PDA

View Full Version : Wlan problem!! Help!!

GSP
26.08.08, 08:27
Can someone help me and teach me on how to access WLAN with password. Last week our WLAN doesnt have a password but yesterday they put a password on it. We cannot access anymore ,can someone here know how to access on it?

help please!!

thanks in advance :)

SKAndal
26.08.08, 11:15
Can someone help me and teach me on how to access WLAN with password. Last week our WLAN doesnt have a password but yesterday they put a password on it. We cannot access anymore ,can someone here know how to access on it?

help please!!

try to reset your router. there might be a little reset button in the back. you´ll need something like a pen that fits in the little hole. hold it like 5-10 seconds and your router should be reseted. after that your router is "brand new" so that you have to configurate it again but this time use the wpa or wpa2 encryption :wink2:.

Logitech
26.08.08, 15:02
Skandal he is not talking about his own network, but someone else network.
He want to know how to access a router that is of his neighbor for example.
Masterjelion accessed the network because it didn't had any password.
Now they have put an password on the network and now he cannot enter again.

I don't think it's allowed to share methods on this board on how cracker Wireless networks.

SKAndal
26.08.08, 15:46
@ logitech
i´m not sure if he really want to hack in someones network because he said:

...Last week our WLAN...
but let´s see what he says.

Logitech
26.08.08, 18:00
@SKAndal
The reason why I think that it's not his network

yesterday they put a password on it

teach me on how to access WLAN with password.

But I think it's a good idea to just wait, because of his gilberisch English he maybe intended to say something different then what we are thinking.

anon
26.08.08, 19:16
@masterjelion: maybe you find these links useful? (but make sure it's your WLAN you have been locked out of :wink:)

(PM me)

kazuya
27.08.08, 00:37
There are two ways of reset,normal and a hard way.Hard way:hold reset button,unplug power cord then plug it back,dont forget to hold all the time reset

I never tryed it, so do it on your on will:cool2:

GSP
27.08.08, 04:46
sorry for my poor english but i will try to explain it further.

For the last 10 months up to last week everytime i scan for wlan networks from my laptop there were 2 networks that doesn't have security password. I can access and surf the net without any problem. But now (the same 2 networks) seems to have security password.

Are there any other way to be able to connect to their networks? I forgot to say that the 2 networks are from the company in front of our Dormitory.Can someone help me? please ..

Logitech
27.08.08, 09:03
There are several ways to access a secured network, but I don't know if it's allowed to post that on this site, because of some german rules about what you have on your website.

shoulder
27.08.08, 12:48
It depends on the encryption of the network.

AFAIK only WEP is crackable, WPA/2 only with a word list or bruteforce.

But we can't tell you how to crack it, read the rules. :wink:

kazuya
27.08.08, 12:59
Why do you need to use someone's network?!Don't you have your own.

GSP
27.08.08, 13:33
Why do you need to use someone's network?!Don't you have your own.

Im using the wlan everytime i go home from my work. I dont have internet in the dormitory. Im working 8am- 10pm and when i go home (usually 10:30pm to 12 midnight) im using wlan to access to the internet. Im using it because that's the only time i can spend for my family.(YM)

But now our communication is through phone, i dont have that money to buy lots of prepaid credits.

Maybe no one can help me ..

thanks for your time sir.

Logitech
27.08.08, 17:30
maybe it's a little weird question but i'm still going to ask it:).

If you use wlan to internet and now you can't access them.
How do you post here? or are you posting at work.

kazuya
27.08.08, 17:52
I have a better question:biggrin:

i dont have that money

But how you then have money for a laptop?

i scan for wlan networks from my laptop

Aurion
27.08.08, 20:26
com'on guys keep off the guy,he's just asking for help here :biggrin:

hey masterjelion,just take a look @ the rules sheet here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/misc.php?do=cfrules) then you can PM a Mod/VIP for accessing certain links here in SB-I then we don't tolerate illegal links at all costs,if then approved to provide you with a couple of helpful topics then come back & post here ...

@Logitech: if you feel of helping him,just PM him dude :top:

GSP
28.08.08, 03:22
@logitech

first of all im using my pc in the company to reply on this thread. I bought my laptop in a second hand so that i can communicate to my family in thailand. I use to chat everytime every night maybe around 10:30 pm-12 midnight.But now i cannot "CHAT" anymore to my wife and 2 kids because i cannot access anymore.

thanks for your time logitech for giving me a non sense advise.

im only asking for a help from you, but if you dont have any good idea can you just shut up.

thanks for all your advise , maybe this is not the right place for my problem, i will try to PM butcho if he will allowed to post a link to my problem.

thank you..

kazuya
28.08.08, 11:46
I have a link to site that describe this.you can find evrything there about that.

Is it alowed to post this kind of link?

GSP
28.08.08, 16:21
I have a link to site that describe this.you can find evrything there about that.

Is it alowed to post this kind of link?

can you pm it to me sir?

Logitech
28.08.08, 17:22
@logitech
thanks for your time logitech for giving me a non sense advise.

im only asking for a help from you, but if you dont have any good idea can you just shut up.

lol, there are more then enough sites where you can find how to crack a wlan.
Just google and you will find alot of sites.
I have heard somewhere that in germany site owners are responsible for what is posted on there site and what I have heard is that several german pentesters moved there server for example to holland, because it's illegal to have such kind of tools.
The tools can be used for network testing if it's secure enough, but also for breaking in someone's else private network.
Accessing someone else network without permission is illegal and there are several punishments for that.
So because of that reason I didn't posted any links

Thus before you start whining about things use google.

How did I found about cracking wlan > Google
How did I found this site > google
What should you use > GOOGLE

Why I know cracking Wlan?
Computer security is a hobby of me and the things I learned while cracking my own network I used to make it more secure.
First I used Wep, I could easily crack wep so I step over to WPA after a while WPA cracking was possible and so I stepped over to WPA2 and that is crackable, but it's a lot harder.

Some people do banking business on there pc.
Would you like it when people just did an ARP Poison attack on your lan sniffing you login codes and password so that they can use that?

kazuya
28.08.08, 19:27
Logitech,you are absolutely right.
i am against cracking someone's network and would not be glad if somebody cracks mine.and it can be found everywhere with a little bit of googling

anon
28.08.08, 19:47
@masterjelion: don't say what Logitech said is "non sense advise" and tell him to shut up, because he just gave the exact outlook of the situation. :wink:

kazuya
28.08.08, 21:21
On the other side i dont have that kind of problems,security breaking....i dont use wireless.
Wired is wired,it rules:cool2:

Logitech
28.08.08, 23:18
On the other side i dont have that kind of problems,security breaking....i dont use wireless.
Wired is wired,it rules:cool2:

Yea wired is the safest thing if you want to be connect to the internet.
Unless they are tapping your wire.

Nobody
29.08.08, 00:23
No offense to anyone, but the fact that the morality of stealing internet even came into play on a website that specializes in cheating at a distribution method that enables piracy made me laugh.

Additionally, if you run your own Wifi network with any amount of competence, there are simple methods beyond passwords that ensure the protection of your network.
Limit the connections to your known list of PC MAC addresses for one. QoS/Throttle all other connections is another. Or more simply just look at the user list of your network occasionally to see if there are unwanted visitors.

But it doesn't really have to be that complicated if your feeling particularly lazy or don't know how to do that. As previously mentioned use WPA/WPA2 and use standard password-protecting tactics: use a word that can't be brute forced (make up a word, combine several words), change upper/lower case, throw in numbers, throw in some l33t speak, etc. This one security measure remedies most worried minds--mind included.

In my opinion, if the person broadcasting their internet over their neighborhood doesn't know how to properly use and administer the device--they have no business using it in the first place. Chances are that the neighbors of masterjelion, like the majority of people, fall into this category of novice-user. So good luck to you masterjelion, and if you do connect to them again--limit your bandwidth a bit. They may have put the password on their network after things become routinely sluggish or unresponsive (and only then became aware of your presence).

Logitech
29.08.08, 11:29
Additionally, if you run your own Wifi network with any amount of competence, there are simple methods beyond passwords that ensure the protection of your network.
Limit the connections to your known list of PC MAC addresses for one. QoS/Throttle all other connections is another. Or more simply just look at the user list of your network occasionally to see if there are unwanted visitors.

You can make a mac filter list, but spoofing you mac is not that hard.
[ ]
[root#~ macchanger 00:11:22:33:44:55]
[ ]
[_______________________________ ]

and you are done.

Monitoring your network is for some people just a little bit to advanced.

But it doesn't really have to be that complicated if your feeling particularly lazy or don't know how to do that. As previously mentioned use WPA/WPA2 and use standard password-protecting tactics: use a word that can't be brute forced (make up a word, combine several words), change upper/lower case, throw in numbers, throw in some l33t speak, etc. This one security measure remedies most worried minds--mind included.

Yea that is the best thing to setup a secure password.

In my opinion, if the person broadcasting their internet over their neighborhood doesn't know how to properly use and administer the device--they have no business using it in the first place. Chances are that the neighbors of masterjelion, like the majority of people, fall into this category of novice-user.

I don't know all the ins and outs of my devices, but I don't think that should be a reason for people not to use them.

anon
29.08.08, 18:01
No offense to anyone, but the fact that the morality of stealing internet even came into play on a website that specializes in cheating at a distribution method that enables piracy made me laugh.

BitTorrent may "enable piracy", but wasn't originally meant for it. If you see everything this way, any program that allows file transfer between 2 or more people enables piracy, copy.exe enables piracy, DD enables piracy, etc.

That's right, defining a MAC whitelist is probably the best way to protect a wireless network. @Logitech: yes, you can spoof it, but surely the router will notice two clients with the same address? You could only hook to the network when the computer that owns that MAC is offline, at most.
QoS/throttle? That'd prevent even the legitimate owners of the network from having full access/throughput to it. But it is indeed a good measure for public hotspots, where the service is provided for free (or having paid a small amount of money for a consumition, as in Wi-fi bars and cafés) and they have to shape all kinds of P2P and heavy bandwidth-using protocols that hog all the other users' speed (a kind of solution to the so called 'free rider' economic problem).
Manual examination of the online users list is probably the best solution, but also time-intensive, specially for large networks. And if you delay time between checks, hackers may as well have connected and disconnected between the last two looks you had at the list.

Correct. WPA/2 is probably the best way to go now. Some people think WEP is still secure, when it just takes capturing a few millions of encrypted packets for a password cracking application to find out the used pass.
It's easy to take some words, mix their letters together and add some numbers and symbols between, and end up with a hard to guess/brute but easy to remember password, such as p4$5w0rD_g@esˇh[r3.
It's just that most people use an easy to remember (and hack) password to accelerate the initial connecting to the network and start doing their work faster. Remembering the hex equivalent of such a pass (for those times when you need it) also becomes easier.
Lots of password generator programs also exist, which can give you an extremely secure string to use in less than a second. Then you can tick the "remember password" checkbox (so that your PC would need to be hacked in physically to get it), or store it in a simple .txt, which could also be cyphered with an easier one.

In my opinion, if the person broadcasting their internet over their neighborhood doesn't know how to properly use and administer the device--they have no business using it in the first place. Chances are that the neighbors of masterjelion, like the majority of people, fall into this category of novice-user. So good luck to you masterjelion, and if you do connect to them again--limit your bandwidth a bit. They may have put the password on their network after things become routinely sluggish or unresponsive (and only then became aware of your presence).

Probably. They may have taken conscience about securing their Wi-Fi network, or just noticed something was going on just like you mentioned, specially if MJ used bandwidth-intensive apps.
So good luck finding a new WLAN you can connect to, and should what I have said be right, now you can learn from your mistakes :smile: