PDA

View Full Version : What.cd Announces a New Feature,Collages

Aurion
25.08.08, 03:53
Well, lately we've been feeling a little artistic and a little bored at the lack of new features rolled out this week. As such, we thought we'd kill both birds with one stone and release a shiny new feature that reflects our latent artistic personalities.

This is where the collages came in! A collage starts with a collection of torrents with similar properties - for example, "classic jazz albums of the 60s". The covers of these albums are then juxtaposed together to form a masterful work worthy of Henre Matisse, or some other famous artist you've never heard of. Any power user can create their own collage, and any member can add to an existent project.

If you're a fan of minimalism (or have a slow connection), there is an option in your profile to only list the torrents, instead of having both the torrent list and the album art list.

We kickstarted the project with a few billboard lists - now it's up to you guys to flesh it out. Have fun!

quoting an admin there :

Today we released a new feature that I'm personally extremely excited about. It gives you the opportunity to create personalized collages (i.e. all the works of a specific artist, label, singer etc.) or charts (Billboard, Rolling Stones, Pitchfork etc.)

I think they are trying to pull in attention since such a new feature will give What an extra Rep point among other music trackers :top: