PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle's Stylish New X27 Makes an Appearance

zatoicchi
24.08.08, 06:33
Shuttle has provided Tom’s Hardware with a sneak peak at their stylish new solution to the bulky, comparatively power-hungry basic office or multimedia desktop.

ZoomThe new X27 is a Small Form Factor PC designed as a replacement for a larger, full-ATX office or home theatre system, which not only saves you an incredible amount of desk space, but looks great in the process! The X27 is finished with a highly-reflective, piano black paint which looks quite sophisticated. You might want to keep your hands off the outside if you want it to stay that way, as glossy paint-jobs are infamous for leaving behind fingerprints and showing up the dust.

With a total chassis volume of a mere 3 liters, around 1/10 that of a standard ATX tower, and measuring only 250mm (L) x 185mm (W) x 70mm (H), the X27 can fit almost anywhere. But you won’t want to hide it away, because while it looks good, the X27 is also extremely quiet, producing a tiny 23 dB of noise at both idle and full load according to the information provided. There’s no need for high-airflow, high-noise fans even in this tightly closed environment.

Shuttle's Stylish New X27 Makes an Appearance (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/shuttle-x27-sff-atom,news-29011.html)

Aurion
24.08.08, 08:01
hmm,appearance,its all about appearance lately !! but what about quality ? :biggrin: lets hope it doesn't take that much desktop as they mentioned

anon
24.08.08, 23:57
Looks stylish indeed:
http://media.bestofmicro.com/,P-M-155146-3.jpg

When it becomes widespread, I'm sure it'll be a good alternative for people that use the computer to do just basic things like browse the Net or send & receive e-mail... so that they can save power and everyone benefits :smile:

Aurion
25.08.08, 01:12
damn,what a sexy PC :top: for sure anyone would love to have such a stylish case even for lousey emailings :biggrin:

Logitech
25.08.08, 17:01
Looks stylish indeed:
http://media.bestofmicro.com/,P-M-155146-3.jpg

Is the blanket included?

It's a nice looking pc, but I don't think it will be able to play high grapics games.

anon
25.08.08, 20:01
Is the blanket included?

I don't know...

It's a nice looking pc, but I don't think it will be able to play high grapics games.

Of course not :top: It was designed for "simple" stuff, like browsing, e-mailing and sometimes movie-watching :biggrin:

Aurion
26.08.08, 04:03
Of course not :top: It was designed for "simple" stuff, like browsing, e-mailing and sometimes movie-watching :biggrin:

LOL,then imagine setting up a monster parts for gaming purposes in such a sexy case,RULEZ :top:

Logitech
26.08.08, 17:55
yea but where do you put the fan to cool that thing or water cooled?

anon
26.08.08, 20:10
Put it in a fridge, so that it's always cool :cool2:
Now serious, there are ways to cryogenically put your processor at -40°C using an [adapted] fridge motor :shockkk!:

Aurion
26.08.08, 20:13
Now serious, there are ways to cryogenically put your processor at -40°C using an [adapted] fridge motor :shockkk!:

yeah anon you aren't joking,we have something similar to that,it's a simple fan rounded with crome wires boosting Ferion gas (used in Air Conditioners) to the fan,so that the fan just generates tiny bits of icey air molecules :tongue: (extra expensive here :mad2:)

Logitech
26.08.08, 20:16

lol, there are pc where you can bake an egg on.
If you got such a pc where you are talking about you could keep your ice cream on it and it wouldn't melt.

Handy when the battle becomes "hot".

anon
26.08.08, 20:29
lol, there are pc where you can bake an egg on.

Hottest PC ever:
http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.phpi/3646b1ff/pc_bbq.jpg

If you got such a pc where you are talking about you could keep your ice cream on it and it wouldn't melt.

"Do more by doing less" :biggrin:

Handy when the battle becomes "hot".

Nice word play :tongue:

Aurion
26.08.08, 20:37
Nice word play :tongue:

or when the hunt becomes "Wild" :tongue:

anon
26.08.08, 20:41
or when the hunt becomes "Wild" :tongue:

The most dangerous "game" :wink:

Aurion
26.08.08, 20:44
LOOL anon,you got to be carefull there bud :tongue:

Logitech
26.08.08, 20:45
The most dangerous "game" :wink:

maybe I'm thinking the wrong way, but what does it matter.

The "game" can be dangerous without a condom:rolleyes2:

anon
26.08.08, 23:06
LOL guys :redface:
"Game" can mean both something that's playable (most common meaning) or animals people hunt for sport...

Aurion
29.08.08, 23:16
or just hunting a lousey rabbit that runs 2x faster than ya :tongue:

anon
29.08.08, 23:17
That's it.
I didn't mean anything like what Logitech thought :biggrin:

Logitech
29.08.08, 23:35
That's it.
I didn't mean anything like what Logitech thought :biggrin:

I'm just a pervy young perv.