PDA

View Full Version : Opera 9.52

Ostracized
21.08.08, 03:32
User Interface

* Added several improvements to the icons and skin
* Added a bookmark path to autocompleted bookmarks in the address bar to better distinguish them from visited pages
* Added a Help button to Engine Init() Failed error message on start-up to inform users about a problem

Mail, News, Chat

* Fixed an issue where Mark all as read in Opera Mail would also mark as read some mails not visible in the current view
* Fixed the creation of the POP AOL/aim.com account
* Fixed a problem with POP accounts where message bodies were not downloaded
* Added work-arounds for problems with various POP servers
* Fixed mail appearance when Opera is installed in a folder with a # character in its name
* Fixed a problem that could occur when opening mail notification popups on a secondary monitor
* Fixed a problem connecting to online.no
o Note: Users experiencing problems with online.no should change their incoming server to use Plaintext authentication
* Fixed a problem updating signature when switching accounts
* Fixed a problem where UI would not update after unsubscribing an IMAP folder
* Fixed an issue where IRC would disconnect users without informing them

Display and Scripting

* Fixed an issue with history navigation: an iframe with document.write is not added to history anymore
* window.close() now functions after invoking a context menu - now also works in widgets
* Fixed a URL encoding issue: javascript: URLs
* Fixed an issue with lists not displaying correctly when text is rendering in RTL
* Fixed a problem where content blocker adds a generalized block rule when using the Details button

Security

* Fixed a startup crash that could allow execution of arbitrary code: see our advisory
* Sites can no longer change framed content on other sites: see our advisory
* Fixed an issue that could allow cross-site scripting, as reported by Chris Weber of Casaba Security: details will be disclosed at a later date
* Custom shortcuts no longer pass the wrong parameters to applications, as reported by Michael A. Puls II: see our advisory
* Prevented insecure pages from showing incorrect security information, as reported by Lars Kleinschmidt: see our advisory
* Feed links can no longer link to local files: see our advisory
* Feed subscription can no longer cause the wrong page address to be displayed: see our advisory

Miscellaneous

* Fixed a problem where Gmail would not load
* Fixed the opening of files in external applications when disk cache is off
* Fixed an issue with low quality on YouTube video previews
* Embedded YouTube videos should work more often now without having to reload
* Fixed RealPlayer on BBC
* Fixed a small memory leak in the BitTorrent code
* Fixed some translation errors

Windows-specific changes

* Returned the Windows shell menu to the Transfer context menu
* Fixed the opening of PDF files in Acrobat Reader plug-in when the folder contains special characters
* Added a Close Tab entry to the File menu

Download HERE (http://www.opera.com/download/)

anon
21.08.08, 15:45
Time to update my portable Opera :biggrin:

Aurion
21.08.08, 20:38
Don't know why I feel that I will start using that Opera Browser very soon :tongue:

anon
21.08.08, 20:40
Well... will you? :eek3:
I can give you some tips :wink:
---
Updated to 9.52 today but its scrolling feels different :frown:

vDD+wR
23.08.08, 05:36
think i will download this version too, since the 9.50 had still a few bugs in it..

Updated to 9.52 today but its scrolling feels different :frown:

maybe you have still activated the smooth-scrolling or haven't diabled it... don't know what's for you different. :wink:

greetz

rufus0815
23.08.08, 14:12
flash improved but still sucks ass under linux
and the update crashed my personal searches :frown:

Nevertheless
great browser and a lot of things feel more stable with the update

Logitech
23.08.08, 14:44
Could someone tell me why I should change from browser?

I use Firefox for quite some time.
Never had any problem with it and I got plug-ins for everything I need.

What can Opera offer me that Firefox can't.

Ostracized
23.08.08, 15:07
Opinions are all over the net, its not even hard to find.

In the end its what suits you.

anon
23.08.08, 18:52
@vDD+wR: thought that too, but I have had smooth scrolling disabled all the time, both in 9.50 and this update, and still... :frown:

@rufus0815: close Opera, delete its search.ini file (can be located both at %programfiles%\Opera and %appdata%\Opera\Opera\profile), run it again and let it recreate the file. Then go to Tools -> Options -> Search, and re-add your custom search engines there :top:

@Logitech: who said you should change your browser? :biggrin:

Everything has its advantages and disadvantages... For some people, Op "feels" faster than FF (I'm one of those :smile:, but it may be because I'm more used to O than FF now), starts faster and has more features, but for FF users they're nothing you can't add through extensions/add-ons [Firefox is very extensible], and, depending on the settings or tweaks applied (sometimes even if none has been), Firefox uses less memory than Opera, specially with a lot of open tabs at the same time.

So it's like Ostracized said :top:

vDD+wR
23.08.08, 19:00
just downloading the new version..

im very excited if i experience the same bug/feature too.. :wink:

anon
23.08.08, 19:05
Hope you don't :biggrin:
Anyway it depends on how you 'felt' v9.50's scrolling, and the new one :wink: So you may not even have the 'bug' at all because it's an user-side "setting" :tongue:

vDD+wR
23.08.08, 19:24
So you may not even have the 'bug' at all because it's an user-side "setting" :tongue:

and so it is :rolleyes2:
i dont experience any difference in the scrolling behaviour on this site at least...
but i hope you don't wanna switch to FF now! :tongue:

anon
23.08.08, 19:26
and so it is :rolleyes2:
i dont experience any difference in the scrolling behaviour on this site at least...

That's good :wink:

but i hope you don't wanna switch to FF now! :tongue:

No way! I'll switch to using the Space bar to scroll pages down instead :cool2:

vDD+wR
23.08.08, 19:35
so the bug only appears when you scroll with the scrollbar!??!:eek3:

thats kinda strange.. :wink:

anon
23.08.08, 19:36
so the bug only appears when you scroll with the scrollbar!??!:eek3:

And when pressing the middle mouse button and moving your cursor down :/

rufus0815
23.08.08, 19:52
@rufus0815: close Opera, delete its search.ini file (can be located both at %programfiles%Opera and %appdata%OperaOperaprofile), run it again and let it recreate the file. Then go to Tools -> Options -> Search, and re-add your custom search engines there :top:

already done ;)
but i backuped my old searches first and copy pasted them (with a few changes) to my profile search.ini
Working as expected now.

But thanks for your advice anyway

anon
23.08.08, 20:00
No problem ^^
I have had that problem too, but since I only have 3 custom search engines (Google -sending less info in the url than the original setting-, Youtube and Wikipedia), it was always easier for me to re-add them.
So I didn't know about your method (which is even faster), thanks :top:

cDDDe
23.08.08, 20:42
Version 9.52 is very good. I had no problems yet.
Where can I find Opera 9.52 Multi ... Portable?
My preferences: OperaPortable > FF > IE

anon
23.08.08, 20:45
Where can I find Opera 9.52 Multi ... Portable?

Here (http://www.opera-usb.com/) :top:

My preferences: OperaPortable > FF > IE

I only use IE for Windows Update :biggrin:

Aurion
26.08.08, 03:44
I only use IE for Windows Update :biggrin:

LOL same here,IE sux big time lately,became so heavy (at least for me) when loading it for the first time,after a reboot :eek3:

rufus0815
26.08.08, 03:56
btw

if you're looking for some Adblocking for Opera
-> Fanboy's Adblock List for Opera (http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/opera/)

works great for me - no more ads :top:

boyscout
26.08.08, 05:00
for opera adblocking my fav is, BFilter: About (http://bfilter.sourceforge.net/) :top:

anon
26.08.08, 15:39
@rufus0815 & botscout: I use Outpost v4's ad blocker and not Opera's, but those lists are really useful for my portable Opera, so that annoying popup and "flying" ads won't bother me anymore when I'm at school or a cafe... thanks! :top: