PDA

View Full Version : Pirating movies is 'more lucrative than heroin'

zatoicchi
25.08.08, 09:22
ORGANISED crime syndicates including bikie gangs have moved into DVD and internet piracy, with some channelling millions of dollars in illicit profits into drug dealing ventures.

They are making their money off the back of movies like The Dark Knight, of which pirated DVDs have already been seized in Australia, and locally funded film The Bank Job, which was on DVD in Australia before its release on the big screen.

Australia is now second only to China in the Asia-Pacific region for the number of pirated DVDs seized, according to the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft.

Neil Gann, AFACT director of operations, said the growing sophistication of the pirate industry meant the big players were taking over from computer geeks and mum-and-dad" operations.

More than $233 million a year was being stolen from the country's film industry – including video hire stores and suburban cinemas – and ending up in the pockets of criminals.

Pirating movies is 'more lucrative than heroin' (http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,24236266-5014108,00.html)

anon
25.08.08, 20:17
Mhm... drug (and weapons) dealing is the most successful business in the world, so I doubt movie piracy can reach that level so "easily".

Logitech
25.08.08, 20:26
anon now you're wrong.

Yesterday me and my friend where selling illegal dvd's on a other secondary school (2 other friends where selling on my school)
When we where there for like 10 minutes two guys on a mopet started shooting at us.
My friend and I ran for our life.
My friend dotched a bullet that was like 1 inch from his head.

In the past when I sold drugs and carried my own weapons I never had such kind of problem.

As you can see Illegal movies are the new Cocain.

anon
25.08.08, 21:20
Now that's serious. You're both OK, right?

I meant the biggest business thing in a world-scale. But it's true that illegal DVDs (and other pirated content) will become the new 'crack' sooner or later. And you just gave an example of this... :)

Aurion
26.08.08, 00:32
anon now you're wrong.

Yesterday me and my friend where selling illegal dvd's on a other secondary school (2 other friends where selling on my school)
When we where there for like 10 minutes two guys on a mopet started shooting at us.
My friend and I ran for our life.
My friend dotched a bullet that was like 1 inch from his head.

In the past when I sold drugs and carried my own weapons I never had such kind of problem.

As you can see Illegal movies are the new Cocain.

you what ?? heh,got bullets flying over ur head ??! no shit :tongue: anyway,are you OK ??

anyway,the pirated movies industry was originally organized like 15 years ago man,I saw movies sold on DVDs (just after a DVD was out on the market) back then when I was a child,sold mostly by asians,indians in Gulf countries,so don't worry that will last for the next decade :eek13:

anon
26.08.08, 23:11
Here you can see the illegal DVD/VCD selling guys having placed their whole "catalog" in the street so that people can see what they have to offer; and even the cops themselves buy the movies...
Of course there's something big behind that. I don't think the police lets them be there without "anything" happening just because... oh well -_-

Dagon
26.08.08, 23:26
@logitech:
@anon:

in which country do u live?????
shooting like this in germany would be nearly impossible. good ok, i live in a village, but even in the cities here it canīt be so hard.

I know only that u can easy buy illegal movies and co in italy. and in eastern europe i know one EU-country u can buy illegal movies in the most stores. so i got some cheap R5. But the movies are even cheap too.

I have only seen a shooting (u know what i mean) when i was in eastern europe. it was crazy. and i had one time there to jump out of a running bus. (nice to be in one of the poorest and most coruptest areas in europe)

Mfg Dagon

anon
26.08.08, 23:29
I live in Argentina...

Aurion
27.08.08, 01:49
I live in Argentina...

WTF anon :shockkk!: I thought you were from Germany or some part of Europe,damn,you didn't mention that before :tongue: Nice Tango country

anon
27.08.08, 01:52
Nice Tango country

It also makes my timezone a lot different than SBI's :tongue:

Aurion
27.08.08, 02:03
It also makes my timezone a lot different than SBI's :tongue:

lol yeah same here I guess behind 1 hour only to SB-I's time at summer (2 hours at winter)

Logitech
27.08.08, 09:05
I live in the same timezone as germany.

@anon do you ever sleep? you're almost always online:).

Aurion
27.08.08, 20:58
I live in the same timezone as germany.

@anon do you ever sleep? you're almost always online:).

LOL me & anon just eat,drink & sleep SB-I :biggrin: (nah,we don't sleep I guess most of the day)

Logitech
27.08.08, 21:04
So you are some kind of an artificial plant?

Aurion
27.08.08, 21:05
So you are some kind of an artificial plant?

hehe,nah It's just my work got me used to sleep around 8 hours ONLY during a normal day,so imagine when having a work rush :rolling_eyes:

anon
27.08.08, 21:11
@Aurion & Logitech: yea, I do sleep... :cool2:

shoulder
27.08.08, 21:18
They're both bots, therefore they're online all the time. :biggrin:

But now back 2 Topic guys. :wink:

anon
27.08.08, 21:20
But now back 2 Topic guys. :wink:

OK, sorry, last OT post from me...

You're also online all the time. :biggrin:

Logitech
27.08.08, 21:25
But why are the bots called aurion and anon.
Why not moo and SB-bitch.

Aurion
28.08.08, 02:23
But why are the bots called aurion and anon.
Why not moo and SB-bitch.

Well.... that's something I won't call myself with nor anon since it's unformal :redface: Anyway,stop the OT,will ya ??

:lovesbi: