PDA

View Full Version : Noel Gallagher of Oasis Speaks Out on Piracy

zatoicchi
24.08.08, 06:20
Noel Gallagher from the 50 million-selling band Oasis has been chatting about piracy on the UK’s Radio 1. He jokes about mainstream journalists asking him about non-existent leaks from the new album and encourages everyone to download the music of rival bands. Overall, he’s pragmatic and upbeat, looking forward to filling his swimming pool with mineral water.

GallagherSooner or later, this type of article will cease to be news. In fact, so many artists are speaking out about file-sharing in a positive or at least pragmatic way that by this time next year, we’ll probably be writing about artists who don’t have something to good to say, such is the shift in attitudes towards P2P.

Big names like Nine Inch Nails, 50 Cent, Joss Stone, Duffy and Travis have all had positive things to say recently.

http://torrentfreak.com/noel-gallagher-of-oasis-speaks-out-on-piracy-080822/

anon
24.08.08, 23:28
Noel Gallagher ... jokes about mainstream journalists asking him about non-existent leaks from the new album and encourages everyone to download the music of rival bands.

LOL, for some reason this made me remember that Kid Rock article :tongue:

... this type of article will cease to be news. ... so many artists are speaking out about file-sharing in a positive ... way.

Because they put themselves in the filesharers' shoes :cool2:
Also, from a musician's point of view, I think it's also nice to see people care about listening to your music, be it downloading your tracks from P2P networks or buying the CDs.

Big names like Nine Inch Nails, 50 Cent, Joss Stone, Duffy and Travis have all had positive things to say recently.

50 Cent, for example, said that the music industry doesn't understand that filesharing doesn't hurt the artists. :top:

Aurion
25.08.08, 00:52
..looking forward to filling his swimming pool with mineral water.

LOL :biggrin: I think he's upset to see his music getting down the drain in music stores as long as those who he calls "pirates" share his music around the globe just to fulfill their needs :klatsch_3: