PDA

View Full Version : Find and Share Music with TinySong

zatoicchi
24.08.08, 06:22
TinySong is an easy to use website where users can search for music and share tracks with friends via a direct link. The website is linked to Grooveshark, a P2P powered music service, that allows users to manage and store their entire music library “in the cloud”.

tinysongWhen you visit the TinySong website, all you will see is a large search box. When you enter a search term the site performs a search on one of the largest online music libraries, and returns direct links to playable versions of the tracks that match your search.

There is no need to register, everyone can search for, and play as many tracks as they like. There is even a queue feature in place for those who want to play more than one song. Registration is free, and offers several benefits, as it enables users to create playlists, add favorites, download tracks, and includes all of the other features Grooveshark offers. This is when it gets even more interesting.

Find and Share Music with TinySong | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/find-and-share-music-with-tinysong-080823/)

anon
24.08.08, 22:24
Very good :biggrin: Now what I'd call straightforward: I enter an artist's name, press ENTER, wait for the page to load: then I'm presented a big list of his songs, where clicking an entry in it is enough for that track to start playing. :top:

Hope the MAFIAA® doesn't feel like taking such a wonderful service down any time soon :mad2:

Nobody
25.08.08, 00:13
Nice. There's plenty of these types of sites popping up in the last six months so I doubt they'll be shut down all together based on how they work. Really nice for if your on a work computer and want to queue up a long list of music...

Seeqpod (http://www.seeqpod.com) is another nice one

anon
25.08.08, 00:21
Thanks Nobody for the extra link and info. :top:
Yes, this is useful to be able to access a huge music library when you're at work/school/cafe or simply away from home... At cafes and school you may specially have problems getting P2P programs to connect to their networks. These are nice alternatives to be able to listen to your favorite songs as you work ;)

Aurion
25.08.08, 00:49
It's good to see such sources for getting free music,since most of the library sites lately just depend on clickable ads for earning money just for free without offering the decent service that a user (who actually might accidently dropped into their site) would ever search for !! Moreover,just for the record,Ive never visited/seen (at least for ones I searched for over Google) any worthy website that offers good packs for iPod/Music players so hope this one becomes handy sometimes :tongue:

anon
25.08.08, 00:53
Ive never visited/seen (at least for ones I searched for over Google) any worthy website that offers good packs for iPod/Music players so hope this one becomes handy sometimes :tongue:

It takes writing the name of an artist and pressing ENTER for Tinysong to show you all tracks by him it has, which would kind of make a "pack"... and upon registration, you can download them! :top: (or else use the old open Sound Recorder, add up a lot of blank .wavs, and record audio output trick :tongue:)

Aurion
25.08.08, 00:55
hehe !! yeah I guess it would be nice to record those songs off of such websites just to have your packs ready for mp3 CDs burning !! Let me check that out now :biggrin:

anon
25.08.08, 01:00
Oh well, I was mistaken: that little floppy disk icon wasn't to download tracks, but to save a playlist. :frown:

You can still use the sndrec trick; I'll explain it to you tomorrow, and maybe we can even make a tutorial about it later :smile:

Aurion
25.08.08, 03:47
Oh well, I was mistaken: that little floppy disk icon wasn't to download tracks, but to save a playlist. :frown:

You can still use the sndrec trick; I'll explain it to you tomorrow, and maybe we can even make a tutorial about it later :smile:

didn't check that function still yet !! :top: yeah sure,Love to provide as much info as I can :klatsch_3: