PDA

View Full Version : IOC Wants Olympic Torrents Off The Pirate Bay

anon
19.08.08, 19:47
In an official letter to the Swedish Minister of Justice Beatrice Ask, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) has asked for “assistance” from the Swedish government with preventing video clips from the Olympics in Beijing to be shared on The Pirate Bay. The Pirate Bay, however, does not plan to take anything down, and renamed their tracker to The Beijing Bay.

IOC Wants Olympic Torrents Off The Pirate Bay | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/ioc-wants-olympic-torrents-off-the-pirate-bay/)

It also got a new nice logo :tongue:
http://torrentfreak.com/images/beijingbay.jpg

SealLion
20.08.08, 07:39
What the frak do those idiots want now???:eek13:

I'm glad TPB is telling everyone to go to hell with thier idiot ideas about censoring material from the net and only letting TV stations have thier way.
Hell, man.
This is the age of the internet.
Is it not??

anon
20.08.08, 16:24
It kind of backfired on them :tongue: ->
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=5223

SealLion
20.08.08, 16:44
backfired straight up into thier asses.

Lets hope it stays there too to cause a nice irritation.

i

Manas
20.08.08, 16:55
Nice moves from the Pirate Bay :biggrin:
Or should I rather say Beijing Bay? :klatsch_3:

I'm just glad that there are still some guys out there who resist the powerful China and the IOC.

SealLion
20.08.08, 17:01
Now that we're talking about China. It is beginning to be a real facade over there with the olympics.

First its the singing child fiasco; then more news comes out re: all the 'nice' covers over 'not so nice' city scenery like old buildings that are not scenic to look at; then more news that the chinese police removing all the homeless people and pple known to be on drugs; then more news about......

sorry. Shouldn't be talking about china. Its an IOC thread. Sorry. My bad. :(

anon
20.08.08, 18:50
Yea, and things like the Internet censorship being disabled in places where foreigners will work or stay at during the Games... -.-

But you're right about this being an IOC thread ;)

rufus0815
21.08.08, 03:12
First its the singing child fiasco; then more news comes out

my favorite was that all those guys in the boxes wore diapers :biggrin:
but well, they had their big show.

but back to the IOC:
they are unexpierienced, but might be they learned, that you can sue everybody but the pirate bay :top:

Aurion
21.08.08, 20:48
damn,I like those admins in the PB !! they know what they are doing,tho I dont think that anyone would be able to completely take down PB since it is a main stone in the Bittorrent Spine World :top:

anon
21.08.08, 21:02
TPB is an icon of/in the BT world... at least of how you can't take it down :cool2:

Aurion
21.08.08, 21:03
yeah & thats the point tho !! everyone of us heard of (if he did not already been there before he gets deeply into private ones) TPB & people used to call it "Bittorrent Mansion" :klatsch_3: