that browser (Marketing point of view)

anon
17.10.08, 20:45
They could change it so that you're asked something like "you have 1 pending download, really exit Chrome?" before exiting, if you had left something downloading and forget about it.

Or perhaps it already does this, but there's no way to check as the release is source-only. And I don't think it's the codebase Iron is using because it's been released just 2 days ago...

Aurion
17.10.08, 21:19
Maybe either sides will get a new implementation for that followed up in the next update...let's just wait & see who hits the ball first :tongue:

anon
19.10.08, 01:00
Unless SRWare considers basing their browser on a DEV codebase, I think the next Iron build will be out after a Chrome 0.3.154.3 binary is released, so as to make sure users will be running stable code. :top:

Aurion
19.10.08, 06:34
That's possible too but as long as Google don't implement any future Ad-blocking engines,I guess users would love to hunt for further Iron updates just to surf safely as they always love....:wink:

anon
19.10.08, 18:18
SRWare is also listening to its users and adding new requested features, apart from fixing bugs. This is another point in favor of them :wink:

Aurion
20.10.08, 02:28
Yeah and this is what I love the most about any new product,just to satisfy customers wishes ASAP :top:

vDD+wR
27.10.08, 15:36
A new security hole was found in the latest Chrome bulid 0.2.149.30.
The securityspecialist Liu Die Yu found an Adress-Spoofing-weakness which results in a manipulated URL in the bowser window.
People could use this exploit in order to get personal information of those who are following the corrupted link.
The problem is based on an error of a webkit which actually occured because of google's additionally added source code.
That's why Apples Safari browser, which uses the webkit too, isn't affected by this security hole.
As it seems, Google reacted already and fixed this problem in their developer build 0.3.154.3 - in contrast to the beta version, as already mentioned.
Goolge already cofirmed to the birtish media to know about the problem.

source:
Google Chrome Vulnerable to URL Spoofing - This allows an attacker to pass a fake website as legit to unsuspecting users - Softpedia (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Google-Chrome-Vulnerable-to-URL-Spoofing-96499.shtml)
WinFuture.de - Sicherheitslücke im Google-Browser Chrome entdeckt (http://winfuture.de/news,43199.html)

greetz

anon
27.10.08, 19:10
Adding a feature broke another one. This kind of things happen :tongue:

Aurion
28.10.08, 19:50
LOL another dig up uncovered more & more weak points in this browser...good thing that we have other Geeks who just love to see things imperfect :tongue:

anon
28.10.08, 20:18
good thing that we have other Geeks who just love to see things imperfect :tongue:

I don't know whether they love that or not, but they for sure don't want buggy software to be used by the public :wink:

Aurion
29.10.08, 08:21
I don't know whether they love that or not, but they for sure don't want buggy software to be used by the public :wink:

Yeah,it's about their own points of views man,when they judge a software of not being able to deliver a safely experience,then why the heck ! just crack it up & get the job fixed...

anon
29.10.08, 13:17
Update:

Dev Release: 0.3.154.6

Google Chrome 0.3.154.6 has been released to the Dev channel ONLY. This is a bug fix update to 0.3.154.3.

About the Dev Channel
The Dev channel lets you test the latest fixes and get access to new features as they're being developed. You can learn more about the Dev channel and how to subscribe here: http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/

Reminder: please file (or update existing) issues at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues

Bugs Fixed

r3753 Fixes a crash with Adobe Acrobat 9 whenever you close a tab that was showing a PDF file.
r3710 Fixes a crash while dragging tabs on Windows Vista with pen input or tablet services.
r3803 [Issue 3183] Fixes a crash while dragging tabs.
r3528 [Issue 2069] Fixes problems with the downloaded files shelf not closing and becoming unresponsive.
r3570 [Issue 3539] Fixes not being able to save 'unconfirmed' file types with different names (Save As...).
r3481 [Issue 666] Fixes Silverlight video not playing on some sites.
r3810 [Issue 2929, Issue 3315] Fixes the page encoding menu to work properly again.
r3546, r3659 [Issue 3039] Fixes a crash in the spell checker.
r3621 [issue 2901] Fixes Ctrl+K to work again (focus the address bar and clear it for a new search).

--Mark Larson, Google Chrome Program Manager

Source: Google Chrome Releases (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/)

vDD+wR
29.10.08, 15:52
great to see that Chrome's development is keeps going! :top:
Best about it is that Iron can benefit from their work as Google may have done already! :tongue:

btw did ya know that google's been awarded for being the best comapny in 2008?
see for yourself:
100 Best Companies to Work For 2008: Google snapshot | FORTUNE (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2008/snapshots/1.html)
Broadcaster.com | Video Clip: Google Best Company To Work For See Why! (http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/7337)

maybe you didn't know.. :smile:
(but despite of the clip above, i wouldnt buy all what they are actually telling the reporter...)

anon
29.10.08, 17:14
Best about it is that Iron can benefit from their work as Google may have done already! :tongue:

While also adding new features. It's a win-win :top:
Although we'll have to wait until the code comes out of DEV, since by the looks of it SRWare is only "Ironing" (lol :tongue:) stable versions.

btw did ya know that google's been awarded for being the best comapny in 2008?
see for yourself:
100 Best Companies to Work For 2008: Google snapshot | FORTUNE (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2008/snapshots/1.html)
Broadcaster.com | Video Clip: Google Best Company To Work For See Why! (http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/7337)

maybe you didn't know.. :smile:

Didn't :biggrin:
The video made me remember a special note that has aired on TV some time ago here... It was called "working at Google", but it only showed how employees ate and played ping-pong. :biggrin:

Snitlev
31.10.08, 04:06
Google bringt dritte Beta von Chrome / The third version of Google Chrome

Google hat die dritte Betaversion seines Browsers Chrome zum Download bereitgestellt. Mit der neuen Version haben die Entwickler vor allem Fehler behoben und die Performance von Plug-ins wie Flash, Silverlight, Quicktime und Windows Media verbessert.

Google bringt dritte Beta von Chrome - Software | ZDNet.de News (http://www.zdnet.de/news/software/0,39023144,39198339,00.htm)

"Jeder Nutzer erhält das Update automatisch im Laufe der nächsten Tage", erklärt der zuständige Manager Mark Larson. Über den Eintrag "Info zu Google Chrome" im Einstellungsmenu könne der Browser jederzeit auch manuell aktualisiert werden.

Chrome 03.3.154.9 behebt auch eine Sicherheitslücke, die die Manipulation einer URL in Pop-up-Fenstern ermöglicht. "Durch diesen Fehler können Anwender über die wahre Herkunft einer Website getäuscht werden, um ihnen persönliche Daten zu entlocken", so Larsen. Zudem lädt der Browser ausführbare Dateien nur noch nach einer Rückbestätigung durch den Anwender aus dem Internet herunter. "Nicht bestätigte Downloads werden automatisch gelöscht, wenn der Nutzer Chrome beendet."

Auch die dritte Beta von Chrome läuft nur unter Windows XP und Windows Vista. Google arbeitet nach eigenen Angaben weiterhin an Versionen für Linux und Mac OS X.

best regarts Snitlev

Aurion
31.10.08, 16:23
The second paragraph says :

"Each user receives the update automatically over the next few days," explains the competent manager Mark Larson. On the "About Google Chrome" in the browser Preferences can always manually updated.

Chrome 03.3.154.9 also fixes a vulnerability, the manipulation of a URL in pop-up windows allows. "This flaw allows users about the true origin of a site be misled in order to elicit personal data," said Larsen. Moreover, the browser loads executable files only after a confirmation by the user from the Internet. "Not confirmed downloads are automatically deleted when users Chrome finished."

The third beta of Chrome only runs under Windows XP and Windows Vista. Google operates according to its own data,therefore,developments are going under to provide a future versions for Linux and Mac OS X.

LOL,I don't know why I kinda feel they confirm it on every announcement they make but still they don't want to admit it ! Just take a look at their words man,heh.... the exact part that pisses me off is :

"This flaw allows users about the true origin of a site be misled in order to elicit personal data" Google Brags....

Aurion answers.... "WTF ! Why in the Black mom's stinky p**sy you keep that hole already ?!" :tongue:

Ellesime
14.11.08, 18:16
i've heard that chrome has serious privacy issues.si o will stick to firefox

anon
14.11.08, 20:33
Dev Release: 0.4.154.18
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 | 15:21
Labels: Dev updates (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Dev%20updates)

Google Chrome 0.4.154.18 has been released to the Dev channel ONLY. This release introduces a couple of new features (and, as always, fixes a few bugs).

About the Dev Channel
The Dev channel lets you test the latest fixes and get access to new features as they're being developed. You can learn more about the Dev channel and how to subscribe here: http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/ (http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/)

Reminder: please file (or update existing) issues at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues (http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues)

New Features

Bookmark manager with import/export.
Use the 'Customize and control Google Chrome' (wrench) menu to open the Bookmark manager. You can search bookmarks, create folders, and drag and drop bookmarks to new locations. The Bookmark Manager's Tools menu lets you export or import bookmarks.

Privacy section in Options.
We grouped together all of the configuration options for features that might send data to another service. Open the wrench menu, click Options, and select the Under the Hood tab.

New blocked pop-up notification.
The pop-up blocker formerly just minimized pop-up windows to the lower right corner of the browser window, create one 'constrained' window for each pop-up. Now, Google Chrome displays one small notification in the corner that shows the number of blocked pop-ups. A menu on the notification lets you open a specific pop-up, if needed.

Known Issues

Sites that use Gears to synchronize offline data may occasionally hang. You should disable offline access for sites until a fix is released. (We're working on it and hope to have the update later this week.)

Security Issues

This release fixes an issue with downloaded HTML files being able to read other files on your computer and send them to sites on the Internet. We now prevent local files from connectin to the network with XMLHttpRequest() and also prompt you to confirm a download if it is an HTML file.
Severity: Moderate. If a user could be enticed to open a downloaded HTML file, this flaw could be exploited to send arbitrary files to an attacker.

For more details on what's changed and what issues are fixed, see the detailed release notes at http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/release-notes (http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/release-notes)

@Aurion: I'm sure it's because they didn't know about the bug until it was found :wink:

@Ellesime: I'm keeping my current browser (Opera) too, although I've been having problems with my session at SB-I (it logs out every 2 minutes even after ticking "remember me") with the latest version. I could confirm this issue with another user so I hope the Opera team fixes it soon... In the meantime I have been using FF3 to browse the board at home (until my ISP disconnected me :mad:). It worked perfectly :top:

vDD+wR
14.11.08, 22:54
hey guys :smile:

. In the meantime I have been using FF3 to browse the board at home (until my ISP disconnected me ). It worked perfectly

but i hope you wont switch over completely :wink: remember the good time you had/ will have with opera :tongue:

greetz

anon
15.11.08, 21:49
Hi vDD+wR! :wavey:

but i hope you wont switch over completely :wink: remember the good time you had/ will have with opera :tongue:

Heh, of course not. I couldn't drop Opera even if I wanted :tongue: But dual-wielding browsers is cool (partly because my PC can take the resource usage hit :wink:), and there's a lot about Firefox I don't know (tips, tweaks, good addons), so it's a good opportunity to learn something new. :smile:

Also, if FF lets me browse SB-I at all while Opera can't at the moment, that's a big advantage. :biggrin:

vDD+wR
21.11.08, 13:14
Heh, of course not. I couldn't drop Opera even if I wanted :tongue:
Also, if FF lets me browse SB-I at all while Opera can't at the moment, that's a big advantage.

Good boy! :biggrin: But is this an Opera-related problem or does this something have to do with the SB-I board confiuration?

News Update

Google may pre-install Chrome browser
Google is investigating deals with major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to get its Chrome browser preinstalled on new computers.

The source: Google may pre-install Chrome browser - vnunet.com (http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2230995/google-pre-install-chrome)

anon
21.11.08, 22:24
Good boy! :biggrin: But is this an Opera-related problem or does this something have to do with the SB-I board confiuration?

It's definitely an Opera-related problem, or else I wouldn't have it when using Firefox :biggrin:

Regarding Google preinstalling Chrome on new computers... I think they want to get the market share IE achieved doing the same, but it's a bit too late :wink:

Snitlev
21.11.08, 22:58
Hi, @anon I hope you're good my friend, I don't know what this is but you are knew? Issue 4440 - chromium - Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=4440)

Bye and have a nice weekend ;-)

anon
22.11.08, 18:51
Hi Snitlev! :wavey:

No, I didn't know about that bug. Thanks for posting it here. :top: I guess Google doesn't want you to "go back" :biggrin:

Issue 4440: Tab disappears after switching tabs, hitting Back button

0.4.154.19 (Official Build 5442)

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Open New Tab.
2. Open another New Tab.
3. Navigate to page, e.g. http://www.google.com in 2nd tab.
4. Switch to 1st tab.
5. Switch back to 2nd tab.
6. Hit Back button.

Second tab disappears.

Enjoy your weekend, too! :smile:

mrzzz
24.11.08, 20:25
i just start using this software and i love it

Snitlev
25.11.08, 10:55
Google schließt Sicherheitslücke in seinem Browser

Mit Chrome 0.4.154.25 steht eine neue Betaversion von Googles Browser zum Download bereit. Wesentliche Neuerung ist die neu eingeführte Bookmarkverwaltung, die Chrome bislang fehlte. Zudem schließt Google eine Sicherheitslücke.

Quelle: Neue Chrome-Beta mit Bookmarkverwaltung - Golem.de (http://www.golem.de/0811/63751.html)

sorry, it's german Site

Download : Google Chrome - Laden Sie einen neuen Browser herunter (http://www.google.com/chrome)

in English: Download Google Chrome 0.4.154.25 Beta - FileHippo.com (http://www.filehippo.com/download_google_chrome/4929/)

Search and ad giant Google has just let loose a new official beta version of the Chrome browser. Coming with a lot of things introduced in the Dev channel-released 0.4.154.18 version, Chrome 0.4.154.25 includes
Quelle: TechConnect Magazine - Google rolls out Chrome 0.4.154.25 (http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=23069&catid=3)

I hope it's ok :rolleyes:

anon
04.12.08, 15:54
An official beta release is out:

Beta release: 0.4.154.29
Monday, December 1, 2008 | 13:31
Labels: Beta updates (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Beta%20updates)

Google Chrome 0.4.154.29 has been released and all users will get automatically updated over the next 48 hours.

This release upgrades Gears to 0.5.4.2 to address a security issue with Gears 0.5.4.0 and earlier versions:

Gears Cross-Origin Worker Vulnerability
CVE: CVE-2008-5258
A vulnerability in Gears could allow an attacker to run code in the context of a site that serves user-controlled files. To exploit this, an attacker needs to upload a malicious file to the victim's site and convince the user to allow the attacker's site to use Gears.

Severity: High. Even though this requires convincing users to allow a third-party site to use Gears, it could allow data theft and cross-site scripting on sites hosting user-created content, even those that do not use Gears.
Credit: Thanks to Yair Amit, Senior Security Researcher, IBM Rational Application Security Research Team for responsibly reporting the issue to Google.

This release also contains a fix to stop crashes while dragging tabs on computers running Windows Vista.

This is the latest dev release:

Dev release: 0.4.154.31
Wednesday, December 3, 2008 | 21:21
Labels: Dev updates (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/search/label/Dev%20updates)

Google Chrome 0.4.154.31 has been released to the Dev channel only. This is a bugfix-only release. There are no new features.

See http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel for information about subscribing to the Google Chrome Dev channel.

Please file (or update existing) issues at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues.

Bugs Fixed

Fixes several browser crashes.
Fixes trackpad scrolling on more laptops.
Fix Sogou Pinyin Chinese input method editor (IME) skipping the first letter typed.

The complete list of fixes is in the detailed release notes (http://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/getting-involved/dev-channel/release-notes).

0.4.154.22, 0.4.154.23 and 0.4.154.25 have also been published since 0.4.154.18, but you can always go to the Google Chrome Releases (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/) blog to check their changelogs.

Snitlev
12.12.08, 01:30
While other products are in beta for years, Google has turned Chrome into a final product in months. What does it have up its sleeve?

Just three months after the release of Chrome, Google is following through on its vow to remove the "beta" label from its upstart browser -- making it a rare final product from a company notorious for its seemingly endless beta cycles.

Since its inception, Chrome has served as a test bed for new browser technologies, such as security models, Web standards support and transfer protocols -- experiments that Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) has said it hadn't wanted to attempt in connection with other, established open source efforts, like Mozilla Firefox. The company has issued 14 updates to its browser, almost at a rate of one per week since its release.

Quelle: InternetNews Realtime IT News - Google Chrome's Out of Beta. Now What? (http://www.internetnews.com/webcontent/article.php/3790636/Google+Chromes+Out+of+Beta+Now+What.htm)

Download: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Google-Chrome_32709574.html

anon
12.12.08, 18:56
So, v1.0 is finally out! I guess it's time to change this thread's name, then :wink:

Will try it out soon. An Iron build should be available shortly, I think, to keep up with Chrome's popularity :tongue:

Snitlev
13.12.08, 01:49
and now: Google, Microsoft, Mozilla Battle to Disagree / The browser rivals agree on a few things when it comes to browsers and security.

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Three leading browser providers debated security and other Web-related issues at the closing session of the inaugural Add-on Con conference Thursday.

Quelle: InternetNews Realtime IT News - Google, Microsoft, Mozilla Battle to Disagree (http://www.internetnews.com/search/article.php/3791011/Google+Microsoft+Mozilla+Battle+to+Disagree.htm)

Who is the savest Browser?

anon
17.12.08, 17:10
After Chrome 1.0 is released, you can surely download a new Iron, too. We have also updated the adbock.ini is,which you can get here: http://www.srware.net/downloads/adblock.ini. Further we have improved the Portable Version, it now accepts parameters such as --incognito, to start Iron immediately to the "anonymous mode".

Source: New Iron-Release: 1.0.155 (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=175)

Download (installer) (http://www.srware.net/downloads/srware_iron.exe)
Download (portable) (http://www.srware.net/downloads/IronPortable.zip)

Less than a week after the official release, an Iron build is out. :wink:

pi_1st
27.12.08, 20:59
the most popular browser will never be safe, even when created with vodoo magic.

all the hackers are always targeting the widest user base.

czullo
27.12.08, 21:14
Untill it will have adblock + flashblock + noscritp i rather Firefox

anon
27.12.08, 21:58
@pi_1st: the biggest userbase is held by IE at the moment, but given current trends, that's not for long. :cool:

@czullo: the Iron build has a built-in ad blocker - I'm with you about a NoScript-like addon/feature, though.

GodY
12.01.09, 01:51
Google Chrome is good browser,but i think that they have to work on it.
there are no savest browser :) But I will prefer Mozilla like always .

Snitlev
24.01.09, 02:24
Google Chrome 2.0.158.0 Beta - Internet-Browser

Google hat eine neue Beta-Version seines Browsers Chrome veröffentlicht. Chrome basiert auf der von Apple stammenden Rendering-Engine WebKit und zeichnet sich durch eine hohe Stabilität und schnelle Verarbeitung von JavaScript aus.

Quelle: WinFuture.de - Google Chrome 2.0.158.0 Beta - Internet-Browser (http://winfuture.de/news,44840.html)

and for our English User: Download Google Chrome 2.0.158.0 - A browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier - Softpedia (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Google-Chrome.shtml)

Aurion
24.01.09, 18:34
So are we there yet without the ID tracing plug in ?

anon
24.01.09, 23:39
Nachdem Google eine Vorschau zu Chrome 2.0 veröffentlicht hat, gibt es hier nun auch eine Pre-Beta zu Iron 2.0:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/Iron_20_PreBeta.zip

Bugs bitte direkt hier im Thread posten!

Bitte beachten:
Es handelt sich um eine Testversion aus einem frühen Entwicklungsstadtium, die u.U. Fehler enthält und möglicherweise nicht für die tägliche Nutzung geeignet ist.

Source: Iron 2.0 Pre-Beta Download (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=229)

Snitlev
31.01.09, 02:49
Release beseitigt Probleme und bringt zwei Sicherheitsupdates

Google hat eine aktuelle Beta-Version seines Browsers Chrome auf den Markt gebracht. Die Version 1.0.154.46 löst Probleme mit dem Versenden von E-Mails über Yahoo! Mail. Zudem wird nun auch Microsofts Maildienst Hotmail unterstützt, bisherige Probleme mit Hotmail sollten nun beseitigt sein.

Quelle: teltarif.de News: Google Chrome: Neue Beta-Version verfügbar (http://www.teltarif.de/arch/2009/kw05/s32840.html)

und weiter gehts mit den Neuerungen...

mfg

SBfreak
07.02.09, 13:05
Source: Iron 2.0 Pre-Beta Download (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=229)

Downloaded,installed,works just like chrome.now I don't have to go Ie every time I want to acces this site:wink2:but I have a prob:I can't set it as a default browser..the button is there [Set Iron as default browser] but when I click it nothing happens:eek13:

dHV4
07.02.09, 13:23
But still, Firefox is much better than Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome developed with Old-Fashion style (R.A.M. Doubling if you know what I mean).

anon
07.02.09, 16:51
I have a prob:I can't set it as a default browser..the button is there [Set Iron as default browser] but when I click it nothing happens:eek13:

Go to Start -> Run... -> type regedit and press ENTER:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8606/irondefaultop0.gif

Browse to the registry key shown in the above pic's status bar. In the left panel, double click the "(Default)" value, and set it to:

"(Iron dir)Iron.exe" -- "%1"
Of course replace (Iron dir) by the full name of Iron's directory, for example C:\Programs\Iron.

You may require a reboot for this trick to apply, but Iron should now be the default browser. :top:

Google Chrome developed with Old-Fashion style (R.A.M. Doubling if you know what I mean).

If you mean the fact that Chrome/Iron uses a separate process for every open tab, well, yes, that's a disadvantage, but ideally when one tab crashes the others will be left untouched. Also, this makes it possible for JavaScript to run sandboxed and therefore better protect you against JS viruses.

SBfreak
07.02.09, 18:02
I can't seem to find "http" http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3991/46789957ad1.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=46789957ad1.jpg).Is this because I am using vista?

anon
07.02.09, 18:04
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3991/46789957ad1.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=46789957ad1.jpg).Is this because I am using vista?

It could be, but make sure you're looking for "HTTP" and not ".http".

SBfreak
07.02.09, 18:12
I searched for HTTP too ..no result

anon
07.02.09, 18:21
Are you running Iron as admin? Right-click it and choose "Run as administrator". Accept the security warning.

Then go to Iron's options and click "Set Iron as default browser" again - the button should gray out and a green text appear above it, which means it's now the default browser.

SBfreak
07.02.09, 18:53
No use.I manage to find something but it will not recognise Ironhttp://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1891/42068795tb2.th.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=42068795tb2.jpg)and I have the installed version.
Anyway I think I ve found something but I can't understand what it says:
Link 1 (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=40)Link 2 (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=220)

anon
07.02.09, 19:20
Have a look at this (http://www.garryconn.com/how-to-make-google-chrome-your-default-web-browser-in-windows-vista-home-premium-edition.php) - in introduces a twist in the procedure I last posted.

SBfreak
07.02.09, 19:54
Have a look at this (http://www.garryconn.com/how-to-make-google-chrome-your-default-web-browser-in-windows-vista-home-premium-edition.php) - in introduces a twist in the procedure I last posted.
Yep that's the same site I found:eek:and it didn't work.I plan on leaving this behind and wait for a better/optimised Vista SRWare release.
Thank you for all the support anon:biggrin:

SBfreak
14.03.09, 13:11
1.For those who don't understand(Google translator:tongue:)

It was only a matter of time until clever developers free source of Chromium-use project to create a safer clone of Google's Chrome browser to tinker. "SRWare Iron" demonstrates how to do it.
The website published on the document Chrome vs Iron shows the differences between the two browsers on. Accordingly, without Iron is unique client ID that is creating a time stamp when you install the Google Updater and the controversial proposal service Suggest constraints. Moreover, the browser incorrectly entered web site (Alternate Error Pages), bug reports (Error Reporting) and information about how to download Google Chrome to not send (term to maturity tracking).
2.Is chrome still banned @SB-I?

anon
14.03.09, 16:37
2.Is chrome still banned @SB-I?

Yes - but Iron isn't.

anon
19.03.09, 19:07
A design document (http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/extensions/howto) shows an example of Google Chrome extension. For now, extensions are just fancy wrappers for user scripts, but there are plans to make them more useful by exposing browser features and allowing developers to create interfaces.

Before trying to install the extension linked at the bottom of Google's tutorial (http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/extensions/howto), you need to have a recent developer build (http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel) or Google Chrome 2.0 beta (http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/chrome/beta/index.html).

To enable the support for extensions, edit the target field of the shortcut you use to launch Google Chrome. Right-click on the shortcut, select "Properties" and append to the Target field a space followed by:

--enable-extensions --load-extension="c:myextension"

Download the extension (http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/extensions/howto/myextension.zip?attredirects=0), extract the content to c:myextension and launch Google Chrome. The only visible effect of the extension is that it replaces the logo from Google's homepage with a lolcat, but you can edit the file foo.js and enter a different URL for the image.

First Google Chrome Extensions (http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2009/03/first-google-chrome-extensions.html)

SBfreak
19.03.09, 19:17
Too bad that chrome isn't as flexible as firefox..I can't find a working addblock for it.

anon
19.03.09, 19:19
Iron has a "hard" ad-blocker function... but you couldn't get it to be the default browser in your PC, right?

SBfreak
19.03.09, 19:36
Neah..I have XP now(so I can set it as my default)..but I stick to Chrome because I don't like the way Iron loads up sites.

anon
19.03.09, 19:38
What is it that you don't like, more specifically?

Both use the same engine (WebKit) - and as a matter of fact, Iron is always compiled with a build a few "points" higher than Chrome's.

SBfreak
19.03.09, 19:44
Well maybe you're right(maybe it runs better on xp than on windows 7).I'll switch back to Iron..I hate having to use firefox every time I want to log in on this forum:frown:

anon
19.03.09, 19:47
Here (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=81)'s an explanation about the adblock.ini system. You can use Fanboy's list (http://fanboy.co.nz/adblock/) if you remove the comments from the file. :thumbsup:

SBfreak
19.03.09, 19:56
You mean remove the red part?
# #1945 [Add:Main] koctekpopup.com

anon
19.03.09, 20:19
Get the list first. Opera (http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/opera/)'s should work - rename the urlfilter.ini to adblock.ini.

The comments are all lines that start with a # (pound sign). Delete them. Move adblock.ini to the Iron directory, and run Iron.

The ad-blocker is "hard" - it works, but you can't control it from the GUI in any way.

SBfreak
19.03.09, 20:36
Ok.Thanks.Please check if I did things right.
adblock.ini (http://rapidshare.com/files/211172054/adblock.ini.html):smile:

anon
19.03.09, 20:39
You forgot to remove the following lines:

#-- Fixes --!
#-- Opera-only Fixes --!
#-- Opera Fixes (End) --!
#-- Peel ads --!
#-- Pepperjamnetwork --!
#-- Amazon ads --!
#-- Yahoo ads --!
#-- Feedburner ads --!
#-- Google ads --!
# */adsense.*
#--- Fanboy Adult/Dating Blocking ---!
#! Included in Opera
#--- Fanboy Dimensions V2 Blocking ---!
# !!! 468x80 Dimensions
#!!! 468x60 Dimensions
# !!! 728x90 Dimensions
#!! 160x600 Dimensions
# !!! 300x250 Dimensions
# Opera Only (Opera is now case sensitive)
#--- Fanboy Site-specifics Blocking --!
# ! Opera Only

SBfreak
19.03.09, 20:57
Ohh nooby me..I forgot to use CTRL+F...Thanks again.

I think we should have a SRware Iron browser sticky thread instead of posting anything that has to do with this browser on the google thread:tongue:

anon
19.03.09, 20:58
No problem. :thumbsup:

I think we should have a SRware Iron browser sticky thread instead of posting anything that has to do with this browser on the google thread:tongue:

Well, Iron is essentially just a Chrome fork. And you can search every post related to it in this thread with the "search this thread" tool. :tongue:

SBfreak
22.03.09, 11:57
Well I've learned that it's not the best when it comes to privacy and security that's why I use Iron.It's the same ..and has adblock too.I recommend you try it.:top:

anon
04.04.09, 19:56
New Iron-Version: 2.0.168.0

Based on Chromium 2.0.168.0 here now a new Iron-Version, too.
Download: http://www.srware.net/downloads/srware_iron.exe

This version will replace the present 1.0 stable.

Link (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=269)

Iron for Linux: The actual situation

Since some days it is possible to build Chromium natively (without any emulators) runable for Linux.
This is (not yet) a reason for euphory, because up to now it's not possible to surf on a website (but locale pictures from the filesystem can be displayed, how visible on the third screenshot). But if you try to call a website, nothing happens.

But nevermind, we think that there will be soon much progress and the Linux-Builds work well like the Windows-ones. When there will be the first builds that will fit some quality standards, you will get instantly Iron for Linux, too!

Link (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=287)

SBfreak
05.04.09, 00:18
Since yesterday I am having problems while surfing my mail.I use Gmail.Anyone else having these problems?.I had the same problem while using the 1.0 version of Iron.

anon
05.04.09, 00:30
I can access GMail normally when using Iron portable v2.0.168.0.

SBfreak
05.04.09, 00:48
I just used "clear browsing data" option and works fine now.Probably I should do that every week. I'll try the portable version as well.

anon
05.04.09, 00:49
Then perhaps it was your GMail cookies causing the "login of death" problem - or what was the issue?

SBfreak
05.04.09, 00:56
Well it wasn't quite an issue.The Gmail site was loading slow as hell and sometimes crashed Iron.I had to wait like 30 seconds to acces the spam folder.But it's all over now:biggrin:

czullo
08.04.09, 12:21
Too bad that SB-I block CHROME, its best browser for me. When i use chrome i feel that i have 2 time faster connection. And i don't believe in conspiracy theory about spying everyone ;)

SBfreak
08.04.09, 12:40
Basically they don't have any reason for spying anyone but if anon and others tell me that chrome is not secure I won't use it.If you like chrome so much you should try SRware Iron.It's not banned on SB-i:) it's the only reason I use it instead of chrome.

anon
08.04.09, 15:01
i don't believe in conspiracy theory about spying everyone ;)

Safety first... use Iron! :wink:

czullo
08.04.09, 23:29
i dont want use IRON i like Chrome and i want recent updates to my browser. Not wait till guys from iron update it to the latest Chrome bulid.

One word: PARANOID, every one thinks that every corporation and government have spying that you browse chicks.com, omg this is good for hipies. Dot get owned by this paranoid nobody want to hunt you down, relax and chill out, chrome is best and safest browser so far, if you paranoid don't use Win and any other software which is provided by some big vendor because they SPY YOU especially don't connect to the internet because they all spy you, omg omg !!111 This is sick guys

if google was really spying i bet that few days after relase some coder will post it, its open source !! i dont hear that chrome have inside some spyging code. I can say exacly same about Firefox, opera, ie, safari etc. give ma a proff, not some hipies cry about corporation.

anon
08.04.09, 23:33
Iron is always compiled with a WebKit engine a few "points" higher than Chrome's, for that matter.

You have a good point, but unfortunately there's no sense for Google to code an unique ID and timestamp, among other things, if they don't have an intention to track you down. And perhaps you haven't hear of the man that did Web Banking through Chrome, only to find his credit card number and account balance pop up in the Omnibox (which makes that data visible for all Chrome users) the following day?

czullo
08.04.09, 23:38
I rather trust google than this "home made" iron.

Question: what’s a three syllable word beginning with ‘P’ that means you think that everybody’s against you?
Answer: perceptive.

;)

It’s fashionable in some circles to be paranoid about Google. If they ever do abandon their Don’t be evil informal motto then we are all in trouble. Search engines can gather a lot of information about a person’s interests. While Google is not the only search engine available, they have assembled quite an array of Web systems, including gmail, Google reader, Google groups, DoubleClick, Feedburner and many more. They would be in a good position to integrate a lot of information about a person’s behavior on the Web.

I think this is paranoia rather than being perceptive, but just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.

I hope that you "ban" also gmail, google maps and google.com its same bad evil corporation :)

anon
08.04.09, 23:44
Please put quotes between QUOTE tags.

I rather trust google than this "home made" iron.

That makes little sense. SRWare has removed all of Chrome's privacy-invading "features". But let's imagine he's inserted malicious code inside Iron. Who has more things to win - a multi-million-dollar corporation, or an independent developer offering a free download?

And by the way, that quote only further backs up my opinion.

I hope that you "ban" also gmail, google maps and google.com its same bad evil corporation :)

We can't - it's up to you to decide whether you use them or not :tongue:

czullo
08.04.09, 23:51
Did you know that SRWare is german corporation, and leatly german goverment have posibility to spy their own people computers, even they made special trojan for spying, how i can trus this SRWare, maybe they gather information and send to the german goverment/police ? I rather google takes my browser habbits than Bundestag. Its not good to force using one browser and "ban" other, now i must run IE witch is completly sux, its looks like i will be rather of guest than regular poster. Regards

anon
08.04.09, 23:58
SRWare isn't a corporation, it's a company, and Iron is the only product they offer outside of Germany. If you don't trust them, you can download and compile the source yourself, it's open.

I think that if your browsing speed was really increased twofold with Chrome's engine, it should be no problem for you to use a build that's just 5 "points" below Chrome (latest Dev Channel: 2.0.173.1, newest Iron version: 2.0.168.0)... :smile:

splicer
09.04.09, 00:00
leatly german goverment have posibility to spy their own people computers,

I'm not a German citizen, nor have an IP in Germany, nor any form of computer hardware in Germany. I think I found a loophole.

If you're concerned with privacy and are having to choose between Google and Iron's creators, then why not go for any other browser?:
Comparison of web browsers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers#General_information)
Take your pick; not all can be after your browsing habits.

If you just want Chrome because it supposedly speeds up internet acces, then fair enough.

czullo
09.04.09, 00:03
im not concerned about privacy i just show you that SRWare can also gather information about you and send it to the german police for example. I dont live in germany nor USA so i dont give a sh** about this conspiracy blablabla. I chose chrome and i cant use it beucase sombody have some issues to chrome. If i use it i will take futher action for using not other person so why they dont allow me to use it, im aware of "POSSIBILITY" of spying and im fine with it.

SBfreak
29.04.09, 21:36
Google Chrome actual version version(updated every week): 2.0.176.0
Many great things added and all can be seen here (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/) and here (http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel/release-notes)
Srware Iron actual version(last update on 12.03.09): 2.0.168.0
I am using both and the difference betwen them is clear to me.
So I have 1 big question:biggrin::
I am googling for three days now and still couldn't find another site that banned google chrome or something that REALLY PROVED that google chrome is "EVIL".Is chrome banned because it's somehow dangerous for the SB-I site?
If it's somehow dangerous only for users why not give them the pleasure to take the risk??
..what could they steal from me? tracker accounts...:tongue:...if we take it that way than gmail should also be banned because google is behind it:biggrin:(joking)

anon
29.04.09, 21:39
I am googling for three days now and still couldn't find another site that banned google chrome or something that REALLY PROVED that google chrome is "EVIL".Is chrome banned because it's somehow dangerous for the SB-I site?

See my previous posts :wink:

By that logic Scroogle should be taken down or..? :biggrin:

SBfreak
29.04.09, 21:45
You mean this Scroogle (http://www.scroogle.org/)??:confused2:

anon
29.04.09, 21:46
Yes. It's a Google search Web proxy that munches cookies and ads, and offers SSL browsing. :tongue:

SBfreak
29.04.09, 21:50
So..uhm... what's up with that site:cool2:?(lol nub here:rolleyes2:).I only see this picture
http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/scworks4.gif

anon
29.04.09, 21:52
I see the full page... :confused:

Try this link:

https://ssl.scroogle.org/

SBfreak
10.05.09, 19:53
Is there anyway to see a stored password inside Iron...?? I tried to use Chromepass but I couldn't make it work:mad2:

anon
10.05.09, 20:06
Is there anyway to see a stored password inside Iron...??

Doesn't Iron show passwords if you go to Options -> Minor Tweaks -> Show saved passwords, highlight an username and click "Show password" in the right side?

czullo
10.05.09, 21:33
Is there anyway to see a stored password inside Iron...?? I tried to use Chromepass but I couldn't make it work:mad2:

Use oryginal Google Chrome ;)

SBfreak
10.05.09, 22:23
czullo as much as I love chrome I don't like using it because it's banned and you know that:smile:

czullo
11.05.09, 09:43
i know that why i use Google Chrome (whole internet) + FF ( in SB-I )

rom08
11.05.09, 15:25
+1 Same thing for me

anon
11.05.09, 16:44
i know that why i use Google Chrome (whole internet) + FF ( in SB-I )

If you want Chrome's speed on SB-I, use Iron.

SBfreak
11.05.09, 18:34
Too bad those guys at SRware Iron don't have time to update Iron more often....

czullo
12.05.09, 11:51
If you want Chrome's speed on SB-I, use Iron.

I dont trust 3rd party company modifiy software. And i rather use Stable version (1.x.x.x range) not beta ( 2.x.x.x range ), and i dont see 1.0.154.65 IRON, and i dont like use BETA/ALFA versions.

anon
12.05.09, 16:14
I dont trust 3rd party company modifiy software.

Iron's source code is available, you could even compile it yourself.

And i rather use Stable version (1.x.x.x range)

"SRWare Iron 1.0" - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22SRWare+Iron+1.0%22)

One of those search results should get you to the latest stable build.

czullo
12.05.09, 22:12
Iron's source code is available, you could even compile it yourself.

"SRWare Iron 1.0" - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22SRWare+Iron+1.0%22)

One of those search results should get you to the latest stable build.

nope none of them is lastest version of google chrome, and i dont want to wait 1, 10, 100 days to update. Google chrome code is also available.

SBfreak
12.05.09, 22:25
Well ...I'd compile the code my self if I knew how:tongue:

anon
12.05.09, 22:40
nope none of them is lastest version of google chrome

The latest stable Chrome release is v1.0.154.65. The latest stable Iron release is based on 1.0.155 and can be found here:

http://uploaded.to/file/17iqck

Google chrome code is also available.

Yes. That's how Iron was built.

@SBfreak: I think you can find info here:
http://dev.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/build-instructions-windows

czullo
13.05.09, 11:40
The latest stable Chrome release is v1.0.154.65. The latest stable Iron release is based on 1.0.155 and can be found here:

http://uploaded.to/file/17iqck

yes but its not STABLE, its some beta or dev

coolio256
13.05.09, 12:22
I will never again use sth. of google, because it has to much force and can do what it want...much force=no privacy
by the way firefox is the best browser...

an4rew
13.05.09, 15:11
When are we getting extensions...

anon
13.05.09, 18:51
yes but its not STABLE, its some beta or dev

No, it isn't. For some reason Google uses outdated versions of the WebKit engine on their official builds. SRWare builds Iron with the latest libraries, which explains the extra "point" on the version number.

I will never again use sth. of google, because it has to much force and can do what it want...

Use Iron :biggrin:

When are we getting extensions...

Have a look at these:
Google Chrome Plugins, Themes, Extensions and Add-ons Forum (http://www.googlechromeplugins.com/)
Google Chrome Plugins and Themes (http://www.chromeplugins.org/)

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Chrome-on-Mac precursor rough but workable

Chromium, the open-source project on which Google Chrome is based, and I'm favorably impressed.

The software, available for download from the Chromium Web site, is incomplete and definitely buggy, as one would expect for a developer version that reflects all the latest changes programmers are making with the project. But for Mac users who've been clamoring for the software, I can tell you that overall, it works, and it shows glimmers of what I liked about the open-source browser on Windows.

I used build 15752, released at 8 a.m. PDT, but just to give you a flavor of the pace of publicly available Chrome development, 19 new versions arrived in less than 12 hours afterward.

So you'd be ill-advised to call this well-tested software that's had time to mature into stability. But I think it's good enough for the Mac curious to try.

Chrome-on-Mac precursor rough but workable | The Download Blog - Download.com (http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-10237981-12.html)

SBfreak
13.05.09, 19:57
Chrome Extensions, Bookmarklets & Userscripts Compilation - Google Chrome Forums (http://www.chromeplugins.org/google/chrome-plugins/chrome-extensions-bookmarklets-userscripts-compilation-7510.html)

Here's a great link with chrome user scripts.They also work with Iron:top:

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

WOOT!!! I found something
UnChrome (Removes the unique ID found in Chrome so your browser can't be identified)
I found it on that site but I didn't test it.Is it possible to spoof a different browser using a user script??

anon
13.05.09, 19:59
UnChrome (Removes the unique ID found in Chrome so your browser can't be identified)

It's already been posted here, and doesn't remove other privacy-invading aspects of Chrome, like the Omnibox, RLZ identifier, etc.

And yes, that should possible - it's just a matter of changing the User-Agent.

SBfreak
13.05.09, 20:42
AdSweep is designed for standard-compliant web browsers such as Opera, Google Chrome, Chromium, Iron, Mozilla Firefox 3.1+ or Apple Safari.
After seeing this I started searching for Chorium and this is what I found out.
Index of /buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp (http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp/)
Is this chrome fork also banned:tongue:?

anon
13.05.09, 20:46
Is this chrome fork also banned?

Yes, it is.

SBfreak
13.05.09, 20:53
I see it's just a zip like Iron that's why I asked:biggrin:

anon wrote:

Damn all these chrome user why can't they just use another browser

anon
13.05.09, 20:54
Damn all these chrome user why can't they just use another browser

I don't recall having said that :biggrin:

SBfreak
13.05.09, 21:01
Yeah I know it was just my imagination:redface::wink2:. It's not fair that nearly every week you have to "argue" with all kind of members like me who just don't seem to understand that Google is Evil:wink:. We should bring down Scroogle (http://www.scroogle.org).

anon
13.05.09, 21:03
It's not fair that nearly every week you have to "argue" with all kind of members like me who just don't seem to understand that Google is Evil:wink:. We should bring down Scroogle (http://www.scroogle.org).

That statement is contradictory - Scroogle exists because Google is evil :biggrin:

SBfreak
13.05.09, 21:11
Tracker scripts exist because cheaters are evil:biggrin:

anon
17.05.09, 00:11
New Iron-Version: 2.0.178.0

There is a new Iron Release based on Chromium 2.0.178.0.

Fixed are a lot of Bugs - e.g. at Incognito Modus, at the Downloadmanager and at lot of other things. Also speed and stability are significant better.

Download:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/srware_iron_Preview.exe

Link (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=354) :thumbsup:

SBfreak
17.05.09, 00:44
Why is it called srware_iron_Preview.exe:redface:...anyway thanks for the info and ...WOOT finally an update.

anon
17.05.09, 00:45
Why is it called srware_iron_Preview.exe:redface:

Because it's not an stable version, I think.

anon
18.05.09, 00:56
It appears v2.0.178.0 is no longer a preview:

Download:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/srware_iron.exe

Download Portable:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/IronPortable.zip

You can get the official (Fanboy-based) adblock.ini here:

http://www.srware.net/downloads/adblock.ini

SBfreak
19.05.09, 19:57
how should I update.. I mean do I have to put again all bookmarks again..or should I install over the last installation?

anon
19.05.09, 20:17
I use the portable version, so can't help you much, but installing over the old one should do. Back your bookmarks up, though.

SBfreak
19.05.09, 21:03
Yeah I'd like to know how:D...should I just back up the "Chorium" folder??

anon
19.05.09, 21:06
The following file should do:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Bookmarks.

I don't use the installed version so the path may not be correct :tongue:

SBfreak
19.05.09, 21:18
You can delete that if you no longer use google chrome:tongue:...that's for chrome my friend:wink2:....I think the portable version of Iron doesn't have a User Data forum.
Anyway I found the Iron User Data but it has no Bookmarks.

anon
19.05.09, 21:26
that's for chrome my friend:wink2:

Sorry about that, didn't know Iron uses a different folder when installed since I use the portable. :biggrin:

Try this:

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default

SBfreak
19.05.09, 21:38
Ohh so that's it....I was looking for the Bookmarks folder:biggrin:.Thanks

anon
23.05.09, 20:57
A Speedier Google Chrome for all users

It's been about 8 months since we launched Google Chrome. Aside from exclaiming how fast it is, users have been sending us lots of feedback and feature requests. We've increased our focus on speed and also added some of the most-requested features. Some of these improvements made it into the Beta version that we first released in March, and we've continued to improve the Beta since then. Today, we are moving the Beta version to the stable channel for all users to enjoy.

Google Chrome Blog: A Speedier Google Chrome for all users (http://chrome.blogspot.com/2009/05/speedier-google-chrome-for-all-users.html)

anon
25.05.09, 23:08
Chrome v2 is now stable!

Stable Update: Google Chrome 2.0.172.28

We're promoting 2.0.172 from Beta to the Stable channel today.

We've made a lot of changes to stuff you never see, such as a newer version of WebKit for rendering web pages, a new network stack, and improvements to speed up the V8 Javascript engine.

There are some new features like removing Most Visited sites from the New Tab page, form autofill, and full screen mode.

We're also proud to announce that Google Chrome is now available in 50 languages. We added Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya (on Windows Vista only), Tamil, and Telugu in this release.

Google Chrome Releases: Stable Update: Google Chrome 2.0.172.28 (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2009/05/stable-update-google-chrome-2017228.html)

rubd9bqjS64

SBfreak
25.05.09, 23:17
Well great to hear that..hopefully SRware will update soon:tongue:

anon
26.05.09, 19:23
Iron Pre-Alpha for Linux Download

You can download a Pre-Alpha of Iron for Linux now:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-linux.tar.gz

You need the packages ttf-liberation, msttcorefonts and ttf-mscorefonts-installer.
If you use Ubuntu, you can install them e.g. with "sudo apt-get install ttf-liberation msttcorefonts ttf-mscorefonts-installer"
Then extract the archive and start with the "iron"-Binary.

Attention:
This is a Pre-Alpha release, which means that there is nearly everything uncomplete and broken. Normal surfing is working, but plugins like Flash will not work.

SRWare.net &bull; Thema anzeigen - Iron Pre-Alpha for Linux Download (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=382)

Tarantino
29.05.09, 02:22
Its really fast, faster than Firefox 3 for me

Good Google

+ 1 Rep for Google

anon
29.05.09, 15:26
LOL at repping Google. :biggrin:

Chrome v3 is on the way:
Google Chrome Releases (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/)

Get it here (http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=devchannel).

anon
06.06.09, 19:49
Danger: Mac and Linux builds available

In order to get more feedback from developers, we have early developer channel versions of Google Chrome for Mac OS X and Linux, but whatever you do, please DON'T DOWNLOAD THEM! Unless of course you are a developer or take great pleasure in incomplete, unpredictable, and potentially crashing software.

How incomplete? So incomplete that, among other things , you won't yet be able to view YouTube videos, change your privacy settings, set your default search provider, or even print.

Meanwhile, we'll get back to trying to get Google Chrome on these platforms stable enough for a beta release as soon as possible!

Chromium Blog: Danger: Mac and Linux builds available (http://blog.chromium.org/2009/06/danger-mac-and-linux-builds-available.html)

cheatos
10.06.09, 13:49
Google chrome logs what you visit so i wonder why you use it guys!
Use Firefox , it crushes every browser in its face :klatsch_3:

anon
10.06.09, 20:23
Google chrome logs what you visit so i wonder why you use it guys!

When and how? As far as I know, the most similar thing to logging Chrome has is storing 2% of data typed on it on Google's servers.

There's of course the User ID and timestamp, but that's tracking.

SBfreak
10.06.09, 20:39
Use Firefox , it crushes every browser in its faceNot quite..every user uses the browser that helps him the most.

xixifrank
12.06.09, 16:29
is Chrome safe?
someone says it has backdoor,collecting user data and a lot of unsafe code..

anon
12.06.09, 16:30
someone says it has backdoor,collecting user data and a lot of unsafe code..

And it still does - read Iron's comparison page to know more.

xixifrank
12.06.09, 18:16
so you mean,IRON is a better choice compared with Chrome,right?

by the way,since Chrome is a open-source browser,besides IRON,any other mod based on it?

anon
12.06.09, 18:17
so you mean,IRON is a better choice compared with Chrome,right?

Yes, that's what I think. All the privacy-intruding "enhancements" are removed in Iron.

by the way,since Chrome is a open-source browser,besides IRON,any other mod based on it?

There's another fork called Chromium, but it's also banned from here.

cheatos
12.06.09, 19:06
but that's tracking.

so whats the difference ? tracking = logging :wink2:

and i have also heard that google logs ip's in this format: 111.111.111.XXX

btw what is Iron Chrome ?

SBfreak
12.06.09, 19:32
SRware Iron--> SRWare Iron - The Browser of the Future (http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php)

anon
12.06.09, 20:01
so whats the difference ? tracking = logging :wink2:

Basically, but tracking also leaves a trace in your computer (for example, a cookie), which will keep on enabling others to potentially track you over extended periods of time: Google's tracking cookie lasts two years, and its expiration date is reset when you use one of their services.

and i have also heard that google logs ip's in this format: 111.111.111.XXX

Where did you hear that? I wasn't aware of it.

btw what is Iron Chrome ?

Google's Web browser Chrome thrilled with an extremely fast site rendering, a sleek design and innovative features. But it also gets critic from data protection specialists , for reasons such as creating a unique user ID or the submission of entries to Google to generate suggestions. SRWare Iron is a real alternative. The browser is based on the Chromium-source and offers the same features as Chrome - but without the critical points that the privacy concern.

We could therefore create a browser with which you can now use the innovative features without worrying about your privacy.

cheatos
12.06.09, 21:53
Basically, but tracking also leaves a trace in your computer (for example, a cookie), which will keep on enabling others to potentially track you over extended periods of time: Google's tracking cookie lasts two years, and its expiration date is reset when you use one of their services.

great info :klatsch_3: never knew this...

Where did you hear that? I wasn't aware of it.

look here:

Debunking Google's log anonymization propaganda | Surveillance State - CNET News (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13739_3-10038963-46.html?tag=mncol;title)

Source: Google Chrome privacy worse than you think coderrr (http://coderrr.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/google-chrome-privacy-worse-than-you-think/) AND Official Google Blog: Update to Google Suggest (http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/update-to-google-suggest.html)

As an example, an IP address of a home user could be 173.192.103.121. After 18 months, Google chops this down to 173.192.103.XXX.

but it seems outdated :redface: ...

anon
12.06.09, 21:57
As an example, an IP address of a home user could be 173.192.103.121. After 18 months, Google chops this down to 173.192.103.XXX.

But that's when using Google search, not Chrome.

About the Omnibox, it's well-known that they store 2% of data you write on it. Someone once did home banking from Chrome and after a few days saw his account balance and credit card number there, visible to anyone else... :redface:

cheatos
12.06.09, 22:16
But that's when using Google search, not Chrome.

Chrome's Location bar is bundled with Google suggestions (search bar)..
that means if you wrote "something illegal" they would know this :icon_angry[1]: .. because Chrome sends that info..

See here:

But then I realized something huge. If you use Google Chrome, Google will know every URL you type into the location bar.

Other Quote from the same site:

No other browser that I know of uses an automatic search/suggest feature in the location bar. The location bar is where you type the address of the site you want to navigate to. Firefox uses a suggest feature in the search bar. It makes sense to do it there. Google.com now has auto suggest on their homepage. It makes sense there too. Now it makes sense to also have it in the location bar in terms of a nice helpful feature. But in terms of privacy I think this is a new low. I think Google should, at the least, not be sending your cookie out with these searches. But even then they could be connected to you by IP.

Google Chrome privacy worse than you think coderrr (http://coderrr.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/google-chrome-privacy-worse-than-you-think/)

anon
12.06.09, 22:18
Chrome's Location bar is bundled with Google suggestions (search bar)..
that means if you wrote "something illegal" they would know this .. because Chrome sends that info..

Yes, that's right. But Iron removes that feature :biggrin:

I think you can also toggle it off in the official Chrome.

cheatos
12.06.09, 22:24
ok i will give Iron Chrome a try.. :wink:
and wow what an extreme posting speed , sounds like you are a bot! :biggrin:

i have more than 10 posts but i still cant post here:
International accounts/invites - SB-Innovation - Leecher Mod Source Nr. 1 (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f58/)
any help would be appreciated

anon
12.06.09, 22:26
That's the old trading area. It's locked. The new one is colored green, and you need to be a full member to access it.

xixifrank
13.06.09, 13:58
There's another fork called Chromium, but it's also banned from here.
WHY??

and,how many languages does IRON support? Since my mother tongue isnt English,while I need to set some advanced settings,so maybe Japanese or Chinese will be more suitable for me:wink:

PS: Safari 4 Final doesnt give the legendary fastest speed as imagined,maybe it works better under MAC??

anon
13.06.09, 17:39
WHY??

Because it has the same "features" as Chrome - tracking ID, etc.

and,how many languages does IRON support? Since my mother tongue isnt English,while I need to set some advanced settings,so maybe Japanese or Chinese will be more suitable for me:wink:

It supports many languages - chinese and japanese included. :smile:

PS: Safari 4 Final doesnt give the legendary fastest speed as imagined,maybe it works better under MAC??

Yes, you're right. A review I read said it should be blazing fast under x64 Mac.

SBfreak
13.06.09, 18:10
Because it has the same "features" as Chrome - tracking ID, etc.
Well it's just a archive,no updates,just extract and run.I've heard it's compiled just like Iron.
And it's not from google.It comes from the guys that work on the source code.

anon
13.06.09, 18:12
I know, I was talking about the features that are removed in Iron. :tongue:

SBfreak
13.06.09, 18:17
Ohh lol I was talking about chorium (http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp/) and why it's banned...*headshot*.Where's czullo I need backup!

anon
13.06.09, 18:19
*double kill*

And it's not from google.It comes from the guys that work on the source code.

Yes, I know this. There's a big community project behind Chromium :biggrin:

SBfreak
13.06.09, 18:25
*ultra spam*
So to clear thing out this browser is also banned because it has the same "features" as google chrome?

anon
13.06.09, 18:25
Yes, so it is.

xixifrank
14.06.09, 19:40
I find there is always one more process than the number of tabs I open.
for example. 1 tab,2 iron.exe 2 tab,3 iron.exe
I dont know why,where does the surplus one come from:confused2:

anon
14.06.09, 19:41
I find there is always one more process than the number of tabs I open.

That's normal.

xixifrank
14.06.09, 19:53
That's normal.
:confused2: it costs more memory thus...I havent used Chrome before,is it also the same in this situation?

by the way,how to let the new tab show blank? the default is showing history....a little no-privacy:biggrin:

anon
14.06.09, 19:55
:confused2: it costs more memory thus...I havent used Chrome before,is it also the same in this situation?

I can't check right now, but it should be the same, since Iron only changes the privacy-invading stuff and uses a version of the WebKit engine that's a few "points" higher.

by the way,how to let the new tab show blank? the default is showing history....a little no-privacy:biggrin:

Options -> Basics -> Home page -> "Open this page": about:blank

Black Orchid
15.06.09, 04:24
Iron would be optimal use if updated more. Cannot use Chrome due privacy concern. If only Iron had release often as Chrome.

SBfreak
15.06.09, 13:13
According to the SRware admin they'd update Iron more if more people donated.

anon
15.06.09, 19:22
New Iron-Version: 3.0.189 Beta

Parallel to the stable 2.0-Tree we now also offer an Iron-Version based on Chromium 3.0 which contains extensions-support and other new features.
Because of its early develpment state it propably contains some bugs - so it is released as beta.

Download Installer:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/srware_iron_beta.exe

Download Portable:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/IronPortable_beta.zip

Source (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=433)

SBfreak
15.06.09, 19:44
Woah great they finally decided to update:tongue:.
If someone downloaded the beta please uploade it somewhere.Again I have problems downloading Iron.

anon
15.06.09, 20:48
Edit: removed, because it had 0 downloads :tongue:

SBfreak
15.06.09, 21:13
Thanks anon.:biggrin: Forgot to edit the post.Anyway if you guys have problems downloading from SRware use Internet Explorer.Now ..I have a problem:P.I can't get adsweep to work with this beta.

anon
15.06.09, 21:16
If it doesn't work with Chrome 3 (http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=devchannel) either, AdSweep may not be compatible with the alpha.

SBfreak
15.06.09, 21:19
Neither the extension.Bad news indeed. I really loved adsweep.

anon
15.06.09, 21:20
Relax, they'll eventually update it when v3 goes stable :tongue:

SBfreak
16.06.09, 21:16
Yeah but you know how I am,always glad when a Iron updated is released.Last time I didn't have problems with adsweep and it seems that the other user scripts don't work too.[COLOR="Silver"]

rom08
18.06.09, 09:31
I may buy an android base phone and i wonder if i can access the site with chrome lite

anon
18.06.09, 17:06
I may buy an android base phone and i wonder if i can access the site with chrome lite

When you buy it, go to this site (http://showip.net/check_user_agent.php) and PM a Mod its User-Agent.

anon
24.06.09, 13:38
Chrome Tests an Updated New Tab Page

Chromium, the open source version of Google Chrome, includes a more customizable new tab page. You can easily pin, remove and reorder thumbnails without having to enter in the edit mode. Pinned items are always displayed in the new tab page, which now shows only 8 thumbnails, even if they're no longer frequently visited.

The list of search engines and the recent bookmarks have been removed and there's a new section of recent activities that includes recently-closed tabs and recent downloads. Another new section is called "recommendations", but it's still a work in progress.

You can hide the thumbnails, hide the list of recent activities and the recommendations if you don't find them useful.

akKGNlyyYSw

Chrome Tests an Updated New Tab Page (http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2009/06/chrome-tests-updated-new-tab-page.html)

Also, an Iron 3.0.189 alpha for Linux is out:
SRWare.net &bull; Thema anzeigen - New Iron-Version: 3.0.189 Alpha for Linux (http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=443)

anon
09.07.09, 22:09
Google Chromium gains native theming support on Linux

The Linux port of Chromium, the open source development version of Google's Chrome browser, now has a native theming mode that will make the browser adopt the icons and colors from a user's GTK+ theme.

Chromium, the open source development version of Google's Chrome Web browser, recently gained support for native theming on the Linux platform. This reflects the growing maturity of the Linux port and demonstrates the extent to which Google is committed to making Chrome a first-class browser on the Linux platform.

Google Chromium gains native theming support on Linux - Ars Technica (http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/07/google-chromium-gains-native-theming-support-on-linux.ars)