PDA

View Full Version : BCG - Fake Page coming ... Keys needed

shoulder
23.08.08, 01:19
A link will appear shortly in your userdetails page, its bright red and you cant miss it. Clicking on this will bring you to an up-to-date (ish) user agreement (its mostly the same agreement as before but with added triple boston-arm-lock move (ok just the confidentiality bit at the top). It basically means, you allow us to keep records of you on our files (usernames, ips etc ) for use with account history, bans etc.

Agreeing to this will also generate a new 'key-word', for use with the fake index page the site will display to non members (as opposed to the blackcats logo etc.)

once in place, if you are logged out you will see this page. there is a search box on the page which you need to enter your key-word (you will need to type it in, not cut and paste). You do not need to hit submit or press enter. If the keyword is valid, it will generate the usual username/password feilds for logging in at the very bottom of the screen (yes java will have to be enabled for BC). enter your username and password as normal and you will then enter the site proper.

Generated key words are just snippets of words generated from a dictionary and are completely random. Some of them are readable (therefore easy to remember), others are not. key words cannot be re-generated.

They are also specific to your account so someone else cannot use your word to gain access to their account. So do not give out your keyword to anyone, even though its useless without the username and pass associated with it. Only you can see your own key-word, so staff will not be able to help you remember it. staff cannot reset the key-word either, its just like another password basically.

If you need to recover your password for some reason (or your keyword), type 'recover' in the search box. This will bring up the usual email text box (again at the foot of the page). enter the email address of the account you wish to recover and submit as normal.

The referal system is in place and will also make use of the fake index pages searchbox. Full details of this will be posted in good time.

This link will be visible for about a week so make sure you generate your key word and make a note of it. after the link has gone;

If you took no action or didnt visit the page, your account will be deleted.

If you selected 'I DISAGREE', your account will be deleted.

If you select ' I AGREE', its all gravy.
So, you have about 1 week to generate your keyword.
Don't miss it or your account will be deleted.

Bad for members with parked account which can't access them within the time, they get deleted too. :frown:

Aurion
23.08.08, 02:17
LOL don't know why more & more Trackers keep implementing deeply sophisticated security counter measure just to make it more complicated for any new members who might had a chance with an invite !! damn,also PP (peer portal) is implementing a fake home page just to keep buggers away :confused2: shame that my 3 accounts got banned,was a decent tracker tho :top:

shoulder
23.08.08, 02:21
Well, BCG hasn't invites.

But they're going to use a referral system soon, that's also a reason for this change.

Aurion
23.08.08, 02:27
damn,didn't know that BCG doesn't have invites !! then that way they will never accept any new members soon !! I mean remember when that tweak worked (the one I posted about getting into some High Level Trackers) on BCG,they banned all the new registered users within a weak or so after they got in :baeh:

shoulder
23.08.08, 02:30
Sure there will be new members soon.

The referral system is some kind of invite but not in the usual way.

Aurion
23.08.08, 02:34
Well,this is good news then,hope to get back in there

Shoulder you should Hook me up once again :tongue:

shoulder
23.08.08, 02:38
Yeah, i can help then. :wink:

If I ever understand how this will work, the first explanation sounded very complicated. :biggrin:

Aurion
23.08.08, 02:45
yeah the Idea itself to have a fake page is more secure but sux for new users who just want to have a look @ the site's home page !! Anyway,its getting way complicated then before so lets hope for a better change by then :top:

CindyVer
23.08.08, 11:52
What's complicated about it ... when going to the home-page you get a fake page and you have to fill in a 'keyword'. Only when typing the right keyword you will be able to login :wink:

@ Reppy: Don't really see the need for non-members to see how the home-page of a private-tracker looks? I never based my decision to join a tracker on their home-page :cool2:

And PP has had a fake login page for quite a while ... nothing new there.
Banned 3 times ... you need to work on your cheating skills than Reppy ... it ain't that difficult to cheat at PP, but they don't have many users so you have to a bit more carefull than let's say at TL :biggrin:

shoulder
23.08.08, 12:32
I meant the upcoming referral system looks complicated.

I read the explanations once and didn't understand them.
But I wasn't really concentrated maybe that's the reason. :biggrin:

Aurion
23.08.08, 18:19
@ Reppy: Don't really see the need for non-members to see how the home-page of a private-tracker looks? I never based my decision to join a tracker on their home-page :cool2:

And PP has had a fake login page for quite a while ... nothing new there.
Banned 3 times ... you need to work on your cheating skills than Reppy ... it ain't that difficult to cheat at PP, but they don't have many users so you have to a bit more carefull than let's say at TL :biggrin:

LOL I didn't mean that I make my decision up on Trackers home pages,its just that its a good promotion if you have a decent Home Page for ur tracker (take a look @ PtN's Banner for example,so damn sexy for me :biggrin: & so is ScL),anyway with that new fake page users will ONLY dream of getting to see how BCG's home page looks like

Btw,I don't need to shape up my cheating experience anymore than that,never got banned @ any Tracker EVER !! not coz of cheating at least (inactivity & else) :top:

anon
23.08.08, 18:31
Thanks for the heads-up sh :top:
*generates keyword :biggrin:*

And it is true that while a fake frontpage won't be a problem for already registered members, it probably adds a small layer of security for the tracker itself. And people who get an invite will probably see the "real" signup page from the first time, so everyone benefits :tongue:

shoulder
23.08.08, 22:22
As far as I know the people which are invited also get the fake page.
Then they have to enter a certain word which will redirect them to the signup page.

anon
23.08.08, 22:26
Well, they don't in this case, then... ^^
And how do they know the keyword? Is it in the "you have received an invite to xxxxx" e-mail?

shoulder
23.08.08, 22:38
I don't know how this will work exactly.

The referral system will most likely released with the fake page, and I think further information will be given. :wink:

kazuya
23.08.08, 22:56
Huh, just generated my keyword.:wink:

Aurion
24.08.08, 02:02
Huh, just generated my keyword.:wink:

Congratz,just go good with your account since BCG has gone strict lately with small users (below PU)

shoulder
25.08.08, 21:02
Little update:

You still have time until the 15 september to generate your key.
Most likely the fake page is also scheduled on that day.

Aurion
26.08.08, 00:24
Little update:

You still have time until the 15 september to generate your key.
Most likely the fake page is also scheduled on that day.

lool nice they extended time,that fake page would be awful once injected :rolling_eyes:

shoulder
21.09.08, 21:24
Referal System: Fake Page: Bonus: Theme Entries: etc etc

I am going to come completely clean, i have no idea what is happening with these.

Altinertia had a hand in all of these, and he has not been on the site, and i have not spoke to him for 2 weeks.

First and foremost I hope everything is OK with him, and its just his ISP has disconnected him or something, but as i do not know the reason, i can not shed any more light on the reason why he has not been around at all.

So. as he was the one coding everything, and he has all the code with him, there is not a lot we can do about the above systems that we were going to put on the site, until he comes back, and if he never comes back (worse case scenario) we will have to probably do some of the mods from scratch again, or just abandon the ideas completely.

All i can really say is, it does not look like the fake page or the referals will be going on tomorrow, unless he does show up before tomorrow night that is.

I dont really care about the above, as long as he is OK thats all i am bothered about atm.
(Sorry for posting that late, forgot it)

Looks like we have to wait for unknown time.

zatoicchi
21.09.08, 21:35
well i guess i know why i was disabled there..have not log in there for awhile..
i guess i have to wait for them to open up someday..:top:

yoco
22.09.08, 11:32
Good thing I generated my key when they sent 1st PM to everyone :biggrin: A lot of guys I know were complaining there accounts were deleted. Now they have a nother shot. :wink2:

shoulder
22.09.08, 19:23
VERY VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!!!!

As a lot of members found out this past weekend, we are very serious about generating your keyword. About 19000 members of the site had not done so and had their accounts disabled. We decide to give everyone 1 week from today which will be sometime on Sunday 28th of September to generate the Keyword. If you have failed to do so by this time your account will be DELETED not disabled, DELETE which means the account can never be re-enabled it's gone forever.

Follow the link below to find out how to generate your keyword.
If you didn't generate your keyword already and your acc is still alive you better do pretty fast. :wink:

anon
22.09.08, 20:16
Thanks sh :wink:
Glad I have generated my keyword as soon as you created this thread. :smile:
Wouldn't like to be in a rush to do so now...

Aurion
23.09.08, 23:39
WTF ? :shockkk!: 19k accounts disabled....this is crazy dude...why is it that they are taking it seriously ? Well,it's obvious that right after their first announce of that project,they finally admit the truth,banning all uncommitted users :top:

anon
23.09.08, 23:44
Couldn't agree more. They want/can do it or not, they must take it seriously this time, after disabling such a high amount of accounts... :wink:

CindyVer
24.09.08, 09:37
All the one disabled are users that aren't really intersted in BCG, or they would have seen the announcement and generated the keyword.

yoco
24.09.08, 12:55
I agree with you CindyVer, I made my key the very first time they announced it.

shoulder
24.09.08, 14:46
Hey all

I only went the shop to get some milk :S

Stois anniversary bonus has now been paid out to all users. Also, we attempted to bring the keyword system into affect but it seemed a HELL of a lot of users wernt ready for it so as slips news item says (below this one) you have another week to do generate a keyword.

if you dont have this done by then the accounts will be deleted and not disabled. There will be no retrieving of accounts after this.

Have a nice day
alt.
Seems like the fake page is coming soon, I hope there won't be a big delay. :wink:

anon
24.09.08, 20:41
@CindyVer: I have to agree with that. Both the announcement and the option to generate a keyword in your profile were in big, red letters, impossible not to see. So most likely the disabled users either didn't care about BCG or have time to check the tracker...
I generated my keyword a minute after shoulder created this thread just like yoco :smile:

shoulder
25.09.08, 22:06
New announcement

For the members that have done this already we thank-you so much.

As of today 14000 members still have failed to generate their keyword. If you are one of these members that has not do so yet then we ask you again to take 30 sec. to generate your keyword.

If you are having an issue generating the keyword then TidusBlade was kind enough to create an easy to follow guide which can be found here:

Board Message (http://www.blackcats-games.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23461&hl=)

We are giving everyone till Sunday September the 28th to take the above action, if you choose not to do so your account will be DELETED with no chance of getting it back.

If you have any question you can come to IRC and join #help or post a message in the staff box.

Thanks
They really care about their members.
Too much in my opinion, those who weren't able to generate their keyword till now also won't do it even if there'll 100 more new announcements.

anon
25.09.08, 22:30
Too much in my opinion, those who weren't able to generate their keyword till now also won't do it even if there'll 100 more new announcements.

You're right with that, this should be the last warning for good... it's too bad for the people that are busy with real life and can't check the tracker and generate their keyword, but else everyone that isn't will think there'll be another chance to do that, and so on... :redface:

shoulder
29.09.08, 23:14
The fake page is now online and working. :top:

It needs a few seconds till the login form appears, so please be patient.

Aurion
30.09.08, 00:51
it's nice to see that page ready for use,that means I still need to get in first LOL :tongue:

anon
30.09.08, 00:59
They could have cared a little bit more IMO and write some fake text for the "latest news", "projects", etc. like Uk-T did... but it's OK this way, if you put yourself in the position of someone not knowing BCG.net it a BT tracker, you wouldn't get the slightest idea of such by looking at the fake page's contents. You'd think it's a corporate page under construction, at most. :wink:

Lorem ipsum is a classic. :cool2:

Aurion
30.09.08, 01:03
lol,still it's relative to the in door announcements made inside the news page in the traker home page...so it doesn't make a difference that way tho...it's good that they got that project DONE so far...hopefully for more secured moves

CindyVer
30.09.08, 11:30
I don't think a tracker with 50.000 members will benefit greatly on the security with a fake login-page. What's the use ... keeping the authorities out by creating a fake home-page!!!

I lol at that kind of safety measures ... it doesn't make any difference at all when you opened your signups a month ago and let 20.000 new members in ... the people that wanted to get in are in there now, and probably already had an account before that!

anon
30.09.08, 15:44
Well, yes, BCG is already quite well-known, but the fake page still adds a little bit of extra security.
And maybe their admins think that if people that are invited to the tracker can recognize a fake login page and get through it to log in, maybe they're more "worthy" of being in the tracker than less experienced people who can't, who knows...