PDA

View Full Version : Shareaza Team Fights Back With Project Panthera

anon
19.08.08, 19:52
The team behind the Shareaza client have recently had a tough time, having been the victim of a music industry conspiracy to steal their brand name and destroy goodwill. Undeterred they are fighting back and today proudly announce the development of a brand new filesharing client with BitTorrent support - Project Panthera.

Shareaza Team Fights Back With Project Panthera | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/shareaza-team-fight-back-with-panthera-project-080818/)

Aurion
22.08.08, 00:49
the name sounds very Cool so far !! hope they get some support from the Bittorrent Community geeks since u know most anti-p2p orgs just want to take anything down even a silly fly :biggrin:

anon
22.08.08, 00:55
If its BT implementation is good and fast, yes. :biggrin:

Aurion
22.08.08, 06:13
LOL yeah we will see more p2p appz soon (I have that feeling already since TPB has won a couple of battles in several countries lately) :biggrin:

anon
22.08.08, 17:58
Yes :smile:
TPB is also designing their own P2P protocol (remember? (http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-sees-a-future-without-bittorrent-071030/)), but that'll take some time.

Aurion
22.08.08, 19:56
Good that they already have their own designed counter measures to override suckers bugs

anon
22.08.08, 20:07
File sharing

Work on the current bittorrent protocol
New scalable tracker design

Work on a next generation protocol
New Protocol design thoughts
Experimental software
Multi Source
Privacy

Privacy

Ideas and strategies to protect your privacy online.

Anti-snooping:

IP end to end encryption

Anti-p2p protection:

Spam Blocking - Client improvement
Peer Blocker - Client improvement
Tracker Blocker - Client improvement
Server side blocking
Server side abuse detection
Client side abuse detection
DHT abuse detection

Anonymity

Nothing here yet, will write when i have a bit of time.

Main Page - Secure-p2p Wiki (http://securep2p.org/index.php?title=Main_Page)

Definitely sounds nice :wink:

Aurion
22.08.08, 20:09
the best one for me is : DHT Abuse Detection that would get things sorted out securely :top:

anon
22.08.08, 20:22
"IP end to end encryption" sounded the best for me: very hard to throttle :top:

Aurion
22.08.08, 20:48
yeah but since you will set a ranged port map for your incoming connections,then I think any ISP will figure out a way to throttle u (gonna take a couple of hours work tho)

anon
22.08.08, 20:57
Add a "choose random ports on startup" option :biggrin:
Although that'd be a problem for router (port forwarding) users.

Aurion
22.08.08, 23:13
hehe,yeah in that case its OK I think when setting random port mapping,then users would be able to stay a bit longer in the shadows :biggrin: (however,I do like port forwarding myself since its precise & secure)

anon
22.08.08, 23:18
With random ports, the app would choose a different port number every time it's run, and router users can't know what no. the prog will choose next time it's run, therefore they can't forward that post. That's the problem...
I think changing ports manually every now and then, then forwarding them would be a good solution :)

Aurion
23.08.08, 02:48
yeah I know that simple Idea but also consider how those changable ports would do to users who suffered from IP Throttling & Inet surfing access,I guess they will be reliefed for a time

anon
23.08.08, 19:15
Yes, it'll be a relief :top:
But maybe after some time ISPs fine the way to throttle it... so selectable encryption should be added like in Filetopia, so that you can choose what algorithm you want to use (AES, Blowfish, etc.)
Anyway the project is barely in progress and we're already talking about how it could be improved :biggrin:

Aurion
24.08.08, 02:11
heh ? :biggrin: its good to imagine how a program would look like before even using it !! Just to know that its still weak (unless our dreams came true) till those improvements get implemented :klatsch_3:

anon
24.08.08, 23:04
TPB can come here to look for suggestions and comments about their new SecureP2P protocol then :cool2:

Aurion
25.08.08, 00:58
TPB can come here to look for suggestions and comments about their new SecureP2P protocol then :cool2:

yeah but unfortunately they will find out that nothing would stand against our inventions tho !! Just provide us with extra security-wise features to improve our cheating experience tho :biggrin:

anon
25.08.08, 01:02
Remember their main objective is anonymity, security and AP2P protection :top:
They can "take care" of us later... [should the SP2P protocol become widespread] as if such a thing was possible! :tongue:

Aurion
25.08.08, 03:39
Remember their main objective is anonymity, security and AP2P protection :top:
They can "take care" of us later... [should the SP2P protocol become widespread] as if such a thing was possible! :tongue:

LOL those Ap2p suckers are already taking good care of us,fighting every p2p user & convincing every ISP they could reach to just piss off users by throttling their connections !! such a thing shouldn't have been possible tho :redface: